PDA

View Full Version : Release date???

Timmiiii
10-30-2012, 04:46 PM
So, I just purchased Assasins Creed 3, and I am looking forward to play it tomorrow, as the release date is the 31st of October. Or is it?

I just recieved an email from Ubisoft validating my buy, but I noticed it says that the release date is 22nd of November???

Please help, confusement is overwhelming.

Kind Refards

lasha716
10-30-2012, 04:51 PM
the relese date of PC version is 23 november

raptor41tr
10-30-2012, 04:54 PM
PC release date has never been 31st of October, the date is what email says.

Timmiiii
10-30-2012, 05:10 PM
That ****ing sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why??

Does anyone know?? I mean even on their FB page it says worldwide release 31st of October . . .

MaceMagoo
10-30-2012, 05:12 PM
It was going to be the same as the consolololol's but they moved it back (like all the AC games on the PC) , Yay!.......

andreja110s
10-30-2012, 05:47 PM
It sucks, doesn´t it? :(

Timmiiii
10-30-2012, 07:52 PM
**** me sideways, I am so disapointed in Ubisoft . . .

Punishing PC players . .

CasualMancer
10-30-2012, 09:10 PM
It's because we're the pirates.. Oh wait it got pirated for console a week ago. #winning

Edit. for those who did not understand the sarcasm. I know it's for optimlization reasons. I just don't see them, is all.

RC-1025
10-30-2012, 09:27 PM
This is a result of the programing community trying to kiss the console players rear end. The release date for the first 3 AC were dead on no wait. But as the PC gamer numbers fall those that are left get boned. Advanced notice would have been nice:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad: Release Date for PC in the US as it stands now is Nov. 20 lets see if they honor that

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Edit. for those who did not understand the sarcasm. I know it's for optimlization reasons. I just don't see them, is all. That's due to the game not being released yet - so you have not seen it really;)

As posted - the PC version is released between the 20th and 23rd of November [depends on your country]

Advertising showing the game, should all state that the PC release date is in november.

Nimras186
10-30-2012, 09:40 PM
PC release date has never been 31st of October, the date is what email says.

Actually your Wrong so to speak.

The PC release date was initially 31'st of October and everything was advertised as that they made it clear this time it would release on time with consoles.

That we all know they wouldn't keep it and it would be delayed is another thing lol.

But the Original release date until they MOVED it was 31'st of October lol.

sgt.falconca
10-30-2012, 10:52 PM
I am NOT happy,I went to get my copy today and found out the AC3 PC don't come out untill Nov 20th,and when I pre-ordered i wasn't told that.

whitestar85
10-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Originally yes, the stated word was simultaneous release on PC and console. Here's an interview from March that often comes up...

http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1221571p1.html

GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...

RC-1025
10-31-2012, 02:50 AM
Main stream advertising did not show a change of release date for PC at all. As of today even on TV commercials show that today 10/302012 was the release date for all platforms not oopps sorry PC gamers have to wait again . (can't speak for the UK) If a major corp. is going to make a drastic change as such they need to make an effort to inform the entire customer base not just a few that have unlimited time to search such things out on obscure forums or blogs that have no significance to anyone

Mizouki_Go
10-31-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm really, really, frustrated. A friend told me that he was playing AC III and I was like " oh wtf dude already ?? " So yeah I rushed to buy the game ( pc version ) and then I saw in the mail... release 22th november. When I'll be able to play this game everybody will have finish it, I will probably be spoiled before the release too lol. And of course I didn't see how to cancel my purchase in order to buy on ps3 , I feel so ***ed.

ps : sorry if my english is bad I'm not a native speaker

CompiZerat
10-31-2012, 12:00 PM
now the hard part is not watching streams, reviews, etc. all because we have to wait ANOTHER FRIGGIN MONTH!!!!!
I started on the xbox 360 with ACI (was xbox xclusive back then) and continued on the xbox until revelations, that was the first AC game I bought for pc, why?
Cause I didn't feel like paying another € 60 every year just to keep playing online (which wasn't/isn't!? very stable as well).
So my switch to pc hurts me more than it gains me anything since the graphics aren't that xtremely different from the console versions, maybe a little polllished but nothing mind blowing AND I have to wait almost an entire month longer to play this game.
tnx ubi for flipping the bird on pc gamers.
Why'd you think ppl start pirating...

RobYates76
10-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Strangely when I pre-ordered back in March we were all told that the PC release date would be the same as the console date, it doesn't seem to much later that the date changed, and I received no warning whatsoever, a email shot would have been nice, but no they couldn't even be bothered to do that, I've been waiting since March to play the game today, now I have to wait an extra month it seems, it really is so disappointing so those who say that it was never advertised as being released on 31 October, I suggest you get your facts straight, even gamespot had an interview with Ubisoft PR saying PC release date was going to be 31 October, and that there was going to be no delays with the PC release, seems Ubisoft have a problem with keeping to the truth

FourTotal
10-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Their own press release has the PC game as released as well but we all know that is false. Correct me if i am wrong but teh way i read that press release it states the game as being out.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/721357-Ubisoft%C2%AE-makes-history-with-the-release-of-assassin%E2%80%99s-creed%C2%AE-III

Wont matter to me since i wont buy it for reasons that will be posted.

