PDA

View Full Version : Animations

Bravoooooo
10-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Will Connor have different animations for running in shallow water or going up and down the stairs?

pacmanate
10-22-2012, 10:48 PM
He does for shallow water! Seen footage of him running through a stream and it looked awesome.

The stairs thing, really weird! I completely forgot about the stairs animation. However they are in the game apparently, where every foot touches a stair. I think this was confirmed but dont hold me to it. x

Assassin_M
10-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Both are in the game, Yes..

Bravoooooo
10-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Yeah it was weird when the assassin just slides on the stairs.

Evenesque
10-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Technically Connor doesn't have one stair animation. His regular walk animation is dynamically distorted in real time to make him walk up a graduated plane. It's just done very smoothly. For reference, watch John Marston from RDR walk up and down a hill. Same thing. They did that so they woudn't have to animate manually every permutation of angles the character can walk up a hill, or more importantly, a rooftop. So they made it a systemic animation that can be altered on the fly so Connor can walk up and down any hill or rooftop with his feet always touching the surface. Something Ezio and Altair could never do. It's also the same technology that allows fights and other actions to be performed on uneven surfaces, whereas other games, the city surfaces were always flat. Even Rome's country area was relatively flat between layers.

naran6142
10-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Technically Connor doesn't have one stair animation. His regular walk animation is dynamically distorted in real time to make him walk up a graduated plane. It's just done very smoothly. For reference, watch John Marston from RDR walk up and down a hill. Same thing. They did that so they woudn't have to animate manually every permutation of angles the character can walk up a hill, or more importantly, a rooftop. So they made it a systemic animation that can be altered on the fly so Connor can walk up and down any hill or rooftop with his feet always touching the surface. Something Ezio and Altair could never do. It's also the same technology that allows fights and other actions to be performed on uneven surfaces, whereas other games, the city surfaces were always flat. Even Rome's country area was relatively flat between layers.

Sounds pretty cool. I think i remember a little interview about this, something about connor putting his foot against a wall for support. So the map doesnt have to be as gridded out

tre289
10-23-2012, 02:43 AM
I was fairly certain that during one point of that Multipayer Machinima video, that one of the players was walking down some stairs, and the character actually stepped on every step, as if they were actually walking down a set of stairs, rather than slowly moving down a slope disguised as stairs.

Like someone else compared it to, it almost looked Red Dead Redemption-ish to me, But I absolutely love that.

Bravoooooo
10-23-2012, 11:56 PM
I was fairly certain that during one point of that Multipayer Machinima video, that one of the players was walking down some stairs, and the character actually stepped on every step, as if they were actually walking down a set of stairs, rather than slowly moving down a slope disguised as stairs.

Like someone else compared it to, it almost looked Red Dead Redemption-ish to me, But I absolutely love that.
The way they did stair climbing in Max Payne 3 was pretty cool too.

LightRey
10-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Aren't all his animations new?

F4H bandicoot
10-24-2012, 12:04 AM
LA Noire's stair animation was the best, they won't have gone to that level though.

IWGCJoeCool
10-24-2012, 12:45 AM
LA Noire's stair animation was the best, they won't have gone to that level though.

just started playing L.A.N myself, needed something to do for another 10 days. stuff like the stair and climbing animations, plus all the facial stuff is probably what made this into a 3-discer(XBox).. 1947 Los Angeles is HUGE!!!...take every AC city so far and double it. great game too. i just wish Cole Phelps had some AC fighting moves!!!

Gespenst1246
10-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Cole Phelps the Assassin........you just blew my mind.