PDA

View Full Version : New details from a Polish article [NO STORY SPOILERS]

l Khasim l
10-24-2012, 07:00 PM
So I just bought the newest CD-Action (the biggest Polish gaming magazine), and they did a clever trick in this issue - basically, they "reviewed" AC3, meaning that they played the full game and wrote a long article about it, but they never call it a review per se, they didn't grade it as well (they have a 1-10 grading system). Here's the cover:

http://s.cdaction.pl/obrazki//cd-action-12-2012-okladka_bz9h7.jpg

The article had a reasonably big spoiler about the beginning of the game and the reason Demond is reliving his ancestors' lives again, I won't tell anything about it. I will only list new gameplay details and their impressions from the game.
As Ubisoft probably reviewed their article before allowing for it to be published, I take that it's entirely okay for me to repost these information here. If not, then I'm sorry, I hope it's not bannable to post the following info.

Here we go:

- aside from the "cookie cutter" beginning, the story is written extremely well, no more "Assassins = good, Templars = bad" routine - they are portrayed more like in AC1, having the same goal but different opinions on achieving it
- the trees in the Frontier feel very artificial, the paths that the branches make poke in the eye more than the ones in the cities. Also, sometimes it is difficult to see the spots you can climb, especially on stone walls
- animal baits sometimes trigger a funny effect where they attract huge amounts of animals (the author compared it to the scene from one of the Shrek movies, where forest animals charge at Fiona)
- there are challenges connected to hunting, like "kill X bears with the hidden blade" (not sure if it is an actual challenge, it was used as an example)
- the Assassin recruits are obtained by finishing quest lines to liberate city districts
- you can now send your recruits to do missions anytime, from anywhere, no need to find pigeon coups
- you can only use the recruits in cities
- (not entirely new info, but slight minor side-quest spoiler, so I'll write it in black) there are side missions in which you must check if the trappers' stories are true - Sasquatch and Kraken are mentioned as examples
- looting convoys earns you money and other goods
- there is a lockpicking minigame
- there is a fistfighting club
- in order to produce goods in the Homestead, you must not only help the people who ill eventually settle there, you must also obtain schematics for items like medicine or clothes - you either find them in chests or learn to create them by experimenting (they did not specify what "experimenting" means in this case)
- the journalist claims that the main quests in AC3 takes around 20 hours, and completing all the side missions and challenges should last another 20 hours
- it is implied that muskets cannot be purchased or worn at all times, they have to be stolen, similar to pikes in AC2-ACR
- the combat is very similar to Batman: Arkham City with enemies attacking you constantly and more than one at a time, but the journalist described B:AC battle system as "unattainably perfect", I guess that means he found the AC3 fighting system worse. He said that he used the tomahawk through most of the game and that he absolutely loved the animations, though
- the journalist claimed that he spent very little time running on rooftops
- the enemy AI is not very great, sometimes you can run away from enemies by running in circles around a hay bale, or soldiers falling to their deaths from rooftops while chasing you (I doubt that last one is bad AI, some people are dumb IRL as well :P ), friendly NPCs also don't adjust to your speed very well and sometimes run to you only to stand still for a couple of seconds, then repeating it
- there are visible clipping issues, for example the lockpicks sometimes don't fit in the keyholes, enemies' bodies and weapons sometimes float in the air, and carts sometimes ignore horses "parked" on streets, "ghosting" through them, braids and ponytails also clip through faces
- the characters' faces are done extremely well, with eyes "that feel more alive than in majority of games"
- there are issues with the camera, sometimes it positions itself very poorly and sometimes even stops working (as in you can't move it with the right stick)
- the "wait, I did not want you to do THIS!" freerunning issues return - the journalist mentioned one occasion in which he tried to climb a certain spot for 10 minutes, because the game wouldn't let him climb it, while he eventually succeeded
- riding horses in the Frontier is not a good idea, horses are described as "incompetent", making free-/treerunning a faster way to travel, though riding helps in winter when the snow slows you down a lot

