PDA

View Full Version : Cool Idea for ending (SPOILERS) (LONG READ)

WSIKxCOCHRAN
11-01-2012, 01:11 AM
I was able to finish the game, and I have to say that it is now my favorite game of all time. I thought everything about it was great, but as I watched Desmond release Juno and save the world, I couldn't help of think, "I wonder what would've happened if he had sided with Minerva?". To be honest, I think the ending is alright how it is, but just for fun, here is the way I would end it if there was an alternate ending.

You get to the final room, and just like the real ending, Minerva and Juno are trying to persuade Desmond. Then, just like the real ending, Desmond tells Shaun, Rebecca, and his father to leave because off the events that are beginning to happen. As they start to leave, Desmond realizes he must make a decision. However, this time, Desmond sees that releasing Juno holds far more consequences than the world ending and starting anew. He decides to leave and try to catch up with his friends and father. As he begins to leave, he sees two things: His friends and father running towards the main Temple room and the bridge in front of him leading to the main Temple room starting to crack/break due to the cataclysmic events that are occurring. Volcanoes around the world are starting to rise to the surface, the Earth's crust is breaking apart, and humanity is dying like it did before. As Desmond watches his friends make it to "safety" across the bridge, he realizes he must start moving.

He starts to make his way across the bridge when the bridge starts to literally fall apart beneath his feet. This is where he realizes that his entire past, including the struggles with Abstergo, the Animus sessions, the Assassin training and education, and the stress of being the Cypher tasked with the burden of saving the world, has been preparing him for this moment. He begins to desperately free run, jump, and climb his way to "safety" on the other side, all while hearing the faint cries being screamed from his friends and father. As he is free running, he begins to lose hope in his chances of surviving this extreme test of his abilities, but he still forges on. Then, as he is free running, he begins to hallucinate (due to the bleeding effect and his connection to his ancestors I would guess). He slightly looks to his left and sees a vision of Altair running next to him, as if he is almost pushing Desmond to keep going. He looks slightly to his right and sees the visions of Ezio and Conner running beside him as well. Then, he sees Clay Kaczmarek, the forgotten Subject 16, running beside him (because Desmond and Clay are related, or maybe it's just Desmond hallucinating Clay for no reason but his involvement with everything) (These visions represent all of his ancestors and relatives working towards one goal, whether they knew it or not). As these visions appear to Desmond, he can here their voices talking to him (possibly influential quotes they had said from each game) with the final voice being Clay's. He says something along the lines of, "What is a man but the sum of his memories?" or "GO!" (These are some of his final lines in ACR). Desmond is almost to the end of things to free run on when he makes a final, desperate jump towards his father's outstretched arm. Right as Desmond reaches for his father's hand, you hear his father yell, "DESMOND!," and the screen cuts to black, leaving the impending question: Did Desmond grab his father's hand and live or did he fall short and die?

Then, you see the top of a mountain or a hill covered in rocks and debris. You then see some of the rocks moving and it is revealed that Shaun, Rebecca, Desmond, and Desmond's father survived and as they stare out upon the newly destroyed world, they realize the magnitude of their actions while pondering their next move in a attempt to restart humanity. (Coincidentally, this last scene was part of the vision given to Desmond by Minerva in the real ending).

Well, that's my version of a possible alternate ending. This was just something I thought of when coming home from college and I thought I would share it with with the AC Community. Tell me what you think, offer any criticism, and ask any questions you like, as well as feel free to post your own ideas :)

Black_Widow9
11-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D
Please make sure you post your feedback in the appropriate threads. You can get the links from this one. ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS

WSIKxCOCHRAN
11-01-2012, 01:19 AM
Are you sure I should post it there. I understand what you mean, but isn't it forbidden to post spoilers in the Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Feedback section. Please understand I am just confused, and I have no problem making the necessary changes :)

Black_Widow9
11-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Are you sure I should post it there. I understand what you mean, but isn't it forbidden to post spoilers in the Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Feedback section. Please understand I am just confused, and I have no problem making the necessary changes :)
True. Sorry. I'm going to move it on over. ;)