PDA

View Full Version : Little annoying things breaking immersion

JediJabroni
10-31-2012, 07:07 PM
I've only played through the first 3 sequences. It's cool overall, but there are so many little things in this game that are driving up the flippin wall.

It might have been even more interesting if the transitions between sequences were more than just the character model standing in the Animus background doing nothing. Revelations did a much better job with Ezio writing those letters to Claudia.

Like, the transition narration with Kaniehti:io talking (I assume) about the circumstances that lead to Connor being born into the tribe might have been cool... if not for the fact that I couldn't read the subtitles. White font on white background? Really? Can I please slap somebody for that?

There's a scene where she says to Haytham "Why. Are. You. Talking. So. Slow?"... which might have been comical, except for the fact that the voice actor was NOT talking slow. :D

In another scene, a ship captain is yelling without moving his lips. What was he giving psychic orders to the crew? :)

Talking to Ben in that store is a very odd experience, too, the way he's always walking away and never looking at you.

The same thing happens in another conversation where Haytham stares off into space, only turning toward the other person when he speaks. Unintentionally creepy.

And while I loved the plot twist at the end of sequence 3... You guys SPOILED it in the animus database file on Kaniehti:io. Bad Shaun! Bad! (Sidebar: Shaun's personality shines through more in these animus database files than in past games IMO. Kudos for that much)

Nothing is killing me yet. But overlooking these little gaffs to stay immersed int he story still takes conscious effort.

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 07:08 PM
H there,

please make sure you are also posting your bugs / feedback in teh pinned threads - that will make sure we do not miss any issues :)

JediJabroni
10-31-2012, 07:16 PM
H there,

please make sure you are also posting your bugs / feedback in teh pinned threads - that will make sure we do not miss any issues :)

Oh. I didn't realize there was a chance of things like that getting fixed. Glad to be your beta tester. :P ;)

Also glad to know it's more than just other players reading these. :)

Free_Hidings
10-31-2012, 07:24 PM
I've only played through the first 3 sequences. It's cool overall, but there are so many little things in this game that are driving up the flippin wall.

It might have been even more interesting if the transitions between sequences were more than just the character model standing in the Animus background doing nothing. Revelations did a much better job with Ezio writing those letters to Claudia.

Like, the transition narration with Kaniehti:io talking (I assume) about the circumstances that lead to Connor being born into the tribe might have been cool... if not for the fact that I couldn't read the subtitles. White font on white background? Really? Can I please slap somebody for that?

*I never experienced any problems with this / didn't notice (I have a small full HD screen so maybe it's easier to read white on white haha)*

There's a scene where she says to Haytham "Why. Are. You. Talking. So. Slow?"... which might have been comical, except for the fact that the voice actor was NOT talking slow. :D

*He WAS talking slow, he was puffing and panting from chasing her!? He's like "Wait, (huff), let me, (puff), explain (huffpuff)" (not a direct quote :P )*

In another scene, a ship captain is yelling without moving his lips. What was he giving psychic orders to the crew? :)

*Yeah I got that too, annoying but didn't bother me too much*

Talking to Ben in that store is a very odd experience, too, the way he's always walking away and never looking at you.

The same thing happens in another conversation where Haytham stares off into space, only turning toward the other person when he speaks. Unintentionally creepy.

*I have no idea what you are on about here lol*

And while I loved the plot twist at the end of sequence 3... You guys SPOILED it in the animus database file on Kaniehti:io. Bad Shaun! Bad! (Sidebar: Shaun's personality shines through more in these animus database files than in past games IMO. Kudos for that much)

Nothing is killing me yet. But overlooking these little gaffs to stay immersed int he story still takes conscious effort.

*You seriously suggesting it takes effort for you to stay immersed in this game? I LOL @ THEE*

One thing that broke my immersion was I decided to jump a band of Redcoats in the Frontier, was tearing it up but got shot once or twice, I finally realised that there were two guards stuck in boulders shooting at me. I was climbing all over trying to find a "soft spot" to kill them from (wanted to loot the others) but I ended up taking many a bayonett to the face so ran off with my tail between my legs... I like being forced to run from a fight (It's refreshing because most of the time you destroy everyone) but not just because they glitched themselves into a rock.

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh. I didn't realize there was a chance of things like that getting fixed. Glad to be your beta tester. :P ;)

Also glad to know it's more than just other players reading these. :)
You're not a beta tester - so please don't think of yourself as one - some fixes have already been done - assuming you installed the game update when you first started the game.

However - in fixing one thing, other things can go wrong - so it's important that issues are noted so where possible, they get fixed ;)

The Dev Team constantly read the forums - more so now than ever - so it's a good idea to try and make sure post's are structured and in the same place - if possible

Makes it simple for them to collate the issues and see how many people are affected by the same things - so they know wheich bugs and issues are a priority ;)

JediJabroni
10-31-2012, 08:02 PM
You're not a beta tester - so please don't think of yourself as one - some fixes have already been done - assuming you installed the game update when you first started the game.

I was kidding. Hence the ;)

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 08:11 PM
I was kidding. Hence the ;)I know ;)

Just want to make sure you knwo your views are important ;)

Full list of links for feedback =

Single player gameplay feed back: NO SPOILERS!!
Assassin's Creed 3: Single Player Gameplay Feedback [DO NOT POST SPOILERS] (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS)

Single player bugs? Please again report directly to Support and use this Thread.
Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Bugs & Issues Thread *Possible Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720981)

Multiplayer bugs? Please again report directly to Support and use this Thread.
Assassin's Creed 3: Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720983)

For Multiplayer feedback such as game modes, perks, etc, please post here-
Assassin's Creed 3 Multiplayer Gameplay Feedback Thread *Possible-Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720984)