That's it, all of the new details that I found. There are also some multiplayer details, but I didn't care to translate them. If this thread won't get locked and people will want me to, I will post the multiplayer info (though I don't follow the multiplayer news, I won't be playing it because I find it unfair with all the leveling and perks, so I will post it all)

EDIT: Since people seem to focus on the journalist's opinion too much, I will say that in the final paragraph he said that the game's flaws are either familiar enough to the fans that they are used to them already or not big enough to have a serious impact on the experience. He also says that AC III refreshes the series very well, that playing it is very very fun and you just want to keep coming back to play it.

Mr_Shade
10-24-2012, 07:04 PM
tbh you shouldn't really post information from magazines without permission..

re the bugs - many may be fixed in a day one patch, so the reviewers would not have access to it yet ;)

l Khasim l
10-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Hey, at least I didn't copy-paste the article :) And I thought it was not a big deal, since details from every single major Game Informer article are all over the Internet in a matter of hours...

Assassin_M
10-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Details ? All I read was someone`s Opinion..(but Nice find)

(Forum goes panic mode in 5)

Mrnilsman
10-24-2012, 07:09 PM
That doesn't sound too good.
It kind of ruins my anticipation a bit...

ACfan443
10-24-2012, 07:11 PM
I always had that concern about the trees in the frontier and horse riding.

Assassin_M
10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Panic Mode engaged..

xXRazvanXx
10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
And how about the people (like me) that can`t conect to xbox live ?
I`m supposed to play with the bugs.

Gespenst1246
10-24-2012, 07:13 PM
the lock-picking mini-game sounds pretty cool. i hope the fistfight club isn't like the one in AC:B though.

l Khasim l
10-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Everyone please keep in mind that the bugs might be just the journalist's bad luck, I've played through lots of games described as "filled with bugs" without experiencing much, like Gothic 3 and Red Dead Redemption.

ACfan443
10-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Panic Mode engaged..

You're kinda driving it by mentioning it. I'm not panicking, the stuff the reviewer said was mostly positive. The artificial tree concern was one at the back of my head for a few weeks now, but it's very minor.

Lass4r
10-24-2012, 07:15 PM
We already knew that the trees seems artificial after all the footage thats been released. Aside from that he seems very positive about the game, so I don't know what you guys are talking about...

FirestarLuva
10-24-2012, 07:15 PM
From what I've read the whole game will take 40 hours or even more! Yes!

Evenesque
10-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Ill trust my own review over some polish guy who thinks its a good idea to pull the wool over ubi's eyes and publish an almost review. Plus its an opinion piece, with redundant facts in it. The only new info I saw was that the guy had a soso opinion of the game, and sounds like a couple of reviewers I know of when they review a game they weren't that interested in to begin with. Again, pure opinion though.

l Khasim l
10-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Meh, I suspected that if I posted the journalist's impressions along with the facts people would forget about the facts and focus on the ever-present "HIS OPINION IS WRONG" argument... oh well, I guess that's just human nature.

Assassin_M
You're kinda driving it by mentioning it. I'm not panicking, the stuff the reviewer said was mostly positive. The artificial tree concern was one at the back of my head for a few weeks now, but it's very minor.
Did I say it was you ? Did i point anyone out ? look at the post above yours in the previous page. His anticipation died a bit after reading the article..

And how do I drive it by saying it ? That is not even possible.. who the hell listens to me anyway ? Or is it that when I say something positive no one gives a crap, and when i say something negative everyone jumps on my back and I`m suddenly the instigator of chaos ? -__-

Mr_Shade
guys - remember this is NOT a review - just some thoughts on the game..

Best to wait for the major magazines to do the final reviews ;)

xXRyzonXx
I've seen the lockpicking minigame, and it's awesome.

