PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] What's everyones thoughts on Connor

ACPrincess
11-01-2012, 01:40 AM
You know his character and stuff like that. Personally i think he's a little prince and he's so seriouse and timid and sweet, yet hes so ruthless.

MRNMRSPACER
11-01-2012, 01:48 AM
yeah i think he is a bad***....but i didnt really connect to him like ezio...but i was very interested into his story....does that make any sense?

Legendz54
11-01-2012, 01:52 AM
In my opinion he is the best AC character I have ever played, I really connected to Connor well, He's better than both Altair and Ezio for me. His story and the plot is also better then the previous games. You can reall tell the effort they put in.

NickatNite89
11-01-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm not connecting to him either, Hopefully as the story progress I will.

silvermercy
11-01-2012, 02:01 AM
I connected way more with Connor. Greater character development and story. Also more "relatable" than all previous assassins. Heck, I even connected more with Haytham than Ezio and Altair together for some reason! lol XD

AllThatJuice
11-01-2012, 02:09 AM
I like how hes nothing like Ezio. Not saying Ezio is a bad character, I frickin love the guy :P.

But with Ezio you never question him, hes always doing the right thing...Where as with Connor you sometimes question whether hes making the right choices...Which makes him a more complex and deep character (which is a very good thing). tbh he kinda reminds me of Anakin Skywalker from StarWars in a weird way :P...

Radman500
11-01-2012, 02:59 AM
beat the game...

connor was cool... but i liked ezio better cause at least he has a personality.... albit cliche and stereotypical... but at least he has one

connor has that "fight for good, fight against evil, justice will prevail" stuff.... kinda boring, the stuff you want for an ideal assassin, not a video game character.

Assassin_M
11-01-2012, 03:10 AM
I`m on sequence 5 now. The start of the connection was when I saw his Mother die. it was pretty hard to watch, because I can relate to this better than the father dying, which was the case with Ezio.

The traits i like most about the guy is that he`s soft spoken and humble. He`s the no-nonsense type of guy. A nice change from Ezio so far

tjbyrum1
11-01-2012, 03:11 AM
He's certainly no Ezio. As with the other characters in AC3, he shows little to no character. In AC2 for example, Claudia, Ezio, Mario, Giovanni, Da Vinci, etc all showed different emotion, attitude, and personality.

Everyone in AC3 just talks so calmly and 'monotone'. It just feels... uncharacteristic. I've come across several characters, but I'm not sure I can tell them apart. I don't know who's who, and most of that is because they all seem to act and talk the exact same, EXCEPT for Israel Putnam who had a lot of character as compared to the others. And yes, I pay attention, I'm just saying I don't have that certain feel of 'distinction' between them like I did in AC2, who I immediately got to know and recognize on first sight. I'm not sure who I've even met in the to be honest! A few yeah, but not as many as I should know, and I feel it's holding me back from the storyline.

On the otherhand, Connor also seems disrespectful, but perhaps because he does not know how white men act, and he seems to not really care much for the Assassin Order.

Toa TAK
11-01-2012, 04:14 AM
To be honest, I found him and his story better then the entire Ezio trilogy. I like who he is and what he tries to be, and the whole cast points out that he has ideals that cannot truly exist in a gray world. Connor was an awesome character and I liked him much more than Ezio by far. His story in AC2 bored me, and I didn't finish the game until a year after I started it. Connor's was thrilling and it was good to see him come through in the end.

That and everything seemed much more personal to him, I felt more was at stake for him. It wasn't about the Assassin's Order, it was about protecting those he loved, his people, and that to me was a lot better than fighting because he's told he should. He really did try to stand for justice for all people, even when he did figure out that colored people weren't gong to be free, or when he was abandoned by both Patriots and British alike

Anyways, this is enough, I still need time to play through more, but this is my favorite AC game, a title that used to belong to the first game, and part of that is because of Connor.

PKnark
11-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Connor is Turning out be a great character (only on seq 7), Liking him more then I thought I was. I don't think ill warm to him like I did Ezio though, Cant explain why...

Legendz54
11-01-2012, 11:16 AM
There are so many moments in the game that made me so emotional, and trust me you will wish some things turned out differently, you actually really want to kill the targets. They have done so well with Connors story that I enjoyed it more then the Ezio trilogy, I really hope he has some kind of sequel, just finished sequence 10. This is a true Assassins creed game.

ACPrincess
11-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I like how hes nothing like Ezio. Not saying Ezio is a bad character, I frickin love the guy :P.

But with Ezio you never question him, hes always doing the right thing...Where as with Connor you sometimes question whether hes making the right choices...Which makes him a more complex and deep character (which is a very good thing). tbh he kinda reminds me of Anakin Skywalker from StarWars in a weird way :P...

yh he is like anakin skywalker alot the whole storyline in general reminds me of star wars.

