PDA

View Full Version : When is AC3 Broadcasting/Streaming embargo lifted?

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-25-2012, 08:11 PM
This is my first post. My name is InventorBLADES. I am a broadcaster on twitch.tv. I was wondering, When will the embargo be lifted so people can broadcast Assassin's Creed III? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also, You guys can check out me out on twitch.tv/inventorblades where i broadcast Assassin's Creed Revelations relentlessly.

InventorBLADES

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 08:13 PM
This is not a forum for advertising, you didn't need to link your twitch name in order to ask a question.

And the embargo is lifted on 30th october.

projectpat06
10-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Like the a hole above me said, Oct 30 is the release so the embargo is lifted then. Sorry for his rudeness and welcome to the forums.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Im sorry, I never posted on a forum, its my first time. Thank you very much for you help. Also, the game is getting released in the U.K. first im assuming. So once it is released in the U.K., it would be ok to broadcast it? I have convinced plenty of people to buy the game, I have given out free copies of the game at my expense. All im asking for is a little help. Do you work for Ubisoft Ryzon? Also how can I get something in writing of when it will be ok to broadcast Assassin's Creed III? Again, im sorry, im new to posting on a forum.

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Like the a hole above me said, Oct 30 is the release so the embargo is lifted then. Sorry for his rudeness and welcome to the forums.

HEY! I'm a nice guy.. I just don't like advertising..

Im sorry, I never posted on a forum, its my first time..

It's ok, I didn't see that It was your first post, sorry for being rude.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks for not chewing me out projectpat, lol. I felt like erasing my post and never coming here again for a minute.

Layytez
10-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Trust me there's alot more worse people on here...

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Lets all calm down and welcome the new guy..

Welcome, mate:D We`re all nice here, some people are just getting moody because of the release of AC III... its exciting xD

projectpat06
10-25-2012, 08:25 PM
HEY! I'm a nice guy.. I just don't like advertising..

It's ok, I didn't see that It was your first post, sorry for being rude.

Ha I know. I was just fooling around. Don't take anything personally as I really don't know u and it's just a forum. Oh and I put that link up, Ryzon, where Connor pronounces his own name but beware of a tid bit of spoilers

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 08:25 PM

Welcome, mate:D We`re all nice here, some people are just getting moody because of the release of AC III... its exciting xD

Wtf normally you're the moody guy. Anyway, broadcast now, don't tell us your name, and let me watch.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Wtf normally you're the moody guy.
I know right ?

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-25-2012, 08:27 PM
I kinda heard that thru the grapevine. I heard there is alot of fighting on here, that the community is torn between ACB and ACR, thats why i been hesitant to post on here. If they only knew just how unique The Assassin's Creed series is compared to other games on the market, and that these players are in a class of their own, then maybe they would all get along. I would like to see a unified AC community, and watch it grow. Steer away from FPS and see people pick up a game as diverse as Assassin's Creed.

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks for not chewing me out projectpat, lol. I felt like erasing my post and never coming here again for a minute.

As I said, Sorry for being rude to you mate.. I didn't know it was your first post..

B-L-A-D-E-S
Sure if you guys want I will broadcast for a little while pacmanate. It would be a privilege. As long as noone gets upset.

Layytez
Broadtccast ac3 ?????? DO IT. NOW.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-25-2012, 08:32 PM
NP Ryzon, its ok. Water under the bridge :)

xXRyzonXx

Why the sudden attitude change? lol,

B-L-A-D-E-S
No, Assassin's Creed Revelations Hollow.

pacmanate
I know right ?

Must be because you are now a kitten.

FinalJ1
10-25-2012, 08:33 PM

Ok who drugged M?

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Wow, so many people responding, this is actually pretty exciting, lol. Thank you all for the help

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Like I said, he is a kitten.

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 08:36 PM
I was going to change my signature to M's to mess with him, but since he is in such a good mood I won't ruin it.

LightRey
10-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Ok who drugged M?
It was me. I put something in his drink earlier. :|

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Ok guys, the stream is up if you guys wanna come. Btw nice to meet you all, so hard keeping track of whos who, lol.

MT4K
10-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Edited thread title as it could have been a bit misleading to your question.