As for the rest of the article, this guy seems to be nitpicking alot, I mean he dislikes the combat, which most have said they love.

l Khasim l
10-24-2012, 07:23 PM
For the record, since people seem to focus on the journalist's opinion too much, I will say that in the final paragraph he said that the game's flaws are either familiar enough to the fans that they are used to them already or not big enough to have a serious impact on the experience. He also says that AC III refreshes the series very well, that playing it is very very fun and you just want to keep coming back to play it. I'm adding that to the OP, that might calm some hotheads down.

Subject J80
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Panic Mode engaged..

This made me laugh so much! Thanks!

ACfan443
10-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Did I say it was you ? Did i point anyone out ? look at the post above yours in the previous page. His anticipation died a bit after reading the article..

And how do I drive it by saying it ? That is not even possible.. who the hell listens to me anyway ? Or is ut that when I say something positive no one gives a crap, and when i say something negative everyone jumps on my back and I`m suddenly the instigator of chaos ? -__-

Dude chill out!!

I was generalising, not victimising. If someone's like "panic mode's starting! Everyone's gonna start panicking!" It's in itself going to make people assume that what the article said is negative, and start a panick mode anyway...kinda like someone shouting "fight!"

And I know you weren't directly talking to me, I was just justifying my concerns and having a say

Mrnilsman
10-24-2012, 07:30 PM
That sounds pretty good but I was expecting something like " this is one of the best games of this generation "or something like this rather than "it's fun" :D

Gespenst1246
10-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Heck if the combat is anywhere near as good as B:AC than its a definite win in my book.

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Opinion are like [edit], everyone has one.

pacmanate
10-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Opinion are like [edit], everyone has one.

Do not bypass the filter system. You now have 1 Infraction, please check your DM's.

Mr_Shade
10-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Do not bypass the filter system. You now have 1 Infraction, please check your DM's.
and don't arm chair moderate...

De Filosoof
10-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Major clipping issues were kinda inevitable i guess...

pacmanate
10-24-2012, 07:55 PM
and don't arm chair moderate...

:o

Many of these issues will probably get fixed at some point hopefully. I like that he says its 20 main mission length 20 side mission length.

BBALive
10-24-2012, 08:01 PM
- it is implied that muskets cannot be purchased or worn at all times, they have to be stolen, similar to pikes in AC2-ACR
This has to be wrong. We've seen Connor carrying a musket on his back.

dbuddy101
10-24-2012, 08:14 PM
This has to be wrong. We've seen Connor carrying a musket on his back. Actually I believe he is right. It is a dlc option for those who get the signature edition or preorder at best buy I believe. Unless it is added to XBL or PSN, that may be the case. Of course we may be wrong.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Hmmm... This is the second time I hear a reviewer thought the game was buggy and not exactly the second coming of Christ everyone was hoping for. In any case, won't matter to me since I will buy it even if it got like sub-70 reviews on MetaCritic, plus it's still early and only two so-so opinions I've heard so far so we'll see. People may want to keep their expectations in check though

pacmanate
10-24-2012, 08:24 PM
It best be a good game

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm getting a little worried.

pacmanate
10-24-2012, 08:41 PM
I dont think the trees look THAT artificial but I do think they could have done with some more leaves and stuff.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-24-2012, 08:42 PM
I dont think the trees look THAT artificial but I do think they could have done with some more leaves and stuff.

For this generation I think they've done the best they could and I'm happy with the way climbable trees look.

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Hmmm... This is the second time I hear a reviewer thought the game was buggy and not exactly the second coming of Christ everyone was hoping for. In any case, won't matter to me since I will buy it even if it got like sub-70 reviews on MetaCritic, plus it's still early and only two so-so opinions I've heard so far so we'll see. People may want to keep their expectations in check though

whats the other guy who said it was buggy?

r4inm4n1991
10-24-2012, 08:52 PM
In the "Inside's" and "Making Of's" they say a lot like- "Frontier is gorgeous", "Game is Huge", "Game is a Monster", "World that is alive".

