PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite quote in Assassin's Creed? [Spoilers]

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 05:47 AM
Mine is in my signiture :)

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
Ezio Auditore da firenza

Assassin_N111
10-28-2012, 05:52 AM
"It feels like there's something coiled like a snake deep inside of me, and it's waiting to get out..."

Kestrel_OvO
10-28-2012, 06:13 AM
Federico: It is a good life we lead, brother.

Ezio: The best.

F: May it never change.

E: And may it never change us.

DAFOC
10-28-2012, 06:18 AM
"Ezio. Come in, come in. I kill you if you don't."

A but of a SPOILER

"Why. are. you. speaking. so. slow."

All of Altair's and Malik's conversations. A Maria.

"Well done Assassin." After she explains how Altair gave the Christians and Muslims a reason to unite against them.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 06:20 AM
I love Bartemenlao, spelling?

DAFOC
10-28-2012, 06:22 AM
"Duccio, a pleasure."

"My sister knows how to wield a knife."
"And I'm ready to do it again."

JediJabroni
10-28-2012, 06:22 AM
When Ezio first encounters Caterina in Forli...

LEONARDO: Ezio! Do you know who that is!?
EZIO: My latest conquest.

MRsmith1994
10-28-2012, 06:31 AM
You will not leave this place alive traitor

i am no traitor...for i cannot betray those who i never truly love

then you are doubly wretched for you have been living a lie

altair and haras the crusader

HareyMon
10-28-2012, 06:59 AM
I would like to quote caterina sforza from the forli dlc but I think I would get banned.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 07:01 AM
I would like to quote caterina sforza from the forli dlc but I think I would get banned.
Ya think?

Kestrel_OvO
10-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Yeah, because posting a quote from the game will get you banned...

"You want my children? Take them! I have the instrument to make more!"

Skip to 0:40 :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_QzwOFRW0o

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 07:21 AM
Yeah, because posting a quote from the game will get you banned...

"You want my children? Take them! I have the instrument to make more!"

Skip to 0:40 :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_QzwOFRW0o
I think he means the part where she goes on a swearig rant and you sneak into fjorli

Kestrel_OvO
10-28-2012, 07:26 AM
Ah, I'm replaying AC II but I haven't gotten up to the DLC yet so... :p

My bad.

Matty7Ice
10-28-2012, 07:29 AM
I love Bartemenlao, spelling?

Ahh yes. Bartolomeo d'Alviano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yE3bXMMS8
LOL.

That is what I would say to the French retailers:cool:

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 07:31 AM
ahh yes. Bartolomeo d'alviano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ye3bxmms8
lol
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Phoenix_Bombsh
10-28-2012, 07:40 AM
He who increasth knowledge Increaseth sorrow.

raytrek79
10-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Machiavelli "...We were certain you were dead"
Ezio "Not yet, I am still very much alive"

I also found it funny when he said "I seek those who lead the followers of Romulus" ah, you mean...Romulus?

Then the ugly Captain at the begining of Revelations "Requiescat in pacé Bastardo!"

I also like the songs he sings about Ceseré when he is dressed as a Minstrel, in Revelations.

Moultonborough
10-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Altair :Safety and peace Malik.
Malik:Your presence denies me both.

End of game:: Altair Safety and peace Malik
Malik: Your presence delivers us both.

Sickull
10-28-2012, 10:12 AM
"It's over Rodrigo, No more tricks, No more ancient artifacts, No more weapons let us see what you are made of old man,"

SevereAtrophy
10-28-2012, 10:46 AM
"England is not in Europe actually, Rebecca. We, we tolerate Europe, you know? Like, like a person tolerates herpes."
―Shaun to Rebecca in Monteriggioni.

CkSwtos
10-28-2012, 10:59 AM
"What is a man but the sum of his memories, we are the stories we live, the tailes we tell our selves"
~Clay Kazmareck to Desmond in Animus island.

Kestrel_OvO
10-28-2012, 11:19 AM
"The Auditore are not dead! I'm still here! Me! Ezio! Ezio Auditore!"
- Ezio Auditore (obviously...) after killing Uberto Alberti

Muzza8391
10-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Mine would be.
The Maxim

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

But I always loved the conversation between Altiar and Al Muliam.

Muzza8391
10-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Or this

"They Won't find me, I'm not but a blade in the crowd"
Altair

Chissy123
10-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Che nessuno ricordi il tuo nome. Requiescat in pace.

(May no one remember your name.) (Rest in peace.)

-Ezio to Cesare Borgia

ACfan443
10-28-2012, 01:50 PM
My sig :D

xXMrGR1NCHXx
10-28-2012, 01:52 PM
"Who are you mesere?
Only the most interesting man in your life."

Gil_217
10-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Questions like this one are obviously very difficult to answer since there are so many valid answers and most people here are not even considering the best quotes, just the ones they remember and the ones they find funny and there's no problem with that as far as I'm concerned, since this is a very subjective topic.
I'll just mention some of the ones that I remember best and appreciate but it's obvious that I will forget some good ones that I can't remember now.
I will only do AC1 now, later I post my favorite quotes from the other games.

Assassin's Creed

Basically all the dialogs between Al Mualim and Altaïr in Assassin's Creed.

Now, one of the most badass quotes in the whole series by Altaïr : Either speak to me or speak to God.

Al Mualim: I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow ; Significance comes not from a single act, but the context in which it is performed, and the consequences borne of it. ; Information learned is more valuable then information given

King Richard : The people know not what they want. It's why they turn to men like us. ; We come into the world, kicking and screaming, violent and unstable. It is what we are, we can not help ourselves.

Abu’l to Altaïr : Is it so different from your own work? You take the lives of men and women -— strong in the conviction that their deaths will improve the lots of those left behind... a minor evil, for a greater good? We are the same.

Sibrand: Nothing. Nothing waits... and that is what I fear.

There are many more quotes who should be mentioned from this game, but I just can't remember them all.

Muzza8391
10-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Questions like this one are obviously very difficult to answer since there are so many valid answers and most people here are not even considering the best quotes, just the ones they remember and the ones they find funny and there's no problem with that as far as I'm concerned, since this is a very subjective topic.
I'll just mention some of the ones that I remember best and appreciate but it's obvious that I will forget some good ones that I can't remember now.
I will only do AC1 now, later I post my favorite quotes from the other games.

Assassin's Creed

Basically all the dialogs between Al Mualim and Altaïr in Assassin's Creed.

Now, one of the most badass quotes in the whole series by Altaïr : Either speak to me or speak to God.

Al Mualim: I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow ; Significance comes not from a single act, but the context in which it is performed, and the consequences borne of it. ; Information learned is more valuable then information given

King Richard : The people know not what they want. It's why they turn to men like us. ; We come into the world, kicking and screaming, violent and unstable. It is what we are, we can not help ourselves.

Abu’l to Altaïr : Is it so different from your own work? You take the lives of men and women -— strong in the conviction that their deaths will improve the lots of those left behind... a minor evil, for a greater good? We are the same.

Sibrand: Nothing. Nothing waits... and that is what I fear.

There are many more quotes who should be mentioned from this game, but I just can't remember them all.

Like I said above the dialogue between Altair and Al Mualim is really good. Some of the best lines of script of the series are in AC1. Just from these two characters alone.

Soulid_Snake
10-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Ezio: "And why are you going to teach me how to kill?"

Paola: "I'm not. I'm going to teach you how to survive? "

When Paola was talking to Ezio about becoming an Assassin.

Luckily for me it was on the top of Paola's wikia page.

Lights Out Asia
10-28-2012, 06:43 PM
I loved the very last things Ezio said in Revelations.
"I heard your name once before, Desmond, a long time ago. And now it lingers in my mind like an image from an old dream. I do not know where you are, or by what means you can hear me. But I know you are listening."
"I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon. And here, at last, I discover a strange truth. That I am only a conduit for a message that eludes my understanding. Who are we, who have been so blessed to share our stories like this? To speak across centuries? Maybe you will answer all the questions I have asked. Maybe you will be the one to make all this suffering worth something in the end."

Also loved the words from Connor's Story trailer, especially what Achilles says... "In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it." And the very awesome ending to the trailer,
Achilles: "Even those men you sought to save have turned their backs on you. Yet you fight, you resist, why?"Ratonhnhaké:ton: "Because no one else will!"

MRNMRSPACER
10-28-2012, 06:47 PM
my favorite is the last words of ezio!

IceHot100
10-28-2012, 08:34 PM

F: May it never change.

E: And may it never change us.

this and
favourite comic quote:
Bartolomeo:..In fact, there is a hole there so deep it reaches into the maledetto inferno! :P

Love this guy :D

Kaschra
10-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Clay Kaczmarek: What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live! The tales we tell ourselves!

Ezio: No books... no wisdom... Just you, fratello mio (my brother). Requiescat in pace, Altaïr.

Ezio: I heard your name once before, Desmond, a long time ago. And now it lingers in my mind like an image from an old dream. I do not know where you are, or by what means you can hear me. But I know you are listening."
"I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon. And here, at last, I discover a strange truth. That I am only a conduit for a message that eludes my understanding. Who are we, who have been so blessed to share our stories like this? To speak across centuries? Maybe you will answer all the questions I have asked. Maybe you will be the one to make all this suffering worth something in the end.

