PDA

View Full Version : Sad that Assasins Creed is Ending???

gocubs94
10-30-2012, 06:23 PM
I dont know about everyone else, but I'm deeply saddened by the fact that it is ending. I mean, man does time fly by fast. I remember like it was yesterday that I went to go to Walmart to buy a game and randomly chose AC2 because the cover looked cool. After that I fell in love with it and then brought the first one to play and then brotherhood and so on. I cant wait to play AC3 tonight, but I'm also sad that all of its finally ending. Its crazy how 6 years can pass by so fast!

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 06:26 PM
People posting the ending or trying to discuss it - in this forum, will be suspended...

Just a reminder - we don't want ANY spoilers in here - thanks! ;)

UrDeviant1
10-30-2012, 06:32 PM
I doubt the AC series Is gonna end any time soon. So chin up!

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
? Like ENDING ending?? I don't know why they'd do that with a huge success like this series?

BBALive
10-30-2012, 06:49 PM
The series isn't ending.

Maurice_Wijma
10-30-2012, 06:50 PM
People posting the ending or trying to discuss it - in this forum, will be suspended...

Just a reminder - we don't want ANY spoilers in here - thanks! ;)

I don't see that he is discussing the ending of the game itself, so no spoilers. He's just mentioning what the guys of Ubisoft have said a few times already, and that is that this series is ending. By that I think they ment that the series is ending with the original story. Even if that could be a spoiler, then the OP can't be judged for this, but the guys from Ubisoft must be banned by spoiling the ending of the "series". I don't see that happening :p

I am not sad that the series in its current form is ending. We all knew it was comming, and this opens doors to different possible ways of continueing the series. Maybe the next title is just abouit the assassins, and not about somebody who is looking through the eyes of that person.
I personally cared more about the historic story than the present story of Desmond, so I don't think it is a great loss.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 06:55 PM
I don't see that he is discussing the ending of the game itself, so no spoilers. He's just mentioning what the guys of Ubisoft have said a few times already, and that is that this series is ending. By that I think they ment that the series is ending with the original story. Even if that could be a spoiler, then the OP can't be judged for this, but the guys from Ubisoft must be banned by spoiling the ending of the "series". I don't see that happening :p

I was meaning other people.. we already have had some people posting the ending to AC3 ;)

they will see the title and just post... so just a warning not too ;) ;)

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 06:57 PM

I am not sad that the series in its current form is ending. We all knew it was comming, and this opens doors to different possible ways of continueing the series. Maybe the next title is just abouit the assassins, and not about somebody who is looking through the eyes of that person.
I personally cared more about the historic story than the present story of Desmond, so I don't think it is a great loss.

If that's the case, then I don't mind it so much - in fact, I never cared about the Desmond side of the story at all. So if they change some things up in the format of the series, that's fine by me.
I would just hate to see them abruptly end the entire franchise/series completely. That would suck so bad.

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 07:00 PM
The series isn't ending.

I've been out of the AC loop while waiting for this release, so I don't know what's going on, this is the first I'm hearing about this.
I hope you're right, I'll be devastated. This is my favorite game title ever.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-30-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm not sad Desmond & 2012 stories are ending (presumably, haven't played the game yet). It was already waaaaaaay too stretched out, 5 freaking games. This was a story for 3 games max but Ubi wanted more AC cash so yeah. I'm ready to move on, I'm not even sure if the franchise needs modern-day story framing at all.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 07:18 PM
I so want to see more of Connor.. really liking him.. so will be sad when game is over...

;)

RatonhnhakeFan
10-30-2012, 07:20 PM
I so want to see more of Connor.. :(
I want more of both him and Aveline in AC3's non-numbered sequels, but I don't want Desmond/2012 story anymore.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Well - only time will tell :)

RinoTheBouncer
10-30-2012, 07:24 PM
I think the only thing that is ending is Desmond's story. Whether it's a happy or a sad ending and regardless of what happens (which I still don't know as I still haven't finished AC3) I think there is more to come maybe just not with Desmond.

I also believe that we've already been given hints throughout AC3 about some "stuff" which I can't tell here but they sound really promising if they ever come true.

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 08:17 PM
I think the only thing that is ending is Desmond's story. Whether it's a happy or a sad ending and regardless of what happens (which I still don't know as I still haven't finished AC3) I think there is more to come maybe just not with Desmond.

I also believe that we've already been given hints throughout AC3 about some "stuff" which I can't tell here but they sound really promising if they ever come true.

I just picked up my game from Gamestop, making a last stop in here before I put it in to play - you made my day with this.
Like I said, I never cared about the whole Desmond thing- Ezio stole the show for me & being the Assassin is the only storyline I cared about, so if that's all that's changing and they aren't literally ENDING the Assassins Creed series completely, I'm fine. I got really worried that this would be the last AC game ever. I mean, COD & other game titles have alot less potential than the AC title - to think they were ending this was killing me.
What a RELIEF. Thanks for all your posts & clearing this up for me

BBALive
10-30-2012, 08:47 PM
I've been out of the AC loop while waiting for this release, so I don't know what's going on, this is the first I'm hearing about this.
I hope you're right, I'll be devastated. This is my favorite game title ever.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/353193/ubisoft-hopes-to-reach-assassins-creed-10/

Dag_B
10-30-2012, 09:09 PM
I think it's good that the current story line will end so they can do titles in the Assassins Creed universe that are different.
Starting a new storyline with new characters makes it more easy to introduce completely new gameplay aspects which can be pretty interesting.

