PDA

View Full Version : PS3 exclusive missions info

devilanubis
10-23-2012, 03:15 PM
More info on the 4 exclusive ps3 missions :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/10/23/assassins-creed-iii-expose-benedict-arnold-exclusively-on-ps3/

Looks to be quite a good bit of DLC and the video shows......wait for it........blue coat murder! :O

SevereAtrophy
10-23-2012, 03:24 PM
The cross play with AC:L looks good.

devilanubis
10-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Got the freedom edition and liberations on order :D

pacmanate
10-23-2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mOwpDbpXtcw

Evenesque
10-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Nice. Good find.

Looks like Aveline will get a new outfit, and we finally saw Connor using a sword!

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah boi

LSquare
10-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Glad I always buy the AC games for the PS3, this looks like good fun.

I was just reading an article about historical figures not in the game and Benedict Arnold was mentioned as an omission, but apparently that is just for the main game.

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 04:34 PM
I luv Ubisoft. You know what makes us tick! Also, can we get more info on Liberation any time soon. Can I get this question answered: Does Linking Liberation and ACIII unlock anything in ACIII?

HisSpiritLives
10-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Nice. Good find.

Looks like Aveline will get a new outfit, and we finally saw Connor using a sword!

We saw Connor using sword before .

HisSpiritLives
10-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I luv Ubisoft. You know what makes us tick! Also, can we get more info on Liberation any time soon. Can I get this question answered: Does Linking Liberation and ACIII unlock anything in ACIII?

Soory? Linking?

devilanubis
10-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Seems that unlike the Copernicus conspiracy this might actually add a little bit to Connors story?

rupok2
10-23-2012, 08:34 PM
I Think this is complete bs to be honest. How are these missions not adding to the story? They seem like they are definitely part of the story. I wouldn't care if ps3 got exclusive items or missions like the tomb puzzles but really?

Pc players get screwed by Ubisoft every year but we still have to deal with console exclusive bs. I hope at least the missions are sold as dlc. Inb4 fanboys flame me I would like to state that I would be equally upset if the exclusives were on 360 or pc. I think all gamers should stand against this kind of stuff because its us that it hurts in the end.

Wreaver
10-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Too bad I can only see Aveline if I have the PS3 version.

freddie_1897
10-23-2012, 09:21 PM
I Think this is complete bs to be honest. How are these missions not adding to the story? They seem like they are definitely part of the story. I wouldn't care if ps3 got exclusive items or missions like the tomb puzzles but really?

Pc players get screwed by Ubisoft every year but we still have to deal with console exclusive bs. I hope at least the missions are sold as dlc. Inb4 fanboys flame me I would like to state that I would be equally upset if the exclusives were on 360 or pc. I think all gamers should stand against this kind of stuff because its us that it hurts in the end.
none of us here are console fanboys and most of us agree with you. but a lot of people out their are console fanboys and they would prefer to have more than Xbox rather than both having the missions as well

Jxspyder
10-23-2012, 10:25 PM

Agreed, but they won't be sold. And PC players aren't the only ones getting screwd by this every year. They'll be just like Copernicus, and will stay exclusive, until Ubisoft figures out that there actually is a difference between exclusive and early release, and realizes that "early release" actually gets them more money and happier fans.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2012, 10:31 PM
I own a PlayStation 3. hehehe....HA! HAHAHA! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!:cool:

lightlamp
10-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Its annoying really Ubisoft are ignoring the largest majority of there fans as most copies of the game are sold on the 360 at least when the 360 gets DLC it always goes to the PS3 later on

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Its annoying really Ubisoft are ignoring the largest majority of there fans as most copies of the game are sold on the 360 at least when the 360 gets DLC it always goes to the PS3 later on
Yeah!;)
Hahahahahaha!;)
So funny...;)

pacmanate
10-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Glad I have a PS3 tbh, don't want to miss out on anything.

Lights Out Asia
10-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah!;)
Hahahahahaha!;)
So funny...;)
Quit trolling, it's not funny in the least bit.

I'm annoyed about this as well as I never buy AC on PS3 (I hardly use mine to be honest, and the rest of the AC series I own is on 360.) One could be hopeful that they'll release this for other ports in the future...

