PDA

View Full Version : I hate Royal Mail!!!

liv2rok
10-31-2012, 04:22 PM
Once again I've waited all day at work for a text off my Mum to say a game that I pre-ordered has come and once again it hasn't! No post whatsoever! It was dispatched on Saturday so it will have surely been processed and should have been delivered today. The service is diabolical. If you ever want a new game on release either go and pick it up from a local store or pay a bit extra to have it on Express delivery so it comes via courier. Never expect Royal Mail to give good customer service.

Anyone else had the same disappointing news that Assassin's hasn't come courtesy of Royal Mail?

baggzey23
10-31-2012, 04:33 PM
I got mine today from royal mail although that could be because I paid for express delivery at gamestop uk

silvermercy
10-31-2012, 04:33 PM
I had Royal Mail standard delivery. It shipped yesterday morning from GameStop UK and arrived here early morning today. It may have to do with the fact I currently live in Luton which has airport??

StatewidePanda
10-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Yes pretty much the same thing for me. The postman came but he said there was nothing for me :L so much for the one day delivery guarantee

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 04:39 PM
guys I would check with your retailers.

StatewidePanda
10-31-2012, 05:06 PM
I've called amazon customer support and they've assured me that it has been dispatched and is guaranteed to arrive today yet I still don't have it. My blame is on the Royal Mail sorting place, knowing Royal Mail it was probably stolen

Psycho-Barbie
10-31-2012, 05:27 PM
am on the same boat, shipped on saturday and haven't received it today and am skeptical that it will even arrive tomorrow. really getting the urge to go out and buy a copy from my local store and get a refund on my pre order when it arrives.

liv2rok
10-31-2012, 05:27 PM
I've called amazon customer support and they've assured me that it has been dispatched and is guaranteed to arrive today yet I still don't have it. My blame is on the Royal Mail sorting place, knowing Royal Mail it was probably stolen

Absolutely agree with the latter part of your reply! My gf ordered us some Nickelback tickets a while back. They never came... Ended up getting a piece of paper from Ticket Factory saying we hadn't received the tickets. You can't blame the retailer for it. Once it's left their depot they've done their bit! It's down to Royal Mail.

Psycho-Barbie
10-31-2012, 05:31 PM
@liv2rok - did you pre order from GAME?

earny20
10-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah mate I've had EXACTLY the same problem, mine dispatched Saturday with GAME and nothing came today. I really hate Royal Mail and normally I would have express delivery but for some reason GAME didn't give me the option so I had to go standard delivery. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow I'm just gonna flip out haha

Psycho-Barbie
10-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah, same with me no express delivery option. This is my first time pre ordering a game and lets just say its not the best start of things. I was really excited about getting it today as I have been waiting eagerly for it but oh well i can't do anything about it. As I said in a previous post am skeptical that it will even arrive tomorrow so I have decided to purchase a copy at my local GAME store and get a refund on the pre order.

dann2004
10-31-2012, 10:33 PM
i had mine yesterday 30th,with royal mail.....try using shopto.net to order your games (in the uk that is)....they get them to u a day early and if its late the refund u a fiver!!!

Psycho-Barbie
10-31-2012, 10:40 PM
If i ever decide to pre order again I'll give shopto.net a try, thanks.

I forgot to ask, does royal mail deliver the game (pre order) along with the usual mail or does it get delivered as a package which are usually delivered later in the day?

thanks

SevereAtrophy
10-31-2012, 10:57 PM
You think Royal Mail are bad, My HDNL delivery driver has apparently signed for the package in my name and kept it for himself!!!

Psycho-Barbie
10-31-2012, 11:01 PM
You think Royal Mail are bad, My HDNL delivery driver has apparently signed for the package in my name and kept it for himself!!!

oh thats not good, hope everything turns out well for you

StatewidePanda
10-31-2012, 11:08 PM
I'll definitely use shopto next time. I just called amazon again and they've assured me it will be here on estimated arrival date (today) :S seeing as it's 10pm i highly doubt it... Fingers crossed it'll come tomorrow, and sorry to hear about the guy that signed for your copy, i'm sure you'll get a copy eventually. Starting to think mines been stolen as it's a pretty common occurrence at my post office, especially seeing as mine wasn't tracked or anything also i'd have to wait until the 8th for a refund because royal mail wont consider it as lost until then!

earny20
10-31-2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah I just gotta hope mine gets delivered tomorrow too....

earny20
10-31-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm also gonna use shopto next time haha

Psycho-Barbie
10-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Hey earny20, does royal mail deliver the game (pre order) along with the usual mail or does it get delivered as a package which are usually delivered later in the day?

Its my first time pre ordering you see lol.

Psycho-Barbie
10-31-2012, 11:15 PM
Hey earny20, does royal mail deliver the game (pre order) along with the usual mail or does it get delivered as a package which are usually delivered later in the day?

Psycho-Barbie
10-31-2012, 11:15 PM
Whoops sorry for double post

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 11:16 PM

It's normally in the same mail - from my past experiences.

earny20
10-31-2012, 11:17 PM

I'm not actually too sure but normally I think that it gets delivered with the post unless your postman has loads of other post which in that case it will be delivered seperately so don't get too worried if it doesn't come at first :)

Mad_Fox84
10-31-2012, 11:18 PM
seriously? some people are scum. So what's going to happen now? Shouldn't that guy be fired for abusing his position?

I always use Shopto, but I wanted the freedom edition, so here I am still waiting for my order.

Psycho-Barbie
10-31-2012, 11:18 PM
It's normally in the same mail - from my past experiences.

I'm not actually too sure but normally I think that it gets delivered with the post unless your postman has loads of other post which in that case it will be delivered seperately so don't get too worried if it doesn't come at first :)

Thanks for the replies

Psycho-Barbie
10-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Lets just hope and fingers crossed we all get our copies tomorrow.

StatewidePanda
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah, but once it's dispatched it's completely out of control of the supplier and down to royal mail. Theres no way to track your order unless you get some special code which wasn't available at amazon so there literally is nothing to do but wait and avoid spoilers!

Psycho-Barbie
10-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Yep, all down to royal mail now, it's more the fact that we payed to get it on the day and it hasn't happened but oh well s**t happens.

bart578
11-01-2012, 01:02 AM
If i ever decide to pre order again I'll give shopto.net a try, thanks.

I forgot to ask, does royal mail deliver the game (pre order) along with the usual mail or does it get delivered as a package which are usually delivered later in the day?

thanks

I would definetly recommend ShopTo, I origionally ordered through amazon and have never had a problem with them for dvd's etc. but read on here they are not the best for release date deliveries ao canceled the order and wen't with ShopTo. This is the first time I've used them and would definetly use them again for pre-order release date delivery. I ordered the Join or Die edition and got it delivered on the 30th. Great service :)

It was delivered on the normal mail delivery, it was put through the letter box......not as big as the Freedom edition!!

TheHamsterBOOM
11-01-2012, 01:06 AM
i actually went into GAME for mine lol bought a lovely Conner figure as well better than the one that was supposed to come with the game IMO.

but for HALO i went wit amazon express delivery it was cheaper to have limited edition and express delivery than the actually buy it from anywhere else lol

bart578
11-01-2012, 01:07 AM
i actually went into GAME for mine lol bought a lovely Conner figure as well better than the one that was supposed to come with the game IMO.

Is that Connor the Hunter figurine?

earny20
11-01-2012, 11:37 AM
This is a joke the post came through and I still don't have it

StatewidePanda
11-01-2012, 11:46 AM
If mine doesn't come today i'm probably just gonna go to the shop and pick one up and send my other back if it comes afterwards.