JACKofA11TradeZ
11-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I think he's an amazing hunter, even more skilled fighter, as well as a great character who has an even better sense of right and wrong. Even as a kid playing as him and having him met who he did (trying to avoid spoilers) and said what he did to that person (more avoiding spoilers) that moment basically marked his fate. All and all he's an amazing character and I've grown to love him more than Ezio.

boisie
11-01-2012, 01:03 PM
What did it for me was the one line "so I can find you" I was hooked. This guy has great potential. Don't know if one game is good enough with him (I am only on sequence 5 so no spoilers here)

JACKofA11TradeZ
11-01-2012, 01:06 PM
What did it for me was the one line "so I can find you" I was hooked. This guy has great potential. Don't know if one game is good enough with him (I am only on sequence 5 so no spoilers here)
That line made me respect him so much even when they had guns and outnumbered him he still had the bawls to say that.

boisie
11-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Ezio was too much of a smoothtalker for me as well his guy is more direct no BS

RatonhnhakeFan
11-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Ezio was a cliche archetype. They're made to be instantly loved by the audience. Ratonhnhaké:ton seems like an actual character (minus the "I will find you line" lololol, kids don't say stuff like that)

ajl992008
11-01-2012, 01:21 PM
i am connecting to him very much after sequence 6, one tip, there are icons on the map that are "interactive conversations" go to those because they add extra depth to connor's way of thinking, try to engage in many optional conversations because they are surprisingly deep.

samuelcd1997
11-01-2012, 02:34 PM
connor's was thrilling and it was good to see him come through in the end.

dude. Thanks for the spoiler.

NinjaOnFire
11-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Connors way of talking bores me, as do all native Americans in games, except when he gets angry.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't really like Connor's personality. He's grown up, but he's kinda child-like as well, as someone said, kinda like Anakin in the Star Wars Prequels. Don't get me wrong, he's a bad***, but there's something about him that doesn't seem fully matured, as if he still has some growing up to do. Especially when Haytham comes back in the picture. IDK, I kinda like Haytham's personality more than Connor's.

BlackRose1809
11-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I feel that he's a little like Altair with the whole Stotic thing going on time from time, but he has some personality and actually shows it in the game... He shows he's human and not just a character in a video game, I felt really connected with him and love him for that! :3

But I do feel a bit of child-like personality in him.. in some places when he's talking about what he thinks it's right and it just sounds childish...

He did some some Ezio when he saw that girl pass by though... xD

FirestarLuva
11-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Connor is easily the best character in the franchise and an exceptional edition to the video game world. His story, though not that long, was better than the entire Ezio trilogy. It was tragic, dark, full of pain and betrayal, an emotional story of a man who strives to find his place in a world who will forever view himas an outsider. There were many moments heavy for the heart in the game that brought tears to my eyes, but I think people who have suffered similar tragedies like Connor will be able to relate more. We all knew he'd differentiate from other video game characters the moment we found out he's native american. It was a great move by Ubisoft. I liked how there was more emphasis put on Connor's heritage than previous assassins. It really did play a big part of the story and made him more endearing. Let's admit it, previous assassin's, for example, Ezio, was of italian heritage and never had struggles of fitting in the society he lived in, he had a fairly good life. His story was interesting, bright, but not the best. I agree with some of the previous posters saying Ezio was an archetype made to instantly be loved ny the audience, maybe that's why his often positively viewed in gaming media. But, I've always found his character, kinda, easy, you know, flat. Most of his fanbase is fangirls and boys, BUT, there's also that smart part of fans who really give out good, mature reasons why they love him, and I respect them. Connor is a much more complex, introvert character, more real, and you really have to dig into him to find out what he truly is like, he doesn't have that open personality like Ezio. There are times you love him, times when you hate him, even I had those moments of dislike, but in the end I was happy that Connor had learnt his lesson. There are no happy endings. I grew to love and respect Ubi even more now. Corey promised a sad and emotional story and he delivered it. Alex promised a character with more depth and he stayed true to that.
The only thing I fear is Connor having the same destiny as Altair. Loved by many fans but not getting the attention he deserves in media. I think people will be able to connect with him more if they make another game with him. I've already seen people saying they want another game with him. I hope it happens, there's so much of Connor that people can see, and we didn't get enough in AC3.

ACPrincess
11-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Yeah that was cool, i LOLed so much at the fact a little boy said that

i am connecting to him very much after sequence 6, one tip, there are icons on the map that are "interactive conversations" go to those because they add extra depth to connor's way of thinking, try to engage in many optional conversations because they are surprisingly deep.
Thanks for the tip i havent done much optional conversation :)

Ancient Attero
11-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I was sceptically about him at first. How he would sound and what he would be like. I love that he simply is not against the Templars because he is a assassin, but rather because of their injustice and the way they use control as power, and the believe that all men should be free. He's not the ladies man like Ezio was growing up, and is a lot more mature in his actions. That said its compelling watching him argue with Achilies, the ignorance and lack of credit he gives him. You really get reminded how young he is, but mature in his believes and moral duties. Which is a great contrast. Also his connection with the more spiritual side of the world I like.

That said his abilities are amazing. Running around and never pausing between building transitions, grabs, and climbing is amazing. The way momentum and fluidity are used in this game are phenomenal. And the way he will use this in combat is incredible, definitely the best Assassin to date.

Ezio_ilMentore
11-01-2012, 06:06 PM
What I don't like was that Connor is a badass killing machine most of the time, but sometimes easily beaten. Right when he caught Thomas Hickey, when the guards caught up to them, a knock to the head and Connor's in prison??