RatonhnhakeFan
whats the other guy who said it was buggy?
A poster on NeoGaf said a couple days ago that his reviewer friend said similar things

shiroxkatsuya
i wouldn't worry to much yet, people like to nit pick an certain bugs could easily be patched.regardless of what anyone says i will reserve my own judgement for when i have first hand experience with the game.

pacmanate
10-24-2012, 08:54 PM
For this generation I think they've done the best they could and I'm happy with the way climbable trees look.

Are you saying that this generation limits how many leaves you can put on branches?

RatonhnhakeFan
10-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Are you saying that this generation limits how many leaves you can put on branches?
PS3 & 360 are machines with 2005 tech. It may be limiting

shiroxkatsuya
10-24-2012, 09:02 PM
2006 & 2005 tech actually lol. ubi said so themself that with out the anvil next engine they designed this game would never of been possible on current gen systems, i would expect some bugs cause it seems that there really pushing the machines to the limit, a good example of this is the fact that the xbox version requires 2 discs, no other AC needed 2

ACfan443
10-24-2012, 09:08 PM

Well the dev in the "making Assassin's Creed" video said that foliage is "very costly on the GPU"
I don't think it's the leaves which make the trees look artificial, it's the way two very thick branches stick out unnaturally from the middle of the trunk

Commissar38
10-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Well that and during the videos you can see the trees you climb on (the ugly brown trees with strangely shaped branches) and there are the "realistic" looking white birch trees I saw in the Frontier.

bluetoes1
10-24-2012, 09:35 PM
A poster on NeoGaf said a couple days ago that his reviewer friend said similar things
Please can you give me a link directing to the that thread? Or directions to it? I couldn't find it.

projectpat06
10-24-2012, 09:46 PM
I don't care if it's the worse of the 5 games. I'm still going to play it. Bugs? Red Dead had tons yet it's still in my top 5 and got 9.7 i think from ign. I've heard it struggles to find it's own identity because it takes so many elements from other games like arkham, unchartered, and red dead. So how does that make it bad? If the game stays true to the previous assassin's games with the mechanics and awesome story, I will be satisfied. Heck, Infamous 2 got a 7 i think from gamespot, and I absolutely loved that game and thought it was ten times better than the first. This game can get a 7 and I would still be pumped to play it.

Mrnilsman
10-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I actually think it will be the best of the 5 games. It takes the old AC formula with all of its pros and cons and adds elements of truly awesome games like B:AC or RDR. What more could someone wish for ?

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 09:52 PM
To ease some worried people.

Complaint 1: - the trees in the Frontier feel very artificial, the paths that the branches make poke in the eye more than the ones in the cities. Also, sometimes it is difficult to see the spots you can climb, especially on stone walls

The fact that the tree's feel artificial is probably due to the fact that they have to be artificial to a certain extent in order for the tree climbing to work properly. When it comes to the difficult to see what you can climb and what you cant, its all something you have to get used to, I'm certain you'll get more used to it after a while of climbing.

Complaint 2: - the combat is very similar to Batman: Arkham City with enemies attacking you constantly and more than one at a time, but the journalist described B:AC battle system as "unattainably perfect", I guess that means he found the AC3 fighting system worse. He said that he used the tomahawk

There is just something wierd about this complaint to me, because out of all the people i've heard talk about the combat (press whos played it for example" say the combat is excellent this time around, I mean some people complained about the combat system in the other AC games, i suspect this guy is one of the people who did.

Complaint 3: the enemy AI is not very great, sometimes you can run away from enemies by running in circles around a hay bale, or soldiers falling to their deaths from rooftops while chasing you

Lets be honest, when has the AI in ac ever been amazing! they were still really good games, as far the running around a haybale thing, i am pretty sure this kinda stuff will be fixed by patch, and lets be honest, if you hate it, "DONT RUN AROUND THE HAYBALE!" its like people complaining about the XP glitches in skyrim, they don't bother you, if you don't use the. with a game like this size there is bound to be bugs, skyrim for example, that game was very buggy at release, but it was still considered a great game.

