PDA

View Full Version : Connor's Mentor Retelling of Brotherhood History: A Missed Opportunity *SPOILERS*

Sharkey1337
10-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Anyone else disappointed with the lack of storytelling when Achilles is about to tell Connor all about the Templar and Assassin history? Instead of filling us in on story following Ezio's time, the game simply skips ahead to the end of the conversation. I do realize most of it is stuff we probably already know, but it would've been fascinating to hear what's happened since Ezio, what the state of the Assassin and Templar orders are in, etc.

Also, did anyone else think it odd that Achilles knew Kenway was Connor's father after Connor mentioned the fact? It seemed to me that would be news to Achilles as it seemed he wasn't aware of who Connor was upon first meeting him. I know it was mentioned that Achilles helped Connor's mother, but that was years before. Maybe Achilles is the "Obi-Wan" protector of Connor and I just haven't found that out yet, lol.

Nightmare8767
10-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Achilles is the Master Assassin of the Colonial Brotherhood, so one would think he's well informed.

BBALive
10-31-2012, 01:57 AM
Also, did anyone else think it odd that Achilles knew Kenway was Connor's father after Connor mentioned the fact? It seemed to me that would be news to Achilles as it seemed he wasn't aware of who Connor was upon first meeting him. I know it was mentioned that Achilles helped Connor's mother, but that was years before. Maybe Achilles is the "Obi-Wan" protector of Connor and I just haven't found that out yet, lol.

Yes, I found that weird.

NOLA_Assassin
10-31-2012, 03:50 AM
Connor knew who his father was as his mother knew he was a Templar. Achilles just put 2 and 2 together.

xx-pyro
10-31-2012, 04:08 AM
I was more confused as to how when Haytham first saw Connor he knew that he was his son. I just figure I missed something.

RinoTheBouncer
10-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Anyone else disappointed with the lack of storytelling when Achilles is about to tell Connor all about the Templar and Assassin history? Instead of filling us in on story following Ezio's time, the game simply skips ahead to the end of the conversation. I do realize most of it is stuff we probably already know, but it would've been fascinating to hear what's happened since Ezio, what the state of the Assassin and Templar orders are in, etc.

I agree with you. I found it really silly that the part was skipped while it could've been done in the same manner as the intro to the game and the Minerva explanation of the ending if it was done by her choice. It also feels like a plot hole when talking about Connor and his Father because both seem to know each other well as well as the people know like Achilles while it was never mentioned HOW everyone knew this.

Eurostar7
10-31-2012, 08:44 PM

Yeah that part felt really cheap. Felt like the developers didnt want to waste their time on it.