Also yeah If you was going to stream AC3 i'd likely remove it :p.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-25-2012, 08:45 PM
If you only knew how vigorously I have broadcasted ACR througout this year MT4K :(

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 08:49 PM
I`m such a good boy:)

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 08:56 PM

Oh please.. You're just trying to get of santa's naughty list ;)

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 08:57 PM
You are a spoon. Watching this guy is pretty fun haha

FinalJ1
10-25-2012, 08:57 PM

I'm stepping back so I don't get hit with lightning too.

MT4K
10-25-2012, 08:59 PM
If you only knew how vigorously I have broadcasted ACR througout this year MT4K :(

Nothing wrong with you streaming ACR :).

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Nothing wrong with you streaming ACR :).

Thats a gun!

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 09:14 PM
This guy is pretty cool ;)

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-25-2012, 09:16 PM
So when people say its ok to broadcast Assassin's Creed III Oct.30th, would that be as soon as it turns Oct 30th anywhere in the world?

FinalJ1
10-26-2012, 07:32 PM
So when people say its ok to broadcast Assassin's Creed III Oct.30th, would that be as soon as it turns Oct 30th anywhere in the world?

That's correct sir.

EscoBlades
10-26-2012, 07:41 PM
For the record, AC3 online embargo lifts on the 30th of October at 5pm UK Time (9am Pacific). That includes broadcasting via livestreams and online video, regardless of intent (review or otherwise)

I'll let you work out the rest if you are in a different timezone to the ones mentioned. Welcome to the forums.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am kind of confused here though. The game is being released in new york 12:00 a.m. on Oct. 30th, I would have to wait 12 hours to be able to broadcast it? That doesnt make sense, hmm. I might be getting the game early, like tomorrow, and i can 100% understand not broadcasting it before its release, but to not be able to broadcast it after its already been released in my area doesnt add up. I actually called Ubisoft corporate and just waiting for a return call. I really want something concrete, because i really dont want to step on anyones toes here. Also, thanks for welcoming me to the forums, its my first forums i ever posted on and everyone has been really nice so far. Also the name Escoblades sounds familiar, people have asked me on twitch.tv if i am Escoblades. I tell them no, I am InventorBLADES, but its nice to meet you. I use to go by just BLADES, but gave up using it because it was always taken. So when i got my patent, I just went with InventorBLADES. Also do you play ACR Multiplayer? I broadcast it everyday, roughly 12-18 hours straight someimes.

FinalJ1
10-26-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't do mp that much anymore.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Its all I do!!!! I love the MP, its the best ever, and I have been playing video games since pac-man was in the arcade, lol.

pacmanate
10-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Its all I do!!!! I love the MP, its the best ever, and I have been playing video games since pac-man was in the arcade, lol.

Hell yeah I was at the arcade.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Any new news on when the embargo will be lifted? I live in N.Y. and im hoping this horrible storm does not take my power out. It figures I waited 10 months to broadcast it, and this devil storm is coming my way the day of my games release. Talk about irony.

xXRyzonXx
10-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Any new news on when the embargo will be lifted? I live in N.Y. and im hoping this horrible storm does not take my power out. It figures I waited 10 months to broadcast it, and this devil storm is coming my way the day of my games release. Talk about irony.

Its the 30th, I think its 5 pm UK time..
Also, I loved your stream the other day.. excited for more ;)

Assasination-G
10-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum BLADES :D

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 10:10 PM

Welcome, matehttp://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png We`re all nice here, some people are just getting moody because of the release of AC III... its exciting xD

I`m such a good boyhttp://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png
I'm scared, oh and to the OP welcome

rudianoo
10-28-2012, 10:49 PM
The embargo may end on October 30th, but you can start posting videos now...theres tons already on Youtube and Ubisoft isnt doing anything about it. Youtube user 'FusionCap' started uploading on Friday and none of his videos have been taken down, his first video already has over 100,000 views and I've seen his channel go up from 10,000 subscribers to 21,000 in 3 days.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks for welcoming me to the forums guys. I think im getting confirmation that either I will be able to broadcast on Oct.30th regardless of timezone, either that or I may have to wait until its released in N.Y., U.S.A, because that is where im at. also if you guys have been checking out my broadcast thats great, and ty Ryzon, im glad you liked it. ill continue to give it 100 percent.

