PDA

View Full Version : Should I Get AC3 or Read Dead Redemption?

ACSineQuaNon
10-31-2012, 05:56 AM
Which game has the better total package? Graphics, story, immersion, characters, mission structure/variety, combat, side content

Assassin_M
10-31-2012, 06:04 AM
Why don't you Youtube a couple of videos of Both games and decide ?:)

You`ll buy CoD in the end..

Krayus Korianis
10-31-2012, 06:45 AM

It's true, they just might...

ACSineQuaNon
10-31-2012, 04:45 PM

I remember you being a condescending tool. I did watch YouTube videos, but I'd like to get the opinion of someone who has actually PLAYED both games. Comprendo, chief?

dewgel
10-31-2012, 04:59 PM
I remember you being a condescending tool. I did watch YouTube videos, but I'd like to get the opinion of someone who has actually PLAYED both games. Comprendo, chief?
They're 2 different games. So there's no real way to describe it. You're on an Assassin's Creed forum asking the biggest fans of the series what they would recommend you buy, and your choice is a game they've been waiting for for ages, or a competitors game which has a slightly similar open world hunting experience.

I'd get AC3 and RDR. They're both amazing games. Red Dead has a great story, but drags on a bit when you get to Mexico. Gameplay is fun if you like Grand Theft Auto.

AC3 is basically all the previous AC games but with hunting. It's nowhere near the same as RDR. I remember people saying AC3 is just Red Dead with a hidden blade. It's not, it's different. There's more to the hunting than just shooting and skinning. You've got to track them, sneak up on them, get clean kills or dirty kills.

RDR is about 10 in shops now, AC3 is new. Just get them both IMO.

Stiler
10-31-2012, 05:14 PM
Both games are amazing.

There's no other game like RDR out there (western open world) but it's also quite cheap these days.

I'd get both.

you won't regret either one.

Krayus Korianis
10-31-2012, 05:18 PM
They're 2 different games. So there's no real way to describe it. You're on an Assassin's Creed forum asking the biggest fans of the series what they would recommend you buy, and your choice is a game they've been waiting for for ages, or a competitors game which has a slightly similar open world hunting experience.

I'd get AC3 and RDR. They're both amazing games. Red Dead has a great story, but drags on a bit when you get to Mexico. Gameplay is fun if you like Grand Theft Auto.

AC3 is basically all the previous AC games but with hunting. It's nowhere near the same as RDR. I remember people saying AC3 is just Red Dead with a hidden blade. It's not, it's different. There's more to the hunting than just shooting and skinning. You've got to track them, sneak up on them, get clean kills or dirty kills.

RDR is about 10 in shops now, AC3 is new. Just get them both IMO.
This, except RDR is nothing like GTA... It just isn't. (I own both RDR and the GTA series)
Also, AC is a different beast when compared to RDR. I don't think there's another game where you have a blade and stab people in the back like in AC.
I own both RDR and the AC series. I'd recommend to get both games.

ProdiGurl
10-31-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm still in the beginning of AC3 & played RDR.... RDR is good but it got redundant for me - it needs some fast travel after awhile. & I can't tell you what happens 1/2 way in that was a game changer for me. I was not a happy camper & didn't expect it at all.
If you're short on cash, get RDR becuz it's not brand new & it's a good game. AC is still my favorite game title so I'm partial to it even tho I don't know how good this one is yet.

infamous_ezio
10-31-2012, 06:46 PM

That made me laugh so bad i almost sharted...

ACfan443
10-31-2012, 06:52 PM
They're both great games, but for me RDR was slightly boring. Go for AC3.

Free_Hidings
10-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Ask this on the RDR forum, get an average from both forums, draw up a tally and a few graphs, disregard everything and buy AC3.

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Whats CoD?

[giggles]

MT4K
10-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Ask this on the RDR forum, get an average from both forums, draw up a tally and a few graphs, disregard everything and buy AC3.

This is easily the best idea so far :p.

Whats CoD?

[giggles]

Some kind of fish i believe :rolleyes:.

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Some kind of fish i believe :rolleyes:.
With mushy peas?

MT4K
10-31-2012, 07:45 PM
With mushy peas?

How did you know :eek:.

MRNMRSPACER
11-01-2012, 02:46 PM
depends...do u wanna be a cowboy or a assassin during the american revolution?pick...buy...enjoy

Mooster198
11-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Really RDR boring? Its a game I could just keep on playing even after I got 100% completion. Both are quite different. I think AC3 is deeper, RDR is a game u just dive in and enjoy it from get go.

CalgaryJay
11-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Both are in my top 3 favourite games of this generation, so you can't really lose either way, bro.

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 03:03 PM

lmao

ACSineQuaNon
11-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Really RDR boring? Its a game I could just keep on playing even after I got 100% completion. Both are quite different. I think AC3 is deeper, RDR is a game u just dive in and enjoy it from get go.

So there's more side content in AC3? A lot of the things in AC3 like trade routes, convoys, and recruits seem superfluous.

diwas13
11-01-2012, 06:57 PM
RDR is probably dirt cheap by now, so I'd say both.

D173120T
11-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Get RDR and wait till AC3 is in the bargain basement.They lost the plot on AC3 i am afraid.I am glad i didnt jump on the Bandwaggon and get AC3 right off on Day 1!

liamr11
11-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Which game has the better total package? Graphics, story, immersion, characters, mission structure/variety, combat, side content

Ignoring any jerks here, Both are Top notch games and you should definately get both eventually, I personally prefer AC3, mostly because of the setting, and there is much more to do, i love the combat as well. I did like RDR's Characters better (Irish is awesome), but come on, R* are the king of characters. AC3 comes close though, not many people will agree but i think Connor is my favourite assassin, Yes he is Hot-headed but that's a flaw, it makes him seem a little more real to me.

But they are both great games and you will get one hell of a package no matter what you choose (Oh and if you get RDR, get the GOTY edition, thank me later)