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Quit trolling, it's not funny in the least bit.

I'm annoyed about this as well as I never buy AC on PS3 (I hardly use mine to be honest, and the rest of the AC series I own is on 360.) One could be hopeful that they'll release this for other ports in the future...
I'm sure XBOX360 and PC players don't find funny what i said.
BUT PS3 PLAYERS AGREE WITH ME WHEN XBOX360 PLAYERS ARE MORE TROLLS ABOUT OUR LOW FPS AND STUFF!
So, suck it. :)

lightlamp
10-23-2012, 10:45 PM
BUT PS3 PLAYERS AGREE WITH ME WHEN XBOX360 PLAYERS ARE MORE TROLLS ABOUT OUR LOW FPS AND STUFF!
Grow up

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Grow up

:)

Jxspyder
10-23-2012, 10:51 PM

Which has nothing to do with your trolling. Good on ya.

FinalJ1
10-23-2012, 10:51 PM
One other part people forgot AC Liberation is on the Vita. It makes since is was to the ps3.

Next the is to the OP's bluecoats comment. I hope you know Benedict Arnold was a British spy with the people under him loyal to the crown. So no bluecoats were killed in this, it was all redcoat ruse.

Lights Out Asia
10-23-2012, 11:02 PM
One other part people forgot AC Liberation is on the Vita. It makes since is was to the ps3.
I'm sorry, your spelling is a little off. Are you saying it makes sense the content is PS3 exclusive because of AC Liberation being on the Vita? I don't think it necessarily makes sense considering the Assassin's Creed series is a multi-platform game and as far as I know, I don't think these missions relate to Liberation (though please correct me if I'm wrong.) Exclusive platform content makes no sense. I can more or less understand where you're coming from with this though, but it's just not right.

rupok2
10-23-2012, 11:03 PM

Grow up you idiot. You cry when the 360 gets exclusives and then laugh when ps3 does. In the end you are too stupid to realize these practices of exclusive are publishers doing you the gamer from the behind. As long as there are fanboys like you they will continue.

Gespenst1246
10-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Dont feed the trolls ppl.....

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Grow up you idiot. You cry when the 360 gets exclusives and then laugh when ps3 does. In the end you are too stupid to realize these practices of exclusive are publishers doing you the gamer from the behind. As long as there are fanboys like you they will continue.

Yes. :)

FinalJ1
10-23-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm sorry, your spelling is a little off. Are you saying it makes sense the content is PS3 exclusive because of AC Liberation being on the Vita? I don't think it necessarily makes sense considering the Assassin's Creed series is a multi-platform game and as far as I know, I don't think these missions relate to Liberation (though please correct me if I'm wrong.) Exclusive platform content makes no sense. I can more or less understand where you're coming from with this though, but it's just not right.
As liberation is on the vita and Aveline appears on the Benedict Arnold bonus ps3 content. Put two and two together. This dlc might be a timed exclusive dlc Im not saying this is right or wrong.

xXRyzonXx
10-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Yes. :)

Why would you reply to that with "yes" lol

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Why would you reply to that with "yes" lol

Because i agree with him, i am trolling.
The insult part i just ignore, but i agree with the idea.

xXRyzonXx
10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Because i agree with him, i am trolling.
The insult part i just ignore, but i agree with the idea.

Why would you troll? Its against the rules of the forums :mad:

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2012, 11:16 PM
I don't know, it took part of me.
I was just joking, people are so tense this week, ****.

Gespenst1246
10-23-2012, 11:16 PM
you just asked a troll why they troll...uh oh...loljk

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2012, 11:18 PM

Yeah xD
HAHAHA xD
I'll stop, we are going to much off-topic...............

xXRyzonXx
10-23-2012, 11:20 PM

I guess i did lol!

Lights Out Asia
10-23-2012, 11:36 PM
As liberation is on the vita and Aveline appears on the Benedict Arnold bonus ps3 content. Put two and two together. This dlc might be a timed exclusive dlc Im not saying this is right or wrong.
So she does indeed show up in the PS3 DLC? I wasn't aware of that, pretty cool! Makes me want to get a Vita just to play Liberation lol. Hopefully though, it's as you said and only a timed exclusive.

