PDA

View Full Version : possible to unlock all missions?

MrZwilu
10-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi

As many special editions will be available with each one containing one or two of several additional single-player missions, I don't know if it is possible to unlock all of them. So, will it be possible to buy the standard special edition containing "a dangerous secret" and then download "ghost of wars" and "lost mayan ruins"?

Thanks for your answers

xXRyzonXx
10-23-2012, 08:20 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, you would just have to buy all the editions of the game, which would probably cost you somewhere over 9000...

Ielgon
10-23-2012, 08:20 PM
They will probably eventually be included with DLC (As with the other AC's). Don't take my word on it though. Currently there's no official confirmation and they're pre-order only.

You can buy the codes of people online, but that is both expensive and you set yourself up for being scammed. Much better/cheaper just to wait for DLC that includes them.

Also this has been asked multiple times (forums is having this a lot lately with people just asking questions without searching since they're new and the game is about to come out), please search for other general questions that will probably have been answered already in the future.

Toa TAK
10-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Don't expect to play the Benedict Arnold missions, though, unless you own a PS3.

Lights Out Asia
10-23-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm so pissed that I won't get to play the PS3 missions. This exclusiveness is complete crap. I know there's endless arguments about this stuff, but I just can't help but feel mad about it. Just doesn't feel right, especially for people who've bought special editions for the 360.

Jxspyder
10-23-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm so pissed that I won't get to play the PS3 missions. This exclusiveness is complete crap. I know there's endless arguments about this stuff, but I just can't help but feel mad about it. Just doesn't feel right, especially for people who've bought special editions for the 360.

Considering there's absolutely no justification for a multi-platform game to create console exclusive story content.....yeah, it's complete crap.

Console specific out of game crap, absolutely. I can even stomach console specific weapons and outfits to some degree. But entire missions? Yeah, crap.

xXRyzonXx
10-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Considering there's absolutely no justification for a multi-platform game to create console exclusive story content.....yeah, it's complete crap.

Console specific out of game crap, absolutely. I can even stomach console specific weapons and outfits to some degree. But entire missions? Yeah, crap.

They have said, it isn't a crucial part of the story, also saying there is no justification for multi-platform games, lets me know you don't know much about marketing and business.

If microsoft wanted their own exclusive mission.. they would have paid ubisoft to make one, they didn't simple as that.

AssassinVenice
10-23-2012, 11:12 PM
If you're not happy with console exclusivity, go and have a look at Dawnguard and Hearthfire expansions for Skyrim on Xbox 360. Also, Call of Duty is worth mentioning in here.
I couldn't care less TBH. Why? CUZ I'M GETTIN' IT ON PS3!!! HAHA!!!:cool: LOL.

jmfchuckie
10-24-2012, 01:19 AM
If you're not happy with console exclusivity, go and have a look at Dawnguard and Hearthfire expansions for Skyrim on Xbox 360. Also, Call of Duty is worth mentioning in here.
These are justified. Dawnguard and Hearthfire are Xbox Exclusive because there are errors for the PS3, it isn't a marketing issue. Also, the Call of Duty Early DLC Access doesn't count, as PS3 gets the same deal. Honestly, PS3 already can get the Aveline mission (unless there is an Xbox Live Arcade port eventually), so why give them 60 minutes of exclusive content? I'm still mad about the Brotherhood Missions, but now this? It's not cool. I don't care if I have to pay, I want the missions.

shiroxkatsuya
10-24-2012, 02:01 AM
ubisoft and sony have always had a pretty good relationship (considering the ps3 has often been the lead platform for AC). coming from someone who is getting the ps3 version (same with every other ac) i don't think this is all that fair. i think everyone should have the chance to have the full ac3 experience regardless of platform.

AssassinVenice
10-24-2012, 03:40 AM
These are justified. Dawnguard and Hearthfire are Xbox Exclusive because there are errors for the PS3, it isn't a marketing issue. Also, the Call of Duty Early DLC Access doesn't count, as PS3 gets the same deal. Honestly, PS3 already can get the Aveline mission (unless there is an Xbox Live Arcade port eventually), so why give them 60 minutes of exclusive content? I'm still mad about the Brotherhood Missions, but now this? It's not cool. I don't care if I have to pay, I want the missions.

Ok, these were and are so minor that you'll want to skip them if your on PC/360 or even Wii U.

