PDA

View Full Version : Nine Men's Morris (Cowboy Checkers)

EddieMendez
10-31-2012, 03:09 PM
Anyone else think Morris game a little to difficult? I played for 30min and lost ever time.
Also, i have the Xbox 360 game (Collectors Edition!!!), is there achievements for winning at least once on every board game?

kriegerdesgottes
10-31-2012, 03:18 PM
I still haven't figured it out. I just don't quite get it yet. I feel like it'll be fun once I figure out what I'm doing.

EddieMendez
10-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Well i get it... but its just so hard. But would like to know if there are achievements within it?

SlantedShark
11-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Yea i understand the concept and how to play but i had gotten my opponent down to 3 pieces and then he all of a sudden came back for the win because of the "flying" rule what is the point of putting a mini game in the game if its impossible to win. Honestly its just not fair if u cant beat the computer especially when i have tried every possible way to beat it. In my opinion not a good choice for a mini game ubisoft bad form

CRANK 132
11-11-2012, 10:35 PM
I hate this game, am only playing it to get the achievement. Please NEVER tie achievements to crappy boardgames Ubisoft. Some of us really do not like playing boardgames.

ACfan443
11-11-2012, 10:41 PM
I get it (just read the instructions, they explain it relatively well) but the game's so difficult. I've been looking for some online solver, like the ones for Rubik's cube, but sadly can't find one :(

jamgamerforever
11-11-2012, 10:41 PM
I played some after completing the game. I didn't find it too hard. It's best to trap your opponent's pieces so you win, then they don't get to "fly" their pieces all over. Just get them down to 4 pieces then trap them.

Appreciated that Ubi added Six Men's Morris and Twelve Men's Morris as variants.

LinkAndLoad
11-11-2012, 11:00 PM
The AI cheats! lol j/k.

Yeah I'm having a hard time as well.

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 11:33 PM
I only lost 3 times..

Once you`v figured the strategy of the AI, It becomes a piece of cake..Looking at everything else, the AI for Board games is rather smart..

kriegerdesgottes
11-12-2012, 01:02 AM
These games are outright impossible. I have played them all hundreds of times literally and I have won ONE time at checkers and ONE time at fanorona. They simply can not be won. And worst yet, there is an objective in challenge set 3 for the thieves guild to win 500 dollars at games and I am at 20 dollars after countless hours.

DSTRVCTION
11-12-2012, 01:08 AM
These games are outright impossible. I have played them all hundreds of times literally and I have one ONE time at checkers and ONE time at fanorona. They simply can not be won. And worst yet, there is an objective in challenge set 3 for the thieves guild to win 500 dollars at games and I am at 20 dollars after countless hours.

If you bet 100 you'll only have to play five games. I always bet 100, though I know I'm going to lose. Just make sure you've got enough cash so you're bid is higher.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Here is an explanation of the rules http://www.mastersgames.com/rules/morris-rules.htm

austin128
11-12-2012, 06:40 PM
It took me quite a while to beat the guy at Homestead for the Trophy, but man when I did I felt satisfied! Fanorama took me even longer, though. I didn't know about either game before AssCreeThree, but now I want to get them in the RL lol

PurpleHaze1980
11-13-2012, 05:24 AM
I played for about four hours straight at all the seperate board games and NONE of the AI's at any point ever made any "mistakes" or anything to give me even the chance to take ONE of their pieces let alone win. The closest I ever came to winning is "drawing", which the AI requests if it can't find a win either. They made it far too difficult, even the NPCs that claim to be "intermediate" players of the game are impossible to beat for me.

blacklimoband
11-13-2012, 06:01 AM
The real problem is that the AI will not sacrifice a piece to break a stalemate. At best they will offer a draw. I've beaten the sailor fellow at checkers, but every other game (including the bowls) I cannot win. Bowls is really frustrating... I throw a perfect shot (my ball touching the red) and then the AI throws an impossible shot that either knocks the red to their favor or smacks mine to blazes...

These mini-games are designed to be unwinnable.

kriegerdesgottes
11-13-2012, 06:20 AM
So I found a place in southern Boston where I can win at Morris every time because it's a beginner one. I figured out a way to always win but if it's intermediate or expert it's still impossible. I just need to win one more game of Morris in the Homestead for my trophy but I don't see it happening anytime soon since it's the even harder version of Morris there.

Blind2Society
11-13-2012, 09:53 AM
I like fanorona, I did quite well at it. It was challenging but fun. Morris on the other hand, no F'n way. Seemed like going first = loss.

CRANK 132
11-13-2012, 11:49 AM
I really, really, really did not like the addition of those stupid boardgames. I know some will appreciate them, but I did not buy an Assassin's Creed game to play boardgames. I just went on YouTube and watched a strategy, won and got the achievement.

piratebin
07-29-2014, 06:33 PM
My brother lent me Black Flag when he went on vacation. I actually really love the game! It took over my other games and they were like the lonely toys of old sitting on my shelf never to be played with again any time soon....

Had one thing left to do in the game before starting up my online adventure.... This happened to be playing a game of "Cowboy Checkers"

I have looked it up online, followed tutorials, advice etc... Invested hours into getting beat at "THE LOWEST DIFFICULTY" and almost a controller doing so as well...

I cannot complete the game because of an ancient" board game"

So for that stupid reason you guys.... I will not buy the game for my ps3 or 4. Nor will I ever purchase a Ubisoft Game again. Theres enough people who hate this aspect of the game yet you do nothing about it..... Shows how you really "Listen" to your customers guys.

JustPlainQuirky
07-29-2014, 06:37 PM
^lolololololol srsly

Fatal-Feit
07-29-2014, 06:43 PM
The salt is strong with that one.