PDA

View Full Version : A.I, camera, graphics and gameplay issues revealed for ĎAssassinís Creed 3í

uBoba
10-25-2012, 03:03 AM
Discuss?
http://www.examiner.com/article/a-i-camera-graphics-and-gameplay-issues-revealed-for-assassin-s-creed-3

The enemy AI is not very great, sometimes you can run away from enemies by running in circles around a hay bale, or soldiers falling to their deaths from rooftops while chasing you, friendly NPCs also don't adjust to your speed very well and sometimes run to you only to stand still for a couple of seconds, then repeating it
Riding horses in the Frontier is not a good idea, horses are described as "incompetent", making free-/treerunning a faster way to travel, though riding helps in winter when the snow slows you down a lot

Graphics:
There are visible clipping issues, for example the lockpicks sometimes don't fit in the keyholes, enemies' bodies and weapons sometimes float in the air, and carts sometimes ignore horses "parked" on streets, "ghosting" through them, braids and ponytails also clip through faces

Camera:
There are issues with the camera, sometimes it positions itself very poorly and sometimes even stops working (as in you can't move it with the right stick)

Gameplay:
The trees in the Frontier feel very artificial, the paths that the branches make poke in the eye more than the ones in the cities. Also, sometimes it is difficult to see the spots you can climb, especially on stone walls
The "wait, I did not want you to do THIS!" freerunning issues return - the journalist mentioned one occasion in which he tried to climb a certain spot for 10 minutes, because the game wouldn't let him climb it, while he eventually succeeded

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 03:06 AM
Been discussed and I`m not buying because of this..

Game looks like it`ll suck... Also, You`re getting banned again..

uBoba
10-25-2012, 03:07 AM

Well of course, but developers should look more into these bugs? I mean floating bodies? com on.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 03:08 AM
Well of course, but developers should look more into these bugs? I mean floating bodies? com on.
Game`s gold.. nothing is gonna change..

You`ll be banned, btw.. just saying..

uBoba
10-25-2012, 03:09 AM
Game`s gold.. nothing is gonna change..

You`ll be banned, btw.. just saying..

Why?

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 03:10 AM
Why?
Because dodging a first ban is against the rules... you should at least try a more creative name

uBoba
10-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Because dodging a first ban is against the rules... you should at least try a more creative name

Thanks for the heads up but i came here to discuss. And I am fully aware of that.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the heads up but i came here to discuss. And I am fully aware of that.
Does not change the fact that you were banned once, and as such, will be banned again:)

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 03:13 AM
Why was he banned?

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 03:14 AM
Why was he banned?
Because he posted the leaked video where he should not have after being told not to post it..

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 03:23 AM
Because he posted the leaked video where he should not have after being told not to post it..

*facepalm*

Theassassin4756
10-25-2012, 03:37 AM
you know what's nice? The game is probably gonna have a day one patch that will fix these bugs that cropped right before gold. So i don't see why people are getting bent out of shape, plus other games have launched completely broken yet get GotY awards.

just saying.

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 03:39 AM
Well, they always gotta ruin a persons enjoyment for a game

NavySealsGuy
10-25-2012, 03:42 AM

Why do you think it will suck? Just out of curiosity.

shiroxkatsuya
10-25-2012, 03:43 AM
if everyone gave up cause of a few bugs there would be no gaming industry. this is a massive open world game, clipping issues are to be expected. the floating bodies im sure can easily be patched. the AI in AC has never been that great. some people get bent out of shape way to easily. that article also said that he felt the game was a great refresh for the series and was hard to not keep coming back to it. in the end its your own judgement that counts, no one elses. if your that worried over these small issues, borrow a friends copy before you pay for your own.

Timeaus
10-25-2012, 03:46 AM

I think he was being sarcastic.

Sarari
10-25-2012, 03:47 AM
I'm not fully convinced that this game is gonna be as bad as this review says. Almost every single review for AC3 has been amazing or good at the least. If the clipping issues were that big and the AI's were really that bad, I'm pretty sure it would've been mentioned already in many other reviews.

rileypoole1234
10-25-2012, 03:47 AM

Sarcasm. He's being ignorant on purpose. He's not really ignorant, he's just M.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 03:48 AM
Could not have said it better..

There is your Answer, whoever was asking..

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 03:56 AM
Yes, he is

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 04:00 AM
He thinks I`m Awesome

Yes, he is
Yes, yes I am. Thank you..

tjbyrum1
10-25-2012, 04:03 AM
*wipes sweat from brow*

You scared me Assassin_M. You're one of those forum members I consider an 'elite'... which basically means I just see (and others, like Esco) you guys posting a lot and consider you well-known and 'popular' members. And to see you type that, it really worried me, haha.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 04:06 AM
*wipes sweat from brow*

You scared me Assassin_M. You're one of those forum members I consider an 'elite'... which basically means I just see (and others, like Esco) you guys posting a lot and consider you well-known and 'popular' members. And to see you type that, it really worried me, haha.
Nah do not worry:p

I`m still holding my ground >_>

tjbyrum1
10-25-2012, 04:13 AM
Good.

It's just that this game looks absolutely marvelous, and I sure hope it is marvelous to play.