Black_Widow9
10-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Please refrain from streaming until the embargo date and time have been lifted. ;)

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-29-2012, 10:22 AM
No problem, youtube videos I was told were ok, so I will stick with those for now. I will start streaming though Oct.30th 12:00 a.m. N.Y., U.S.A. E.S.T. assuming the storm heading my way doesn't knock out my power. That would indeed be a cruel joke sent down from heavens, or honestly up from hell. :mad:

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Just FYI, so people do not try to upload AC3 videos onto youtube. I just spent the last 8 hours playing sequence 1, making and editing the videos, uploading it to youtube, only to have it blocked worldwide. So I give up, lol. Anyway, im tired and need rest. Ill just try to upload them tomorrow, if that don't work ill just stream multiplayer on twitch.tv. Im confused as to why some people get to upload it to youtube and don't get blocked and others do.....so confused. goodnight and see you on AC3 tomorrow.

EscoBlades
10-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Just FYI, so people do not try to upload AC3 videos onto youtube. I just spent the last 8 hours playing sequence 1, making and editing the videos, uploading it to youtube, only to have it blocked worldwide. So I give up, lol. Anyway, im tired and need rest. Ill just try to upload them tomorrow, if that don't work ill just stream multiplayer on twitch.tv. Im confused as to why some people get to upload it to youtube and don't get blocked and others do.....so confused. goodnight and see you on AC3 tomorrow.

Pretty sure i told you this in my response earlier in the thread.

Mr_Shade
10-29-2012, 01:36 PM
indeed - it has been said before, only stream / upload embargo ends.

Uploading before that - can lead to removal

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Ya, I was under the impression that streaming it live and uploading it to youtube were totally different. I just wanted to be able to enjoy this, and now with with hurricane sandy, I dont think I am going to be able to, I will most likely lose power, I live right near NYC and they are saying 80-90 mph winds, I mean that is just absurd, I have been here all my life and never even seen those kinds of winds in my area. I hope the meteorologists are wrong and this is not the case, because if it is, Im definately losing power and wont be able to broadcast this game. Thats why I have been anxiously asking if the embargo changed and been so desperate to either broadcast or upload videos to youtube, Not so much that I am selfish, but more that I probably wont get a chance to brodcast when this storm hits. Worst of all is its suppose to hang around, its not even blowing out to sea right away. Anyone have a spare generator? :nonchalance:

Thanks again for your response everyone, sorry to take your time up in the forums.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-30-2012, 05:50 AM
Hurricane sandy has knocked out my power. I am sitting here on my laptop and using my aircard to connect. This is what I was afraid of. I went on twitch.tv and there are about 10 people broadcasting AC3...so unfair. Gamestop even cancelled the midnight launch in my area, where i was looking forward to networking and connecting with other AC fans in my area. I spent 120 bucks on business cards to pass out tonight. Talk about your all out worst case scenarios.

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 06:07 AM
Stay safe

jerkchickenpiz
10-30-2012, 06:14 AM
Hurricane sandy has knocked out my power. I am sitting here on my laptop and using my aircard to connect. This is what I was afraid of. I went on twitch.tv and there are about 10 people broadcasting AC3...so unfair. Gamestop even cancelled the midnight launch in my area, where i was looking forward to networking and connecting with other AC fans in my area. I spent 120 bucks on business cards to pass out tonight. Talk about your all out worst case scenarios.This is why you should always plan ahead for all possibiltes. You bought yourself a product and now you get what you paid for just not in the way you wanted it. :(

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Thank you very much scooper, but the thing is I waited 10 months to broadcast AC3, the funny thing is I lost power at 10 e.s.t., the exact time of the gamestop launch. also i just looked on twitch.tv and there are over 20 channels broadcasting AC3. I feel like i let my viewers down, and although i know its something thats out of my control, i just feel like garbage. My viewers watch me religiously, they must be wondering, where is blades and why would he not be on twitch.tv broadcasting the day of AC3 (although i did leave a message on my channel, but maybe not everyone stopped by), the new game to the series we watched him play all year. aircard dying, have to run, I have to go to car to charge it and remain online.

