PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop Exclusive DLC Mayan ruins

IWood007
10-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm new on these forums but not to assassins creed, I've played them all and love em.

Here's my reason for posting. I preordered AC3 from gamestop because I wanted the SP exclusive Mayan ruins. However, when I picked up my copy yesterday I did not receive the codes for the downloads even though i preordered back in July. The whole thing is frustrating because Gamestop customer service can't help me with a code and told me to call Ubisoft who can't help me out either. Though Ubisoft on the phone hinted they might make it DLC later on down the road but told me it is a gamestop issue. Needless to say I'm never using gamestop to preorder games, Amazon is better, but that is my personal opinion.

For anyone who did get the codes for it and has played it is it any good? Am I missing much from the game? So far I'm loving AC3 except for those **** wolves....

iDeathly Omen
10-31-2012, 05:24 PM
The code should have come inside the game case on a card. I preordered from gamestop and mine was there just fine.

IWood007
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
Yeah not mine really made me mad I talked to gamestop twice over the phone and that was what they told me 2, and it wasn't in there.

IWood007
10-31-2012, 06:03 PM
I called the store and they game me the wrong copy. So they told me to come in and they will give me the copy I should of got that has the dlc codes in it. I guess gamestop isn't too bad afterall.

ProdiGurl
10-31-2012, 06:16 PM
This scared me . . I did the Gamestop pre-order but I have a separate piece of paper in mine to unlock the exclusive content for the sawtooth sword & SP mission.
I'd be peeved off for sure since you could have pre-ordered somewhere else & at least gotten something out of it.
I'd give you mine but this is my first pre-order ever and I can't do MP due to connection speeds not being optimal where I live. :(
I'd go in to the Gamestop & demand somebody handle it

**edit - just read your new post, GREAT NEWS!!! :D

IWood007
10-31-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks Prodigurl!!! I'm excited about it hopefully this Mayan ruins is worth the hassle I've had to go through in order to get it.

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Glad you have got it sorted with Gamestop :)

ProdiGurl
10-31-2012, 06:27 PM
LOL ya huh. That would totally suck after all that not to like the mission & hate the sword. :nonchalance: I'm reading some of the threads around here & wondering why most of this stuff isn't happening to me?
I usually get the short end. lol

IWood007
10-31-2012, 06:30 PM
This is actually the first game I have pre ordered out of all of them I have pre ordered that I had an issue with.

kishkash04
11-11-2012, 09:23 PM
No paper with the code in my copy either. Waited around that stinkin Gamestop for the release just to get the shaft. Manager is supposed to be "looking into it" to get me a code.

WiriestScroll3
11-11-2012, 11:36 PM
That myan ruins should pop out to every one! It would be very nice Dlc to everyone.

jamgamerforever
11-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Got it with the Freedom Edition. It's just a small, yet cool parkour mission. Lots of climbing, and occasional falling.

I actually had hoped it would include some lore on why the Mayans wrote the calendar (First Civ connections?), but none of that. It'll most likely be included with the Season Pass, as all the other missions in the series have later been released as DLC.