PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 Hunting Tips, Tricks and Advice

conor122
11-01-2012, 04:05 AM
For me, the best way to earn money in AC3 is by hunting, as i seriously have no clue on how the homestead can be used to generate income. :o

Does anyone have any tips on:
The best animals to hunt
Good locations to hunt
Any effective methods
Convinient places to buy/sell supplies
Any worthile things to craft
And anything else hunting related
Thanks Guys, and try to steer clear of those pesky wolves! ;)

UnvoicingReaper
11-01-2012, 05:03 AM
As for best teqniques the only thing i can suggest is hunt by river beds as ****** pelts are worth 400 something pounds, and they move slower than pond water...Or, if you'd like try the bait and snatch...bait an area where Elk and deer are prominent, (follow the clues or keep your eyes peeled)..anyway, bait it under a tree you can perch on and wait for said furry woodland creature to waltz buy and start eating...after that pounce on him and there you go, pelts and other goodies. As for good locations the homestead during winter and the frontier in general are good areas...the Concord hunting region and the Johnson hunting region being the easiest for me, but be sure to explore, such as hunting for the pegleg trinkets or homestead missions, as these will undoubtedly provide you with various critters to slice and dice...try not to use your pistol or bow as they will cause more damage, (the game reminds you...repeatedly...all the time...constantly...etc...) and then finally goods to buy are snares and bait...cartridges you can pick up off bodies and same with arrows. Good crafting items are tea and any inventions. but beware, convoys are notoriously difficult to defend, ( i got attacked by a wolf while defending one and the convoy was destroyed...**** Benedict Wolf...hopefully this helps if not yell at me...but at least i added jokes!

NavySealsGuy
11-01-2012, 05:30 AM
Hey guys how do you kill an animal that is attacking you? I've resorted to slamming every button after the basics didn't work to no avail. Wolves, Bobcats, Bears, and Moose have killed me in the slowmo cam repeatedly.

conor122
11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Hey guys how do you kill an animal that is attacking you?

Follow the button prompts, and after the sequenece is complete hit the attack button to slam a knife in their neck!

AureumDraco
11-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Hey guys how do you kill an animal that is attacking you? I've resorted to slamming every button after the basics didn't work to no avail. Wolves, Bobcats, Bears, and Moose have killed me in the slowmo cam repeatedly.

I have the same problem, just asked for help. Theoretically there is some button prompts, but they don't appear! and slamming buttons doesn't work.

NinjaOnFire
11-01-2012, 02:47 PM
There is a spot just south of the homestead fast travel point in the frontier where I always seem to find 3+ bears.

Kaiskune
11-01-2012, 02:53 PM
So far I've found that the majority of the animals clump together (maybe thats just my bad luck with the random generator). sometimes you'll run for ages with seeing a single creature other times you'll find a glade overrun by rabbits and/or 5 or 6 deer. so i guess the only thing I can add atm is... have patience

hunting on AC3 is not exactly difficult (ok... it's early doors for me so the hardest thing I've faced is a cougar) try not to over think the situation. sadly you don't have to worry about wind direction or line of sight. either the animals were born seriously needing spectacles or the detection distance needs a tweek.

oh... the bee vers (really need to fix your profanity filters Ubisoft .) on this game are the most docile creatures of them all. I've walked straight up a river meander and slotted 6 of the oversized rats without a single one fleeing. Ive not sold any pelts yet but if they are as expensive as UnvoicingReaper says they may be a good staple target to concentrate on for your early weapon funding

conor122
11-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Bears are the best to hunt! They never run away, they sell for the most and you automatically kill them once you finish the button prompt!

memtndude
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Good tips. Was wondering what animal he meant that was filtered. Apparently its bee ver.

Layytez
11-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I thought bear pelts sold for the most which was 240 ?

conor122
11-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Bear pelts are the most expensive I know of, although elk may be worth more once you sell the antlers and meat. :rolleyes:

cbone17
11-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Set your traps in a line across a map... that way you just follow the trap line and quickly collect your pelts etc..

pilot_tofly
11-01-2012, 09:13 PM
I found that not too far from the light house on the river nearby, you can kill lots of elk rather easily. Just hide in the bushes and wait for one to come close. Then pull out your tomahawk or blade and assassinate it. If it tries to attack, just follow the button prompts to kill it. There are usually 5-6 elk in this area and they're easy to kill. Rabbits are also in the area along with deer. I find that deer are the hardest to kill without using a bow or gun.

