PDA

View Full Version : Naval Free Roam?

WilderaWild
10-29-2012, 01:52 AM
Is there Naval Free Roam or not? http://www.gameinformer.com/games/assassins_creed_iii/b/xbox360/archive/2012/06/06/eastern-seaboard-is-an-entirely-new-ac-iii-gameplay-zone.aspx This article pretty much says so... I have been hearing otherwise though. So is it in the game? If not, it should totally be included. Even if it's a small area. Would also be cool if you could land on small islands or something...

tjbyrum1
10-29-2012, 02:10 AM
I've heard it two different ways as well friend.

But I've heard from the people who got it early that you just accept a mission and it places you in the mission area, and you can free-roam in that area, which is quite large, but it isn't the free-roam we're accustomed to.

tre289
10-29-2012, 02:11 AM
I have brought this up myself many times now, and I could not agree with you more.

Apparently it is not. Apparently it is mission/side mission restricted only.. to which I say.. absolutely poor decision Ubi team. Seriously...

I mean.. I could do without landing on island or even getting off of the boat while sailing, but to not not be able to sail on an open stretch of sea whenever I please without being screwed over due to mission/side mission constraints like: Dont get to far from this guy, or.. target escaped. because all I wanted to do was have some fun, is a very very sad move by Ubi, especially with how much they spoke about it, and how it was said by them at time that that is how it would be.

If not at initial release... It should absolutely be released in some from of extra content DLC in the future to permit the use of it as you please.

tjbyrum1
10-29-2012, 02:16 AM
I think it's more along the lines of this:

You accept a mission, say "Destroy 3 British Battleships" and it puts you in a large region, and the 3 British ships are also roaming this ocean area. You can ignore those ships if you want to and aimlessly drive around as you wish, or you can do the mission... I think that's how it works. It does NOT restrict you or put you on rails or anything... it allows you to freely move and do what you want as far as I am aware.

I know a lot of us wanted it completely free-roam, regardless of mission choice or not, but I honestly don't understand why it's such a big deal considering this is an ASSSASSIN STEALTH game and is in no way shape or form suppose to be a Naval Warfare game... I mean yeah, it's there and it's doable, but it's not a priority in my opinion.

WilderaWild
10-29-2012, 02:25 AM
All I really want is a small area to show off naval free roaming, maybe with occasional pirates. Lets say a friends comes over. I would want to just hop in the boat and show what you can do in ships.

tre289
10-29-2012, 02:26 AM
I think it's more along the lines of this:

You accept a mission, say "Destroy 3 British Battleships" and it puts you in a large region, and the 3 British ships are also roaming this ocean area. You can ignore those ships if you want to and aimlessly drive around as you wish, or you can do the mission... I think that's how it works. It does NOT restrict you or put you on rails or anything... it allows you to freely move and do what you want as far as I am aware.

I know a lot of us wanted it completely free-roam, regardless of mission choice or not, but I honestly don't understand why it's such a big deal considering this is an ASSSASSIN STEALTH game and is in no way shape or form suppose to be a Naval Warfare game... I mean yeah, it's there and it's doable, but it's not a priority in my opinion.

To me, it is an absolutely exciting feature that i wish to be able to fully explore and play with. It would provide me personally with so many extra hours of just random fun, and I know i'm not the only one. To me, it also does seem like a bit of a big deal because Assassins Creed isn't just about being the Assassin, and the stealth. Clearly Ubi loves to go out of their way to try and make the experience for whatever period of time they are portraying as authentic as possible, and for what they constantly speak of as a pivotal and influecial thing for that time period, and speaking about it as highly as they have been, almost seems like they should have atleast provided players the experience outside of missions.

Althought what you say, I do believe is how this is going to work. The only thing I am not fine with, is that I personally don't see that method really doing much justice for free-roam. Personally when I free-roam I would like to do so without having to worry about accidentally triggering a mission objective, or if only possible within a mission, then having to worry about like I said, staying within certain proximity of the enemy, or the enemy being on auto search and destroy, meaning as I am sailing about peacefully the only way the game permits, the enemy is chasing me down to a point where I have no choice but to destroy them, thus finishing the mission, and having to do so all over agian to sail around as I please.

I;ve heard what you are saying right now is true and how it is going to work mission wise and whatnot with naval, but i really don't see it going that way, as I have a very strong feeling that the missions.side mission which are the only means of sailing, will have those types of parameters which ould essentially restrict the "free-roam"

I hope that make sense, it's not that easy trying to get my point across on this and how I view things turning out in this aspect.

tjbyrum1
10-29-2012, 02:31 AM
To me, it is an absolutely exciting feature that i wish to be able to fully explore and play with. It would provide me personally with so many extra hours of just random fun, and I know i'm not the only one. To me, it also does seem like a bit of a big deal because Assassins Creed isn't just about being the Assassin, and the stealth. Clearly Ubi loves to go out of their way to try and make the experience for whatever period of time they are portraying as authentic as possible, and for what they constantly speak of as a pivotal and influecial thing for that time period, and speaking about it as highly as they have been, almost seems like they should have atleast provided players the experience outside of missions.