Ezio: When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. And now, the twilight of my life, this understanding has passed into contentment.
Love, liberty, and time: once so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward. And love, most especially, mio caro. For you, our children, our brothers and sisters. And for the vast and wonderful world that gave us life, and keeps us guessing. Endless affection, mio Sofia.
Forever yours,
Ezio Auditore

Clay: I can’t do it. Can I do it? Will it set me free from this endless ring of time? I feel the guillotine cut my throat, the bullet hit my chest, the water fill my lungs. The blood spills out thick and red. It’s time to get out.

Clay: Ah, the moon. I can see the stars. My mind is gone. Lucy, I can’t wait any longer. I’m ready to go. She sees me raise the knife.

Desmond: Ah, good old Subject 16. He repainted my room, y'know... with his blood!

Mario: Don't you recognize me? It's a-me, Mario!

Sibrand: Nothing. Nothing waits. And that's what I fear.

Clay: I’m here. I have to stay here until you understand! Listen. Why do we have these gifts, these abilities? Because it’s in our blood.

Federico: May it never change.
Ezio: And may it never change us.

Ezio: Non temete l'oscurità - accettate il suo abbraccio. Requiescant in Pace. (Fear not the darkness - but welcome it's embrace. Rest in peace.)

Yusuf: Renowned Master and Mentor, Ezio Auditore de la la la!

Shaun: Hello Desmond - go away.

Desmond: Hey, wassa matta you, Altair?
Rebecca: That’s racist!
Desmond: You’re racist!

Clay: They can’t help you Desmond. You’re a broken man. Your mind, it’s…broken.
Desmond: Broken? I feel fine.
Clay: So did I! Look at me now!

Altair: Ah. The end of an era... When I was very young, I was foolish enough to believe that our Creed would bring an end to all these conflicts. If only I had possessed the humility to say to myself, I have seen enough for one life. I have done my part. Then again, there is no greater glory than fighting to find the truth.

Al Mualim: For in much wisdom, is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.

Al Mualim: Impossible! The student does not defeat the teacher...
Altaïr: Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. (Nothing is true, everything is permitted.)
Al Mualim: So it seems. You have won then. Go, and claim your prize.
Altaïr: You held fire in your hand, old man. It should have been destroyed.
Al Mualim: Destroy the only thing capable of ending the Crusades and creating true peace? Never.
Altaïr: Then I will.
Al Mualim: We'll see about that.

End of game:: Altair Safety and peace Malik
Malik: Your presence delivers us both.

Basically everything Bartolomeo syas. It's just hilarious XD
Oh, and all of Minstrel Ezio's songs xD

Theassassin4756
10-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Desmond: "Hey wassa matta you Altair?"

Rebbeca: "That's Racist."

Desmond: "You're Racist. "

Kaschra
11-17-2012, 10:22 PM
*SPOILERS* FOR AC3 *SPOILERS*

Shaun: We hear it today too -- that matters of civil rights and equality must wait. There are conflicts to settle, economies to salvage. What do any of these things matter if the people are not free and equal? ALL of them?

Ziio: Why. are. you. speaking. so. slow?

Haytham: And now I'm going to feed you teeth.

Ratonhnhaké:ton: Please, all I ask is a moment of your time...
Achilles: I apologize if I've been unclear - or otherwise confused you with my words, it was never my intention to mislead. So let me try to clarify: GET THE HELL OFF MY LAND!

Ratonhnhaké:ton: My name is Ratonhnhaké:ton.
Achilles: Right. Well, I'm not even going to try and pronounce that.

Haytham: Even when your kind appears to triumph ... Still we rise again. And do you know why? It is because the Order is born of a realization. We require no creed. No indoctrination by desperate old men. All we need is that the world be as it is. And THIS is why the Templars will never be destroyed.

Haytham: Don't think I have any intention of caressing your cheek and saying I was wrong. I will not weep, and wonder what might have been. I'm sure you understand. Still, I'm proud of you in a way. You have shown great conviction, strength, courage, all noble qualities. I should have killed you long ago.

Rebecca: Didn't Subject 16...
Desmond: His name was Clay.

Thomas Hickey: Thing is, boy, I can have what I seek, had it even. You... your hands will always be empty.

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Haytham: I expected Naivete, but this ?

TheHumanTowel
11-17-2012, 10:46 PM
It's in my sig but I'll post the whole speech because I love it.

"Even when your kind appears to triumph still we rise again. And do you know why? It's because the Order was born of a realisation. We require no creed. No indoctrination by desperate old men. All we need is that world be as it is. And THIS is why the Templars will never be destroyed."

WarriorAegis
11-17-2012, 10:57 PM
I have many.

AC2
Ezio: "I hate these awkward moments. Should I come to you? Should you come to me?"
Ezio: "Well, you're certainly well-fed."
Ezio: "What? You need your Capo's permission?"
Mario: "You are not Vieri, do not become him." <- I love this one because it's so true. Don't become like your enemies.

AC1
Altair: "Give me names and I'll give you blood."

ACB
Guy Near the last Romulus Lair: "Did you see that white knight?"
Same Guy after you beat it: "There he goes again!"
Roderigo Borgia: "It was not my decision to attack Monttergoni; it was yours! It's time you took responsibility for your actions." <- I love this one.

AC3
Haytham: "Well, I WAS leaving... but now I'm going to feed you your teeth."
Connor: "If either of you follow me (I forgot what else) I will kill you!"

General
"I suppose I should find a way to stay in shape, too."
"That man is going to hurt himself, and when he does, I won't help him."
"He must be late... and she must be beautiful!"
"What would make a man perform such... Ah! A woman must be involved!"
"Uhh... should we do something about him?" <- Guard reaction to Ezio climbing, my FAVORITE by far. It's so hilarious. XD

I have others, but I can't think of them right now.

naran6142
11-18-2012, 12:12 AM
I have many.

AC2
Ezio: "I hate these awkward moments. Should I come to you? Should you come to me?"
Ezio: "Well, you're certainly well-fed."
Ezio: "What? You need your Capo's permission?"
Mario: "You are not Vieri, do not become him." <- I love this one because it's so true. Don't become like your enemies.

AC1
Altair: "Give me names and I'll give you blood."

ACB
Guy Near the last Romulus Lair: "Did you see that white knight?"
Same Guy after you beat it: "There he goes again!"
Roderigo Borgia: "It was not my decision to attack Monttergoni; it was yours! It's time you took responsibility for your actions." <- I love this one.

AC3
Haytham: "Well, I WAS leaving... but now I'm going to feed you your teeth."
Connor: "If either of you follow me (I forgot what else) I will kill you!"

General
"I suppose I should find a way to stay in shape, too."
"That man is going to hurt himself, and when he does, I won't help him."
"He must be late... and she must be beautiful!"
"What would make a man perform such... Ah! A woman must be involved!"
"Uhh... should we do something about him?" <- Guard reaction to Ezio climbing, my FAVORITE by far. It's so hilarious. XD

I have others, but I can't think of them right now.

when does ezio say that first one?

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 12:13 AM
when does ezio say that first one?
Taunting in fights..

joaomuas
11-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Well, since most of the well known epic quotes from the previous games have already been said, I'll go with an AC3 one:

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T REACHED SEQUENCE 8 IN AC3!

​"I will not die today. The same cannot be said about you." - Connor to Thomas Hickey

MastaGengis
11-18-2012, 02:14 AM
"Thieving B@stard" is my current fave !? ( its all in the delivery)

Sickull
11-18-2012, 03:08 AM
"You should know better than this, dedicated as you are to fighting Templars who themselves see their work as just. Think on that the next time you insist your work alone befits the greater good, your enemy would beg to differ- and would not be without cause."- Benjamin Church

mazohystic
11-18-2012, 03:59 AM
"Sit down and rest a moment."

None of the characters said this but it was in the game, therefore it must be a quote. One of my favourites because it's been stuck in my head for a long time and I think of it every time anyone mentions Revelations. Okay some real quotes now. As you can tell, I have a lot of modern assassin feels. And Shaun is gold. So gold. I could quote him until the cows come home but I won't.

Clay: We are nothing.

Clay: Money isn't everything.

Clay: My mind is gone. Lucy, I can’t wait any longer. I’m ready to go.

Harold: Call me. Let me know you're okay.

Desmond: What. The. ****.

Lucy: Desmond. Shut. The ****. Up. ...Please.

Shaun: Did you miss me? No, anyone? Hello, am I speaking out loud, hello?

Shaun: What part of I AM BUSY don’t you understand? Is it the “I” bit? That refers to me. Is it the “am” bit? That’s like a “doing” thing. Is it - is it “I’m busy”? I’m busy!

Ezio: I am a tactless minstrel, I sing off-key for coins. If you spot me in the street, please kick me in the loins.

REST ARE AC3 SPOILERS. In wonderful #171717 for your highlighting pleasure.

Desmond: Hey, dad… When this is all over, can I.. You know.. Come home?
William: I would like nothing more.

Shaun: We hear it today too, that matters of civil rights and equality must wait. There are conflicts to settle, economies to salvage. What do any of these things matter if the people are not free and equal? All of them?

Shaun: England is not in Europe, Rebecca. We, we tolerate Europe, you know? Like, like a person tolerates herpes.

Shaun: Or you might cause this room to turn into an alien spaceship and fly away . Think about it.

Desmond: His name was Clay.

Haytham: I'm proud of you in a way. You have shown great conviction, strength, courage, all noble qualities.