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 06:38 AM
I saw the comment, jeez you have to move to Australia, no hurricane or tornadoes here

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Nah, its not even like that jerkchicken, im very happy i bought the game and i intend to play it. The thing is i was really looking forward to this day, to be able to broadcast it. i put in countless hours on twitch broadcasting ACR, with the hopes of broadcasting AC3 when it came out. As far as planning ahead, I live in N.Y., im not use to hurricanes, and the chances that we get one the day that i was planning to broadcast AC3 for 10 months, has got to be 1 in a million. i mean to the exact hour. i lost power at 10 p.m. which was the time gamestop was having the AC3 launch. I am actually broadcasting now, on a laptrop, in my car, using a wifi hotspot, but i only have a picture of AC3 up. I just felt like i had to explain to my viewers what went wrong.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Ya scooper, Australia is definately on my to do list one day.

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 07:57 AM
Nah, its not even like that jerkchicken, im very happy i bought the game and i intend to play it. The thing is i was really looking forward to this day, to be able to broadcast it. i put in countless hours on twitch broadcasting ACR, with the hopes of broadcasting AC3 when it came out. As far as planning ahead, I live in N.Y., im not use to hurricanes, and the chances that we get one the day that i was planning to broadcast AC3 for 10 months, has got to be 1 in a million. i mean to the exact hour. i lost power at 10 p.m. which was the time gamestop was having the AC3 launch. I am actually broadcasting now, on a laptrop, in my car, using a wifi hotspot, but i only have a picture of AC3 up. I just felt like i had to explain to my viewers what went wrong.
It must really suck to be in america right now :( stay safe all, please stay safe, I'm worried for you all:(

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-30-2012, 08:03 AM
The worst of the storm has passed now, but did its work. i hope i get power back tomorrow because thats when supposedly the embargo lifts, i just cant believe there are 20 channels up, even though i feel i got the short end of the stick on this, i guess its good for the franchise though. whats important is the growth of the game. Ty for your thoughts and concerns though.

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 08:04 AM
The worst of the storm has passed now, but did its work. i hope i get power back tomorrow because thats when supposedly the embargo lifts, i just cant believe there are 20 channels up, even though i feel i got the short end of the stick on this, i guess its good for the franchise though. whats important is the growth of the game. Ty for your thoughts and concerns though.
Thank god, I hope no-one was killed who is on these forums

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-30-2012, 08:13 AM
I Hope noone did as well. anyway, lets not clutter this thread, if you guys want to continue to chat come to my channel, im broadcasting there now. Im not playing a game at the moment waiting to explain to my viewers what went wrong. Address is in my signature.

RussellGorall
10-30-2012, 08:16 AM
If you have to try and ad blitz your channel on forums through shady spam threads... yeah.

SevereAtrophy
10-30-2012, 08:21 AM
If you have to try and ad blitz your channel on forums through shady spam threads... yeah.

There is no issue with him asking a question on here. So knock the attitude off.

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Lay off him newbie

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Im consfused Russel, what do you mean?

jmk1999
10-30-2012, 08:44 AM
he meant directing people to your signature... anyway, no worries... everyone just chill.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Ahh I see. Well I would like to reply to his post if I may, and then I wont mention it again. First off, hello Russell, nice to meet you and welcome to the forums, I am new myself, but before you bash me why dont you visit my channel.I have been broadcasting ACR for 10 months, sometimes 18 hours straight. I have helped numerous new people in the game. I have given out free copies of the game(at my expense).I have called Ubisoft technical support countless times to have them pass my opinions up to the developers on how to make AC3 better (these recommendations were not my personal preferences for the game, but real ways to make the game better overall...for everyone) .I have called Ubisoft corporate on a number of occasions to try to get a copy of the game early to help promote it on twitch because my main concern is the growth of the game. I have made twitter and youtube accounts at the requests of my viewers. Although my youtube account is new, I will mention I have captured, edited, and uploaded (on my own) a few videos to youtube to help teach, and show people just how much fun the game can be. I have invited my viewers to play with me to make the game that much more entertaining for them, as I teach them tips and tricks in the multiplayer. I have posted comments on AC3 videos to help build up that much more hype for the game. I have made business cards with the assassin's creed symbol on one side and my channel name on the other to give all AC players/fans a place to meet and interact with one another. I have recently started posting on the forums to be closer to the AC community. These are just a few things i can think of off the top of my head, And here is the kicker, I never got paid a dime to do all this, and will continue to do so. Ok, your turn. I wont lie though, I was a little taken back that someone would be upset and accuse me of spamming my channel here on the forums, but feel free to check out the channel. I put it in my signature, but in case its to small the address is twitch.tv/inventorblades. Welcome to the forums. And thank you very much jmk1999.