Thanks for the tips about where the bears are. I enjoy killing them and getting huge profit.

X_XenoHeart_X
11-02-2012, 04:28 PM
umm can someone tell me where to find th hunting cabin you know when you finish sequence 4 and then you killed some animals you get two mission 1 is the hunting challenged and the mission where you need to go to the hunting cabin but i cant find it plsss someone tellme

redka243
11-02-2012, 09:23 PM
There is a spot just south of the homestead fast travel point in the frontier where I always seem to find 3+ bears.

Where are the bears exactly? Its in the frontier map south of the fast travel point that leads to the homestead? Or is it on the homestead map near a fast travel point that leads to the frontier? Thanks.

conor122
11-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Where are the bears exactly?
There is also a spot North East of Monmouth, there is a river they all seem to go to. I killed about 12 bears in one trip!

D4rth_-_v4d0r
11-05-2012, 04:32 AM
the best animal to hunt is a cougar but they are very rare also bears and elk you also might wanna join the hunting club to get bonuses to hunting stay in trees and the animal wont see you most of the time but any other tip idk

foxboy_seraphim
11-07-2012, 11:36 PM
If you're trying to make good money, one thing is to remember the hares. Yeah, the pelts don't sell for much, but if you take the time to make the Jugged Hare recipe, you can sell it for at least 300 pounds in New York. I've tried to make at least one of everything I can to see where they sell best.

Anyways, with the hunting, where are all the blasted cougars?! The start of the game, I got attacked by at least 10 of them and now they've disappeared! I've run into more bobcats and wolves than any other predator lately. Though I'm wondering if the fact that (story line wise) it's the middle of winter has any effect on what comes out...

TeamCoby
11-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Animal pelts are worth a lot of money if you send them on a naval convoy.

TaleraRis
11-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Bear pelts sell the best, bee ver pelts sell the second best but they are crazy easy to hunt. You don't need snares or your bow or anything but your hidden blade. They are slow as molasses so even if they run just run after them and you can hidden blade attack them to death every time. And there are always a ton anywhere you find them.

Plus their call is very distinctive. You know instantly that they're in the area and a quick look to the right or left and you'll see one trying to slowly scurry away. Even though bear pelts sell for more, I hunt these because I can bring in a ton more quicker and with less effort. My huntress can give me bear pelts, so I do have some to throw onto a convoy and then offset the rest with bee ver pelts.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who made one of everything and noted pricing. I have a nice list of what sells the best and what I can leave for crafting just for delivery missions of everything I can currently make. There are some crafted items that can go for over 1000 to the right vendors.

TaleraRis
11-08-2012, 07:36 AM
If you're trying to make good money, one thing is to remember the hares. Yeah, the pelts don't sell for much, but if you take the time to make the Jugged Hare recipe, you can sell it for at least 300 pounds in New York. I've tried to make at least one of everything I can to see where they sell best.

Anyways, with the hunting, where are all the blasted cougars?! The start of the game, I got attacked by at least 10 of them and now they've disappeared! I've run into more bobcats and wolves than any other predator lately. Though I'm wondering if the fact that (story line wise) it's the middle of winter has any effect on what comes out...

I didn't find very many in winter, so it could be related. Diamond Basin is where I tend to find the most. They're up in the cliffs there.

Keeper_of_Zion
11-09-2012, 07:16 AM
West end of diamond basin in mountain area, also in Indian zone kiezmiketa...spfs.north of indian grounds top of mountain by peg leg trinket. Fast travel Indian village head to top of mountian. Bring bait you can get a few.

Keeper_of_Zion
11-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Timing is key also for elk you can hit ^ triangle and right analog to wrestle then jump and assainate.

Keeper_of_Zion
11-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Bear pelts on ships sell for 1224

Keeper_of_Zion
11-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Troys woods there is a y shaped river bed and cliffs tons of bear whilst hunting the man eater there is the most bear ever anyone remember were that was? Far west side I think...