Haytham: Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like me to come along and hold your hand, perhaps? Provide kind words of encouragement?

Haytham: Oh this is rich.

Hickey: I'm the type of guy, who likes to have a beer in one hand, and a titty in the other.

Desmond: You know it's true. It's already started, I need to do this now.

pirate1802
11-18-2012, 04:11 AM
"But I want to play with fire, father.."

Kaschra
11-18-2012, 04:17 AM
"Sit down and rest a moment."

None of the characters said this but it was in the game, therefore it must be a quote. One of my favourites because it's been stuck in my head for a long time and I think of it every time anyone mentions Revelations. Okay some real quotes now. As you can tell, I have a lot of modern assassin feels. And Shaun is gold. So gold. I could quote him until the cows come home but I won't.

Oh yeah... that one was just cruel and cynical. A moment, ha! Yeah right ;___;

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 04:19 AM
I found it fitting, really..

That Finally his work is done and that he can rest and remove all of his Burdens. I like to look at this moment as Altair`s Only moment of Content and relaxation...It was short and that`s what made it so novel

pirate1802
11-18-2012, 04:24 AM

That brings back all those feels.. :sadface:

mazohystic
11-18-2012, 04:43 AM
That brings back all those feels.. :sadface:

Sorry. :D

It seems that I forgot a quote that I just absolutely love. Don't remember seeing it in this thread yet so why not?

Ezio: Do not let a beautiful women distract you from constructing my designs.
Leonardo: Have no worries. Women provide little distraction.
Ezio: Wait... I don't get it.

TwoDents
11-18-2012, 04:57 AM
"Watta Mattah Altaïr?"

-Desmond

GLHS
11-18-2012, 08:58 AM
There's a lot of them from the previous games that have been mentioned in here and various other threads, and I feel it's time to start adding some AC3 quotes. For some reason I found certain things that Connor's mom and Connor himself did and/or said to be frickin hilarious. When Haytham's chasing Zio and he catches up to her, he tries talking while catching his breath and she's all "Why. Do. You. Talk. So. Slow.?" I just found it so sarcastic and it was great. And then when Connor finally gets into Achilles' place and the first thing he does is break the chair when he goes to sit. And all he can say is "....sorry...." He had a lot of other badass moments when killing certain people or making a statement that they were gonna die next. I just found Connor really enjoyable pretty much all the time lol.

NineteenHealer
11-18-2012, 11:44 AM
"Ma cosa?! Shoot! Shoot the flying demon!"
-Venice Guard

UnfortunateSon
11-18-2012, 12:19 PM
No books....No Wisdom...Just you, Fratello Mio.

Requiescat in Pace Altair.

Was so beautiful and poignant it brought a tear to my eye. It always comforted me to know that despite the pain and suffering Ezio and Altair endured during their lives losing those closest too them and the betrayals both suffered, they both died relatively peaceful deaths, and in Ezio's case, had a certain degree of happiness before he did, for he had found what he had always wanted and what he wished he had with Cristina, with Sofia.

kuled2012
11-18-2012, 01:03 PM
"He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow"

"9 lives in exchange for mine"

"Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine."

" Al Mualim: Destroy it! Destroy it as you said you would!
Altair: I...I can't"

"It is a good life we lead brother
The best, may it never change.
And may it never change us"

"THE AUDITORE ARE NOT DEAD!! I'M STILL HERE! ME! EZIO! EZIO AUDITORE!"

"It's a-me- Mario!"

"Remember- nothing is true and everything is permitted"

"Ezio: Respect? After all that's happened? Do you think he would have shown either of us such kindness?

"Mario: You are not Vieri. Do not become him."

Ezio's speech after assassinating Girolamo Savonarola. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4D8su84xRM)

"I thought...I thought I was beyond this....But I'm not. I've waited too long..Lost too much...Requiscate en pace you b*****d"

"Greetings Prophet, it is good you have come"

"Consider this an invitation from my family, to yours!"

"Ah, Roma."

"Someone my age.” Imbecille"

"Leonardo: Have no worries, women provide little distraction
Ezio: Wait, I don't get it"

"Father, do you not see? I control all of this. If I want to live, I live. If I want to take, I take. If I want you to die, you die!"

" Cesare: How did you find me!?
Ezio: The apple you stole from Mario Auditore led me here!"

"Sofia: Who are you messere?
Ezio: Only the most interesting man in your life."

"No books, no wisdom; Just you fratello mio Requiscate en pace Altair."

"When I was very young, I was foolish enough to believe that our Creed would bring an end to all these conflicts. If only I had possessed the humility to say to myself, I have seen enough for one life, I've done my part. Then again, there is no greater glory than fighting to find the truth."

Don't want to spoil AC3 and I don't know a lot of them at the moment, I'll post them later :)

UnfortunateSon
11-18-2012, 01:21 PM
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. Now, in the twilight of my life, misunderstanding has passed into contentment. Love, liberty, and time, once so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward."

This was so true as well.

This was a good one from Garnier in AC;

"Do you appease a crying child, simply because he wails? "But I want to play with fire, father." What would you say? "As you wish"? Ah, but then you'd answer for his burns."

And this one from Malik, the application to situations generally encountered in life are so poignant. If I was managing a sports team this would be our motto;

"We are one. As we share the glory of our victories, so too should we share the pain of our defeats. In this way we grow closer. We grow stronger."

xboxauditore
11-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Cesare Borgia had some amazing quotes.

"Father, do you not see? I control all of this, If I want to live, I live, If I want to take, I take, If I want you to die, YOU DIE!"

and the earlier conversation:

Rodrigo: "It is time you took responsibility for your actions!"

Cesare: "My Accomplishments! Despite the constant interference of failures like you!"

WarriorAegis
11-18-2012, 05:22 PM
"Sofia: Who are you messere?
Ezio: Only the most interesting man in your life."

Oh, I LOVE that quote. XD I want to use that line on a girl sometime.

Silhouelle
11-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Connors first time in Boston;

Achilles: "Don't stare!" smacks him lightly with his walking stick (if I remember right)
Connor: Looks at the ground "sorry..."

alientraveller
11-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Achilles:

"It was never intention to mislead or lead astray. So I'll say it simply: GET THE HELL OF MY LAND!"

"What's true and what is aren't always the same."

"You could've used a tree!"

Haytham:

"So I thought. And yet here you are."

"Got-gods zio."

"Even when your kind appears to triumph ... Still we rise again. And do you know why? It is because the Order is born of a realization. We require no creed. No indoctrination by desperate old men. All we need is that the world be as it is. And THIS is why the Templars will never be destroyed. [Stabbed in neck] Don't think I have any intention of caressing your cheek and saying I was wrong. I will not weep, and wonder what might have been. I'm sure you understand. Still, I'm proud of you in a way. You have shown great conviction, strength, courage, all noble qualities. I should have killed you long ago."

(All the last words were quite interesting in this game compared to previous ones. Charles Lee didn't get a final speech but his threat to Connor in the graveyard was bloodboilingly good, kinda like Bane's threat in the Pit in TDKR.)

Ziio:

"Why... are... you... talking... so... slowly?"

Oh, and I loved all the old school swearing, I laughed out loud when the old bloke in Lexington yelled "What the deuce!" The historical quotes were good of course, Israel Putnam and Ben Franklin being the stand outs (I was completely unaware of the latter's letter about older women until this game.)

kuled2012
11-18-2012, 07:29 PM
This Desmond quote in AC3 was epic.

Highlight below

Rebecca: I'm sorry Desmond I just don't know where your dad is.

Desmond: That's alright Rebecca. I do.
I instantly knew where I had to go.
Loved that one

WarriorPaint
11-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Thomas Hickey: I'm the type of guy who likes to have a beer in one hand...and a tea in the ova.

Connor: Where is Sam Adams?
Stephane Chapheau: Ooh Cals?!!

From one of Shaun's entries:
rope worker to a redcoat: You want a job? Go clean my sh!thouse.

Hilarious

mazohystic
11-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Thomas Hickey: I'm the type of guy who likes to have a beer in one hand...and a tea in the ova.

I have had a lot of awks moments today on the forums already. Tea not titty. Still a great quote from Hickey though. Would have had more respect for the brother if he said the latter though...

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Protester: "I will not be treated as a Slave"

What I like about this one is the Irony. He`s comparing himself to another Human who is enslaved. So you know that his life is crap and yet you raise yourself above slaves. Why exactly ? You want Freedom and yet deny it to another..

IronEagl3
11-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Robert de Sable : "Ironic isn't it? How I, your greatest enemy, kept you safe from harm. But now you've taken my life, and in the process, ended your own."

Honestly the greatest scene in all the AC games...for now, until I play AC3.

kuled2012
11-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Robert de Sable : "Ironic isn't it? How I, your greatest enemy, kept you safe from harm. But now you've taken my life, and in the process, ended your own."

Honestly the greatest scene in all the AC games...for now, until I play AC3.

Ohhh How can I forget that, I love when Altair says;
It is done then, your schemes - like you, are put to rest.

Kaschra
11-19-2012, 01:57 AM
I have had a lot of awks moments today on the forums already. Tea not titty. Still a great quote from Hickey though. Would have had more respect for the brother if he said the latter though...

