PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed 3 Breaks Pre-Order Records for Ubisoft

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Ubisoft has announced today that pre-order numbers for their third proper entry in the Assassin’s Creed franchise have set the company’s all-time high.

With Assassin’s Creed 3 taking the franchise to the American Revolution, there’s no doubt that this setting change has excited a larger portion of the gaming community. In fact, the publisher went on to tout that not only is this game the “most pre-ordered in the company’s history”, its pre-order numbers are already double those of last year’s release, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations.

According to GameStop president Tony Bartel:

Pre-orders for Assassin’s Creed III at GameStop are nearly 100% higher than last year, putting the game on track to be one of the top titles of 2012. In addition, Ubisoft is offering high quality DLC available at launch to bring even more excitement to this title.

As such, there’s undoubtedly a ton of hype right now for Ubisoft’s upcoming action adventure. Will it deliver the stellar experience everyone is expecting? We’ll find out soon enough, when Assassin’s Creed 3 launches this coming Tuesday.

Commissar38
10-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Yes high-quality DLC... if you have a PS3...

thefreeman28989
10-25-2012, 07:59 PM
True

shanethebouncer
10-25-2012, 08:16 PM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWLVaU_W5gKpZK7AKYTTrGWzBKeUpHB 9fR0hOc0z7qV9ug5xAk

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 08:40 PM
TrueLearn to love it

Lights Out Asia
10-25-2012, 08:41 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWLVaU_W5gKpZK7AKYTTrGWzBKeUpHB 9fR0hOc0z7qV9ug5xAk
Yes, actually.

FinalJ1
10-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Ok Sony boys quit taunting the xboxers.

LightRey
10-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Ok Sony boys quit taunting the xboxers.
Yeah!
http://www.myteespot.com/images/Images_d/DSCF5880.jpg

Commissar38
10-25-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm not mad, just very disappointed lol

I knew I should've shelled out the 300 bucks for a PS3 when I had the chance...

De Filosoof
10-25-2012, 09:32 PM

Just watch a walkthrough for the DLC on youtube.
It's better than nothing.

FinalJ1
10-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah!
http://www.myteespot.com/images/Images_d/DSCF5880.jpg
Well Rey answered the question. Boxers or briefs?

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Yay everyone forgets and shrugs off the actual topic to talk about something pointless and off-topic.... AGAIN !!

MT4K
10-25-2012, 09:40 PM
I think it's great. I want AC3 to make lots of money so they can put it into future projects. The same way ACB and ACR helped fund AC3 :D.

Commissar38
10-25-2012, 09:50 PM

True that. Though to be honest I don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over not getting 4 extra Naval missions and the Benedict Arnold DLC with my Xbox edition. If they decide to release those PS3 exclusives for download then I guess I can be the bigger man and forgive Ubi and Sony for such obvious favoritism lol.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Can we stop talking about the exclusives now ? Jeez..

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 09:59 PM

You snooze, you lose.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 10:01 PM
You snooze, you lose.
Are you a child ?

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 10:03 PM
True that. Though to be honest I don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over not getting 4 extra Naval missions and the Benedict Arnold DLC with my Xbox edition. If they decide to release those PS3 exclusives for download then I guess I can be the bigger man and forgive Ubi and Sony for such obvious favoritism lol.It's good to see these Xboxers get the shaft for a change when it comes to dlc. I mean when it happens to the ps3 gamers, you guys think your such a big deal and have a laugh at our expense

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Are you a child ? Get your **** under ****ing control..

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Get your **** under ****ing control..
Your telling me, right ?

Does baby want his bottle ? Oh baby do not cry... cussing does not make you look cool... OR DO YOU WANT A BISCUIT, BOY ?? YOU WANT A BISCUIT ??? HERE`S A BISCUIT !! Now shut up

De Filosoof
10-25-2012, 10:10 PM
It's good to see these Xboxers get the shaft for a change when it comes to dlc. I mean when it happens to the ps3 gamers, you guys think your such a big deal and have a laugh at our expense

WTF? Do you realize that there are a lot of people around here who are older than 13 years old and don't give a S about this xbox vs ps crap?
I think it's pretty logical when some people are fed up with the fact that they are missing out on content.

Yeah i know, it's how marketing works, but that doesn't mean that people have to agree with it.

MT4K
10-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Do i have to lock this thread? Come on people.... Back on topic please.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Do i have to lock this thread? Come on people.... Back on topic please.
No.. you just have to ban kidhero99... that`s all you gotta do... or suspend him for a while

Please ?