Keeper_of_Zion
11-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Number 3 trapper in the world so if you need tips on hunting let me know

RIVEN13
11-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Have any of you taken down a bobcat in Black Creek? Its the last animal I need to finish my Hunting Map and I have searched for hours!!!

T22-Gaming
01-03-2013, 03:22 AM
For me, the best way to earn money in AC3 is by hunting, as i seriously have no clue on how the homestead can be used to generate income. :o

Does anyone have any tips on:
The best animals to hunt
Good locations to hunt
Any effective methods
Convinient places to buy/sell supplies
Any worthile things to craft
And anything else hunting related
Thanks Guys, and try to steer clear of those pesky wolves! ;)

I have created my own Guide.

Hunt, Craft and Money Guide.

It's here~ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArZRP6YaCsW3dDFjVzRrRGJKTkl0QVVVcHdkM0M4b 2c&output=html

AjinkyaParuleka
01-03-2013, 06:36 PM
They should make beavers able to swim in water.

Trumpsexual
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
There is a place just inside of the frontier, it's basically an island however it's only separate by very small waterfall's/creeks. It's covered in bears, just run around there and attack them. I've gotten lucky a lot and have been able to assassinate them often. If one starts to run away, that's your best opportunity because you can assassinate them. At least with my experience. Which prevents you from having to fight them one on one and risk being killed, I'm awful at that so yeah... Anyway's, the place is covered always. This may have already been mentioned before, but I'm not sure. Also, there's a tutorial on YouTube about it, it's titled "Fast way to make money" or something like that.

Space_Odyssey
01-06-2013, 09:00 PM
They should make beavers able to swim in water.

Uhm, actually they do. Haven't you run in a river/creek and see some of them? Because I have. But it's impossible to kill them and harvest them if the river is deep.

lawman07
02-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Okay, so the stupid button mashing thing is really getting old. I have been killed by at least a dozen or so times by wolves. If I don't see them first they get the drop on me and they go in packs. Okay we know this, if you shoot one with a bow and arrow they are dead in real life. The arrow breaks bone, penetrates soft tissue, and renders ligaments cut. It;s not the best weapon to hunt with in real life but it's truly garbage in this game. Now in the 20 or so times I fought the wolves only once did I ever kill one, hand to hand and 2 I guess, with the bow and arrow. I try to follow the button mashing but even when I do it right I still get pasted. I think it goes too fast and I don't think it is a true test of anything. This is way worse than God of War. Can't imagine anyone in the beta "LIKED" this. I would think that a rework would need to be implemented in an update sometime soon. When the devs come up with this kind of a combat system it usually means that devs didn't do their homework or they were lazy. In the movies when those two scenarios occur what we get from the writers is zombies and vampires. Anyway if I knew where to report bugs, I would report that as a major bug. Thanks
Troy Lawson

P.S.:I noticed that when I was able to get the wolf off, he ran away without a scratch, circled around and his buddy finished me off. I went down to 10% health where the dumb wolf got 90% of my health period no questions asked. So why not just kill me out right? I hope the devs read this and maybe explain what I'm missing. You can PM me. Thanks.
Troy

Ureh
02-10-2014, 10:13 PM
I didn't read the whole thread... But I think randomly mashing the buttons, during the QTEs, results in an instant fail? :eek:

Here're some tips that might help:

0. Make sure your thumb (or whichever finger you prefer) is in the center of the Triangle, Square, Circle, X buttons. Be prepared to press the correct one.
1. Stand still, let them charge you. Pay attention to the screen prompt and nothing else.
2. As the wolf pounces at you, the screen will enter slo-mo for about 1.5 seconds. During this time frame you must complete the third step.
3. The button that you need to press will appear on the side of the screen corresponding to its position on the controller (example: Square button will appear on the left side of the screen, Triangle will appear at the top of the screen; just like God of War). Use your peripheral vision if you don't wish to take your eyes off the wolf. Press the indicated button once.

With enough practice, you'll be able to kill a gazillion of them without breaking a sweat. Besides, if you're able to pass all the GoW QTEs with ease, then AC3 should be a piece of cake.

jeffies04
02-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Yes... mashing at the buttons will fail you every time. If it tells you to press X and you press O then you fail defending yourself and lose health, sometimes a lot. Like s/he said before: stay calm, pay attention, and press the buttons in order. You'll get the hang of it.