Well, he SAID titty. I had the subtitles on ;)

Iamsosobad
11-19-2012, 02:29 AM
There's so many I love...this scene has some of my favorites

Cesare: The throne was mine!
Ezio: Wanting something does not make it your right.
Cesare: What do you know?
Ezio: That a true leader empowers the people he rules.
Cesare: I will lead mankind into a new world!
Ezio: Che nessuno ricordi il tuo nome. (May no one remember your name.) Requiescat in pace. (Rest in peace.)
Cesare: You cannot kill me. No man can murder me!
Ezio: Then I leave you in the hands of Fate.

Kaschra
11-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Connor: Why me?
Haytham: Because I said so!

This was so hilarious xD

MoonSmash
11-21-2012, 09:50 AM
"In your haste to save the world, boy, take care you don't destroy it."
―Achilles Davenport

Powawolf
11-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Salai:Ezio! use your gift!
Ezio:You know about this too?

Or Jupiter speech at the end of AC:R

TaleraRis
11-21-2012, 10:09 AM
"Ma cosa?! Shoot! Shoot the flying demon!"
-Venice Guard

That scene makes me laugh so hard. Just the tone of his voice and the hilarity of it all.

There are way too many other quotes to name. AC is a series chock full of great lines. The "Sit and rest a moment" while not a quote, always gets me choked up. *Anything* by Shaun is comedy gold.

I guess the first thing I thought of since I'm playing ACIII right now is "You could have used a TREE!"

mhg87
11-22-2012, 04:30 AM
Altair: "Go son, go be with your family, and live well"

Darim: "All that is good in me, began with you father"

You just know that had to be a painful moment for the both of them. Knowing that they would never see each other.

Jexx21
11-22-2012, 04:32 AM
For those who increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.

SSJ_ORF
11-22-2012, 07:32 AM
"Don't look at me like that. We're different, you and I! You're just some blind fool who's always chasin' butterflies. Where as I'm the tougher guy who likes to have a beer in one hand and a titty in the other. Thing is, boy, I can have what I seek. Had it, even. You? Your hands will always be empty." -Thomas Hickey

Kaschra
11-08-2013, 08:56 PM
*silently revives one year old thread*

Yeah, I want to add some quotes from AC4. Beware of the spoilers!

Edward: Yet here I am… with Riches and a Reputation, feeling no wiser that when I left Home. Yet when I turn around, and look at the course I've run… here's not a Man or Woman that I love left standing beside me.'

Thatch: Look, lad. I'm late into my fourth decade on this Earth. And if I don't find some means to make the fifth a quiet and cozy voyage, I'd rather sink to the devil's doorstep than call myself captain another year. We'll meet again, lad. In this world or the one below.

Edward: I hope you find a lasting peace... down there among the dead.

Anne: Edward... everyone's gone, aren't they? Mary. Rackham. Thatch. I miss them, rough as they were. Do you feel that, too? All empty inside, like.
Edward: I do. Devil curse me, I do.

Edward: So what'll you do with your share of the gold we take from governor Torres? Return to Africa? Prince among men?
Adéwalé: I cannot return to a place I have never been. I was born in Trinidad, a slave from my first breath.
Edward: Ah. But wouldn't you feel... I don't know... More welcome there?
Adéwalé: As you might feel more welcome in Paris?
Edward: Fair point.
Adéwalé: With this skin and this voice, where can I go in the world and feel at ease? This country here is my best chance. This country called Jackdaw, where I know the names of all citizens, and they know mine, and we work together. Not always out of love, but to keep our country afloat.
Edward: I think I understand ye. Let's take her, then. For the citizens of Jackdaw!

Edward: I suppose that's two men I've lost today. So... what's your real name, lass?
Mary: Mary Read to my mum. And them I call friends. But not a word of it to anyone. Or I'll unman you as well.

Soldier: Ah... uh... Please to repeat?
Hornigold: Oh, for ****'s sak'e.

Hornigold: Not a bad looking tinderbox you got there.
Edward: You sound a bit green, Hornigold. Is it envy? Because mine's bigger than yours?

Mary: Clamber on top of this thing here, will you? Help me solve something. Concentrate and focus all your senses. Look past shadow and sound, deep into matter, until you see and hear a kind of shimmering.
Edward: A shimmering.
Mary: You understand?
Edward: I think so. I've seen its like before. Glowing like moonlight on the ocean. Ah! Right. I know this feeling. I have since I was a lad. It's like using every sense at once, isn't it? To see sounds and hear shapes. Quite a combination.
Mary: Every man and woman on this Earth has in them a kind of intuition hidden deep away.

Thatch: Caution's nothing without charisma! For if a man plays the fool, then it's only fools he'll persuade. But appear to be the devil, and all men will submit.
Edward: And would you be the devil?
Thatch: For an audience, aye. It's all a big show. Give your quarry something to fear, some hellish thing from a fever'd dream, and men will drop to their knees pleading for their Lord before aught else!
Stede: Oh God...
Edward: Looks fine.
'Thatch: Course it does.

Adéwalé: What of Thatch, sir? Did he fall? Captain?
Edward: He drinks damnation.

Hornigold: You could've been a man who stood for something. But you've a killer's heart now, with nothing but mettle to show for all your blunders.
Edward: A damn sight better than you, Ben. The heart of a traitor, who thinks himself better than his mates!
Hornigold: Aye, and proven true! What have you done since Nassau fell? Nothing but murder and mayhem!
Edward: [furious] YOU THREW IN WITH THE VERY KIND WE ONCE HATED!
Hornigold: NO! These Templars are different, I wish you could see that. But if you continue on your present course, you'll find you're the only one walking it...with the gallows at its end!
Edward: It may be. But the world has one less snake in it. And that's enough for me.

There's more, but I'm too lazy to look for that right now lol

SixKeys
11-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Al Mualim: "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind. For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow." (Technically a Bible quote.)

"It's a-me, Mario!"

Altaïr: "I long for the day when men turn away from invisible monsters and once more embrace a more rational view of the world. But these new religions are so convenient - and promise such terrible punishment should one reject them - I worry that fear shall keep us stuck to what is surely the greatest lie ever told."

Malik: "Rest, prepare, cry in the corner. Do whatever it is you do before a mission. Only make sure you do it quietly."

Al Mualim: "What is the truth?"
Altair: "We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is. And hope that all mankind would see the same."
Al Mualim: "What is the world then?"
Altair: "An illusion; one which either we can submit to, as most do, or transcend."
Al Mualim: "What is it to transcend?"
Altair: "To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted; that laws arise not from divinity but reason. I understand now that our creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."

LoyalACFan
11-08-2013, 09:35 PM
In a world without gold, we might'a been heroes!

SleezeRocker
11-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Darim: "All that is good in me, began with you father"

I liked this one. I highly doubt most kids of today would be this kind lol
the closest I can say that is mostly mom since my parents are split she was the that mostly raised me lol

For me it's more of a speech but here goes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FThVFUzol2k

Farlander1991
11-08-2013, 09:40 PM
In all your Years out here, you could never achieve what I have done in one-fifth of the Time. Because you are a good Man, Edward. Goodness is your Disease...

SixKeys
11-08-2013, 09:49 PM

Love this speech too. Though the immediate "ka-ching!' at the end kind of ruins it, lol.

Kaschra
11-08-2013, 09:58 PM
I liked this one. I highly doubt most kids of today would be this kind lol
the closest I can say that is mostly mom since my parents are split she was the that mostly raised me lol

Definitely one of my favourite speeches by Ezio.

Ezio: The life of an assassin is pain, Jun. You suffer it, you inflict it, you watch it happen in the hope that you can make it disappear in time. A terrible irony, but there you go.
I love this one so much.

SleezeRocker
11-08-2013, 10:03 PM
@Sixkeys & Kaschra

Haha yeah ;)

ACfan443
11-08-2013, 10:04 PM

I really do love this speech, it's a fantastic example of his character progression.

Farlander1991
11-08-2013, 10:09 PM
That speech is one of the reasons I was glad to be a PC player, I personally feel like a lot of console players were left out without it in the course of the main narrative without the DLCs. Just makes so much more sense as a character defining moment than 'killing you won't bring my family back' (which is supposedly the defining moment if you don't have Bonfire).

BATISTABUS
11-08-2013, 10:15 PM
“Mother. Father. I am
sorry. I have failed you both. I made a promise
to protect our people, Mother. I thought if
I could stop the Templars, if I could keep the
revolution free from their influence, then
those I supported would do what was right.
They did, I suppose, do what was
right—what was right for them. As for you,
Father, I thought I might unite us, that we
would forget the past and forge a better future.
In time, I believed you could be made
to see the world as I do—to understand. But
it was just a dream. This, too, I should have
known. Were we not meant to live in peace,
then? Is that it? Are we born to argue? To
fight? So many voices—each demanding
something else.

“It has been hard at times, but never
harder than today. To see all I worked for
perverted, discarded, forgotten. You would
say I have described the whole of history,
Father. Are you smiling, then? Hoping I
might speak the words you longed to hear?
To validate you? To say that all along you
were right? I will not. Even now, faced as I
am with the truth of your cold words, I refuse.
Because I believe things can still
change.

“I may never succeed. The Assassins may
struggle another thousand years in vain. But
we will not stop.”

“Compromise. That’s what everyone has
insisted on. And so I have learnt it. But differently
than most, I think. I realize now that
it will take time, that the road ahead is long
and shrouded in darkness. It is a road that
will not always take me where I wish to
go—and I doubt I will live to see it end. But I
will travel down it nonetheless.”
I dug and dug until the hole was deep
enough, deeper than that which was needed
to bury a body, enough for me to climb into.
“For at my side walks hope. In the face of
all that insists I turn back, I carry on: this,
this is my compromise.”