From the looks of it so far, it could surpass my current favorite game of all time - Red Dead Redemption... and if it does that - good job Ubi! Nothing has ever come close to beating RDR... nothing. But AC3 looks like it might!

But I'm sure it will....

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 04:15 AM
Good.

It's just that this game looks absolutely marvelous, and I sure hope it is marvelous to play.

From the looks of it so far, it could surpass my current favorite game of all time - Red Dead Redemption... and if it does that - good job Ubi! Nothing has ever come close to beating RDR... nothing. But AC3 looks like it might!

But I'm sure it will....
My feelings exactly;)

Including the RDR bit

projectpat06
10-25-2012, 04:23 AM
Good.

But I'm sure it will....

Ha, I'm playing undead nightmare right now with halloween coming up and with the walking dead playing every week. And I completely agree with you. I'm hoping that this game will either be just as good as red dead to me if not better. Red dead still leaves me in Awe when I play. Just from everything I've seen in the trailers and footage for AC3, I get that same feeling as I do about RDR. Had the same feeling about Arkham City where I just knew it was going to be awesome, and of course, it was.

tjbyrum1
10-25-2012, 04:31 AM
RDR is a masterpiece in my opinion. It has a great story, great characters, great graphics, great soundtrack, great.... EVERYTHING! I have played and beat I know at least 15 times... no sarcasm, no figurative speech. I love this game, and I have put a LOT of hours into the game.

One of the main things I like is the setting and the hunting, especially around West Elizabeth. With a similar setting (Frontier) as West Elizabeth, inclusion of pistols and rifles, and a hunting loop... wow, it has to be awesome.

Theassassin4756
10-25-2012, 04:35 AM
RDR soundtrack....twitch..twitch...

projectpat06
10-25-2012, 04:38 AM
RDR is a masterpiece in my opinion. It has a great story, great characters, great graphics, great soundtrack, great.... EVERYTHING! I have played and beat I know at least 15 times... no sarcasm, no figurative speech. I love this game, and I have put a LOT of hours into the game.

One of the main things I like is the setting and the hunting, especially around West Elizabeth. With a similar setting (Frontier) as West Elizabeth, inclusion of pistols and rifles, and a hunting loop... wow, it has to be awesome.

Yeah, when I was playing in Tall Trees, I keep thinking, "why hasn't anyone made an awesome open world game set during the American Revolution?" I even wrote to Rockstar about my idea then two years later it became a reality but by another awesome producer.

luckyto
10-25-2012, 04:49 AM

Yes, it is a masterpiece.

I honestly don't believe AC3 will be that good, but I am hopeful. I really hope things aren't as bad as that report, but given what others have seen; I really doubt it. I think AC3 will even have some parts I like better than RDR, but I'm trying to maintain a level mind.

CalgaryJay
10-25-2012, 05:16 AM
Yeah, when I was playing in Tall Trees, I keep thinking, "why hasn't anyone made an awesome open world game set during the American Revolution?"

The funny thing about that is, there's rumours the West Elizabeth area was based on a setting from many western movies which were actually filmed in western Canada. Pretty much an hour from where I live actually, many westerns filmed here (Unforgiven, Open Range, Legends of the Fall, Texas Rangers, Shanghai Noon, The Assassination of Jesse James, the new AMC series Hell on Wheels, etc). That's basically what it looks like, prairies leading into the Rocky Mountains to the West. Anyone interested by that? No? Alright then...

Back to the OP, who signs up for a board dedicated to one game just so they can complain about said game right out of the gate? Nice life.

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 05:33 AM
How sweet it is

shiroxkatsuya
10-25-2012, 05:55 AM
Yes, it is a masterpiece.

I honestly don't believe AC3 will be that good, but I am hopeful. I really hope things aren't as bad as that report, but given what others have seen; I really doubt it. I think AC3 will even have some parts I like better than RDR, but I'm trying to maintain a level mind. don't forget that well RDR was an incredible game, it was not perfect. it to still had its bugs, which comes with a huge open world game like that. ubi really put there time in with this one ,an i rly do believe this will be the best of a alrdy one of a kind series.

AWBiggs
10-25-2012, 06:36 AM
Sounds to me like the reviewer had either a) never played an AC game before or b) simply sucked at the new controls

...until I get the game in my hands, I could care less what a "reviewer" says. Discover the game for yourself and come to your own conclusions.

Lass4r
10-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Well done! You just took all the negatives from that report and none of the bountiful positives. You're creating the impression that he thought it was a bad game. Clipping issues are a given in any game, I haven't seen anyone get rid of that yet.

l Khasim l
10-25-2012, 09:53 AM
I give up posting on this forum, the site in the OP here links to my thread ON THIS FORUM, and yet someone created a thread cutting out only the complaints (even though I said numerous times that the journalist loved the game, also he says he is the biggest AC fan in the magazine's staff and he felt bad that he had to play it under pressure instead of enjoying it properly), and it already has half the pages my thread has, while both threads are flooded with redundant comments about how the journalist is bad at the game or has never played any of the Assassin's Creed games.

Seriously, it's a pity that such a great game series has so many lemmings for fans.

EDIT: Also, yes, I'm mad that my thread is getting bad attention, my goal was to share some new info, not attract fanboys.

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 10:17 AM
I remember when M said he was going dark. THOSE WERE GOOD TIMES. GOOD. TIMES.