Commissar38
10-25-2012, 10:15 PM
It's good to see these Xboxers get the shaft for a change when it comes to dlc. I mean when it happens to the ps3 gamers, you guys think your such a big deal and have a laugh at our expense

How about none of us get the shaft for a change? I have nothing against PS3 players and I think anyone who is shelling out anywhere from 60 to 120 quid for this game deserves to get the DLC.

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Your telling me, right ?

Does baby want his bottle ? Oh baby do not cry... cussing does not make you look cool... OR DO YOU WANT A BISCUIT, BOY ?? YOU WANT A BISCUIT ??? HERE`S A BISCUIT !! Now shut up
Can you hear the sound of the incoming ninjas? Of course you can’t :|

CSKarasu
10-25-2012, 11:45 PM
No way I'm preordering, from what I've seen price cut in first weeks guaranteed.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 11:46 PM
No way I'm preordering, from what I've seen price cut in first weeks guaranteed.
We already know... now shut up

kriegerdesgottes
10-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Great now the midnight launch line will be even bigger :(. Every year I go and feel so embarrassed waiting in line with a bunch of 16 year olds in Altair suits made out of their mother's sheets. I can't wait until the next day though.

ProdiGurl
10-26-2012, 01:06 AM
I think it's great. I want AC3 to make lots of money so they can put it into future projects. The same way ACB and ACR helped fund AC3 :D.

This is the reason I ended up deciding to take the 'leap of faith' and do my first pre order ever this morning . . Each of the last 3 AC's, I had bought used or when prices came down (since I didn't stumble upon AC until Brotherhood had been out for months) & I really wanted to support this series since it's my favorite out of all other game titles.
I haven't been disappointed in any of the AC's yet so I think it's worth splurging for this year & shows my support.
I'm SO excited & nervous at the same time. I hope I like Connor as much as I did Ezio. :rolleyes:

kidhero99
10-26-2012, 02:10 AM
whoa

catkiller97
10-26-2012, 04:27 AM
Assassin's Creed 3 Breaks Ubisoft's Pre-order Record with 40 million Pre-Orders (http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/10/25/assassins-creed-3-breaks-ubisofts-record-with-40-million-pre-orders/)

ASSASSIN'S CREED® III BREAKS UBISOFT PRE-ORDER RECORD

SAN FRANCISCO - October 25, 2012 -Today, Ubisoft® announced that Assassin's Creed® III is the most pre-ordered game in the company's history. Pre-orders of Assassin's Creed III already have more than doubled those of last year's Assassin's Creed Revelations®, Ubisoft's previous pre-order record holder.

With more than 40 awards won since its announcement such as Best E3 Action Game from both Game Informer and IGN, Assassin's Creed III, will be available on October 30 on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, November 18 for Wii U™ and November 20 on Windows® PC.

"Pre-orders for Assassin's Creed III at GameStop are nearly 100% higher than last year, putting the game on track to be one of the top titles of 2012," said Tony Bartel, president of GameStop. "In addition, Ubisoft is offering high quality DLC available at launch to bring even more excitement to this title."

Assassin's Creed III is the next installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, which has already sold more than 40 million copies worldwide. Players will step into the boots of a new hero, Connor. Set during the American Revolution in the late 18th century the Assassin will battle for liberty against ruthless tyranny in the most stylized and fluid combat experiences in the franchise to date.

"Assassin's Creed III is one of the most anticipated games of the year and this impressive pre-order mark is just a hint of the game's potential," said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales & marketing, Ubisoft. "When players discover the new features, historical period, characters and gaming experience that the development team has worked so hard to create, we're confident that they will agree that this is the biggest, best Assassin's Creed game yet."

40 Million http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wOOtjumpy.gif

SevereAtrophy
10-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Assassin's Creed 3 Breaks Ubisoft's Pre-order Record with 40 million Pre-Orders (http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/10/25/assassins-creed-3-breaks-ubisofts-record-with-40-million-pre-orders/)

40 Million http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wOOtjumpy.gif

They mean the AC franchise as a whole... No game would sell 40 Million on preorders.

Mrnilsman
10-26-2012, 09:25 AM

could you pm me the link ?

Assassin_M
10-26-2012, 09:28 AM
could you pm me the link ?
Its not out yet xD

Mrnilsman
10-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Its not out yet xD

oh,ok.
I already saw an aswer like that coming ;)