-Ratonhnhaké:ton, 15 November 1783

EaglePrince25
11-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Lord this is going to be long lol here goes tho:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_eH0HiJi18

Can only post 1 vid, but here are the other two that come to mind:

Ezio speaking to Desmond at the end of Revelations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zj4RkkSARw)

And Ezio's opening speech at the start of Revelations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Vo3hYt_is)

I'll then start from Black Flag and work my way back:

"Kenway! In a world without gold, we might'a been heroes!"--Blackbeard

"Yet here I am… with Riches and a Reputation, feeling no wiser that when I left Home. Yet when I turn around, and look at the course I've run… here's not a Man or Woman that I love left standing beside me."--Edward Kenway

"Edward... everyone's gone, aren't they? Mary. Rackham. Thatch. I miss them, rough as they were. Do you feel that, too? All empty inside, like."--Anne Bonney

"Caution's nothing without charisma! For if a man plays the fool, then it's only fools he'll persuade. But appear to be the devil, and all men will submit."--Blackbeard

This entire conversation:

Hornigold: You could've been a man who stood for something. But you've a killer's heart now, with nothing but mettle to show for all your blunders.
Edward: A damn sight better than you, Ben. The heart of a traitor, who thinks himself better than his mates!
Hornigold: Aye, and proven true! What have you done since Nassau fell? Nothing but murder and mayhem!
Edward: You threw in with the very kind we once hated!
Hornigold: No! These Templars are different, I wish you could see that. But if you continue on your present course, you'll find you're the only one walking it...with the gallows at its end!
Edward: It may be. But the world has one less snake in it. And that's enough for me.

AC3:

If you play through the fight and allow him to talk, Haytham's speech to Connor is pretty epic during their final encounter. Also him telling Connor he was proud of him and should've killed him long ago.

"I realize now that it will take time, that the road ahead is long and shrouded in darkness. It is a road that will not always take me where I wish to go – and I doubt I will live to see it end. But I will travel down it nonetheless."--Connor Kenway

This one from Leonardo

"I’ll tell you a secret. All my life—while I thought I was learning to live, I have simply been learning how to die."

ACR:

"All that is good in me, began with you father"--Darim

ACB:

"The Apple you stole from Mario Auditore led me here."--Ezio

"I intend to write a book about you one day."--Machiavelli

AC2:

"The Auditore are not dead! I'm still here! Me! Ezio! Ezio Auditore!"

"It's been over ten years since I watched my father and brothers die. Ten years hunting the men responsible. I'm close to the end now, but no closer to knowing what any of it was for!"--Ezio

AC:

"I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing after wind. For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow."--Al Mualim, this one I even considered getting as a tattoo.

EDIT: I can't remember what he said, but when Stede Bonnet's heading back to Europe and see's Edward, the parting words he left struck me as so heartfelt and sincere. Wish I could remember them, but I was rushing to finish the game and there were so many great moments afterwards as well.

Megas_Doux
11-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Don't think I have any intention of caressing your cheek and saying I was wrong. I will not weep, and wonder what might have been. I'm sure you understand. Still, I'm proud of you in a way. You have shown great conviction, strength, courage, all noble qualities... I should have killed you long ago..

That IS a speech.....

Kaschra
11-09-2013, 03:01 AM
Haytham: We are cruel and desperate creatures, set in our conquering ways... The whole of human history is but a series of conflicts and subjugations. A desire for more and more and more.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 04:38 AM
Haytham: We are cruel and desperate creatures, set in our conquering ways... The whole of human history is but a series of conflicts and subjugations. A desire for more and more and more.
I think this one is overlooked a lot...also when Charles replies with "I pray it all ends" then Haytham retorts "While you pray, I shall act"

Wolfmeister1010
11-09-2013, 04:40 AM
"Tell the truth, DAMMIT!"
-Connor, TOKW

Kaschra
11-09-2013, 04:42 AM
I think this one is overlooked a lot...also when Charles replies with "I pray it all ends" then Haytham retorts "While you pray, I shall act"
Probably because it's optional dialogue, I think.
Yeah, Charles' reply and Haytham's answer are great, too.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:44 AM
"SHUT YOUR GOB".

Edward Kenway, 1717 or something close to that.

ArmageddonJ
02-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Most of my favourite quotes are already posted, but I noticed this one is missing:

"There will come a day in which men no longer cheat each other. And on that day we will see what mankind is truly capable of."
―Giovanni Auditore.

I love this quote so much...

Dome500
02-26-2014, 06:18 PM
"I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing at the wind. For in much wisdom, is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow."
- Rashid ad-Din Sinan (Al Mualim), quoting the Bible

Aphex_Tim
02-26-2014, 06:33 PM
"I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing at the wind. For in much wisdom, is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow."
- Rashid ad-Din Sinan (Al Mualim), quoting the Bible

D*mn, son; I was just about to post that. :p

Hans684
02-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Charles Lee: "Even those men who you sought to save have turn their backs on you, yet you fight, you resist, why?" Ratonhnhaké:ton: "Because no one else will!"

"Let me tell you something, life is not a fairy tail and there are no happy endings!" ~ Achilles Davenport

"Information learned is more valuable than information given." ~ Al-Mualim

"Beware the easy path. Knowledge grows only through challenge." ~ William Miles

"Order. Purpose. Direction. No more than that. It's your lot that means to confound with this nonsense talk of freedom. Time was, the Assassins professed a far more sensible goal, that of peace." ~ Haytham Kenway

"We are one. As we share the glory of our victories, so too should we share the pain of our defeats. In this way we grow closer. We grow stronger." ~ Malik Al-Sayf

"History is the study of change. Change is life. When things become static, it means they're dead." ~ Shaun Hastings

"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. Now, in the twilight of my life, misunderstanding has passed into contentment. Love, liberty, and time, once so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward." ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze

"To say that nothing is True is to recognize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is Permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, wether glorious...or tragic." ~Ezio Auditore da Firenze

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" ~ The Creed

"It's all a matter of perspective. There is no single path through life that's right and fair and does no harm." ~ Benjamin Church

"Only a mind free of impediments is capable of grasping the chaotic beauty of the world." ~ Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

"Men must be free to do what they believe. It is not our right to punish one for thinking what they do, no matter how much we disagree!" ~ Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

This is only a small part of my favorite quotes but my one favorite I don't know.

Dome500
02-26-2014, 09:36 PM
D*mn, son; I was just about to post that. :p

You know what they say..... :D

2 brilliant minds.... 1 idea. ;)

Stealth_hood
02-26-2014, 09:52 PM
"No gods or kings, only man" Oh wait wrong game :rolleyes:

eagleforlife1
02-26-2014, 10:18 PM
Ezio's speech at the end of AC2 and "What is it that is so important that would keep us imprisoned by ourselves?" - Connor Kenway

MasterAssasin84
02-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Edward - " so how is it your a woman ?

Mary Read - " Christ Does that really need explaining !!

This absolute had me in fits of laughter .

Rakdarr
03-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Leandros: "Could it be that you are every bit as deadly as the legends say? Or am I in charge of an army of drunks swinging sticks? There's nowhere to run now, Ezio!"

Ezio: "Not for me, and not for you!"

I'm surprised no one mentioned it.

tjbyrum1
03-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Achilles: Why do you fight?
Connor: Because no one else will!

The quote sounds better in the trailer, but I love it when Connor says that. It shows who Connor is and what he stands for.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Achilles: Why do you fight?
Connor: Because no one else will!

The quote sounds better in the trailer, but I love it when Connor says that. It shows who Connor is and what he stands for.

Totally agree~! Noah Watts likes this quote as much as I do, among others too long to list here:

"I will not die today. The same cannot be said for you." :P

Shahkulu101
03-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Pretentious as it may seem, I have many favourite quotes. This piece of dialogue would have to be among my favourite:

Ezio: Liberty can be messy, Ahmet. But it is priceless.

Ahmet: Of course. And when things fall apart, and the lights of civilization dim, Ezio Auditore can stand above the darkness and say proudly, "I stayed true to my Creed."

GunnerGalactico
03-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Haytham: Stuck!.. See if you can find anything to pry it open.....

Connor!... What are you up to!?

Oh!...No!... Don't do that!... There's no way of knowing what's on the other SII....

IIDE!.. *SPLASH*

( Haytham and Connor breathing heavily )

Connor: We do now...

I was in stiches after that scene ;)

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Haytham: Stuck!.. See if you can find anything to pry it open.....

Connor!... What are you up to!?

Oh!...No!... Don't do that!... There's no way of knowing what's on the other SII....

IIDE!.. *SPLASH*

( Haytham and Connor breathing heavily )

Connor: We do now...

I was in stiches after that scene ;)

OMG Who can forget that scene?! <3

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 08:38 PM
OMG Who can forget that scene?! <3

Well who can forget any of the scenes with Haytham and Connor bonding? Easily my favorite parts of the entire franchise. lol

EyepatchEagle
03-01-2014, 09:21 PM
There are quite a few other favorite dialogues - funny, sarcastic and wise ones, but the lines I immediately can think of are definitely these;

Malik "Rest, prepare, cry in the corner... Do whatever it is you do before the mission. Only make sure you do it quietly."

