PDA

View Full Version : Naval Warfare Game

mcraig397
11-01-2012, 02:04 AM
I just did the first Ship part, and it was Amazing Ubisoft should really think about making a Naval game because that was just awesome

What do you guys think? :)

Sharkey1337
11-01-2012, 02:13 AM
I would love to see a Pirate-focused game using that gameplay combined with AC-exploration, or maybe a Pirate/Caribbean focused AC title, lol. I honestly wish the game focused more on the naval aspect as its been the best part of the game for me.

mcraig397
11-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Yea there was a game kind of like it, It was called Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the D.a.m.ned it was an open world, i say WAS because the noobs canceled it.

Heres the Wiki Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean:_Armada_of_the_****ed

Sharkey1337
11-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Yeah, I remember when that happened. Real shame as the game did look quite promising.

Sanguis Dominus
11-02-2012, 04:49 AM
I would love to see a Pirate-focused game using that gameplay combined with AC-exploration, or maybe a Pirate/Caribbean focused AC title, lol. I honestly wish the game focused more on the naval aspect as its been the best part of the game for me.

I'm really looking forward to that part (Once I get shooting on horseback sussed - seriously, sequence 3:3 is really irritating. The controls are beyond stupid).

That game would kick ***.

Would be good if you could choose your path, like... choose a faction - East India Trading Company, Privateer/Pirate, British Navy or French Navy. As a member of the EITC your missions would be to capture and defend islands, each island would produce resources that you cold trade for better fortifications, better ships, etc. As a pirate, your missions would be to intercept the EITC ships and loot their resources, as a British Navy member you'd have to protect the EITC ships (Who would trade resources for protection), and patrol to sink pirate vessels and French Naval vessels. As a member of the French Navy, your missions would be the same as the EITC (Capturing and holding islands from the EITC) and the British Navy (Except sinking British ships instead of French ones.).

On mainland America, it'd be a constant battle for colonies. They could work in British taxation (Maybe recieving less from colonies held by the British Navy?), revolutionaries and the assistance they gained from the French.

tjbyrum1
11-02-2012, 04:51 AM
I'd like a game where you captain a simple ship and do what you want.

Be a pirate, join the navy, freelance, etc. Complete bounties, conduct trade, or ferry passengers. Use currency to buy another ship, repair your own, upgrade it, buy more crewmembers, etc. Go hunting for treasure... lots-o-things.

redka243
11-02-2012, 09:46 PM
the ship sequences were very pretty. I have to agree. Haven't finished all of them yet though - the first one seems very difficulty. I'm hoping it will be easier when i upgrade the ship....

ProBomb2012
11-04-2012, 12:30 AM
I loved it but what really sucks is that you cant free roam with the ships, and if ur still not done with naval battles then dont read this cuse once u finish all navals battles YOU FREAKING CANT DO ANYMORE, the ship is just gonna sit their and all u can do is fast travel to any of the major locations.

ShrunkLawyer0
11-04-2012, 04:35 PM
thats stupid you should be able to free roam with the aquilla another thing ubisoft needs to fix

liamr11
11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
thats stupid you should be able to free roam with the aquilla another thing ubisoft needs to fix

I know right, if i remember correctly, they kinda said that the naval stuff was an 'Open world experience'

They better not be holding that back just for DLC sales.....

Rice276
11-05-2012, 01:30 AM
I LOVED the naval warfare and they should use it for multiplayer! Have different levels and different types of ships with different speeds, damages, ammunition, hull, like... there is so much to expand on.

I was very angry once I finished all my naval missions and realized there is nothing more to do with your ship and I wasn't even fully upgraded and couldn't experience the new upgrades..

LeoOfCostaRica
11-05-2012, 01:41 AM

...And how would they fix something like that, exactly? Because what you're asking for is a completely different kind of game, not a patch.

You can't patch a new game on top of a pre-existing one.

Nnamerif
11-05-2012, 02:00 AM
...And how would they fix something like that, exactly? Because what you're asking for is a completely different kind of game, not a patch.

You can't patch a new game on top of a pre-existing one.

oh yes they can bro look at skyrim they added a whole new area,weapons, and combat in a DLC!

ProBomb2012
11-05-2012, 03:09 AM
oh yes they can bro look at skyrim they added a whole new area,weapons, and combat in a DLC!
He's right and besides the open world is already their, we played in the location like easy coast, they just gotta add the free roaming. Cuse why would they waste their time on making the locations anyway?

LeoOfCostaRica
11-05-2012, 03:13 AM

That's my point. DLC is a COMPLETELY different thing than a patch.

LeoOfCostaRica
11-05-2012, 03:15 AM
He's right and besides the open world is already their, we played in the location like easy coast, they just gotta add the free roaming. Cuse why would they waste their time on making the locations anyway?

I think you're underestimating how hard, time consuming and complex that would be. You people are asking for a completely different game as DLC.

ProBomb2012
11-05-2012, 03:23 AM
I think you're underestimating how hard, time consuming and complex that would be. You people are asking for a completely different game as DLC.
If they added a ship that lets you go to a couple of huge areas and not add free roam in them, then thats what they deserve, cuse why bother adding in naval warfare, upgrading your ship and large areas?

ProBomb2012
11-05-2012, 03:32 AM
Hell even the game sly 3 had a more exploration in a pirate ship then assassins creed 3's naval warfare, and that game is old and rated E10

LeoOfCostaRica
11-05-2012, 03:32 AM
If they added a ship that lets you go to a couple of huge areas and not add free roam in them, then thats what they deserve, cuse why bother adding in naval warfare, upgrading your ship and large areas?

Because those "huge areas" aren't there.

What you're allowed to do is all there is. Ubisoft didn't say "Let's make a huge, open ocean and LOCK it from the main game. That'll teach our loyal fans!". What you see is what you get.

Also, "that's what they deserve"? How entitled are you?

ProBomb2012
11-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Then why if you finish all the naval battles, the boat just sits their, once your done with naval battles its just gonna be their for fast travel to major locations like the frontier, or new york.

LeoOfCostaRica
11-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Then why if you finish all the naval battles, the boat just sits their, once your done with naval battles its just gonna be their for fast travel to major locations like the frontier, or new york.

Because that's how it's supposed to be.

Games end. It's what happens when you beat them. When I beat the first Crash Bandicoot, I didn't demand an open world from the developers just because the game was over.

You're asking for an open world like it's easy, when in reality they would have to integrate an entire new game world and mechanics. That would be like asking for a patch that adds the whole city of San Andreas to GTA lV.

Blind2Society
11-05-2012, 08:10 AM
A pirate, sandbox, Bethesda style RPG. Custom character (gender, race, clothing, etc.), multiple different ports, free roam sailing and all that.

http://hbowatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/take-my-money.jpg