Complaint 4: - there are visible clipping issues, for example the lockpicks sometimes don't fit in the keyholes, enemies' bodies and weapons sometimes float in the air, and carts sometimes ignore horses "parked" on streets, "ghosting" through them, braids and ponytails also clip through faces

What open world game theese days doesn't have "visible clipping issues" I was expecting them, I knew they would be in the game, because they are extremely hard to avoid, enemies bodies floating and weapons floating can also be fixed with a bugfix patch. If you didn't expect ponytails and hair and such to clip from time to time then you are stupid.

Complaint 5: - there are issues with the camera, sometimes it positions itself very poorly and sometimes even stops working (as in you can't move it with the right stick)

Camera issues have been around in all the ac games, does this justify it, no. but it does make it a little bit more understandable, however on this point, i will agree with the author partly, However, I have heard several reviewers complain about camera angles in other games, then i played it myself and i had none of those issues.

Complaint 6: - the "wait, I did not want you to do THIS!" freerunning issues return - the journalist mentioned one occasion in which he tried to climb a certain spot for 10 minutes, because the game wouldn't let him climb it.

This is in every game that contains free running and climbing, all of the ac games, all of the uncharted games, this is bound to happen from time to time, and it is something you have to get used to, when played ac2 for the first time, this happened alot to me, seeing as I hadn't a gotten used to the game mechanics properly, however after a while it starts getting more rare.

Complaint 7: - riding horses in the Frontier is not a good idea, horses are described as "incompetent", making free-/treerunning a faster way to travel, though riding helps in winter when the snow slows you down a lot

Again, Its a mechanic you have to get used to, im sure horses can be really annoying at times, when you don't know what they can jump over and what they cant. I'm sure as you get used to the game mechanic of horses it will get better.

So after all, I don't believe these complaints to be gamebreaking by any means. If you still do, i don't know what to say, but all this panic isn't needed, I panicked myself to begin with, but then i read through his complaints and analyzed them, and then i realized they are only scratches, in a game im sure will be great, that isn't to say it won't have problems, i am sure it will have its faults, but i think it will be a title, to be remembered.

shiroxkatsuya
10-24-2012, 10:03 PM

Complaint 1: - the trees in the Frontier feel very artificial, the paths that the branches make poke in the eye more than the ones in the cities. Also, sometimes it is difficult to see the spots you can climb, especially on stone walls

The fact that the tree's feel artificial is probably due to the fact that they have to be artificial to a certain extent in order for the tree climbing to work properly. When it comes to the difficult to see what you can climb and what you cant, its all something you have to get used to, I'm certain you'll get more used to it after a while of climbing.

Complaint 2: - the combat is very similar to Batman: Arkham City with enemies attacking you constantly and more than one at a time, but the journalist described B:AC battle system as "unattainably perfect", I guess that means he found the AC3 fighting system worse. He said that he used the tomahawk

There is just something wierd about this complaint to me, because out of all the people i've heard talk about the combat (press whos played it for example" say the combat is excellent this time around, I mean some people complained about the combat system in the other AC games, i suspect this guy is one of the people who did.

Complaint 3: the enemy AI is not very great, sometimes you can run away from enemies by running in circles around a hay bale, or soldiers falling to their deaths from rooftops while chasing you

Lets be honest, when has the AI in ac ever been amazing! they were still really good games, as far the running around a haybale thing, i am pretty sure this kinda stuff will be fixed by patch, and lets be honest, if you hate it, "DONT RUN AROUND THE HAYBALE!" its like people complaining about the XP glitches in skyrim, they don't bother you, if you don't use the. with a game like this size there is bound to be bugs, skyrim for example, that game was very buggy at release, but it was still considered a great game.