Desmond "Hey wassa matta you Altair?"
Rebbeca "That's racist."
Desmond "You're racist."

Malik "What news, novice."
Altair "I am not a novice!"

Sofia "Who are you messere?"
Ezio "Only the most interesting man in your life."

And not from the actual games, but it always makes me laugh like an idiot when I remember
"Just call 1-800-ASSASSINO".

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Well who can forget any of the scenes with Haytham and Connor bonding? Easily my favorite parts of the entire franchise. lol

Agreed~!

GunnerGalactico
03-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Haytham: Evening Connor.. I see you made it here in one piece.

Connor: Recovered from your beating, then?

That's also one my favourite lines in the game.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Haytham: Evening Connor.. I see you made it here in one piece.

Connor: Recovered from your beating, then?

That's also one my favourite lines in the game.

Love it <3

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2014, 10:35 PM
And not from the actual games, but it always makes me laugh like an idiot when I remember
"Just call 1-800-ASSASSINO".

Gotta love Roger Craig Smith. lol

Rakdarr
03-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Here's another one:

Machiavelli: "I intend to write a book about you one day."

Ezio: "If you do, make it short."

This is a clear reference to Machiavelli's mangum opus The Prince, which was also a short book for the time period. Of course, it never made much sense, not until Revelations at least, as Ezio begins to make morally questionable actions to achieve his goals (the Storming of the Arsenal, the fire in Cappadocia, the Battle of the Golden Horn etc) in order to promote order and the common good. Well, Machiavelli himself never made much sense as an Assassin. Sure, his political thought is Assassin-like in the long term (free and democratic republics), but the means to reach it and the ultimate mission of the state (maintain order) are very Templar-like, not to mention him being a fanboy of the Borgias. Thankfully the last bit was briefly addressed in ACB.

breakdownthewall
03-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned.

Charles Lee to his guard regarding Connor: "He will wait. He will watch. And then – when he's seen all his life's work brought to ruin... Only then will I allow him to die."

SchlechterWolf
03-02-2014, 07:29 PM
You cannot trust the words of a snake, which even in death produces venom.

Spoken by the Rafiq of Acre following the assassination of William de Montferrat.

Al Mualim: What is the truth?

Altair: We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is, and hope that one day all mankind might see the same.

Al Mualim: What is the world then?

Altair: An illusion. One we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend.

Al Mualim: What is it to transcend?

Altair: To recognise that nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise.

One of the greatest pieces of dialogue in the series.

breakdownthewall
03-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Connor and Haytham after learning of Washington's Betrayal. One of my favorite parts of the game, and one of the reasons why Connor is my favorite Assassin.

Connor: Enough! Who did what and why must wait. My people come first.
Haytham: Then lets be off.
Connor: No. You and I are finished.
Haytham: ...Son?
Connor: Do you think me so soft that by calling me son I might change my mind? How long did you sit on this information, or am I to believe you discovered it now? My mother's blood may stain another's hands, but Charles Lee is no less a monster, and all he does he does by your command.
A warning to you both! Choose to follow me or oppose me and I will kill you.

breakdownthewall
03-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Here's why Connor is the most bad-a$$ Assassin ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaF7kmm_YU0

AherasSTRG
03-02-2014, 07:47 PM
"What's true isn't always what is..."

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Connor and Haytham after learning of Washington's Betrayal. One of my favorite parts of the game, and one of the reasons why Connor is my favorite Assassin.

Connor: Enough! Who did what and why must wait. My people come first.
Haytham: Then lets be off.
Connor: No. You and I are finished.
Haytham: ...Son?
Connor: Do you think me so soft that by calling me son I might change my mind? How long did you sit on this information, or am I to believe you discovered it now? My mother's blood may stain another's hands, but Charles Lee is no less a monster, and all he does he does by your command.
A warning to you both! Choose to follow me or oppose me and I will kill you.

Here's why Connor is the most bad-a$$ Assassin ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaF7kmm_YU0

Not sure if this has been mentioned.

Charles Lee to his guard regarding Connor: "He will wait. He will watch. And then – when he's seen all his life's work brought to ruin... Only then will I allow him to die."

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Hehatemee
03-03-2014, 11:36 PM
"You haven't the metal for my brand of madness."
Bartholomew Roberts, the coolest AC character of them all!

Megas_Doux
03-04-2014, 01:03 AM
Edward Kenway

" You would see all of mankind corralled into a neatly furnished prison, safe and sober, yet dulled beyond reason and sapped of all spirit. So, aye... with everything I've seen and learned in these last years, I do believe it."

"Shut your gob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

GreyBeardJim
03-04-2014, 02:20 AM
Duncan Walpole: "Havana. I must...get to Havana."
Edward Kenway: "Well, I'll just build us another ship, will I?"

Zytarc
03-05-2014, 01:06 AM
PRAISE Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn ! this quote in game is so hilarious xD

Megas_Doux
03-05-2014, 02:02 AM
PRAISE Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn ! this quote in game is so hilarious xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-2M_fnKDWw

CURSE HIM!!!!!!

Curse the christian king and his army of infidels!!!!!!!!! Is pretty funny too haha.

MCRMJ
03-05-2014, 02:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czAyRmKjm0w

Purely for the first time I saw this, I found it hilarious but totally fitting with the character.

Dome500
03-05-2014, 02:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czAyRmKjm0w

Purely for the first time I saw this, I found it hilarious but totally fitting with the character.

Italian style....

Zytarc
03-05-2014, 02:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-2M_fnKDWw

CURSE HIM!!!!!!

Curse the christian king and his army of infidels!!!!!!!!! Is pretty funny too haha.

AHAHAHHAAHHAHA those shouters are pretty annoying , that makes the game so hilarious xD

WAAAIIIT is there any video of that salah al din shouts ? that would be awesome xD

iSoTryHard
03-05-2014, 06:10 AM
There are literally to many to quote. They are all fantastic..

Zytarc
03-05-2014, 06:29 AM
There are literally to may to quote. They are all fantastic..

Nothing beats that Praise Salah al din , its overpowered . You must nerf the street preachers

ACLexter
03-05-2014, 07:23 AM
"Everything is Permitted, I like the sound of that!"
- Edward Kenway

GreyBeardJim
03-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Kenway: "So...what's a Templar Grand Master doing so far from his castillo?"
Torres: "I'd rather not say."
Kenway: "And I'd rather not cut your lips off and feed 'em to you."
Torres: .....

I love how you can basically hear Torres thinking "well played".

Aphex_Tim
03-16-2014, 08:30 PM
You know what they say..... :D

2 brilliant minds.... 1 idea. ;)

Got that right!

Fatal-Feit
03-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Kenway: "So...what's a Templar Grand Master doing so far from his castillo?"
Torres: "I'd rather not say."
Kenway: "And I'd rather not cut your lips off and feed 'em to you."
Torres: .....

I love how you can basically hear Torres thinking "well played".

More like ''Fack. He means business.''

steveeire
07-29-2015, 07:54 PM
I think my very favourite line to date in AC is by Edward when he is talking to the Templer Grand Master at the end of the game.

" You would see all of mankind corralled into a neatly furnished prison, safe and sober, yet dulled beyond reason and sapped of all spirit. So, aye... with everything I've seen and learned in these last years, I do believe it."

I think this line more than anything else shows the difference between Templers and Assassins.

Consus_E
07-29-2015, 08:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g59vyPocZQQ&amp;list=FLwYGdzfZm2XSPQ0txm56dbg&amp; index=3

This was cut from the final game why?

Also Ezio's speech at the end of Bonfire of the Vanities.

I MAK MA OWN LOK!
- Shay Cormac

And pretty much anything Edward says ever! Most every line he has is pure gold, and the great delivery only helps with that.

UbiJustin
07-29-2015, 08:17 PM
@Steveerie, your thread has been merged with the existing "What's your favorite quote in assassins creed? (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720649-What-s-your-favorite-quote-in-assassins-creed?highlight=favorite+quotes)"

VestigialLlama4
07-29-2015, 08:21 PM
For all the grand philosophical monologues:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Quotes/AssassinsCreed

But I rather like the character lines too.
You know there is one line of dialogue that is good in UNITY
Marquis de Sade: Ah, yes. Thank you, Arno. I take such pleasure imposing my will on others. Is that wrong?

Also from Black Flag,

Blackbeard: In a world without gold, we might have been heroes.

Black Bart: For I have dipped my hand in muddy waters, and withdrawing them find, 'tis better to be a commander than a common man.

Adewale: Captain Kenway, you look like a bowl of plum duff.
Edward Kenway: I should be cross with you for leaving me with Roberts...but mostly I'm bloody glad to see you again!

Then in AC2,
Federico: It's a good life we lead, brother.
Ezio: The best. May it never change.
Federico: And never change us.

GunnerGalactico
07-29-2015, 09:57 PM
Just a few of my favourite memorable lines and quotes. Just feeling too lazy to add them all.

Al Mualim: "So... the student returns."
Altaïr: "I've never been one to run."
Al Mualim: "Never been one to listen either."

Charles Lee: "Even those men you sought to save have turned their backs on you. Yet you fight, you resist. Why?"
Connor: "Because no one else will!"

