PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Ledger Bug

kingofgamesgx
11-01-2012, 02:40 AM
was in Seq 5 (IIRC) and i go to the part were you first have to use the Ledger i can buy the wood but it will not let me back out of it i can hit O and it just locks up for me its a game breaking bug if it matters im on PS3 so if anyone knows how to get around this bug let me know i tried turning off the system and going back but because its the first time i used it when going back to the game it kicks me right back into it and thus im stuck again

also this isn't the first case i have seen of the bug there are two others having something similar as seen here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/621796-assassins-creed-iii/64478122

hopefully this can be looked into and fixed as until it does i can't continue :/

GrrPi
11-01-2012, 02:58 AM
I'm having the exact same problem on my PS3. I know another guy who's having the issue on 360 as well. Please fix this ASAP, I'd really like to be playing right now.

kingofgamesgx
11-01-2012, 03:11 AM
submitted it to support now too between this and that hopefully this can be fixed soon

tillbcrazy
11-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Yup I'm having the same issue on my PS3. Just have to sit and wait until they fix it, which really sucks.

kingofgamesgx
11-01-2012, 03:30 AM
Yup I'm having the same issue on my PS3. Just have to sit and wait until they fix it, which really sucks.

i hear ya there i have been having a blast plying so far and not being able to play really sucks

also just for the sake of having info what PS3's are you guys using i have a 60GB Launch PS3 w/ Disc AC3

kingofgamesgx
11-01-2012, 04:23 AM
got past it not sure if its a glitch or not but you have to go to the third option on the menu and select the wood and send it and it kicks you out of it

GambleScramble
11-01-2012, 07:47 AM
I was having the same problem, and i just managed to get past it. Im not sure if there is supposed to be a tutorial for the crafting menu, but it looks like there was supposed to be and that is what it is getting stuck on when i go into the ledger. After creating the only thing it would let me, the rest of the menu started working fine.

jlf2459
11-02-2012, 05:21 AM
I think it is a tutorial that you have to finish. just came to that point too. went and finally sent a convoy out and game continued.

kingofgamesgx
11-02-2012, 05:40 AM
I think it is a tutorial that you have to finish. just came to that point too. went and finally sent a convoy out and game continued.

yea but its not to clear on what you have to do IIRC all it tells you is to buy the wood not to send a convoy anyway i got a message from Support they said they are making a Faq for it like they did for the powder keg thing

Hipicleas1
11-20-2012, 08:02 PM
I got it to work by having num lock off and hitting the enter key there.

kopparsulfat
11-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Having the exact same problem myself, ON PC. The worst thing is that it autosaves once ur "inside" the ledger. So, I am able to buy some ****ty wood but after that i cant do ****! Well, thats not entirely true I can scroll through the different tabs of the ledger, but i cant leave 'nor order convojs. It's really annoying. And as i clearified it is NOT a freeze situation, the background is moving and im able to scroll through tabs. I have tried every solution on this thread, yet I remain stuck in that god **** book! Is there anyone who have solved this yet?

AND it seems that Ubisoft doesn't give a sh*t about their customers, Ignoring the forums, ignoring facebook/twitter and the support tickets. Great service? Upp my.

kopparsulfat
11-23-2012, 10:50 PM
I HAVE FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM! Its simple. If you only use you keyboard to navigate through the Ledger, there will be no problems however if you use your mouse that will lock all keyboard features. So, navigate only with your keyboard and all will be fine.

Dr_Ripper
11-24-2012, 03:02 AM
I HAVE FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM! Its simple. If you only use you keyboard to navigate through the Ledger, there will be no problems however if you use your mouse that will lock all keyboard features. So, navigate only with your keyboard and all will be fine.

Doesn't work for me.

I use an xbox 360 controller, i tried by removing that and using only the keyboard and mouse and then ONLY touching the keyboard when i entered the homestead ledger and it didn't make a difference. Bug still there.

So i thought perhaps my mouse was "twitching" with its really high dpi on some micro level unacceptable to the human eye. So i tried again but physically removed the mouse this time before entering the ledger. Bug still there.

