PDA

View Full Version : Unsure about PreOrdering ??

ProdiGurl
10-22-2012, 07:59 PM
I never buy games when they first come out for a few reasons including lack of finances, I always rent first & usually buy after the price comes down a little but AC is the only series I'd consider buying at full price. I was wondering if alot of you were preordering? I'm figuring that since I'm probably going to buy it anyway, that I might as well just preorder to get the Xtra mission & sword. But I usually see people aren't real thrilled with the extra stuff in preorders... not sure what to do?

Layytez
10-22-2012, 08:00 PM
If you love the AC series as much as we all do then pre order it :)

Free_Hidings
10-22-2012, 09:54 PM
http://entertainmentagentblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/nike-just-do-it2.jpg

This is my first time pre ordering a game, no regrets.

pacmanate
10-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Never have regrets when pre ordering AC games, NEVER!

tjbyrum1
10-22-2012, 10:40 PM
This is my first game pre-ordering, and I'd say it is good.

You can pay 60 dollars now for a video game plus an extra sword and an extra single player. Or you can wait and pay 60 dollars for a video game minus the extra content. But even if you wait for the price to go down, you still won't get the extra content.

If you pre-order a PS3 copy, you''ll get an additional 4 missions, cause it is PS3 (you don't get these 4 missions cause it's pre-order).

This game is huge... revolutionary (excuse the pun)... so huge in fact, the Single Player is on one disc alone, while the MP is on the other disc, that's a decent size.

WhySoSeriosKal
10-22-2012, 10:45 PM
I never buy games when they first come out for a few reasons including lack of finances, I always rent first & usually buy after the price comes down a little but AC is the only series I'd consider buying at full price. I was wondering if alot of you were preordering? I'm figuring that since I'm probably going to buy it anyway, that I might as well just preorder to get the Xtra mission & sword. But I usually see people aren't real thrilled with the extra stuff in preorders... not sure what to do?

If you can't afford it, you shouldn't try. If you think you'd enjoy the bonuses of ordering it ahead of time for a long time that could last worth the spending, then go ahead. :)

WSSK

Assassin_M
10-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Wow, Prodi Gurl :D

Long time no see. Welcome back:D

DinoSteve1
10-22-2012, 11:44 PM

meh they never are really worth it, when I replay my old Assassin's Creed games I rarely play the free dlc that came with them, I'd say if your more comfortable renting it to see if its a good game and then buying it if you think so, you should do that.

ProdiGurl
10-24-2012, 12:07 PM
This is my first game pre-ordering, and I'd say it is good.

You can pay 60 dollars now for a video game plus an extra sword and an extra single player. Or you can wait and pay 60 dollars for a video game minus the extra content. But even if you wait for the price to go down, you still won't get the extra content.

If you pre-order a PS3 copy, you''ll get an additional 4 missions, cause it is PS3 (you don't get these 4 missions cause it's pre-order).

This game is huge... revolutionary (excuse the pun)... so huge in fact, the Single Player is on one disc alone, while the MP is on the other disc, that's a decent size.

TWO Disks ?!?:eek: I didn't know that. I haven't kept up with all the news about the game, just saw a few trailers that were put out & it looked amazing.

Ok, I think I'll go ahead & preorder then.
So far I've loved every AC game enough to think they were worth $60. The problem is when you don't have that kind of money to burn on games.

ProdiGurl
10-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Wow, Prodi Gurl :D

Long time no see. Welcome back:D

Hey thanks!! Great seeing you too~! I missed you guys.
I have SOOO been waiting for this game release. Can't wait to play & check out opinions

Lights Out Asia
10-24-2012, 12:35 PM
If you're a fan of the series and are pretty sure you're going to enjoy the game, then there's no harm whatsoever in pre-ordering (unless of course you don't think you'll have the funds to get it lol.) The bonus stuff is exactly that... bonus, like an added cherry on top, so I'll enjoy it regardless of what it is.

Also, the game is 2 discs? I haven't heard anything about that, though I can't say I'm too surprised about it... it's a huge game. I do hope it's only to split the single and multiplayer up though.

Felix-Vivo
10-24-2012, 01:03 PM
I hope Amazon don't forget to deliver it. I will waiting for my postman next week and if he has it I will throw chocolate him and cry.