FinalJ1
10-23-2012, 11:42 PM
So she does indeed show up in the PS3 DLC? I wasn't aware of that, pretty cool! Makes me want to get a Vita just to play Liberation lol. Hopefully though, it's as you said and only a timed exclusive.

Well I love my vita so I can't tell you not to get one.

devilanubis
10-23-2012, 11:42 PM

Next the is to the OP's bluecoats comment. I hope you know Benedict Arnold was a British spy with the people under him loyal to the crown. So no bluecoats were killed in this, it was all redcoat ruse.

I know :) but in the video Connor killed a man with a blue coat which I know we have seen but it's still nice to see that the game won't just be red vs blue :P I meant no harm :(

Also I didn't realise Aveline turned up in this, probably means that it won't turn up on anything else then, out of curiosity how many non ps3 owners own a vita?

sannyclaus
10-23-2012, 11:48 PM
HO HO HO this might be the major deviation from history ubisoft talked about, the mission takes place in 1780, when historically arnold dies in 1801

FinalJ1
10-23-2012, 11:52 PM
I know :) but in the video Connor killed a man with a blue coat which I know we have seen but it's still nice to see that the game won't just be red vs blue :P I meant no harm :(

Also I didn't realise Aveline turned up in this, probably means that it won't turn up on anything else then, out of curiosity how many non ps3 owners own a vita?

I'm just trying to stop the war before it gets started. The fanboy crap is enough.

shanethebouncer
10-23-2012, 11:54 PM
HO HO HO this might be the major deviation from history ubisoft talked about, the mission takes place in 1780, when historically arnold dies in 1801
Well Saint Nick it isn't a forgone conclusion that Connor will kill Bendict.

devilanubis
10-23-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm just trying to stop the war before it gets started. The fanboy crap is enough.

yeah I wasn't trying to start a war but suppose it's kinda unavoidable when exclusive contents involved :P

rupok2
10-24-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't know, it took part of me.
I was just joking, people are so tense this week, ****.

Srry about insults:(

shinyFezzan
10-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Hopw you enjoy them PS owners I'll just be over in the xbox corner :(

jbahr11
10-24-2012, 12:40 AM
It appears to me in this trailer that Ubisoft forgot to consult its historian on the name of the place as it wasn't called "West Point" during this time it was called FORT ARNOLD which it would still be called if it wasn't for the betrayal of Benedict Arnold

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Major John Andre is the connection to the French in New Orleans. He was Arnold's handler for the West Point job.
http://www.ushistory.org/march/bio/andre.htm

TaleraRis
10-24-2012, 02:25 AM
Anything that keeps lore and content from fans of the game is a load of crap. Exclusive DLC is ridiculous. If you *must* make a deal, then make it timed and at least release it to other players.

Assassin_M
10-24-2012, 02:36 AM
The first couple of pages "Alright ?"
Pages 3 and 4 "What the- Are You Children ?"
Page 5 "I should say something to those people"

Please be Mature..

360 Owners, please be happy for PS3 Owners. PS3 owners, Don`t be ****s and join the 360 owners in their Sorrow..

Lets look at what Unites us. We are all avid AC fans and we all want a complete experience. let not the Corporation create a gap between us.

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 02:55 AM
the first couple of pages "alright ?"
pages 3 and 4 "what the- are you children ?"
page 5 "i should say something to those people"

please be mature..

360 owners, please be happy for ps3 owners. Ps3 owners, don`t be ****s and join the 360 owners in their sorrow..

Lets look at what unites us. We are all avid ac fans and we all want a complete experience. Let not the corporation create a gap between us.
amen!!! Preach on brother m!!!!

Toa TAK
10-24-2012, 03:07 AM
The first couple of pages "Alright ?"
Pages 3 and 4 "What the- Are You Children ?"
Page 5 "I should say something to those people"

Please be Mature..

