PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 digital no preload

BigUrn
10-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Hello so glad assassins creed 3 is coming out and even happier that's it's a day 1 digital cause I have no functional bluray drive...I went ahead and preorderd it on psn and been eagerly awaiting the 30th to hit until I started searching about whether or not I would actually be able to play it on midnight like I intended to..then I came across a blog about how ac3 would have no midnight release or even a preload on psn. I suspected this had to be a lie cause that just don't seem right so I contacted sony about it and apparently it's correct no midnight release or preload of anykind. This is what I was told "The release of video games is performed under the same laws as the release of movies and music. In order to provide a level playing field for all merchants, both large and small, all releases are done as of 12:01 Tuesday morning. Unfortunately, for downloaded video games that means that the loading of the game into the servers can not start until that time. For games that are large this means that the game may not be completely loaded to the server until later that day"" Ive read that other games on psn were released with preloads but on the EU psn not america. Iam just looking for some answers here and thought maybe someone can help clarify this to me.

Assassin_M
10-24-2012, 04:56 AM
Only the EU PSNs have a Pre-load on the 27th..

The American does not. I am a reliable source, because my brother Pre-ordered the game from a UK PSN (It can also be cancelled) and I too have contacted Sony USA, but got the same answer as you. No Pre load or mid night release. Sorry

BigUrn
10-24-2012, 05:30 AM
Thanks for replying it just gets more sad everyday. I don't really understand why one psn can offer it while the other cannot I was hoping maybe someone at ubi could fill in the blanks on this one. It sucks cause what's probably gona happen is I and everyone else who preorderd it on psn is gona have to wait until the stupid store updates to actually download a game that we have already bought which sucks big time cause the store updates at different times..for me it updates at like 7pm or something (iam est). Dont know how big the download is but it's probably massive with any luck I might be able play it on wednesday... not exactly my idea of a day 1 digital. Anyone else fall for this stupid gimmick? I hope ubi don't approve of this.