Even if what you say is true, this is a god awful stupid fix to a problem that should absolutely have not gotten past the final testing phase before release.

kopparsulfat
11-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Well, it is obvious that the testing phases for the PC platform were a failure. This is an unacceptable bug, but there are a lot of other bugs, as it has been in every AC on PC so far.
However I looked into this issue a bit and noticed that this is common in many games, and that there are different solutions to the SAME problem. The issue that we occur in this situation is a simple Mouse Action Meltdown. And that can happen using any software, and as I said earlier there are alot of different solutions. To start with, the Mouse Action Meltdown can only be caused by using the mouse, so using ONLY your keyboard should not trigger such a bug.
Once the mouse has been disabled completely by the software there is not much to do about it, but restart the software completely. Once restarted, you should COMPLETELY avoid using your mouse. I suppose you have tried this already? Also the Num-lock button on the keyboard, that has been suggested as a solution here is not entirely ******ed. Since the Num-lock button activates another part of your keyboard, it is most likely to work as a "reset" button for these kinds of issues. This may also depend on what keyboards you use and what drivers you got installed (so it might not work for everyone).

charmedg1rl
11-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Well, it is obvious that the testing phases for the PC platform were a failure. This is an unacceptable bug, but there are a lot of other bugs, as it has been in every AC on PC so far.
However I looked into this issue a bit and noticed that this is common in many games, and that there are different solutions to the SAME problem. The issue that we occur in this situation is a simple Mouse Action Meltdown. And that can happen using any software, and as I said earlier there are alot of different solutions. To start with, the Mouse Action Meltdown can only be caused by using the mouse, so using ONLY your keyboard should not trigger such a bug.
Once the mouse has been disabled completely by the software there is not much to do about it, but restart the software completely. Once restarted, you should COMPLETELY avoid using your mouse. I suppose you have tried this already? Also the Num-lock button on the keyboard, that has been suggested as a solution here is not entirely ******ed. Since the Num-lock button activates another part of your keyboard, it is most likely to work as a "reset" button for these kinds of issues. This may also depend on what keyboards you use and what drivers you got installed (so it might not work for everyone).

I have tried every single tricks outthere for the ledger and NONE of them work. Only one I cannot try is the xbox controller as I have no xbox at home and I'm not gonna go buy one solely to play this game on my computer. they should have gotten the bugs like this out of the game before launching it. Also, there are numerous other bugs for pc version especially with keyboard. Some of them being that when we're in combat, the ONLY thing we can do is to fight with the first mouse button. none of the combos to counter attack work out of the initial tutorial of the first missions. It's extremely frustrating fighting an ennemy soldier that requires counter attacking or breaking defense to pass through them when you can't do any of these attacks. Until all these are solved, I'm seriously considering shelving that game as in it's current state, it's a waste of money spent.

sectenor
12-12-2012, 02:20 PM
THIS. I'm on a PC and turning off numlock was the key for whatever reason. As someone else pointed out before, it appears that this happens when you improperly finish or fail to finish the crafting tutorial.

I got it to work by having num lock off and hitting the enter key there.

absorbed300
12-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Guys just don't use your mouse and all will be okay. Also do nothing else but follow the tutorial,press only the buttons they say you must press and do only what they say you must do (Don't browse the ledger). It worked for me.

UserMik2303
01-09-2013, 02:50 AM
This gives no excuse. After all those months since release I am still having this bug. I would much more like a later release than having to deal with these bugs (and the ridiculous menu controls that miss out on most obvious controls). Here goes to consoles ruling gaming and screwing everyone else.

muja19
01-18-2013, 12:24 AM
can not get past the buying lumber part of the game on PC version, after i buy the lumber it says goto trading menu, when i goto trading menu i cant get anything to happen, i tried clicking everything

crtt1000
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I unplugged my keyboard and the mouse after loading up AC3.
I then replugged the keyboard, entered the ledger and replugged the mouse.
It works fine now.

whitetiger696
10-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Amazingly I found this thread and it helped me get through this ledger bug...
What worked for me was just using the keyboard...
thanks for posting that info