As I didn't finish AC3 yet, I can't say if I have enough of Desmond/Connor or if there is space left, where I would enjoy another title. For example Ezio had 3 games now, most things are explained in his storyline, I think that is enough, I wouldn't want a fourth with him. Altair on the other hand, I do not see a lot of things you could tell, as we had those snippets in Revelations that told many important things in his life, but I would like another Altair-game, if they find something interesting to tell.

And yeah, that AC isn't the last piece in this franchise is old news. ^^

bart578
10-30-2012, 10:06 PM
I think this will be the last we hear of Desmond, but the assassins creed franchise will continue. I seem to remember a video of the devs discussing this and they said as long as folk want to play assassins creed then they will continue to make them.........

Long live assassins creed.

and if the devs read this........GREAT game guy's.....really enjoying it. THANKS. :)

Jexx21
10-30-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm not sad Desmond & 2012 stories are ending (presumably, haven't played the game yet). It was already waaaaaaay too stretched out, 5 freaking games. This was a story for 3 games max but Ubi wanted more AC cash so yeah. I'm ready to move on, I'm not even sure if the franchise needs modern-day story framing at all.

I disagree.. on both points. I think that 5 games is just enough, although I would personally prefer 6 games, 2 with Altair, 2 with Ezio, and 2 with Connor. But that's not happening.

Also, Assassin's Creed isn't Assassin's Creed if there is no modern-day story. Or atleast no animus...

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 10:22 PM
AC will never end as long as there are still people who buy it

BBALive
10-30-2012, 10:23 PM
I want more of both him and Aveline in AC3's non-numbered sequels, but I don't want Desmond/2012 story anymore.

Completely agree. I think they should focus on a new assassin each game, but remove the modern day aspect completely. It is the weakest part of the series in my opinion.

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 10:52 PM
I think this will be the last we hear of Desmond, but the assassins creed franchise will continue. I seem to remember a video of the devs discussing this and they said as long as folk want to play assassins creed then they will continue to make them.........

Long live assassins creed.

and if the devs read this........GREAT game guy's.....really enjoying it. THANKS. :)

Ditto to that

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Remember you can also post your feedback in the pinned thread - the Dev Team are reading the forums - they may be able to spot the nice comments easier in there ;)

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Remember you can also post your feedback in the pinned thread - the Dev Team are reading the forums - they may be able to spot the nice comments easier in there ;)
pinned thread? I'm having a dense moment, the one Black Widow started? I'll be back later after I play another hour or 2 for more input :D
I like letting my console cool down lol

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 11:58 PM
pinned thread? I'm having a dense moment, the one Black Widow started? I'll be back later after I play another hour or 2 for more input :D
I like letting my console cool down lol
Yeah that's the one ;)

Sorry I should have linked you - my fault!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS

There's dedicated threads linked from there for bugs etc - or use the main thread for general feedback - please try and post in the correct thread so it makes it easier for us to compile - and read!;)

RinoTheBouncer
10-31-2012, 12:11 AM
I just picked up my game from Gamestop, making a last stop in here before I put it in to play - you made my day with this.
Like I said, I never cared about the whole Desmond thing- Ezio stole the show for me & being the Assassin is the only storyline I cared about, so if that's all that's changing and they aren't literally ENDING the Assassins Creed series completely, I'm fine. I got really worried that this would be the last AC game ever. I mean, COD & other game titles have alot less potential than the AC title - to think they were ending this was killing me.
What a RELIEF. Thanks for all your posts & clearing this up for me

You're most welcome fellow Assassin ;) xD
Well, Ezio is my superstar you know? neither Altair nor any other assassin stole the show like Ezio, 3 games just for him. But you know what? you need to concentrate on Desmond's story and AC games as a whole because when new parts come out, I'm sure you'll need to know what exactly the game is based on so that it helps you understand future games too whether they're directly or indirectly related. Besides, Desmond's story is VERY interesting so play all AC games, trust me you'll love em' and never pass a cutscene.

ou can live without the DLCs or Multiplayer and you can read the Wikia pages of AC games (Assassin's Creed Wikia in Google) and you'll know the details that are in notes or emails or papers throughout the games but the cutscenes can teach a great deal of info. about the history.

Enjoy my friend xD

rileypoole1234
10-31-2012, 02:48 AM
Yeah AC isn't ending yet... Everybody is saying that and they're right.

ProdiGurl
10-31-2012, 02:55 AM
Thanks Mr Shade! I'll be over there as soon as I play more to give more comprehensive input. Right now I'm working on figuring out combat weaponry...
once I get the gun issue solved, I'll be a happy camper :D