Complaint 4: - there are visible clipping issues, for example the lockpicks sometimes don't fit in the keyholes, enemies' bodies and weapons sometimes float in the air, and carts sometimes ignore horses "parked" on streets, "ghosting" through them, braids and ponytails also clip through faces

What open world game theese days doesn't have "visible clipping issues" I was expecting them, I knew they would be in the game, because they are extremely hard to avoid, enemies bodies floating and weapons floating can also be fixed with a bugfix patch. If you didn't expect ponytails and hair and such to clip from time to time then you are stupid.

Complaint 5: - there are issues with the camera, sometimes it positions itself very poorly and sometimes even stops working (as in you can't move it with the right stick)

Camera issues have been around in all the ac games, does this justify it, no. but it does make it a little bit more understandable, however on this point, i will agree with the author partly, However, I have heard several reviewers complain about camera angles in other games, then i played it myself and i had none of those issues.

Complaint 6: - the "wait, I did not want you to do THIS!" freerunning issues return - the journalist mentioned one occasion in which he tried to climb a certain spot for 10 minutes, because the game wouldn't let him climb it.

This is in every game that contains free running and climbing, all of the ac games, all of the uncharted games, this is bound to happen from time to time, and it is something you have to get used to, when played ac2 for the first time, this happened alot to me, seeing as I hadn't a gotten used to the game mechanics properly, however after a while it starts getting more rare.

Complaint 7: - riding horses in the Frontier is not a good idea, horses are described as "incompetent", making free-/treerunning a faster way to travel, though riding helps in winter when the snow slows you down a lot

Again, Its a mechanic you have to get used to, im sure horses can be really annoying at times, when you don't know what they can jump over and what they cant. I'm sure as you get used to the game mechanic of horses it will get better.

So after all, I don't believe these complaints to be gamebreaking by any means. If you still do, i don't know what to say, but all this panic isn't needed, I panicked myself to begin with, but then i read through his complaints and analyzed them, and then i realized they are only scratches, in a game im sure will be great, that isn't to say it won't have problems, i am sure it will have its faults, but i think it will be a title, to be remembered. now that is a sensible post :D hes right what huge open world game is without its hiccups.RDR was a perfect example, i love that game to death and it had some pretty nasty bugs, don't even get me started on skyrim. games of this nature are never 100% perfect on release no matter how good. i think everyone should just relax and see for themselves come next week

hadarm18
10-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Those complaints from the reviewer are just minor flaws
no game will be perfect that is impossible

Game is still gonna be GOTY material and the best AC yet in the franchise
im 99% sure that this game wont dissapoint the fans and that includes me

rileypoole1234
10-24-2012, 10:07 PM
The writer seems like a stiff. Opinions... Opinions... Opinions...

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Did anyone read the analyzation of his complaints that I wrote?

shiroxkatsuya
10-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Did anyone read the analyzation of his complaints that I wrote? i replied to it lol

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 10:12 PM
i replied to it lol

Oops, I didn't see that :D

l Khasim l
10-24-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm under the impression that too many people think that reviews of the AAA-blockbuster titles exist solely to fuel the fans' hype, a review is basically a "here, read/watch about how freakin' awesome that game is, go and buy it now, it's flawless!", while describing the game's flaws is shunned...

I said it already and added it to the OP - the journalist said that AC3 is a GREAT game with flaws, and he listed the flaws like a proper reviewer. Why do they keep attacking him like he just called AC3 a steaming pile of dragon poo aimed at six year old children?

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm under the impression that too many people think that reviews of the AAA-blockbuster titles exist solely to fuel the fans' hype, a review is basically a "here, read/watch about how freakin' awesome that game is, go and buy it now, it's flawless!", while describing the game's flaws is shunned...

I said it already and added it to the OP - the journalist said that AC3 is a GREAT game with flaws, and he listed the flaws like a proper reviewer. Why do they keep attacking him like he just called AC3 a steaming pile of dragon poo aimed at six year old children?

