PDA

View Full Version : I Am New To Assassin's Creed ... Start At Beginning Or #3

moelarrycurly
10-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately I never played AC series but after seeing AC3 I can resist no longer.

Should I start with #3 or go back to beginning. I'd like to be a purist but, we all know how juvenile old edititions can sometimes be!

pablo2977
10-30-2012, 01:58 PM
I think you should start with one but at least look them up online if you don't want to play them

JACKofA11TradeZ
10-30-2012, 01:59 PM
In my personal opinion and probably the opinion of a few others, start from game one just so you can see the story unfold and how the games have progressed.

Mad_Fox84
10-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately I never played AC series but after seeing AC3 I can resist no longer.

Should I start with #3 or go back to beginning. I'd like to be a purist but, we all know how juvenile old edititions can sometimes be!
Start from AC 2 at least to get a greater understanding of the story. Personally I never actually completed the first one, as I guess I found it kinda repetative and boring . Assassins creed 2 and onwards really pulled me in. They improved it greatly. An alternative could be to purchase the encyclopedia and read it first.

xXRyzonXx
10-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Start with AC2, I think AC1 was very repetive and boring after a while, or if you wish to jump right into AC3 watch a recap video.. like IGN's Assassin's Creed in 5 minutes.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-30-2012, 02:32 PM
I'd say start with ACI

It was a bit repetitive and more confusing IMO than the others but it's the whole set up to the greater picture. ACII is where it finally opened up and basically lost most of the repetitiveness. It's still my favorite of the series in regards to the story. I'd say pick up Brotherhood and Revelations used so as to further the story and then finally hop into ACIII -- it's one of my favorite series in games both for gameplay and story which is why I HIGHLY recommend starting with number one and just sucking up the repetitiveness of the game -- it's still great fun free running in that game anyway :P

Chariflame
10-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Start with the first game. The overarching plotline is definitely worth it, and there's no rush to play ACIII. You can get the games for pretty cheap, too.

I really don't understand why anybody would skip games in such a plot-heavy series. :(

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 03:19 PM
To this day, I've still never played AC1 - my first game was the 3rd, AC Brotherhood. I loved it so much that I went & got AC2 to get the back story.
If I were you, I'd get AC3 & play it w/ the new character, Connor, and then if you like the whole AC thing, either go to the very first one w/ Altair, or at least start at AC2 with Ezio's trilogy: AC2, ACBrotherhood & ACRevelations.

I'll probably eventually play the first one, but with my money constraints & other game interests, I just haven't gotten to it and won't for awhile yet & I'm ok with that. You won't miss what you don't know.

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Start with the first game. The overarching plotline is definitely worth it, and there's no rush to play ACIII. You can get the games for pretty cheap, too.

I really don't understand why anybody would skip games in such a plot-heavy series. :(

I understand why - - sometimes money is an issue as it was for me.... I only got ACB becuz it was a toss up btwn that & a previous Halo game & I was sick of Halo. I didn't know it was story intensive at the time other than a friend of mine suggesting I start at least w/ AC2 for the story the leads up to it. I didn't have the $ for both so I got ACB.
I kinda liked backtracking in AC2 - it started making ACB much clearer as it went on. Either way it was fine for me. I enjoyed them even out of order. :)

The same thing happened w/ Mass Effect - I got Mass Effect 2 becuz it came w/ my Xbox console & still haven't played the first one.
No biggy for me, I LOVED ME2 & I'm fine not playing ME1. Maybe I'm just weird like that

shinyFezzan
10-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Start with AC 1, they say AC 3 is the best place to jump in but just ignore them and start with 1 you won't regret it.

Well you might but do it anyway.

ProdiGurl
10-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Just asking - - to people who say to start w/ AC1.... how long will it take to buy & play all 4 games before he can get to AC3? I'd want to play AC3 while everyone else is starting it & join in with that instead of going to the older ones first. I wouldn't do it that way even if it made the most sense. (even if money was no issue)

NinjaOnFire
10-30-2012, 03:41 PM
20 hours each playtime, more if you really pay attention. As long as you don't go insane for the MP achievements on ACB and ACR you should be on AC3 by next christmas.