360 Owners, please be happy for PS3 Owners. PS3 owners, Don`t be ****s and join the 360 owners in their Sorrow..

Lets look at what Unites us. We are all avid AC fans and we all want a complete experience. let not the Corporation create a gap between us.
Little late for that.

Assassin_M
10-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Little late for that.
Does not take away from its impact or effect..

It had to be said. I am the voice of reason...and Apparently the role of Santa Claus was stolen from me by a certain someone..So Yeah, you`re stuck with the "Voice of Reason" Character.

shiroxkatsuya
10-24-2012, 03:17 AM
i think everyone should be allowed to enjoy the full ac3 experience regardless of platform ( this is coming from someone who preordered the ps3 version)

ACRules2
10-24-2012, 03:33 AM
This looks pretty cool. Can't wait until it comes out! :D

Met4lM4ster
10-24-2012, 04:39 AM
Console exclusive content is disgusting. It does nothing but single out and piss off fans. It's not so much that I'll be missing out on the Benedict Arnold stuff, but the practice of making certain content exclusive that ticks me off. Essentially, a lot of gamers won't be able to experience the entire game because of some cheap business ploy on Sony's side. At least as a compromise, Xbox owners could've been given their own exclusive content separate from the PS3, but no. I hope it becomes available to Xbox owners eventually.

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 04:58 AM
Console exclusive content is disgusting. It does nothing but single out and piss off fans. It's not so much that I'll be missing out on the Benedict Arnold stuff, but the practice of making certain content exclusive that ticks me off. Essentially, a lot of gamers won't be able to experience the entire game because of some cheap business ploy on Sony's side. At least as a compromise, Xbox owners could've been given their own exclusive content separate from the PS3, but no. I hope it becomes available to Xbox owners eventually.

Cheap business ploy by Sony, wow that's a fanboy statement.

Met4lM4ster
10-24-2012, 05:12 AM
Cheap business ploy by Sony, wow that's a fanboy statement.

Oh please, don't pull that fanboy crap on me. I own Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft consoles. I am by no means a fanboy of any of them. However, you'd be kidding yourself if you don't believe this to be a cheap business ploy, because that's exactly what it is. It's trying to encourage fans to buy the PS3 version instead because it includes exclusive content.

Now, take your childish, judgmental attitude elsewhere.

Assassin_M
10-24-2012, 05:18 AM
See ? Just 20 minutes and its starting again..

I`m proud to be a part of such a wise and respectable People.. - Marshal Johnson (Pardon the switch in verbs)

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 05:20 AM
Oh please, don't pull that fanboy crap on me. I own Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft consoles. I am by no means a fanboy of any of them. However, you'd be kidding yourself if you don't believe this to be a cheap business ploy, because that's exactly what it is. It's trying to encourage fans to buy the PS3 version instead because it includes exclusive content.

Now, take your childish, judgmental attitude elsewhere.

And it has nothing to do with Aveline being in the dlc. And I don't care if you own consoles dating back Atari. PS3 and Ubisoft are businesses and their main focus is to make money, just like Xbox and Nintendo. Would you complain if they got it over ps3?

And sorry M I'll end it here.

Met4lM4ster
10-24-2012, 05:21 AM
See ? Just 20 minutes and its starting again..

I`m proud to be a part of such a wise and respectable People.. - Marshal Johnson (Pardon the switch in verbs)

I was good until the classic "fanboy" insult got thrown around again.

Met4lM4ster
10-24-2012, 05:23 AM
And it has nothing to do with Aveline being in the dlc. And I don't care if you own consoles dating back Atari. PS3 and Ubisoft are businesses and their main focus is to make money, just like Xbox and Nintendo. Would you complain if they got it over ps3?
Yes, I definitely would complain. Content should not be intentionally exclusive to certain consumers. The game in its entirety should be available to everyone at launch, despite what console they play it on. I don't see how anyone could endorse this content-splitting practice.

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 05:28 AM
Yes, I definitely would complain. Content should not be intentionally exclusive to certain consumers. The game in its entirety should be available to everyone at launch, despite what console they play it on. I don't see how anyone could endorse this content-splitting practice.

I don't like it as well but it happens. Xbox with GTA, RE6 and others. I apologize for the fanboy comment, it been a long day on the forum.

