PDA

View Full Version : Animus Inside of an Animus?

tjbyrum1
10-28-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't know how far back a person would be able to relive their ancestors memories, but for the sake of simplicity, we'll assume that a son could relive his father's memories.

Okay, so what would happen if you used an Animus within an Animus. For example, Desmond's son uses an Animus to relive Desmond's memories, but Desmond is also reliving memories through an Animus... so Desmond's son is using an Animus within an Animus, see what I mean? Or what if Desmond's grandson used an Animus within an Animus within an Animus, reliving his father's memories of usind Desmond in an Animus.

Do you think it'd have an effect on 'exposure' and thus make the person's 'Bleeding Effect' more powerful?

Lights Out Asia
10-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Inception..us

See what I did there?

I'm not sure what the limitations of an Animus would be with generations, but it would seem odd to use the animus to relive your father or grandfather's memories... I think that probably because it's still relatively fresh in history compared to going back hundreds of years. I would imagine the technology is fictionally there, but I'm not sure I'd see a huge use for it. As for the bleeding effect, I'd imagine it'd be the same as it is currently, no more or less powerful.

DavidPage
10-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Well... Alex did say that in the end of ACIII there isn't going to be the plot mechanic of having someone else viewing Desmond's memories (in his words "we don't have an Animus inside an Animus thing going on")

Lights Out Asia
10-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Well... Alex did say that in the end of ACIII there isn't going to be the plot mechanic of having someone else viewing Desmond's memories (in his words "we don't have an Animus inside an Animus thing going on")
I think he's just playing around with the idea, not saying that this is AC3's ending or anything. :P

DavidPage
10-28-2012, 06:46 PM
I think he's just playing around with the idea, not saying that this is AC3's ending or anything. :P

Oh, sorry I didn't mean to sound a smartass... I was just saying that in terms of "Desmond's Story", it's not gonna happen... In another context maybe, probably yes, but I mentioned it just so you know, if you missed it.

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 06:53 PM
I seem to remember someone (possibly Corey may) saying that it would not be possible to view the memories of your parents but we do know now that you CAN view the memories of your grandparents because of the events of The Chain.

MRNMRSPACER
10-28-2012, 07:09 PM
well if ur viewing someone who was in a animus via animus shouldnt be a problem because u would also be a descendant of the ancestors he is viewing right?

so if im right...someone could be in a animus watching desmonds memories!(this is just a sarcastic geuss)
lol

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Also isn't this more or less the same thing that was happening when Desmond was viewing Altair's life through Ezio watching Altair's life?

MRNMRSPACER
10-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Also isn't this more or less the same thing that was happening when Desmond was viewing Altair's life through Ezio watching Altair's life?
yeah exactly but that wasnt via animus that was via a encrypted object..but that would make it plausible

shanethebouncer
10-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Desomond's son wouldn't have to use Desmond's memories he could just go straight to Ezio, Connor etc...

tjbyrum1
10-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Desomond's son wouldn't have to use Desmond's memories he could just go straight to Ezio, Connor etc...

Okay. I know that, I wasn't saying he would have to. I was just bringing up this questionf or discussion to see what everyone else thought.

Never thought of that...

MRNMRSPACER
10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
right but he is saying..what if 100 years down hte road,someone views desmonds memory to see how he saved the world cause they need to do it again..would him being in hte animus hurt him?

tjbyrum1
10-28-2012, 07:57 PM
right but he is saying..what if 100 years down hte road,someone views desmonds memory to see how he saved the world cause they need to do it again..would him being in hte animus hurt him?

Exactly, I'm glad some of you understand my topic.

I didn't know if double-exposure to the Animus would make the subject have 'more Bleeding Effect' or whatever.

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Exactly, I'm glad some of you understand my topic.

I didn't know if double-exposure to the Animus would make the subject have 'more Bleeding Effect' or whatever.
If it's a century down the road, theres a hundred years where they could have cured the bleeding effect, even a decades a strech, because in less than a year in game, we've gone from the Animus 1.28 to the Animus 3.0