CompiZerat
10-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Their own press release has the PC game as released as well but we all know that is false. Correct me if i am wrong but teh way i read that press release it states the game as being out.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/721357-Ubisoft®-makes-history-with-the-release-of-assassin’s-creed®-III
Wont matter to me since i wont buy it for reasons that will be posted.

I think you didn't read it through buddy it clearly states
Assassin’s Creed III will be available on Wii U™ from Nintendo as a launch title on November 30 and on Windows PC November 23. first line third paragraph
but it still suck cause I also was under the impression that I'd get to play the game yesterday until I googled it the day before.

Strangely when I pre-ordered back in March we were all told that the PC release date would be the same as the console date, it doesn't seem to much later that the date changed, and I received no warning whatsoever, a email shot would have been nice, but no they couldn't even be bothered to do that, I've been waiting since March to play the game today, now I have to wait an extra month it seems, it really is so disappointing so those who say that it was never advertised as being released on 31 October

So I agree with you robyates76 my preorder doesn't even guarantee them telling me that release has been postponed, so why on earth are we still supporting this company. :(

FourTotal
10-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Writing this:

Ubisoft® announced today that the highly anticipated video game, Assassin’s Creed® III, is now available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment.

Followed with a disclaimer further down that is buried in fine print is still MISLEADING. I dont care really but am enjoying you all moan about the game lmao.

RobYates76
10-31-2012, 01:25 PM
To be honest this was my very first pre-order from Ubisoft, I only got into AC the past year while I was extremely ill and unable to go out, but loved the series that much that I just had to see how it ended, when I received the original email back in March it came as a countdown promo for AC3, I thought at first it would come out in March lol, but when I saw it was a pre-order I thought, ok I'll pre-order it then, even my wife promised I could have it as an belated birthday present (my birthday being in May) so I made the pre-order for the version with the statue in, thought may as well go the whole hog this time around and look forward to its arrival on halloween, we were promised back then cross-platform release, now to rub salt into my already open wounds, the voucher that was suppose to come with my game arrived in my email box this morning, think its going to be a long time before I see any chance to use it though, nothing on the ubishop even caught my attention, although I am sad at the way we PC gamers have been treated, I suppose we really do have no choice but to hang on for the official release, which I hope will be this year, since the story of the entire series has been based in the year 2012, being forced to play it in 2013 would just feel wrong to me

vanjovin45
11-01-2012, 12:54 AM
i think it is crap that we have to wait an extra 4 weeks just to play a game that the other consoles already have thats stupid come on :mad: so why do they punish us anyone have an idea

kencarter1944
11-01-2012, 12:57 AM
It was was my birthday today and I have been looking forward to recieving Assassion`s Creed 3 all bloody month via Steam,
only to find it has been shifted to next month. I am so bloody pissed off by Ubisoft!

soccer06
11-01-2012, 05:35 AM
This is what Ubisoft does. At the end of the day, it`s all about the $$$ and not player loyalty. Will I buy AC 3 for PC on November 20? Of course I will. Will I buy other games on PC from Ubisoft? I highly doubt it.

RobYates76
11-01-2012, 03:46 PM
I know how you feel soccer06, I'm now stuck with a voucher I will have to seriously think long and hard about before I ever use, I've seen others blame the stores for not updating the release information, however in my case, I pre-ordered direct from the Ubisoft store page, considering I'm always getting sent info on AC3 don't you think it would have been nice for them to alert me to a date change somewhere along the line? Talking of the Ubishop page, is it me or have they recently rehauled the whole site?, I can't seem to find the PC downloadable games any more, I was trying to find it so I might find some use for the voucher I have.

soccer06
11-02-2012, 05:48 AM
I know how you feel soccer06, I'm now stuck with a voucher I will have to seriously think long and hard about before I ever use, I've seen others blame the stores for not updating the release information, however in my case, I pre-ordered direct from the Ubisoft store page, considering I'm always getting sent info on AC3 don't you think it would have been nice for them to alert me to a date change somewhere along the line? Talking of the Ubishop page, is it me or have they recently rehauled the whole site?, I can't seem to find the PC downloadable games any more, I was trying to find it so I might find some use for the voucher I have.

The problem is the stores are paranoid because of Ubisoft's actions. Ubisoft, at least with PC games, always says one thing concerning the release date and then changes it. The stores don't want to keep changing it because then it reflects poorly on them.

The main problem I see with Ubisoft and PC release dates is that they change them. If you know that the PC version will release 3 weeks later on November 20 (November 23rd if you're over the pond), then tell us from the start that this is the case. We may still grumble and complain a bit, but at least you were upfront with us. When Ubisoft promises a certain release date and then pushes it back, it makes us (or me at least), think that they are either incompetent or trying to hide something. Before (I think it was AC II), they said the delay was due to optimization but in reality, it was due to the DRM. Now there is no DRM in AC III, but they again claim that the release of the PC version is delayed due to optimization. I really want to believe that that is the case. However, why the need for delay? Why can't they release it at the same time as the XBOX 360 and PS3 versions if it is only due to optimization? And why did they promise one date and then push it back? Is there no communication within their corporate organizational structure?

And please allow me to say one more thing: Why do they not give us a straight answer, right here on the forums? The moderators here do a fantastic job at keeping us updated, but they can only know, and do, so much. If Ubisoft wants to protect its reputation, they should have a representative of the company post on the forums. Especially for something as serious as pushing back the release date of only one version of the game.