PDA

View Full Version : The Father of Understanding.

raytrek79
10-25-2012, 05:52 AM
This has probably been talked about to death but I don't have the attention span to read every thread here.

You probably have noticed this quote by Templars "May the Father of Understanding guide you". I am in the dark about this but I have a theory that, considering they say it over hundreds of years timespan, that maybe it refers to a god/ancient. Jupiter is the only male god as far as I know, so would this link the Templar movement to the ancients? Are they manipulating the Templars for their own agenda and are actually decieving both sides of the war?

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 06:03 AM
I`m sure you do not have the attention span to read every thread (No one does) but that`s why there is a search button...Use it

raytrek79
10-25-2012, 06:09 AM
I`m sure you do not have the attention span to read every thread (No one does) but that`s why there is a search button...Use it

I did that before I posted this. I am not sure what key words would isolate a discussion on this, but my statements stands, a bunch of threads did come up and although the list is narrowed down, I still do not have the attention span to read them all.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 06:11 AM
I did that before I posted this. I am not sure what key words would isolate a discussion on this, but my statements stands, a bunch of threads did come up and although the list is narrowed down, I still do not have the attention span to read them all.
Ah. So you actually found threads ? but did not feel like reading through them ?

GreatBeyonder
10-25-2012, 06:24 AM
Nobody knows. Because the series is told entiely from the viewpoint f Assassins, we learn very little about their private rituals, though Revelations MP files delve heavily into their general history. The closest candidate is Cain, who supposedly founded the Templars. What I find curious is that they're called 'Templars' and verbaly reference a higher power, but explicitly do not beleve in one

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 06:26 AM
This has probably been talked about to death but I don't have the attention span to read every thread here.

You probably have noticed this quote by Templars "May the Father of Understanding guide you". I am in the dark about this but I have a theory that, considering they say it over hundreds of years timespan, that maybe it refers to a god/ancient. Jupiter is the only male god as far as I know, so would this link the Templar movement to the ancients? Are they manipulating the Templars for their own agenda and are actually decieving both sides of the war?Well the timeline on the AC initiates site does show their influence beginning in the B.C

Free_Hidings
10-25-2012, 08:10 AM
I see nothing wrong with fresh discussion on an old topic.

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 08:30 AM
good for you

generallsj
10-25-2012, 08:32 AM
It is a saying for brainwashing.

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 08:34 AM
what? no

Free_Hidings
10-25-2012, 08:36 AM
good for you

wat

raytrek79
10-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Ah. So you actually found threads ? but did not feel like reading through them ?

I typed in key words like "Templar" "Jupiter" "father of understanding" and I got a bunch of topics. The first one was one I had already read and contributed to, the following half dozen, by their names, were not on this specific topic and there were a bunch completely irrelevant to it. If anyone knows of a particular thread that covers this topic, feel free to link it and I will delete this, but don't go out of your way.

Someone said Cane, is that Biblical Cane? I had been wondering if Ubisoft may be considering adding story or memories pre-dating the fall of Eden, so as to fill us in on the specifics of the origins of the two orders. I am pretty sure modern people will have dna from ancestors of that era, just it would be so deeply buried and need super-synch to get to them. Clay did leave a cutscene on Adam and Eve fleeing with an apple, so at least he has accessed similar memories.

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Someone just answer his question, you guys are really screwing up topics lately and straying way too far away from OP's question.

LightRey
10-25-2012, 10:48 AM
I typed in key words like "Templar" "Jupiter" "father of understanding" and I got a bunch of topics. The first one was one I had already read and contributed to, the following half dozen, by their names, were not on this specific topic and there were a bunch completely irrelevant to it. If anyone knows of a particular thread that covers this topic, feel free to link it and I will delete this, but don't go out of your way.

Someone said Cane, is that Biblical Cane? I had been wondering if Ubisoft may be considering adding story or memories pre-dating the fall of Eden, so as to fill us in on the specifics of the origins of the two orders. I am pretty sure modern people will have dna from ancestors of that era, just it would be so deeply buried and need super-synch to get to them. Clay did leave a cutscene on Adam and Eve fleeing with an apple, so at least he has accessed similar memories.
Cain*
and yes, that is one of the more likely suggestions, as the Templar Cross is claimed by Subject 16 to be the Mark of Cain.

scooper121s
10-25-2012, 10:07 PM
The father of understanding most likely refers to the belief that they are better than everyone, because the father of understating would be there so called great knowledge.

LightRey
10-25-2012, 10:19 PM
The father of understanding most likely refers to the belief that they are better than everyone, because the father of understating would be there so called great knowledge.
You mean like a metaphorical "father"? Interesting suggestion. I never thought of it like that before and I must say the idea is both intriguing and not unlikely to be true.

GreatBeyonder
10-26-2012, 02:30 AM
I already gave this question a legitimate answer... *feels underappreciated* :(

Saqaliba
10-26-2012, 02:56 AM
The historical Templars where said to have worshiped Baphomet. The Arabic word being Abu fihamat(أبو فهمة) which means, 'Father of Understanding'. The Templars were burned at the stake under the premise that Baphomet was a pagan god. Thus it would be that this 'Father of Understanding' would be one of T.W.C.B. Possibly Consus.

Consus was the God of agriculture and Cain was the first person to build a city. I.e. as Abel was a hunter-gatherer, Cain was the first to leave this and begin an agricultural society. He was the first to utilize the technology of the apple and use it to build a city - so Consus would be deemed as the God that watches over this activity. I.e. Consus would be appropriate as the Templar's 'Father of Understanding'.

scooper121s
10-26-2012, 09:12 AM
You mean like a metaphorical "father"? Interesting suggestion. I never thought of it like that before and I must say the idea is both intriguing and not unlikely to be true.
Grazie messer

LightRey
10-26-2012, 11:48 AM
The historical Templars where said to have worshiped Baphomet. The Arabic word being Abu fihamat(أبو فهمة) which means, 'Father of Understanding'. The Templars were burned at the stake under the premise that Baphomet was a pagan god. Thus it would be that this 'Father of Understanding' would be one of T.W.C.B. Possibly Consus.

Consus was the God of agriculture and Cain was the first person to build a city. I.e. as Abel was a hunter-gatherer, Cain was the first to leave this and begin an agricultural society. He was the first to utilize the technology of the apple and use it to build a city - so Consus would be deemed as the God that watches over this activity. I.e. Consus would be appropriate as the Templar's 'Father of Understanding'.
You're getting a little ahead of yourself here.