PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Kiev porting AC3 to PC - Ru-roh

iNvid22
10-30-2012, 07:29 AM
http://assassinscreed.su/news/aif_ukraina_beret_intervju_u_ubisoft_kiev/2012-05-15-157

I know previous AC games run exceptionally well and smooth, albeit being standard pc ports, but this time round there are some other factors to consider - mainly a new engine, bigger open world type game, and this will be the first time AC is utilising DX11. I know AC is Ubi's flagship franchise and releasing a poor quality product is something they do not want to do, but i don't have faith in Ubisoft Kiev.

Ubisoft Kiev's last 3 PC releases were:
1. 2011 - Driver: San Francisco (porting to PC)
2. 2011 - Assassin's Creed: Revelations (porting to PC)
3. 2012 - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (ported to the PC)

Let's take a look at some patch notes for the games they were responsible for porting to PC - this is just a selection of the serious stuff

Driver San Francisco patches:
- Fixed ALT+TAB feature: in some specific cases using ALT+TAB disrupt the normal game functionality
- Game now supports very high screen resolutions (up to 2560*1600)
- In some rare cases players may observe FPS stutter. This is now fixed.

AC Revelations patches:
-Crash Fix Fixed rare crash when the user is running from guards in a contested den district
-Crash Fix Fixed rare crash on end-game credits
-Crash Fix A user could crash at rematch in Artifact Assault on Mont Saint Michel map
-Crash Fix Four users could crash after the leader of a group chose to leave with his group
-Crash Fix User crashes when he continuously spams the stun and kill buttons [3/5]
-Crash Fix The game could crash in Galata for one player when chasing the target
-Crash Fix A user could crash when he quits muted by the ability.

Ghost Recon Future Soldier patches:
- Mouse + WASD keys not working for some configurations
- Mouse + Xbox 360 Controller: No need to unplug the pad, everything will work simultaneously;
- When you connect/disconnect pad on-the-fly, the key icons will change during the next pop up (the game will display pad icons if the pad is connected).
- Graphics improved;
- Compatibility, performance, stability, graphics improvements and more - taking your feedback directly into account;
- Improved FPS on all configurations;
- Fixes for several stability issues during map loading;
- God-Rays no longer disappear

Driver San Fran was a poor port with minimal options, poor performance and stuttering. Revelations was the first game in the series where performance was poor at times (big FPS drops near the docks). And the inclusion of DX11 after seeing the absolute horrifying state GRFS was in several months after release has just shattered all confidence i had for AC3 on PC. I might be jumping ahead here but i've had to adjust my expectations after hearing this news, i guess you guys should too. I cant see AC3 on PC being a solid product at launch.

dex3108BL
10-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Well i didn't have any issues with Driver or ACR with or without those patches. Everything worked really good. I don't have Ghost Recon so i can't tell anything about performances.

Beylous
10-30-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm still pretty hopeful. But Future Soldier was an absolutely horrid release. Check out it's forum, there's a TON of unhappy people, even after multiple patches which apparently didn't really fix anything. But, like I said, I'll be in line for AC3 when it's released.

MaceMagoo
10-30-2012, 05:10 PM
I had no problems with ACR and Driver but GRFS was and still is awful. I really hope they don't screw this up....

andreja110s
10-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Of the games you mentioned I play only ACR, and I installed just patch 1.01 and I have no problems...

Khoserkenovich
10-31-2012, 06:08 AM
No problems with Driver? Haha, the game had inferior graphics to the console versions. It had many missing effects like HDR, film grain, the headlights in the Crown Victoria that didn't work, it also had a huge framerate drop with v-sync turned off and it didn't support resolutions higher than 2560*1600 (who the hell add this kind of limit nowadays anyway?). Ubisoft Kiev is one of the most disgusting developers that exist in the industry as they can't make a port that works and I have no faith in the AC III port. After Future Soldier, I find it very unlikely I'll ever buy any Ubisoft PC port if they are involved in it somehow.

Dizlol
10-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Kinda worried as well, even though all the AC ports were pretty good, but what i have heard from GRFS it's pretty terrible indeed.

AnthonyA85
10-31-2012, 04:15 PM
In my experience, ACR was pretty good performance wise.

I've not played Driver or Future Soldier (not a fan of driving games or FPS games), so i'm hopful AC3 won't be a disaster.

YazX_
10-31-2012, 10:10 PM
why do i have a feeling that AC3 will be delayed again like ACB and AC2?!

i hope i'm wrong but AC2 and ACB were gr8 ports, but ACR was not, it was playable though.

GRFS is a disaster, patches fixed some issues but the entire game is broken and need to be rebuilt from scratch, so no patch can fix it on PC. i dont think its kiev's fault, its how the game is designed and coded in the first place, so the blame should be redirected on the team who developed it.

Driver SF was playable, same as ACR.