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Y'all are griping about exclusive dlc.
http://m.computerandvideogames.com/367527/resident-evil-6-dlc-3-timed-exclusive-modes-confirmed-for-xbox-360/

I hate to piss people off but here.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/10191/article/assassin-s-creed-3-ps3-exclusive-benedict-arnold-dlc-announced/
Read the sentence above the video.

Kestrel_OvO
10-24-2012, 08:17 AM
I don't see why Ubisoft wouldn't release the missions later like they did with the previous games.

If you have a several friends who are buying different editions, you could try to convince them to give you their codes :p

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 08:57 AM
I don't see why Ubisoft wouldn't release the missions later like they did with the previous games.

If you have a several friends who are buying different editions, you could try to convince them to give you their codes :p
I'm sorry to say this but the Benedict Arnold is advertised as Sony only at the end of the trailer. That means it a playstation only dlc. I'm sorry for this.

Kestrel_OvO
10-24-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm sorry to say this but the Benedict Arnold is advertised as Sony only at the end of the trailer. That means it a playstation only dlc. I'm sorry for this.

Yes, I'm aware the Benedict Arnold missions are exclusive to the PS3.

In my previous post I was referring to the missions included in special editions. A Dangerous Secret, Ghost of War, Lost Mayan Ruins, etc.

Locopells
10-24-2012, 09:50 AM
As I've said elsewhere, no, they're not included directly in the season pass - but if Ubi decide to tack them onto any of the DLC packs that the pass gives you, then you will get them.

indulgence82
10-24-2012, 04:15 PM

Exclusives are exclusives. I think its utter feces when any company does it in any fashion to any console OR region. (Like with preorders we can get only the Redcoat multi but not the sharpshooter and some regions its just the opposite.) We pay for the FULL game we should get a FULL game without a waiting period as if my console has been put on timeout because it was a bad little console. If I weren't invested in this game through gaming with friends I probably wouldn't buy this game and only rent it based on these sort of things this company does. I know Ubi is not alone in what it's doing but I certainly try to avoid supporting companies that do try to gouge their fan base for extra money. But if anyone wants to complain about this please be consistent and slam Bethesda among others just as hard as you do Ubisoft.They all deserve it.

pacmanate
10-24-2012, 05:23 PM
ubisoft and sony have always had a pretty good relationship (considering the ps3 has often been the lead platform for AC). coming from someone who is getting the ps3 version (same with every other ac) i don't think this is all that fair. i think everyone should have the chance to have the full ac3 experience regardless of platform.

Thats the thing, you get the "Full AC3 Experience" on each console. People are forgetting this isn't a chunk they took out the game and then made exclusive, they are just extra side missions if you will.

Jxspyder
10-27-2012, 01:01 AM
They have said, it isn't a crucial part of the story, also saying there is no justification for multi-platform games, lets me know you don't know much about marketing and business.

If microsoft wanted their own exclusive mission.. they would have paid ubisoft to make one, they didn't simple as that.

Except dealing with a major traitor in the American Revolution is a significant part of the overall story. Just not specfically Connor's.

And I know plenty about marketing and business, being a business major and all. Look at games like Black Ops 2, Resident Evil 6, or Tomb Raider. Where that "Exclusivity Deal" is a month of early access. Guess what, at the end of the day, players on both consoles and PC get access to that content....because the developers aren't morons. They realize that purposely excluding players from content is simply dumb.

I am unhappy with content exclusivity. Guess what....Dawnguard and Hearthfire aren't exclusives. Sony will get them as soon as Bethesda gets their code in order. And no, CoD isn't worth mentioning here....because only a moron can't figure out the difference between early access and exclusivity.

Which brings us to....

Y'all are griping about exclusive dlc.
http://m.computerandvideogames.com/367527/resident-evil-6-dlc-3-timed-exclusive-modes-confirmed-for-xbox-360/

I hate to piss people off but here.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/10191/article/assassin-s-creed-3-ps3-exclusive-benedict-arnold-dlc-announced/
Read the sentence above the video.

another example of the failures of today's education, where the difference between the phrases "exclusive" and "early access" are simply not understood. Getting something 3 weeks early doesn't make it exclusive. It means you get access before other people get access. Getting something that other people can't get is exclusive.

Resident Evil 6 timed exclusives? Not exclusive, because PS3 will see it.

AC3 exclusive content? Exclusive, because 360 will not see it. Not the first time this has happened in this franchise. Probably not the last. Still stupid as hell.

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 01:31 AM
I hate how there just saying " if you have an xbox you have the wrong console for AC"