PDA

View Full Version : where did the gameplay go?

metalmaster06
10-30-2012, 07:33 PM
What happened to the gameplay and h.u.d. system that assassin's creed has had for the past Five Years?
What happened to passive and agressive stance?
What is this new scheme using only a and b or x and square?
Why does the game not tell me how to attack with this new scheme?
What happened to controlling when you free-run and when you don't?
Why are there guns in the game if you can't target anything?
What happened to being a boss with the combat system just yesterday and now losing so much health the first time you enter actual combat in the game?
Can we, the people, who have played assassin's creed over the years get our old control format back?

Angreh Penguin
10-30-2012, 07:38 PM
The combat system in this is infinitely more fluid than anything the other games did. I don't really understand how people are having issues aside from the occasional human shield not working

metalmaster06
10-30-2012, 07:41 PM
the real problem i think i am having is this is so different from the last four titles and i have been playing for a couple hours now and still can't get used to it wghatsoever, i still hold down my right trigger in combat, and its going to be days before i stop

metalmaster06
10-30-2012, 07:42 PM
im pretty sure plenty of other people are having this problem, too

ivetusmcsat8202
10-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm having some problems adapting as well but it happens. It just takes a little time and a clear mind to overcome previously learned processes and controls. You'll get it man. You can still ask for a control scheme change however. May help others in the same predicament as you and I.

dewgel
10-30-2012, 08:16 PM
What happened to the gameplay and h.u.d. system that assassin's creed has had for the past Five Years?
What happened to passive and agressive stance?
What is this new scheme using only a and b or x and square?
Why does the game not tell me how to attack with this new scheme?
What happened to controlling when you free-run and when you don't?
Why are there guns in the game if you can't target anything?
What happened to being a boss with the combat system just yesterday and now losing so much health the first time you enter actual combat in the game?
Can we, the people, who have played assassin's creed over the years get our old control format back?

And I'm guessing you're also the same type of guy who would complain about the same old control scheme them taking no intiative?

The new scheme is better. Controlling when you free run and not is alot less complicated, one of the biggest complaints for people who don't play AC every day like us was the way you have to grip the controller. You had to do the famed "Assassin Claw" to move the camera angle, hold R1 and X at the same time. The new scheme gets rid of that.

People also complained about how easy combat was in AC. How it was simply "Hit R1 + Square repeatidly", now you've got to think depending on your enemy.

PKnark
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm loving the new combat, reminds me of arkham city. I'm still getting used the HUD, overall I'm liking the changes, just need to work on my combat.

Kaschra
10-30-2012, 10:13 PM
When Revelations didn't change much about the gameplay, people complained.
Now AC3 has changed a lot, and people still complain.
WTF

Of course it's obvious that you won't be used to the new gameplay from the start, especially after playing the other AC games for years. I myself have some problems with the fights, too, but I just need to get used to it and that's it.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm loving the new combat, reminds me of arkham city. I'm still getting used the HUD, overall I'm liking the changes, just need to work on my combat.
Took me a while too - but it will just 'click' and you will be countering and killing like a beast ;)

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 10:45 PM
WTF

Of course it's obvious that you won't be used to the new gameplay from the start, especially after playing the other AC games for years. I myself have some problems with the fights, too, but I just need to get used to it and that's it.

This happens with nearly all new games - devs can't win for losing either way when they leave things alone or change them up.
So far I haven't had any problems getting used to combat (which surprises me becuz I'm usually pretty slow with new things lol) & I like not having to control every single movement with a separate set of buttons.

Dag_B
10-31-2012, 01:45 AM
WTF

People do always want an exact copy of what they liked but totally different. ;)
It's old news in the gaming industry. :o

tjbyrum1
10-31-2012, 01:51 AM
What happened to the gameplay and h.u.d. system that assassin's creed has had for the past Five Years? Improved.
What happened to passive and agressive stance? Improved,
What is this new scheme using only a and b or x and square? More fluid.
Why does the game not tell me how to attack with this new scheme? Go to Animus training center.
What happened to controlling when you free-run and when you don't? Easier to control.
Why are there guns in the game if you can't target anything? You can target things worth targeting... like people, animals, barrels, etc... not the ground, sky, or trees.
What happened to being a boss with the combat system just yesterday and now losing so much health the first time you enter actual combat in the game? Makes it harder, thus better.
Can we, the people, who have played assassin's creed over the years get our old control format back? Not when it's better and improved.

My comments are written after the questions above.