PDA

View Full Version : I guess I don't know what "pre" order means.

cagdasbas
10-31-2012, 09:02 PM
So I am a fan from Turkey. Recently a game importer, Aral Game, from Turkey made a deal with Ubisoft and we were just happy. We were happy because we can buy collector editions with no shipment problem and we were made sure that our pre-ordered games will arrive in time. I waited the shipment whole day but something was not right.

Suprise suprise! Importer said the shipment of all collector's editions (freedom and join or die) were late because of the hars weather conditions. I know that you are in bad shape because of the hurricane and I am really sorry about that but if we cannot get the game in time, why we pre-ordered it? Importer said that we have to wait until saturday or maybe even to monday.

I am kindly asking to Ubisoft, is it true that you couldn't send the editions in time, didn't you know about the hurricane or maybe you don't have time to watch tv? Also I am wondering, are shipping these editions on last day like a college student who works in last night? How can you expect us to trust you when pre-ordering anything?

Mad_Fox84
10-31-2012, 09:16 PM
So I am a fan from Turkey. Recently a game importer, Aral Game, from Turkey made a deal with Ubisoft and we were just happy. We were happy because we can buy collector editions with no shipment problem and we were made sure that our pre-ordered games will arrive in time. I waited the shipment whole day but something was not right.

Suprise suprise! Importer said the shipment of all collector's editions (freedom and join or die) were late because of the hars weather conditions. I know that you are in bad shape because of the hurricane and I am really sorry about that but if we cannot get the game in time, why we pre-ordered it? Importer said that we have to wait until saturday or maybe even to monday.

I am kindly asking to Ubisoft, is it true that you couldn't send the editions in time, didn't you know about the hurricane or maybe you don't have time to watch tv? Also I am wondering, are shipping these editions on last day like a college student who works in last night? How can you expect us to trust you when pre-ordering anything?
Umm you do realise that it gets shipped from Europe, so the hurricane is irrelevent regarding delay of your preorder?

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi there,

I'm sorry you are having issues with getting the game - however it's really down to your importer - if they have told you it's due to issues beyond their control, such as the weather - then there is not really anything that can be done.

I can only suggest you keep contacting the importer and see if there are any updates on it.

Different countries may have different import /export deals - so not all games come from Europe

cagdasbas
10-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Umm you do realise that it gets shipped from Europe, so the hurricane is irrelevent regarding delay of your preorder?

Different countries may have different import /export deals - so not all games come from Europe

I didn't know that, I was told that its about the hurricane. Thanks everyone, I will just be a pain in the importer's ....

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 09:50 PM
I didn't know that, I was told that its about the hurricane. Thanks everyone, I will just be a pain in the importer's ....
It most likely is - the other person maybe mistaken :)

Best to keep in contact with the retailer - they should be able to update you asap.

Mad_Fox84
10-31-2012, 10:02 PM
It most likely is - the other person maybe mistaken :)

Best to keep in contact with the retailer - they should be able to update you asap.
misunderstanding maybe. He mentioned shipment of freedom edition, which is EU only so presumed shipment was from the EU.

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 10:04 PM
misunderstanding maybe. He mentioned shipment of freedom edition, which is EU only so presumed shipment was from the EU.
indeed :) - but he's ordering from an importer - so it may have been stored else where - or transit route maybe different :)

I would hope the importer / retailer wouldn't lie to customers.