Althought what you say, I do believe is how this is going to work. The only thing I am not fine with, is that I personally don't see that method really doing much justice for free-roam. Personally when I free-roam I would like to do so without having to worry about accidentally triggering a mission objective, or if only possible within a mission, then having to worry about like I said, staying within certain proximity of the enemy, or the enemy being on auto search and destroy, meaning as I am sailing about peacefully the only way the game permits, the enemy is chasing me down to a point where I have no choice but to destroy them, thus finishing the mission, and having to do so all over agian to sail around as I please.

I;ve heard what you are saying right now is true and how it is going to work mission wise and whatnot with naval, but i really don't see it going that way, as I have a very strong feeling that the missions.side mission which are the only means of sailing, will have those types of parameters which ould essentially restrict the "free-roam"

I hope that make sense, it's not that easy trying to get my point across on this and how I view things turning out in this aspect.

I'm not going to disagree with you friend, and I to expected free-roam in the way we all wanted. But once I started hearing what I've heard these past few days, I didn't complain cause it is a stealth/assassination game firtst and foremost, not a naval warfare game.

But.... I start to wonder, what happens after you finish every mission? Like... wonder if you can free-roam then or will it be forever gone until you relive memories or start a new game...

Surely Ubi isn't going to do that, right? I honestly believe you can free-roam... but don't hold me to it... but when Tuesday comes, we'll know the truth.

tre289
10-29-2012, 02:34 AM
I'm not going to disagree with you friend, and I to expected free-roam in the way we all wanted. But once I started hearing what I've heard these past few days, I didn't complain cause it is a stealth/assassination game firtst and foremost, not a naval warfare game.

But.... I start to wonder, what happens after you finish every mission? Like... wonder if you can free-roam then or will it be forever gone until you relive memories or start a new game...

Surely Ubi isn't going to do that, right? I honestly believe you can free-roam... but don't hold me to it... but when Tuesday comes, we'll know the truth.

Yeah.. that was another question I've been trying to ask for the past week or so.

Which is why I strongly believe that if the free-roaming isn't as Ubi basically claimed it was going to be, or sort of led us to believe it was going to be, then in the future, fixing that with some content update DLC enabling and permitting it, then they should absolutely do it.

tjbyrum1
10-29-2012, 02:38 AM
I think it is free-roam without a doubt. Most of the people who have said it isn't have also said they only focused on the story and have yet to do any side missions, so we still don't have a clear answer. I just don't see Ubi disabling Naval Combat after all side-missions are done, cause that's a waste.

tre289
10-29-2012, 02:39 AM
Here's hoping. ...

Roughly a day left to find out for me, and It's killing me.

xLUSTx4xBLOODx
10-29-2012, 02:40 AM
can you say DLC:confused: ask for free roam and maybe they will put a dlc for it i want free roam on multiplayer you and friends just chill in boston and talk tactic's before going to a match or just run around killing each other for fun any one here want to see that ?

tre289
10-29-2012, 02:47 AM
can you say DLC:confused: ask for free roam and maybe they will put a dlc for it i want free roam on multiplayer you and friends just chill in boston and talk tactic's before going to a match or just run around killing each other for fun any one here want to see that ?

Althought I can see why Naval isn't implemented at all for multiplayer, I see no excuse to not include an actual free-roam mechanic with the naval mechanics for singleplayer, since... it pretty much is there, just don't restrict it to missions, still allow the fighter ships, trade ships any any other ships that would have been sailing around normally during missions to sail about scattered on the sea so as to not leave it completely dead, voila. Naval free-roam done. Allow the player to go to their ship, and choose to sail out in free-roam. have it place them in the sea, and off they go to have their fun.

Why it seems no one had the bright idea to do this initially baffles me.

like I said, if Ubi didn't do it this way, they should get on it for future DLC. Without a doubt.

tjbyrum1
10-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Holy **** Lust 4 Blood, that's a good ****ing idea! Multiplayer naval combat!?!?!?

I'd totally buy Xbox LIVE again for that!!!

tre289
10-29-2012, 02:51 AM
Holy **** Lust 4 Blood, that's a good ****ing idea! Multiplayer naval combat!?!?!?

I'd totally buy Xbox LIVE again for that!!!

yeah, Ubi coult litereally release a standalone DLC for AC multiplayer Naval, and I would pay any number of microsoft points.

The same applied to if they were to release a free-roam naval DLC for singleplayer.. Although it should already be there, I'd pay.

dayoldhate
10-29-2012, 03:19 AM
i havent been able to figure this out myself as you only get access to the ship until sequence 5. it would seem that you can head down to the harbor master to use a ship as fast travel or take it out for a mission. i would imagine that you could take the boat out at any point but that there is only a certain area to explore in

Black_Widow9
10-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Please use the Search feature before creating new Topics.
Thanks