PDA

View Full Version : Please Ubisoft! Let there be Free Roam!!!

WilderaWild
10-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Out of all the games so far in the series, The Frontier looks like the most interesting place to explore, so please don't have Desmond or Connor die in the end and have us have no animus to do Connor free roam. I would hate it if it were like Mass Effect 3 which made me extremely mad at how we couldn't do anything after we beat it. It was a terrible pain to load early saves to play DLC instead of playing it after beating it. I very much hope we get to free roam in this magnificent game after beating it or I might go as far as to cancel my pre-order because 60% of all my playtime takes place after the ending. It would be like Skyrim screwing you over and ending the game right after beating it's campaign. If it's too late then do what Fallout 3 did and release a DLC where we get to do a mission then get to free roam. So nervous and excited at the same time.

kriegerdesgottes
10-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Technically Connor could still die and you could still free roam by either A: walking around in his past memories considering the character is already dead anyway in the present time or B: Connor could have a child at the end of the game at which point you could play as the child like you do in RDR (although I hope this would never happen).

As far as Desmond goes I will also not be happy if he ends up dieing but it is plausible that someone else descended from Connor could allow us to continue freeroaming.

DinoSteve1
10-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Its a little late in the day to be requesting this, but I'd imagine it will have free roam, hell if Connor dies they can still drop you back before the last mission, a little like ME3 yeah but if done right it will be ok. Plus it fits with the idea that Desmond is viewing memories.

Assassin_M
10-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Whatever happens, you`ll have free roam, do not worry..

WilderaWild
10-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Technically Connor could still die and you could still free roam by either A: walking around in his past memories considering the character is already dead anyway in the present time or B: Connor could have a child at the end of the game at which point you could play as the child like you do in RDR (although I hope this would never happen).

As far as Desmond goes I will also not be happy if he ends up dieing but it is plausible that someone else descended from Connor could allow us to continue freeroaming.
Maybe in the end of the game, Desmond has a Child before death. His son learns about the Animus and gets in it when older, presenting us with Connor free roam.

Assassin_M
10-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Maybe in the end of the game, Desmond has a Child before death. His son learns about the Animus and gets in it when older, presenting us with Connor free roam.
Well that is ridiculous, but like everyone said. Do not worry, what ever happens there will be free roam at the end..

JCearlyyears
10-22-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm never explaining it again, we will NEVER see the ancestor die through the animus from the ancestor's perspective...EVER...

Assassin_M
10-22-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm never explaining it again, we will NEVER see the ancestor die through the animus from the ancestor's perspective...EVER...
Yes we can..

The Animus is the Devs` invention, if they want to alter it, they will..

JCearlyyears
10-22-2012, 11:45 PM
It makes no sense. If the animus decodes genetic memory, they have to pass on the genetic memory for you to see it... They would have to change it drastically, which makes no sense. Unless the animus becomes a time machine, how would we see it?

Assassin_M
10-22-2012, 11:47 PM
It makes no sense. If the animus decodes genetic memory, they have to pass on the genetic memory for you to see it... They would have to change it drastically, which makes no sense. Unless the animus becomes a time machine, how would we see it?
Implement the Technology of the seals into the Animus...and that was just off the back of my head... See how they can exploit..

naran6142
10-22-2012, 11:47 PM

Well seeing an ancestor die through the animus wouldnt make any sense, but there would be other ways, like the memory seals

DinoSteve1
10-22-2012, 11:49 PM

I agree like Altair and Maria the genetic memory stops once that DNA has been passed on, it is why Desmond has no memories of Altair after Altar got Maria pregnant.

JCearlyyears
10-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Yes, but I said through the animus in the earlier post. Let's not derail the discussion from the original topic of free roam after the game...

WilderaWild
10-22-2012, 11:52 PM
I agree like Altair and Maria the genetic memory stops once that DNA has been passed on, it is why Desmond has no memories of Altair after Altar got Maria pregnant.

Agreed, this is just a thread about the different ways we may get free roam or responses to my opinion.

DinoSteve1
10-22-2012, 11:53 PM
So the animus lets you relive other peoples memories too?