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Ahh I see. Well I would like to reply to his post if I may, and then I wont mention it again. First off, hello Russell, nice to meet you and welcome to the forums, I am new myself, but before you bash me why dont you visit my channel.I have been broadcasting ACR for 10 months, sometimes 18 hours straight. I have helped numerous new people in the game. I have given out free copies of the game(at my expense).I have called Ubisoft technical support countless times to have them pass my opinions up to the developers on how to make AC3 better (these recommendations were not my personal preferences for the game, but real ways to make the game better overall...for everyone) .I have called Ubisoft corporate on a number of occasions to try to get a copy of the game early to help promote it on twitch because my main concern is the growth of the game. I have made twitter and youtube accounts at the requests of my viewers. Although my youtube account is new, I will mention I have captured, edited, and uploaded (on my own) a few videos to youtube to help teach, and show people just how much fun the game can be. I have invited my viewers to play with me to make the game that much more entertaining for them, as I teach them tips and tricks in the multiplayer. I have posted comments on AC3 videos to help build up that much more hype for the game. I have made business cards with the assassin's creed symbol on one side and my channel name on the other to give all AC players/fans a place to meet and interact with one another. I have recently started posting on the forums to be closer to the AC community. These are just a few things i can think of off the top of my head, And here is the kicker, I never got paid a dime to do all this, and will continue to do so. Ok, your turn. I wont lie though, I was a little taken back that someone would be upset and accuse me of spamming my channel here on the forums, but feel free to check out the channel. I put it in my signature, but in case its to small the address is twitch.tv/inventorblades. Welcome to the forums.
Well said

ACrazedRabbit
10-30-2012, 10:39 AM
from what I can see this guy is genuinely trying to help out the AC3 community so I don't see why everyone is giving him that much flak sure he has his twitch account in his signature might be considered advertising but it isn't like he is a spam bot that post ads for say viagra on some forums

Free_Hidings
10-30-2012, 10:55 AM
from what I can see this guy is genuinely trying to help out the AC3 community so I don't see why everyone is giving him that much flak sure he has his twitch account in his signature might be considered advertising but it isn't like he is a spam bot that post ads for say viagra on some forums

Strong second account B-L-A-D-E-S

:P

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Thats a joke right free_hidings? I see a smiley at the bottom, that must be a joke, lol.

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 11:10 AM
lets drop the infighting..

Embargo lifts in about 6 hours in the UK - so after that all is well..

If this thread is only going to be snarky comments - it may as well be locked.

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Oh no, he was joking mr_shade, he put a smiley at the bottom. But anyway, the guy Acrazedrabbit is one of my viewers, while i was broadcasting, i was talking about what was happening on the forums, so he wanted a link to the thread. he then made an account as i suggested he do so and asked me what his first post should be about. I said to him, it can be anything he wants it to be about, but if he doesnt have a topic just to post a reply to one of my threads. As far as the embargo goes, I have seeing people play AC3 on twitch all night mr_shade, but what about youtube, i tried to upload a video but it was blocked right away. we should be good to go on youtube in 6 hours as well right?

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 11:26 AM
hopefully - depends on your region - you should contact your local office if you have concerns.

;)

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I was conversing with Acrazedrabbit on twitch, welcome to the forums:p

B-L-A-D-E-S
10-31-2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks for seconding that scooper. Unfotunately im still without power, Im on my laptop at the moment using my aircard. Trying to figure out how to get power. I might drop a 100 foot extension cord from my floor and leave my car running all night because i have a dc to ac converter, but it would be getting power from the cigarette lighter, not really sure if thats a smart idea though. I just wanna get on twitch and start broadcasting already now that the embargo is lifted.

Black_Widow9
10-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Alright everyone it's been lifted now. Since it is now in your signature people know where to go to find you. ;)

If you've got MP video's check out this thread. It is now open. :)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720975