PDA

View Full Version : Slow/Laggy/Choppy Single Player Experience So Far. Need Help.

Met4lM4ster
10-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi guys. I'm playing on the 360 and just completed Sequence 3. However, my entire experience has been kind of slow, choppy, and laggy. Everywhere I go, (including Boston, the Frontier, and even outside of the Animus with Desmond) the game seems to be running rather slow and laggy. I don't know if this is a framerate issue or not, but I'm running on a relatively new console with the game and patch installed. I've mostly enjoyed the game so far, but this choppiness is getting rather annoying. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you.

Free_Hidings
10-31-2012, 08:56 PM
You have the game installed? Hmm... Try deleting some unused game files and things if you have them, I think the less hard drive space taken up, the smoother the Xbox should run.

Met4lM4ster
10-31-2012, 08:59 PM
You have the game installed? Hmm... Try deleting some unused game files and things if you have them, I think the less hard drive space taken up, the smoother the Xbox should run.
I'll try that, thank you. I'll add that the menu navigation and everything else runs smoothly. It's just that the gameplay seems rather choppy, as if there were problems with the framerate.

Free_Hidings
10-31-2012, 09:24 PM
I have heard others complain of this too. Personally I deleted almost everything except save files from my PS3 (All game installs, all videos, all demos) and I ran the "restore file system" and "rebuild database" things on it which supposedly might help it to run smoother, sort of like a defrag for your computer. I don't know if it would've made any difference, but my frame rate on AC3 is extremely smooth, it does drop slightly at times but not nearly enough to upset me. I am guessing it sits above 25fps 99% of the time, mostly looks like 30.

So see if there is a way to do like a defrag or something for your xbox, clear out all the unused / cluttering files and all that. Also make sure it's well ventilated? Could be struggling to keep up with the awesomeness of AC3. I wonder if blowing air con at a console would help it perform haha

Met4lM4ster
10-31-2012, 10:19 PM
I have heard others complain of this too. Personally I deleted almost everything except save files from my PS3 (All game installs, all videos, all demos) and I ran the "restore file system" and "rebuild database" things on it which supposedly might help it to run smoother, sort of like a defrag for your computer. I don't know if it would've made any difference, but my frame rate on AC3 is extremely smooth, it does drop slightly at times but not nearly enough to upset me. I am guessing it sits above 25fps 99% of the time, mostly looks like 30.

So see if there is a way to do like a defrag or something for your xbox, clear out all the unused / cluttering files and all that. Also make sure it's well ventilated? Could be struggling to keep up with the awesomeness of AC3. I wonder if blowing air con at a console would help it perform haha
Yeah, I'm definitely going to do that. There is an option to "clear the cache" for the Xbox. That's probably the equivalent.