Met4lM4ster
10-24-2012, 05:31 AM
I don't like it as well but it happens. Xbox with GTA, RE6 and others. I apologize for the fanboy comment, it been a long day on the forum.

It's cool. I'm just frustrated to see these things happen in the industry. Back in the good ole days, everyone received everything they paid for, and weren't singled out on anything. Oh well, it's only an hour of gameplay. I can always watch it on YouTube.

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 05:36 AM
It's cool. I'm just frustrated to see these things happen in the industry. Back in the good ole days, everyone received everything they paid for, and weren't singled out on anything. Oh well, it's only an hour of gameplay. I can always watch it on YouTube.

I agree the days of NES vs SEGA were awesome.

kidhero99
10-24-2012, 05:41 AM
1)Its a voucher
2)Do not know if it comes with Digital Copy
3)Free
3)Sid Shuman gave me the dumbest answer to my question on the PS Blog:
Question: "Will linking Liberation and ACIII unlock anything in ACIII"
Sid Replied: "Yes it does! You’ll unlock an extended ammo pouch and Connor’s tomahawk for Aveline in ACIII. There will be more info on that topic coming soon, too."
I asked if it gives you anything in ACIII (PS3).....!!!!!

READ THE QUESTION properly! Not gonna press him because there'll prob be an eventual post

Black_Widow9
10-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Can we please just stick to the Topic. No insults, no console wars, no language and no nationalism.

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 07:34 AM
1)Its a voucher
2)Do not know if it comes with Digital Copy
3)Free
3)Sid Shuman gave me the dumbest answer to my question on the PS Blog:
Question: "Will linking Liberation and ACIII unlock anything in ACIII"
Sid Replied: "Yes it does! Youíll unlock an extended ammo pouch and Connorís tomahawk for Aveline in ACIII. There will be more info on that topic coming soon, too."
I asked if it gives you anything in ACIII (PS3).....!!!!!

READ THE QUESTION properly! Not gonna press him because there'll prob be an eventual post

He did answer it. an extended ammo pouch.

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Can we please just stick to the Topic. No insults, no console wars, no language and no nationalism.
Ok

Antlovesabi
10-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Hating all this exclusive content stuff Ubisoft ... Seriously stop lining your pockets with these exclusives and give all consoles the same game ... About 10 different versions and yet still you screw over xbox players. I hope the so called exclusive missions come to xbox eventually :\

AWBiggs
10-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Hating all this exclusive content stuff Ubisoft ... Seriously stop lining your pockets with these exclusives and give all consoles the same game ... About 10 different versions and yet still you screw over xbox players. I hope the so called exclusive missions come to xbox eventually :\

Yeah, spending months, years creating awesome content and asking for money, how dare they? What horrible people Ubisoft are, asking for financial reward for hours upon hours of talented, hardworking artists, computer designers and game developers and producers. How dare they issue "exclusive" content to a particular games console that most likely gives them funding and support to produce these amazing games and only asks for additional content in return, to help fund more and more games for us, the consumer.

What a horrible arrangement this whole thing is for us, the consumer, to have choice in what we do and don't spend and what gaming system we do or do not purchase... and how dare we be asked to support a company that has given us a game, a franchise and characters we adore.

It's not like you can go outside and just buy a Playstation or Vita is it? I mean, that's like... impossible...

R3dakted
10-24-2012, 10:53 AM
I think platform exclusives are as much of an abomination as the Ubisoft always-on DRM requirement was for some PC games. Thankfully, Ubisoft have now seen the light with regard to that little drama and have done away with it - and I truly hope they do away with platform-exclusive content as well as it only ever ends up screwing the consumers over.

That said, I strongly suspect the DRM regime was the work of Executive types whose thoughts mostly center on profit, and not the designers and engineers, the awesomely creative dudes who make great games like the Assassins Creed series .. No doubt the 'platform exclusives' idea came from Executive-Land also, because it makes no actual sense.

Speaking personally, I own a PS3, a 360 and a PC but I prefer to buy titles for the 360 as Sony's treatment of its consumers continues to disgust me.