"It is better to have faith in something than none at all"

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation"
- Connor Kenway

"While you pray, I act"

"Should you ever dare to insult or threaten me again, I'll not hesitate to cut off your head myself"

"I'm proud of you in a way. You have shown great conviction. Strength. Courage. All noble qualities. I should have killed you long ago."
- Haytham Kenway

“We’re Assassins and we follow a Creed, aye. But it does not command us to act or submit…only to be wise.”
- Mary Read

pacmanate
07-29-2015, 11:02 PM
@Steveerie, your thread has been merged with the existing "What's your favorite quote in assassins creed? (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720649-What-s-your-favorite-quote-in-assassins-creed?highlight=favorite+quotes)"

You just destroyed the avatar image size rule :p

steveeire
07-29-2015, 11:15 PM
rules don't apply to the community manger.

ze_topazio
07-30-2015, 12:43 AM
"Merda"
- Ezio Auditore

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-30-2015, 01:47 AM
"You could have used a tree"
-Achilles Davenport

Sorrosyss
07-30-2015, 11:34 AM
"I believe there was a book that claimed the world was created in 7 days. I hear it's a best seller too."
- Warren Vidic, ac1

Ridiculously offensive and controversial to some people. I recall it was during the discussion about history, and what we know to be true of it. Certainly thought provoking! "History is written by the victor."

ze_topazio
07-30-2015, 12:22 PM
"I believe there was a book that claimed the world was created in 7 days. I hear it's a best seller too."
- Warren Vidic, ac1

Ridiculously offensive and controversial to some people. I recall it was during the discussion about history, and what we know to be true of it. Certainly thought provoking! "History is written by the victor."

I this case that doesn't apply since the stories of the old testament are just a collection of old superstitions and myths written in a time when people couldn't explain the phenomenons of nature and had to come up with Gods and stuff to explain them, unless you're talking about how the Christian religion end up replacing all other religions in Europe and other parts of the world reducing the old religions and their origin stories to the condition of old fake myths.

BTW, am I being too offensive and edgy? :rolleyes:

Hans684
07-30-2015, 12:38 PM
"Life's hardest choices are the ones that force you to question your own moral code." ~ Shay Patrick Cormac.

"People desire the truth, yes, but even when they have it, they refuse to look. How do we fight this kind of ignorance?" ~ Prince Ahmet.

"It's all a matter of perspective. There is no single path through life that's right and fair and does no harm." ~ Benjamin Church.

"Do you appease a crying child, simply because he wails? "But I want to play with fire, father." What would you say? "As you wish"? Ah, but then you'd answer for his burns." ~ Garnier de Naplouse.

"Significance comes not from a single act, but the context in which it is performed" ~ Al Mualim.

"To say that nothing is True is to recognize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is Permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, wether glorious...or tragic." ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

"Life is not a fairy tail and there are no happy endings!" ~ Achilles Davenport.

"Information learned is more valuable than information given." ~ Rashid ad-Din Sinan/Al-Mualim.

"History is the study of change. Change is life. When things become static, it means they're dead." ~ Shaun Hastings.

"Beware the easy path. Knowledge grows only through challenge." ~ William Miles.

"A bad excuse is better than none at all." ~ James Kidd

I've got more.

Namikaze_17
07-30-2015, 03:34 PM
"Life's hardest choices are the ones that force you to question your own moral code." ~ Shay Patrick Cormac.

"People desire the truth, yes, but even when they have it, they refuse to look. How do we fight this kind of ignorance?" ~ Prince Ahmet.

"It's all a matter of perspective. There is no single path through life that's right and fair and does no harm." ~ Benjamin Church.

"Do you appease a crying child, simply because he wails? "But I want to play with fire, father." What would you say? "As you wish"? Ah, but then you'd answer for his burns." ~ Garnier de Naplouse.

"Significance comes not from a single act, but the context in which it is performed" ~ Al Mualim.

"Life is not a fairy tail and there are no happy endings!" ~ Achilles Davenport.

"Information learned is more valuable than information given." ~ Rashid ad-Din Sinan/Al-Mualim.

This.

As for me:

"It is sometimes hard to remember how easy life was, before the world changed." ~ Arno Dorian

"Only a mind free of impediment is capable of grasping the chaotic beauty of the world. This is our greatest asset." ~ Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad

"It is not our right to punish one for thinking as he does, no matter how much we disagree." ~ Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad

"People are quick to judge but slow to correct themselves." ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze

"For years I've been rushing around, taking whatever I fancied, not giving a tinker's curse for those I hurt. Yet here I am... with riches and reputation, feeling no wiser than when I left home. Yet when I turn around, and look at the course I've run... there's not a man or woman that I love left standing beside me." ~ Edward Kenway

"I see now why ours is an eternal war. For each piece taken from the board, another is placed upon it. Back and forth we go. Across the world. Across the ages. Some days, mine feels an impossible task, but I cannot afford to be consumed with doubt. The people need me. Now, more than ever." ~ Connor

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation." ~ Connor

"Am I not unlike those precious books you seek to save? A source of knowledge
with which you disagree? Yet you’re rather quick to steal my life." ~ Jubair

"Escape Plan? When no one's left, walk out the front door." ~ Jacob Frye

lukash_1337
07-30-2015, 04:52 PM
Top 3 best quotes:

3. "Vai a farti fottere" - Ezio Auditore
2. "WHERE IS CHARLES LEE?" - Connor
1. "GUUUAAAAAARRRRDS!!!!!!!!" - Cesare Borgia

Shahkulu101
07-30-2015, 05:14 PM
Don't know it exactly but Pitcairn's death speech is just awesome and completely owns Connor, and what's more is he says it in a badass Scottish accent.

VestigialLlama4
07-30-2015, 05:17 PM

That's from a trailer not the game itself.

"Beware the easy path. Knowledge grows only through challenge." ~ William Miles.

Oh that's a good quote by William Miles (one of the few times he said something wise).

There's another good quote, well its more a database entry than a quote. But Subject 16/Clay Kaczmarek is quite good:
Clay Kaczmarek: That's the trouble with the Templars in general, I think. Their philosophy is just so damn simple, so tantalizing, offering easy solutions to complex problems. Just do X, Y, and Z and all your problems disappear.

VestigialLlama4
07-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Don't know it exactly but Pitcairn's death speech is just awesome and completely owns Connor, and what's more is he says it in a badass Scottish accent.

Pitcairn: And we should live forever on castles in the sky. You wield your blade like a man, but your mouth like a child. And more will die now because of that...

I personally prefer Thomas Hickey's death monologue best. Its a superior version of Majd Addin in that Hickey is clearly a bad guy, refuses to apologize or make excuses for what he does (unlike the other Templars) and yet you kind of agree that his view of the world is pretty valid.

Hickey: How should I know? The Templars. Lee. The big man, Haytham. They 'as the money. They 'as the power. That's the reason I threw in with 'em. That's the ONLY reason. Sure, they 'ave some sort of vision, for the future too. I didn't give a damn about any of that. They can sing their songs about mankind and its troubles. They can make their plans and spring their traps, don't bother me none. They paid me so I said yes. Didn't bother to ask who or how or why. Didn't care.
Connor: You chose to side with men who would rob us of our humanity simply because it was more profitable?
Hickey: Wot else is there? I'm not some blind fool who'd give up all I've got on principle. What IS principle anyway? Can ya bring it to the bank? Don't look at me like that. We're different, you and I! You're just some blind fool who's always chasin' butterflies. Where as I'm the type of guy who likes to have a beer in one hand and a titty in the other. Thing is, boy, I can have what I seek. Had it, even. You? Your hands will always be empty.

That said I do like the line Connor gives him before.
Connor: I will not die today, the same cannot be said of you.

Hans684
07-30-2015, 06:38 PM
That's from a trailer not the game itself.

And?

There's another good quote, well its more a database entry than a quote. But Subject 16/Clay Kaczmarek is quite good:
Clay Kaczmarek: That's the trouble with the Templars in general, I think. Their philosophy is just so damn simple, so tantalizing, offering easy solutions to complex problems. Just do X, Y, and Z and all your problems disappear.

And Erudito said something like this: "They are more alike then they think".

VestigialLlama4
07-30-2015, 06:45 PM
And?

Well the title said best quote in the games and not trailers.

And Erudito said something like this: "They are more alike then they think".

It doesn't matter what people say, the point is good rhetoric and dramatic point. Clay Kaczmarek is wittier, funnier and sharper than Erudito merely spouting platitudes.

Hans684
07-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Well the title said best quote in the games and not trailers.

Everything is permitted.

It doesn't matter what people say, the point is good rhetoric and dramatic point. Clay Kaczmarek is wittier, funnier and sharper than Erudito merely spouting platitudes.

Yet both can be just as true, perspective is the only thing separating it all.

GunnerGalactico
07-30-2015, 07:49 PM
This.

As for me:

"It is sometimes hard to remember how easy life was, before the world changed." ~ Arno Dorian

"Only a mind free of impediment is capable of grasping the chaotic beauty of the world. This is our greatest asset." ~ Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad

"It is not our right to punish one for thinking as he does, no matter how much we disagree." ~ Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad

"People are quick to judge but slow to correct themselves." ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze

"For years I've been rushing around, taking whatever I fancied, not giving a tinker's curse for those I hurt. Yet here I am... with riches and reputation, feeling no wiser than when I left home. Yet when I turn around, and look at the course I've run... there's not a man or woman that I love left standing beside me." ~ Edward Kenway

"I see now why ours is an eternal war. For each piece taken from the board, another is placed upon it. Back and forth we go. Across the world. Across the ages. Some days, mine feels an impossible task, but I cannot afford to be consumed with doubt. The people need me. Now, more than ever." ~ Connor

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation." ~ Connor

"Am I not unlike those precious books you seek to save? A source of knowledge
with which you disagree? Yet you’re rather quick to steal my life." ~ Jubair

Connor: I will not die today, the same cannot be said of you.