Who's attacked him?

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 10:31 PM

So after all, I don't believe these complaints to be gamebreaking by any means. If you still do, i don't know what to say, but all this panic isn't needed, I panicked myself to begin with, but then i read through his complaints and analyzed them, and then i realized they are only scratches, in a game im sure will be great, that isn't to say it won't have problems, i am sure it will have its faults, but i think it will be a title, to be remembered.

I agree, it sounds like a pre-alpha disk.

pacmanate
10-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Dont understand about the "Wait I didn't want to do this" free running thing. This guy must be crap or not used to AC games seeing as his complaints are something every AC game has had even though they are minor.

YES MINOR.

We all have these issues but they aren't big issues. Thats why this review was good, because he is picking out small things because the game is awesome!

Felix-Vivo
10-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Yes, it's good that out of all the things that could have gone wrong in this game, these are the only ones that are.
:)

Timeaus
10-25-2012, 03:10 AM
I see this as a good thing and I'm more excited than before. Every negative thing that the reviewer said about the game is a small thing that almost every game faces, meaning that the game doesn't have any major issues. It seemed to me like the reviewer doesn't really bad to say about the game so he tries pick out the small flaws about the game to make it look like his review isn't biased toward the game, which is fair. I happy to hear all these negative thing he said about the game is very minor.

AssassinVenice
10-25-2012, 03:37 AM
Ok poeple, listen up. I don't care what reviewers or magazines say. Why? Because they're the media! They want to make the stuff we love look like complete garbage! The trees? I can live with that. The horse? Been through it in all of the AC games + Red Dead.

Now, I'll just pre-order the game on Friday and keep myself away from any spoilers, aside from the beginning of the game which has been spoiled for me a day ago...:p

Theassassin4756
10-25-2012, 03:39 AM
plus many of these small things will get fixed with a day one or within the first two weeks patch. At least the game isn't broken.

Sabastian_AC
10-25-2012, 05:26 AM
I can't say I'm all that bothered by the observations from the article. Previous AC games have always had a few issues here and there with clipping, camera glitches (especially in some of the tombs/liars), etc, but none of it is game breaking. Stuff like that can be frustrating at times, but I'm much more concerned with gameplay and story in a game.

shiroxkatsuya
10-25-2012, 05:59 AM
just cause the guy said the combat was not as good as akc was does not mean its not awesome in its own right. i mean akc is known for having one of the greatest fight systems of all time an AC is known more for its spectacular violent takedowns more then the overall fight system

Scystab
10-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Fighting system aside, i don't think the "not being able to carry a musket like it was with teh spears" statement would hold, since we saw a few pics where connor had a musket on his back and that a special musket is an unlockable reward as one of the preorder missions would make little sense. Or did i get it wrong? :o

zhengyingli
10-25-2012, 10:12 AM
- aside from the "cookie cutter" beginning, the story is written extremely well, no more "Assassins = good, Templars = bad" routine - they are portrayed more like in AC1, having the same goal but different opinions on achieving it

This. For me, if the story's done very well, a lot can be forgiven...and it looks like the game'll deliver on that front.

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Reviews are always someones opinion anyway so this doesn't really matter. Besides as I said before his gripes with the game are all very small things so I am glad in that respect.

Azurefeatherfly
10-25-2012, 11:03 AM
MY OPINION:

Artificial Trees have been my only concern since E3, everything else I can overlook.

devilanubis
10-25-2012, 11:03 AM
I call shenanigans on this guy!! Everything I've seen and read pretty much contradicts this guys opinions especially those on combat, everyone seems to love it. Either way I'll be the judge and from what I've seen I think i'm gunna love it :P This guy may have been a bit negative just to get people looking in his direction, happens all the time with big games, one reviewer will always been negative when everybody else is like :D :D :D

Like folks have been saying it's his opinion and it's yours that matters, for all we know he might hate AC games but he has to review it because it's his job? Either way.....less than a week :D

Just watched the new episode of playstation access, AC3 is the game of the week, there''s a couple of snippets of new gameplay and again they loved it :)

zhengyingli
10-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Like folks have been saying it's his opinion and it's yours that matters, for all we know he might hate AC games but he has to review it because it's his job?

