PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else hate predator (i.e., wolves, bears) combat?

elaine8405
10-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Of all the friggin' jokes! Connor has a tomahawk but can't kill a wolf with it?! Come on!! And the stupid game CHANGES the button to push in mid-attack! First it's circle as the wolf approaches, then as it gets to me, it changes to triangle or X--and I'm dead. Then it respawns my character far from where I was when I desynchronized so I have to do the trek all over again & get attacked AGAIN & get killed AGAIN. The bow works sometimes but takes time to ready, then if there's more than one wolf, I'm toast.

I'm sure a bunch of you are experts at this. I look forward to any HELPFUL tips.

Sharkey1337
10-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I was disappointed that it's just a Quick Time Event.

FadedEcho
11-01-2012, 12:50 AM
I haven't found the QTEs to be too hard yet, although the health damage from a single fail versus a wolf is huge. However you can kill wolves and bears with your tomahawk. If you get close enough to them, just one attack with Connor will give you a hunting-kill animation.

Yes, that isn't helpful for when they see you, but if you take your approach a bit more slowly / get lucky when they're running around you can take them out this way.

Layytez
11-01-2012, 12:53 AM
I just air assassinate the bears :) and boy do their pelts sell for a lot.

redka243
11-01-2012, 02:08 PM
is there a good weapon to be using when facing the wolves/bears? are you more efficient with hidden blades tomohawk, etc? I tried shooting them but everytime i do that I get downed. I'm going for this last trinket in the davenport homestead that seems to have wolves always by it and I keep getting killed by them.

conor122
11-01-2012, 07:44 PM
And the stupid game CHANGES the button to push in mid-attack!

It's supposed to. You press each button as it comes up, not slam the first one that comes up repeatedly. Its allways circle to dodge any animals attack, then you may need to hit square, X or triangle to make the kill.

SRKNCRKC
11-01-2012, 08:24 PM

HondaS007
11-02-2012, 12:32 AM
The views during animal combat is infuriating, you stare at Connors head while a wolf attacks...FANTASTIC. The lack of an autolock system is kind of annoying, I can appreciate the challenge but the 3rd person views are not set up for this. The stupid changing the attack button thing during animal attacks is extremely annoying as well, wtf?

ShrunkLawyer0
11-03-2012, 09:00 PM
oh yea hate predator mini game would love to just kill the dang things with a sword as it is

BBALive
11-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Of all the friggin' jokes! Connor has a tomahawk but can't kill a wolf with it?! Come on!! And the stupid game CHANGES the button to push in mid-attack! First it's circle as the wolf approaches, then as it gets to me, it changes to triangle or X--and I'm dead. Then it respawns my character far from where I was when I desynchronized so I have to do the trek all over again & get attacked AGAIN & get killed AGAIN. The bow works sometimes but takes time to ready, then if there's more than one wolf, I'm toast.

I'm sure a bunch of you are experts at this. I look forward to any HELPFUL tips.

First of all, the input only changes once you've actually pressed the initial button. It always begins by pressing circle/B, since that's the counter button. The follow-up buttons are random. Also, the reason he uses the hidden blade is because he wants to keep the pelt in good condition. Thirdly, you can sneak up on animals and assassinate them without having to initiate the QTE. Air assassinations also work.

kolbaskat
11-03-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm dissapointed because it's so easy. I'm doing those QTE in around 1-2sec.

zerocooll21
11-04-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm having the worst time with it. Can't seem to stop, don't know if its a glitch or wtf..

Apirka
11-04-2012, 04:02 PM
QTEs need to die in a fire. No, seriously, I hate them so, so much. It's really rare that I like any if them, and they just keep. Cropping. Up. In games. Bloody things.

Ethan630
11-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Remember Monteriggioni?

What I remember best was the "Training Ring" where I learned to fight. Quite disappointed to see that the developers decided not to include a training ring in AC3. Based on the comments I am reading here, I think it would help out a lot of players, me included.