PDA

View Full Version : Connor = Younger, Stronger and Better

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Is it just me or does Connor seem like the most skilled assassin yet, I mean his fighting style is brutal, vicious and effective. He can assassinate while running, he is an extremely efficient climber. He is incredibly accurate with a bow, and he ambidextrous..do I even need to go on?

Not just that, but he is also younger then Ezio and Altair was when they were on the top of their game.

Discuss!

Crucify Lucifer
10-25-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm sure it probably has a little more to do with game play mechanics improving over time (i.e. Star Wars eps 1-3 make it seem like technology was MUCH more advanced and everyone was a helluva lot stronger than in 4-6). Nevertheless, Connor is already looking like a promising third ancestor and I cannot freakin wait any longer :(.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 08:00 PM
He`s only lucky because he`s using the Anvil Next Engine...

Sickull
10-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Lets just say this in theory Ezio could probably do anything Connor could.

Layytez
10-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Connor may be all those things but have you heard him say his own name ? It sounds different to all the other pronunciations ive heard.

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Lets just say this in theory Ezio could probably do anything Connor could.

Dual wield?

Connor may be all those things but have you heard him say his own name ? It sounds different to all the other pronunciations ive heard.

I have not, link please.

Layytez
10-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Dual wield?

I have not, link please.

Two secs im uploading it right now.

projectpat06
10-25-2012, 08:12 PM
or Just Better, Faster, Stronger...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g

someone with the talents to make videos should do one with Connor kicking some a** to this song and make it a tribute to the AnvilNext engine

projectpat06
10-25-2012, 08:23 PM
here is your link Ryzon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dpA8tC5ceNY#!

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 08:25 PM
here is your link Ryzon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dpA8tC5ceNY#!

I saw it ;)
Why does he pronounce it radanghangadang

Layytez
10-25-2012, 08:25 PM
I sent him a pm with that video i just uploaded -.-

projectpat06
10-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Achilles- "your name is Toby...I mean Connor"

scooper121s
10-25-2012, 09:41 PM
I saw it ;)
Why does he pronounce it radanghangadang
It's probably like Altair's name, multiple prononciations.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 09:45 PM
*Face palm*

decent2k10
10-25-2012, 09:49 PM
is it me, or looks desmond REALLY strange in AC3?

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Hello :)

This is a thread about Connor. Do you see the word "Desmond" in the title ? or anywhere in this thread ? No ? then why ? Why are you asking an irrelevant question on this thread ?

MT4K
10-25-2012, 09:52 PM
is it me, or looks desmond REALLY strange in AC3?

This thread is not for such discussion. Desmond's appearance has been talked about in the past. Please use the search function. Also be aware that pictures people post may be removed without warning for various reasons.

projectpat06
10-25-2012, 09:53 PM
^^^strange?? I think his face is a vast improvement over AC2, ACB and ACR. The facial animations are looking more and more like a CGI production. Same goes with Connor's facial expressions and animations over ezio's.

decent2k10
Sorry, first post....
Never gonna happen again

ACPrincess
Yes Connor is more skilled then the previous assassins, he benefits from being a "person from the land"

FirestarLuva
10-25-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm sure he will be the strongest. Even the devs said he's bigger, stronger than previous assassins.

CSKarasu
10-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Rubbish. Altair is the ultimate assassin, all the knowledge, advancements, skills and techniques in the assassin order stem from him.

LightRey
10-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Rubbish. Altair is the ultimate assassin, all the knowledge, advancements, skills and techniques in the assassin order stem from him.
The same can be said about physics and Aristotle. Yet I can hardly call him a better physicist than Albert Einstein or Isaac Newton.

Free_Hidings
10-25-2012, 11:57 PM

Being the originator =/= being the master, in fact since he had to create and perfect these skills and techniques himself he is at a disadvantage, as the younger assassins already have the knowledge at their disposal and can thus learn them faster.

I think that putting gameplay mechanics and such aside, Connor is definately the strongest and most aggressive assassin so far. He has more strength and power than the others, and probably can sprint faster too, but he would lack endurance compared to the more slender Ezio and Altair.

In other words he is better at small groups of combat, short bursts (chasing down nearby targets) and he has his "street smarts" in the forest.

Ezio and Altair would be better at climbing tall buildings, running long distances, prolonged combat.

Out of the two, I would say Altair would be the most endurable, and Ezio would be somewhere in between Connor and Altair

deathsmions
10-26-2012, 12:01 AM
I reckon that in a city he is the weakest, but in the forest he is the best

CSKarasu
10-26-2012, 12:37 AM
Being the originator =/= being the master, in fact since he had to create and perfect these skills and techniques himself he is at a disadvantage, as the younger assassins already have the knowledge at their disposal and can thus learn them faster.

I think that putting gameplay mechanics and such aside, Connor is definately the strongest and most aggressive assassin so far. He has more strength and power than the others, and probably can sprint faster too, but he would lack endurance compared to the more slender Ezio and Altair.

In other words he is better at small groups of combat, short bursts (chasing down nearby targets) and he has his "street smarts" in the forest.

Ezio and Altair would be better at climbing tall buildings, running long distances, prolonged combat.

Out of the two, I would say Altair would be the most endurable, and Ezio would be somewhere in between Connor and Altair

Hardly, not everything filtered down. Even Ezio, a master of the assassin order, was still scrambling for Altairs left over knowledge, techniques and weapons even at the end of his life.

LightRey
10-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Hardly, not everything filtered down. Even Ezio, a master of the assassin order, was still scrambling for Altairs left over knowledge, techniques and weapons even at the end of his life.
Knowledge, not techniques. He was looking for philosophical guidance and understanding, as was his duty as the Mentor.

WilderaWild
10-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Meanwhile on every other game forum... "This company sucks and the game needs this fixed!" while on this forum everyone is talking about how awesome everything will be :)

scooper121s
10-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Meanwhile on every other game forum... "This company sucks and the game needs this fixed!" while on this forum everyone is talking about how awesome everything will be :)
Agreed, at least people on here are sensible

BeCk41
10-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I think Connor is great in the guerrilla fighting aspect, but Ezio is great at remaining incomunicotto. :>

BeCk41
10-26-2012, 11:57 AM

YES! I just migrated over here from the multiplayer thread and dang, talk about negative energy. If people can try to remain positive and not criticize every little aspect of the game, then forums would be more fun to share opinions with others.

scooper121s
10-26-2012, 11:31 PM
***Nods head rapidly***