PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to remove the sword??

AllThatJuice
10-31-2012, 02:02 PM
So I purchased a sword just to see how combat was like using it, but now I cant seem to remove it...In the previous AC games there were little tricks you could do to unequip them, so does anyone know of a way for AC3?...(Tried buying a heavy weapon and throwing it, but you cant do that in AC3 xD)

Christorini
10-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Bump, i got same question.

BLEEPYOU11
10-31-2012, 02:51 PM
well when you get to the homestead on thee basement it should let you change the weapons and outfits or store them hope this helps

AllThatJuice
10-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Ive tried heading to the homestead and unequiping it...hell ive tried getting hit full force by a heavy weapon (hoping it would knock it out of my hands) all with no luck..also, anyone slightly annoyed that when you dye your clothes, only the default colours are shown in cutscenes?...still a great game though

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Ive tried heading to the homestead and unequiping it...hell ive tried getting hit full force by a heavy weapon (hoping it would knock it out of my hands) all with no luck..also, anyone slightly annoyed that when you dye your clothes, only the default colours are shown in cutscenes?...still a great game thoughYou can't swap it for the tomahawk when you access the weapon rack in the homestead?

If not - please report the issue to support - they maybe have a solution - I will also report it.

Links to support are in my signature!

Nightmare8767
10-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Shade: The sword and the Tomahawk don't fall under the same category -- one is a Weapon and the other is a Short weapon. I also expected both to be under the same category, and to my surpirse (and displeasure) they weren't.

AllThatJuice
10-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Like Nightmare said, the tomohawk is a short weapon, whilsts the sword is a normal...I'll report it to support anyways...

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Sorry my mistake!

You should be able to swap the weapon at either a general store - or the homestead - but I will check if you can remove it completely that way

Quick update

You should be able to 'drop' the sword once it's equipped - normally [B] on Xbox - or you can be disarmed by an enemy.

DTfunjumper
10-31-2012, 04:13 PM
What surprised me was when i lockpicked a chest he dropped the tomahawk. may have been a bug but it worked!

projectpat06
10-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I've been trying to figure this out myself. I accidentally picked up an officer's sword instead of a musket and have been trying to get rid of it. I ended up buying the short french sword since it doesn't hang down that long until a solution is found.

capachone
10-31-2012, 05:51 PM
Sorry my mistake!

You should be able to swap the weapon at either a general store - or the homestead - but I will check if you can remove it completely that way

Quick update

You should be able to 'drop' the sword once it's equipped - normally [B] on Xbox - or you can be disarmed by an enemy.

Mr_Shade, are you sure that we can remove the sword or axe completely ?

im asking because i dont like to use the sword all the time, for me i would stay only with tomahawk

projectpat06
10-31-2012, 08:20 PM
You can't remove the sword by conventional means but there is a glitch that removes it. Go to one of the locked chests that you have to pick with the sword equipped and in your hand. when you engage in the lock pick, connor drops it. So basically, if you want to remove whatever weapon is in your inventory, leave one chest locked so you can go do unlock mini game. this may work for any lock actually but I haven't tested it. Ha but now I actually like having the short sword.

projectpat06
11-01-2012, 05:10 AM
You can also equip a war club in place of the sword which you can then throw at an enemy by pressing triangle and I think Y for the xbox. This will get rid of it so u just have the tomahawk again

Angreh Penguin
11-01-2012, 06:43 AM
You can also equip a war club in place of the sword which you can then throw at an enemy by pressing triangle and I think Y for the xbox. This will get rid of it so u just have the tomahawk again

This actually works. Awesome

capachone
11-01-2012, 01:28 PM

Need to be the war club ? Can be a axe or heavy weapons ?

True_Assassin92
11-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Thank you all for the solutions! It really annoys me that it is clipping through my robes whilst I don't use it anyways :D

projectpat06
11-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Need to be the war club ? Can be a axe or heavy weapons ?

I think it can be an Axe or any heavy weapon as well. I was just playing with the war club after I realized I could remove it with the chest glitch then all of a sudden I threw it at the guy by pressing the tool button. I just paused a moment and thought, holy ****, I just removed it by simply throwing it. I wish we could do the same with the tomahawk like in that commercial. even from a tree would be cool. then jump down while rope darting the other guy and pick the tomahawk back up

Grandmaster_Z
11-01-2012, 08:17 PM
every game its the same. we should be able to unequip weapons/armor and leave them are your main base/hometestead. its been asked since AC2, yet people still have to find "workarounds". this should go in the feedback thread!

capachone
11-01-2012, 08:22 PM
I think it can be an Axe or any heavy weapon as well. I was just playing with the war club after I realized I could remove it with the chest glitch then all of a sudden I threw it at the guy by pressing the tool button. I just paused a moment and thought, holy ****, I just removed it by simply throwing it. I wish we could do the same with the tomahawk like in that commercial. even from a tree would be cool. then jump down while rope darting the other guy and pick the tomahawk back up

Thanks man, i wanted to know this so bad

and remember " Nothing is true, everything is permited ''