^ I like those ones too :)

Hans684
07-30-2015, 08:02 PM
Wise words ;) They sound familiar.

I have no idea what you're talking about :rolleyes:

Hans684
07-30-2015, 08:28 PM
That's because Nothing is True.;)

Wise words ;) They sound familiar. :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
07-30-2015, 08:52 PM
Never really understood that Arno quote ;) Wasn't it him being thrown into the bastille for his adoptive fathers murder what started his troubles ;)

When was that Jacob Frye quote said?

You just answered your own question.

And Jacob doesn't say it in any trailers or anything...

It's here:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/c5dce39c449c5725e22bf6e28c2d3ca8/tumblr_nqzfdeFLDj1rwq84jo1_r1_1280.jpg

Hans684
07-30-2015, 09:39 PM
I would say Everything is Permitted ...

But,
Do you know the definition of insanity?
;)

*waits for an awnser before being thrown to death*

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-31-2015, 12:37 AM

Here's the whole thing if you were interested in it :) :

Pitcairn: Why... Why did you do this?
Connor: To protect Adams and Hancock – and those they serve. You meant to kill them–
Pitcairn: Kill them? Are you mad? I wanted only to parlay. There was so much to discuss. To explain... But you've put and end to that now.
Connor: If you speak true then I will carry your last words to them.
Pitcairn: They must lay down their arms. They must stop this war!
Connor: Why them and not the Redcoats?
Pitcairn: Do you not think we asked the same question of the British? These things take time. And it would have succeeded, had you let me play my part.
Connor: The part of the puppeteer.
Pitcairn: Better we hold the strings than another.
Connor: No. The strings should be severed. All should be free.
Pitcairn: And we should live forever on castles in the sky. You wield your blade like a man, but your mouth like a child. And more will die now because of that...

Namikaze_17
07-31-2015, 01:41 AM
Hornigold: You could have been a man who stood for something. But you've a killer's heart now. With nothing but mettle to show for all your blunders.

Edward: A damn sight better than you have, Ben. The heart of a traitor, who thinks himself better than his mates!

Hornigold: No! These Templars are different. I wish you could see that. But if you continue on your present course, you'll find you're the only one walking it! With the gallows at its end.

Edward: It may be. But now the world has one less snake in it. And that's enough for me.

Some of the best dialogue IMO. You can feel the emotion coming out of Edward.

VestigialLlama4
07-31-2015, 04:17 AM
There is good dialogue in Assassin's Creed Embers

Ezio: Love binds our Order together; love of people, of cultures, of the world. Fight to preserve that which inspires hope, and you will win back your people.
Shao Jun: Then it will take a long time. A long time.
Ezio: If you do it right, Sì!

"Love, liberty, and time: once so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward. And love, most especially, mio caro. For you, our children, our brothers and sisters. And for the vast and wonderful world that gave us life, and keeps us guessing."
-- Ezio

Ezio is all heart.

Altair1789
07-31-2015, 06:35 AM
"The standard Ottoman hookblade has two parts, you see. The hook and the blade"

GunnerGalactico
07-31-2015, 07:40 AM
Here's the whole thing if you were interested in it :) :

Pitcairn: Why... Why did you do this?
Connor: To protect Adams and Hancock – and those they serve. You meant to kill them–
Pitcairn: Kill them? Are you mad? I wanted only to parlay. There was so much to discuss. To explain... But you've put and end to that now.
Connor: If you speak true then I will carry your last words to them.
Pitcairn: They must lay down their arms. They must stop this war!
Connor: Why them and not the Redcoats?
Pitcairn: Do you not think we asked the same question of the British? These things take time. And it would have succeeded, had you let me play my part.
Connor: The part of the puppeteer.
Pitcairn: Better we hold the strings than another.
Connor: No. The strings should be severed. All should be free.

You gotta admit, this dialogue really almost threw me for a loop. Even Garnier de Naplouse's death speech got me thinking two ways.

Jessigirl2013
07-31-2015, 04:31 PM
"The standard Ottoman hookblade has two parts, you see. The hook and the blade"

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0kdnupTT31qzjoy8o1_400.png

I couldn't help myself ;) came across that last night ;)

Time to contribute a quote of my own ;)

Connor - "White people are weird"

Nuffs said ;)

I think he's right considering the meme I just posted ;)

steveeire
07-31-2015, 06:23 PM
"The man speaks true you lot weigh anchor. As for the rest, half on the foremast half at the main, lets out run this hurricane"
Edward Kenway.

GunnerGalactico
07-31-2015, 06:48 PM
"I am your superior in both title and ability. You should know better than to question me".
- Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

Jessigirl2013
07-31-2015, 09:21 PM
We all remember this ;)

http://i.imgur.com/7dTgOC7.jpg

Best quote ever ;)

Another ;)

Haytham- "Me,Haytham,I,Come.In.Peace"

Ziio- "Why.Are.You.Speaking.So.Slow"

;)

Namikaze_17
08-01-2015, 04:19 AM
"People and practice are two very different beasts. I see the world the way it is, not as I wish it would be." ~ Haytham Kenway

"I feel a tide changing within me. I am no longer young. I must devote my energy to those who struggle for freedom. I will use my conviction in my Creed to defend them, alongside anyone who will help me." ~ Adéwalé

Kaschra
08-01-2015, 04:28 AM
Hornigold: You could have been a man who stood for something. But you've a killer's heart now. With nothing but mettle to show for all your blunders.

Edward: A damn sight better than you have, Ben. The heart of a traitor, who thinks himself better than his mates!

Hornigold: No! These Templars are different. I wish you could see that. But if you continue on your present course, you'll find you're the only one walking it! With the gallows at its end.

Edward: It may be. But now the world has one less snake in it. And that's enough for me.

Some of the best dialogue IMO. You can feel the emotion coming out of Edward.

Really love this one. One of my absolute faves

VestigialLlama4
08-01-2015, 04:38 AM
"People and practice are two very different beasts. I see the world the way it is, not as I wish it would be." ~ Haytham Kenway

Is this a paraphrase, because I don't think I ever came across him saying this. The nearest is "We merely need the world to be as it is." in his boss fight with Connor.

Another one by Machiavelli,

Machiavelli: I heard the Colosseum Passion Play took an unexpected turn this evening.
La Volpe: Really?
Machiavelli: It seems Gesù Cristo was resurrected three days early.

poptartz20
08-01-2015, 05:34 AM
every line ever said by the member of the kenway family. No put really, I would say mostly every death line in AC3 truly well written.

Many from Haytham which the one quoted in my sig is a good one so much conviction. and Ezio last lines in Revelations.

Namikaze_17
08-01-2015, 05:44 AM
Is this a paraphrase, because I don't think I ever came across him saying this. The nearest is "We merely need the world to be as it is." in his boss fight with Connor.

It was in the hidden dialogue between him and Connor during their fight.

https://youtu.be/81PmXgEKymk

2:05

EDIT: Seems he said 'Principle' in the game while the place where I got the quote said 'People'. :rolleyes:

My fault if that confused you.

VestigialLlama4
08-01-2015, 06:39 AM
It was in the hidden dialogue between him and Connor during their fight.

https://youtu.be/81PmXgEKymk

2:05

EDIT: Seems he said 'Principle' in the game while the place where I got the quote said 'People'. :rolleyes:

My fault if that confused you.

No fault at all. Thanks for telling me.

Namikaze_17
08-01-2015, 08:51 AM
No fault at all. Thanks for telling me.

No problem.

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 01:05 PM
every line ever said by the member of the kenway family. No put really, I would say mostly every death line in AC3 truly well written.

Many from Haytham which the one quoted in my sig is a good one so much conviction. and Ezio last lines in Revelations.

This ;) I agree Ezios epilogue in revelations was well written ;) and a good close to his story ;)

VestigialLlama4
08-01-2015, 01:11 PM
This ;) I agree Ezios epilogue in revelations was well written ;) and a good close to his story ;)

"Who are we, who have been so blessed to share our stories like this? To speak across centuries?"

That to me is the heart of what the games are about.

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 01:33 PM
"Who are we, who have been so blessed to share our stories like this? To speak across centuries?"

That to me is the heart of what the games are about.

I know, ;) It was so meaningful,
Its what made revelations ending one of the best I think ;)

EmptyCrustacean
08-01-2015, 08:14 PM

Actually, I'm pretty certain that it was "your presence deprives me of both."

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Actually, I'm pretty certain that it was "your presence deprives me of both."

Yeah a quick google search shows your correct ;)

Funnily enough I found this on the same page ;)
Made me laugh;)

http://40.media.tumblr.com/4f8923e09967f7db1d24731f15a3b4b4/tumblr_n4hq9325Kw1r9tunro1_500.jpg

Looks like Altair and Malik fanfiction is a thing ;)
Never knew.

RebirthAltair
01-09-2019, 02:10 PM
"You can't kill me! No man can kill me!" then "Then I leave you at the hands of fate!"