PDA

View Full Version : Uplay is ruining my life....Please help!!!

Docmagic
10-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Ok so the title was a slight exaggeration but hey!
I have a media center PC in my lounge and on it I run STEAM in big picture mode which is great as I can use my game pad or remote to navigate! However whenever i try to launch any of my assassins creed games it takes me to Uplay (which wont allow me to navigate via my remote or gamepad!!) is there any way to launch a game without Uplay starting??
Thanks
Doc

MT4K
10-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Pretty much all Ubisoft games nowadays use UPlay. It is Ubisoft's digital platform really and so the games require UPlay open in order to play.

TheLeoCrow
10-26-2012, 02:02 PM
As much as I dislike Uplay, this is not Ubisoft's problem. Steam is trying something new (and nice) but big picture has it's flaws. That's why it's still in beta. Companies shouldn't have to change everything just because valve had a new idea. What you can do is either use a wireless mouse for your media center or contact steam support, requesting them to include a virtual mouse controlled by controller sticks (that toggles on and off ofcourse) to use in such situations

AntiChrist7
10-26-2012, 02:53 PM
you could follow a "how i stop overreacting" course, that would help too

Docmagic
10-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Whilst Im not expecting Ubisoft to change there software just for us steam users, I should really be able to load a game without the (what seems to me) pointless Uplay splash screen! Pretty much all of my other games load fine. I just feel Im having UPlay forced on me and I dont want it.... I expect to have to sign up for things I dont want on free games not ones Ive paid good money to play. Googling this issue has pointed out to me how many people genuinly dont like UPlay. So please Ubisoft give us the option to opt out or at least run unoticed in the background!

Docmagic
10-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Pretty much all Ubisoft games nowadays use UPlay. It is Ubisoft's digital platform really and so the games require UPlay open in order to play.
Im noticing that...its a real pain in the ***! I just wish there was a way to opt out or for it to run in the background. I was kinda looking forward to Assassins creed 3 but its pointless me buying any more Ubisoft games until theres a way around this problem. Surely there must be a way to just use an .exe or shortcut to just launch straight into the game without the UPlay splash screen.