Evenesque
10-22-2012, 11:55 PM
There's absolutely no reason to think they wouldn't. Why would they spend 3 years building so many environments only to cordon them off after the main story finishes? Ubi isn't that stupid. Every AC game before has let you run around after the main story, with an explanation as to why you can do that. Nothing's stopping them from making one up this time, or just not, and letting you play anyway.

monster_rambo
10-23-2012, 12:21 AM

The devs confirmed in an interview that no one will relive the life of Desmond and wake up from the animus at the end of AC3. It will be a proper ending.

Sabastian_AC
10-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Alex H. touched on post-game free roam in a podcast/interview with Game Informer back in March or April. He was addressing a question about what drives the season change. His answer was that the story missions drive the seasonal changes, but when you're in the "toy" mode, they would have a system for changing the seasons.

Evenesque
10-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Alex H. touched on post-game free roam in a podcast/interview with Game Informer back in March or April. He was addressing a question about what drives the season change. His answer was that the story missions drive the seasonal changes, but when you're in the "toy" mode, they would have a system for changing the seasons.

Yea. They said the seasons will be toggleable after the main story. That's about as clear as it gets.

WilderaWild
10-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Yea. They said the seasons will be toggleable after the main story. That's about as clear as it gets.

Good News, I guess

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Its a little late in the day to be requesting this, but I'd imagine it will have free roam, hell if Connor dies they can still drop you back before the last mission, a little like ME3 yeah but if done right it will be ok. Plus it fits with the idea that Desmond is viewing memories. I didn't like the way the still had the reaper roaming around after ME3.

AssassinGame1
10-23-2012, 02:28 AM
I have had the same thought before. I hope that too.
PLEASE UBISOFT LET THERE BE FREE ROAM!!

DinoSteve1
10-23-2012, 02:46 AM
I didn't like the way the still had the reaper roaming around after ME3.

Lord! If that was the only problem with ME3.

tre289
10-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Assassin's Creed III Is said to have many explorable areas, side missions, and other things to do and discover.

Much like the previous titles, there will be free-roam.

DinoSteve1
10-23-2012, 03:07 AM
I hope there isn't like a billion flags all over the place like in AC1, man that was annoying.

Assassin_M
10-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Are you an idiot ? Remove that..

tre289
10-23-2012, 03:15 AM
Are you an idiot ? Remove that..

Well... I don't know about you.. but I think it's starting to look like it's about time to leave for a bit.

Evenesque
10-23-2012, 04:12 AM
Why would you quote a post that contains a spoiler video. That makes the problem twice as bad.

Assassin_M
10-23-2012, 04:16 AM
Why would you quote a post that contains a spoiler video. That makes the problem twice as bad.
Happy ?..

The Video is still there, though..So no that does not make the problem "twice as bad"

Evenesque
10-23-2012, 04:47 AM
Happy ?..

The Video is still there, though..So no that does not make the problem "twice as bad"

Yes, it did. Ask any moderator.

FinalJ1
10-23-2012, 05:02 AM
Wow, a discussion thread turned spoiler.

Assassin_M
10-23-2012, 05:04 AM
Yes, it did. Ask any moderator.
OK

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 05:09 AM
ok

mattahleen
10-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Yes it has been confirmed that des will get the end he deserves with no wtf element. Connor won't die, he just won't, they are already discussing the possibility of a Connor sequel. And before you get all "but it will suck like revelations hur dur" it won't and its just one sequel. No trilogy will happen its confirmed. Connor may have a child. They have been debating wether or not to implement a love interest. Still though there are endless possibilities of continuing Connor. I need to get outside more.

NOLA_Assassin
10-23-2012, 08:08 AM
I swear to God, everyone on this forum is insane... BUT I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Anywho, free-roam will be in the game but does anyone know how quests will work over the different years? A quest started for a British officer in Boston will be hard to complete in 1777...

eagleforlife1
10-23-2012, 09:37 AM
I want free roam in mulriplayer and introduce historical characters from the game into mtiplayer. It would be cool free roaming as Sam Adams or Israel Putnam in the frontier.

pacmanate
10-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Its like God came on to this thread, and took a massive dump on it.