Ubisoft, please don't punish us for exercising our freedom of choice regarding the platform we play your games on. It'll only backfire.

lightlamp
10-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah, spending months, years creating awesome content and asking for money, how dare they? What horrible people Ubisoft are, asking for financial reward for hours upon hours of talented, hardworking artists, computer designers and game developers and producers. How dare they issue "exclusive" content to a particular games console that most likely gives them funding and support to produce these amazing games and only asks for additional content in return, to help fund more and more games for us, the consumer.

What a horrible arrangement this whole thing is for us, the consumer, to have choice in what we do and don't spend and what gaming system we do or do not purchase... and how dare we be asked to support a company that has given us a game, a franchise and characters we adore.

It's not like you can go outside and just buy a Playstation or Vita is it? I mean, that's like... impossible...
Well considering most copies sold will be on 360 i think the financial reward is with Xbox owners and Ubisoft is just ignoring their largest fanbase on a console

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Well considering most copies sold will be on 360 i think the financial reward is with Xbox owners and Ubisoft is just ignoring their largest fanbase on a console

Seeing as PS paid to have the extra content im sure they aren't too worried about that. Im sure they were well imbursed.

AWBiggs
10-24-2012, 01:57 PM

Eh, you're being dramatic. Playstation pay for it, Ubi releases it as an exclusive to sell more PS units for Playstation. You're shouting at a hose for squirting water bud.

lightlamp
10-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Eh, you're being dramatic. Playstation pay for it, Ubi releases it as an exclusive to sell more PS units for Playstation. You're shouting at a hose for squirting water bud.Its not making much of a difference then because most AC games have PS3 exclusive content and it doesn't bump up their sales nobody is going to buy the game just because it has exclusive content its designed for people with multiple consoles and their strategy is not working

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Its not making much of a difference then because most AC games have PS3 exclusive content and it doesn't bump up their sales nobody is going to buy the game just because it has exclusive content its designed for people with multiple consoles and their strategy is not working

How isn't it?

lightlamp
10-24-2012, 02:27 PM
How isn't it?
Because Assassins Creed games always sell more on the Xbox even with the PS3 having exclusive content

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Because Assassins Creed games always sell more on the Xbox even with the PS3 having exclusive content

To be fair the figures are fairly even

Xbox worldwide sales of Revelations: 3.72m
PS3 worldwide sales of Revelations: 3.69m

AWBiggs
10-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Its not making much of a difference then because most AC games have PS3 exclusive content and it doesn't bump up their sales nobody is going to buy the game just because it has exclusive content its designed for people with multiple consoles and their strategy is not working

Your argument makes absolutely no sense. Of COURSE people buy a particular console because of this sort of exclusive content. Why do you think they do it in the first place? It's the exact reason I chose Playstation over Xbox eons ago when I purchased mine. Better exclusives across multiple games that I enjoy. Case closed No point in blaming UbiSoft for it, that's like shouting at the Postman because your friend wrote a letter to you and typed it ALL IN CAPS.. Don't like the way business is done, fine. But that's the way of the world. Either make peace with it or buy a PlayStation!! Choice is yours.

...I'm sure there's benefits to being an Xbox owner as well, Halo if that's your bag... I'm not going to blame a GAME STUDIO for doing business with a CONSOLE COMPANY who gives them money to finance the very games we love in the first place. That's asinine at worst, naive at best.

lightlamp
10-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Your argument makes absolutely no sense. Of COURSE people buy a particular console because of this sort of exclusive content. Why do you think they do it in the first place? It's the exact reason I chose Playstation over Xbox eons ago when I purchased mine. Better exclusives across multiple games that I enjoy. Case closed No point in blaming UbiSoft for it, that's like shouting at the Postman because your friend wrote a letter to you and typed it ALL IN CAPS.. Don't like the way business is done, fine. But that's the way of the world. Either make peace with it or buy a PlayStation!! Choice is yours.