FYI, a post actually states that he's just a big AC fan playing under pressure.

devilanubis
10-25-2012, 12:19 PM
FYI, a post actually states that he's just a big AC fan playing under pressure.

Are you the super secret reviewer man? :P

But fair enough then, I still find it odd that some of the issues he raised such as those with combat system everybody else has raved about but we shall see soon enough :)

BBALive
10-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Why are people saying that he dislikes the combat? He doesn't say that he dislikes it anywhere in the article. In his opinion the combat isn't as good as Batman Arkham City's combat, but he never says he dislikes it. What is wrong with you people?

Why are people losing their **** because a reviewer wrote something negative about their precious game? It's their job to find something negative, no matter how small or insignificant.

ninjaboy0007
10-25-2012, 12:34 PM
I just hope game is good.

bluetoes1
10-25-2012, 12:39 PM
You do realise that this "reviewer" probably has a very early version, right? He probably rushed through the game as fast as he could, not really caring about the review. He's not even supposed to post his review until AC3 releases, though this isn't really a review, it's just his thoughts on the game. It's a very small, worthless magazine that no one know about, and likely these issues probably won't exist in the final game.

tjbyrum1
10-25-2012, 01:49 PM
I've played many open-world games (GTA, RDR, Skyrim, Oblivion, GUN, etc) and if I ever have run across a bug I honestly don't remember it.

I guess it's just luck. I've never had my games corrupted, never had any game-breaking glitches, and if I have then I honestly don't remember. Clipping? What is that a surprising issue nowadays?

Honestly, if I can have fun, hunt, and explore, I'm okay.

devilanubis
10-25-2012, 09:42 PM
I've played many open-world games (GTA, RDR, Skyrim, Oblivion, GUN, etc) and if I ever have run across a bug I honestly don't remember it.

I guess it's just luck. I've never had my games corrupted, never had any game-breaking glitches, and if I have then I honestly don't remember. Clipping? What is that a surprising issue nowadays?

Honestly, if I can have fun, hunt, and explore, I'm okay.

I've literally only ever come across one bug that I can remember and it was with skyrim and I had to start the game again which was a bit of a bummer but in such a big game I honestly expected more issues than I faced in the end, and I honestly can't think of any bugs or glitches that have happened to me when I've been playing AC games :) fingers crossed :P

Commissar38
10-25-2012, 09:53 PM
I think the article was more to temper our expectations, I mean it's going to be a great game but as someone said earlier it's not exactly the Second Coming of Christ. It will be a fantastic game but it will have some bugs like many of our other favorite blockbuster games like Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim. Though I don't think luring a wave of animals with some bait will detract from my experience. I think quirks like that give games character.

RussellGorall
10-30-2012, 08:13 AM
When you have to rely on patches, that is sloppy development and leads to bigger problems than the ones even stated. This isn't a game as ambitions as a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game. It is a yearly tried and true formula.

It is what it is, don't sugar coat it with the developer standard "Oh, but DAY ONE PATCH blah blah blah".

SevereAtrophy
10-30-2012, 08:26 AM
When you have to rely on patches, that is sloppy development and leads to bigger problems than the ones even stated. This isn't a game as ambitions as a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game. It is a yearly tried and true formula.

It is what it is, don't sugar coat it with the developer standard "Oh, but DAY ONE PATCH blah blah blah".

Wow, you know nothing of the development of this game do you? 3 years of development not a year.

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Did anyone read the analyzation of his complaints that I wrote?
I did, jeez your fingers must have been sore after that