...I'm sure there's benefits to being an Xbox owner as well, Halo if that's your bag... I'm not going to blame a GAME STUDIO for doing business with a CONSOLE COMPANY who gives them money to finance the very games we love in the first place. That's asinine at worst, naive at best.
Im not talking about consoles i am talking about versions of a single game so far AC3 is not going to sell more on the PS3. Here is the pre-orders for the US alone http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41203/USA/

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Im not talking about consoles i am talking about versions of a single game so far AC3 is not going to sell more on the PS3. Here is the pre-orders for the US alone http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41203/USA/

You can't really go by pre-orders though, there are lots of people who don't pre-order.

lightlamp
10-24-2012, 03:50 PM
You can't really go by pre-orders though, there are lots of people who don't pre-order.
But if its anything like the pre-orders then more people will also buy it for the 360 their is no evidence to suggest that PS3 owners pre-order less than 360 owners

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
But if its anything like the pre-orders then more people will also buy it for the 360 their is no evidence to suggest that PS3 owners pre-order less than 360 owners

But historical evidence show sales of the AC franchise between the 2 consoles are very close. Xbox doesn't have a huge lead.

lightlamp
10-24-2012, 03:57 PM
But historical evidence show sales of the AC franchise between the 2 consoles are very close. Xbox doesn't have a huge lead.
Ok then they both have very large fanbases for AC3 so why alienate one large group to favour another? if Ubi needs to make exclusive deals to finance their games with console makers then they are doing it wrong

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Ok then they both have very large fanbases for AC3 so why alienate one large group to favour another? if Ubi needs to make exclusive deals to finance their games with console makers then they are doing it wrong

Okay, so let me explain this to you.

Once upon a time a company called "'Sony" came to Ubisoft and said "Hello, We would like something exclusive to our platform, We will pay you this much (insert amount here)" Ubisoft replied "Fair Enough" and the rest is history, I own both platforms and i plan on getting it on xbox, I'm not the slightest mad at Ubisoft and Sony for making a business agreement, because i have an understanding of how business works.

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 04:05 PM

To be honest, they don't do it to finance the game. Sony in a way commission Ubisoft to make extra content for their system. Its not Ubisoft saying to PS3 give us more money and we will gie you something special.
Sony do this to bring in the drifters and reward the faithful. I have 2 friends who own both xbox and PS3 and want AC3 and were undecided to get it on which console, but because of the extra content they opted to pre-order the PS3 version. This gives Sony 2 more sales, therefore there commission is justified.
Blame PS3, not Ubisoft.

lightlamp
10-24-2012, 04:05 PM

Once upon a time a company called "'Sony" came to Ubisoft and said "Hello, We would like something exclusive to our platform, We will pay you this much (insert amount here)" Ubisoft replied "Fair Enough" and the rest is history, I own both platforms and i plan on getting it on xbox, I'm not the slightest mad at Ubisoft and Sony for making a business agreement, because i have an understanding of how business works.Its not right though why should anyone have to accept getting screwed over with an hours worth off content?

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 04:06 PM

Once upon a time a company called "'Sony" came to Ubisoft and said "Hello, We would like something exclusive to our platform, We will pay you this much (insert amount here)" Ubisoft replied "Fair Enough" and the rest is history, I own both platforms and i plan on getting it on xbox, I'm not the slightest mad at Ubisoft and Sony for making a business agreement, because i have an understanding of how business works.

Meh, you beat me to it lol

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Its not right though why should anyone have to accept getting screwed over with an hours worth off content?

It's called business and competition.

EDIT: Apologies for the double post. Typing in haste. :nonchalance:

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Its not right though why should anyone have to accept getting screwed over with an hours worth off content?

If Microsoft wanted their own exclusive hour of content, they would have contacted ubisoft, and paid for it.

lightlamp
10-24-2012, 04:15 PM
If Microsoft wanted their own exclusive hour of content, they would have contacted ubisoft, and paid for it.
Both companies should focus on there own exclusive games and should not interfere with multi platform games

AWBiggs
10-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Lightlamp, do yourself a favor and just stop...

lightlamp
10-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Lightlamp, do yourself a favor and just stop...How about no

LightRey
10-24-2012, 04:30 PM
They might have. It could easily be that Ubisoft said no or that some contract of theirs with Sony forbids it.

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 04:31 PM
They might have. It could easily be that Ubisoft said no or that some contract of theirs with Sony forbids it.

You think ubisoft would say "no" to money?
I know I wouldn't

LightRey
10-24-2012, 04:32 PM
I know I wouldn't
Depends on how much money'd they get out of it. What Microsoft would be willing to offer could simply not have been a good enough offer.

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 04:55 PM
If this continues the mods will lock this thread for a console war. So let it go. Both consoles are great in there own way. Also both company's money had a chance and xbox's didn't pan out. Xbox has had exclusive deals over multi- platform games, most resent is RE6.

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Depends on how much money'd they get out of it. What Microsoft would be willing to offer could simply not have been a good enough offer.

True, but you have to remember, microsoft is a very wealthy company, if they really wanted exclusive content, they would have gotten it.

pacmanate
10-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Or PS3 got in there first, stop being butt hurt.
Microsoft and Activision have a CoD deal because they got in first.

It isn't about what console is best, its who signs first.

devilanubis
10-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Guys.......i'm sorry I started this thread, it was never meant to go down like this :(

pacmanate
10-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Guys.......i'm sorry I started this thread, it was never meant to go down like this :(

Its not your fault, just some stupid people on here that go OTT about plastic and components

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 05:27 PM

I hope you weren't reffering to me, because I have nothing against ps3 having exclusive content, as i said i have both systems.

pacmanate
10-24-2012, 05:29 PM
I hope you weren't reffering to me, because I have nothing against ps3 having exclusive content, as i said i have both systems.

Not you, just generally as a whole, I saw that there was fanboying.

xXRyzonXx
10-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Not you, just generally as a whole, I saw that there was fanboying.

Oh ok... I agree.. Its wierd how people can get so protective of something they own that they didn't make...

rupok2
10-24-2012, 09:24 PM
All of you people fanboying over their console cannot be reasoned with. Eventually this thread comes down to the same arguments of fanboys. In the end you guys don't realize that its exactly what the corporations want, they blind you like this and then fight each other.

The consumer is the one getting screwed in this deal no one else. I guess I was dumb to think that there was any hope of getting this exclusive stuff overturned. Unfortunately it will continue because the community cannot get their head out of their asses.

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 09:55 PM
All of you people fanboying over their console cannot be reasoned with. Eventually this thread comes down to the same arguments of fanboys. In the end you guys don't realize that its exactly what the corporations want, they blind you like this and then fight each other.

The consumer is the one getting screwed in this deal no one else. I guess I was dumb to think that there was any hope of getting this exclusive stuff overturned. Unfortunately it will continue because the community cannot get their head out of their asses.

No one is getting screwed, it was a business deal. It happens with all consoles. And watch what you say about this community.

shiroxkatsuya
10-24-2012, 10:09 PM
i do not think he was implying this community, i think he meant the console community in general. now well some people can take the whole "fanboy" thing to the extremes. that does not represenet everyone so you should refrain from making generalizing statements like that.

FinalJ1
10-24-2012, 10:54 PM
i do not think he was implying this community, i think he meant the console community in general. now well some people can take the whole "fanboy" thing to the extremes. that does not represenet everyone so you should refrain from making generalizing statements like that.

I'm trying figure who the 'generalizing statement' is aimed at.

rupok2
10-24-2012, 11:59 PM
I am talking about the people who engage in fanboy wars over and over on the forums and real life, because of them nothing gets done. If we had enough backing in the community and outrage over this we could have gotten ubisoft to change their minds similar to how DICE made certain weapons only early access in BF3 after the community got upset.

I think efforts are futile tho.

shiroxkatsuya
10-25-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm trying figure who the 'generalizing statement' is aimed at. sorry i didnt specify, that was aimed at the guy you were replying to.

FinalJ1
10-25-2012, 02:10 AM
Ah, ok.

Jxspyder
10-27-2012, 01:03 AM
I know I wouldn't

How many people are going to eventually buy AC3 on the xbox? Multiply that by $5-10. Ubisoft just said no to money.

Can you buy that CoD content on the PS3? Oh wait, you can. Guess it's not exclusive then, huh?