CSKarasu
10-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Definitely rent, this title will get its price cut fast and go bargain bin fast because it will be the worst AC yet.

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Definitely rent, this title will get its price cut fast and go bargain bin fast because it will be the worst AC yet.

I see the troll has emerged from under his bridge again...

CSKarasu
10-24-2012, 01:31 PM
I see the troll has emerged from under his bridge again...

Troll:

past usage - someone out to get rise out of others

modern usage - someone I disagree with

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Im not arguing with you, but you are obviously trying to get a rise out of people, why else come on to the Assassins Creed forum just to say you hate it, why waste your energy?

To keep this on topic my answer to the OP would be to preorder, if you want the game then preorder it and you get a nice little incentive for doing so.

CSKarasu
10-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Im not arguing with you, but you are obviously trying to get a rise out of people, why else come on to the Assassins Creed forum just to say you hate it, why waste your energy?

So in your opinion there is no possibility, none at all, that I am a fan of the previous games and I am annoyed at the direction the new game is taking so I voice it on the forums?

Flawless logic

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 01:50 PM
If you feel so strongly, contact ubisoft directly. Most of the people your talking on here are fans of the series and looking forward to the direction its taking. There is no issue with people having their own opinion, but when you won't let other people have their own you look like a troll/flamer.

FinlandRam
10-24-2012, 01:54 PM
if you feel so strongly, contact ubisoft directly. Most of the people your talking on here are fans of the series and looking forward to the direction its taking. There is no issue with people having their own opinion, but when you won't let other people have their own you look like a troll/flamer.

agreed

CSKarasu
10-24-2012, 01:55 PM
If you feel so strongly, contact ubisoft directly. Most of the people your talking on here are fans of the series and looking forward to the direction its taking. There is no issue with people having their own opinion, but when you won't let other people have their own you look like a troll/flamer.

I am a fan of the series probably more than the people looking forward to Red Dead Creed. Also by your own logic you are the troll, because you don't want me to voice my dissenting opinion here and to take it elsewhere.

FinlandRam
10-24-2012, 01:56 PM
i am a fan of the series probably more than the people looking forward to red dead creed. Also by your own logic you are the troll, because you don't want me to voice my dissenting opinion here and to take it elsewhere.

y u no like ac3?

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Right, like I said not arguing, we have both said our piece, I took this off topic im putting it back on.
If you feel you need to argue your case further with me, PM me, otherwise good day to you, sir.

N0_DRM_BUYER
10-25-2012, 02:28 AM
Since when do u buy games, or anything, for that matt3er, ahead of time? u get some hting and then ou pay for it. Dont woorry about me aboieng drung. I am telling you theruth. negotiate the terms ahead of time and then pay for it. screw the new word. Look b4 you buyt/ i am drunk ash heck but READ

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 02:31 AM
First Dafuq ?^^^^

Second, Are you guys Serious ? do not reply to Saint_Shield its exactly what he wants... just leave him in his little corner to cry.... AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN !! he wont stop *****ing and whining

GeneralTrumbo
10-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Quiet kid. Go play Call of Duty you mother f***ing crybaby

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 03:59 AM
dont do it

LightRey
10-25-2012, 10:58 AM
I am a fan of the series probably more than the people looking forward to Red Dead Creed. Also by your own logic you are the troll, because you don't want me to voice my dissenting opinion here and to take it elsewhere.
Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but is the only reason you joined this forum so you could spam that single opinion of yours or do you actually have something of interest to contribute?

CalgaryJay
10-25-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm not pre-ordering simply because I've only done it once before (it wasn't for an AC title btw) & I got completely screwed around.

When I went in to pick it up on the day of release, apparently my pre-order wasn't ready yet so I had to wait. The most frustrating part was there were tons of copies on the shelf but I had to wait for my pre-order, which took almost a week after release to get. Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of pre-ordering? Never again will I pre-order a game.

SevereAtrophy
10-25-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm not pre-ordering simply because I've only done it once before (it wasn't for an AC title btw) & I got completely screwed around.

When I went in to pick it up on the day of release, apparently my pre-order wasn't ready yet so I had to wait. The most frustrating part was there were tons of copies on the shelf but I had to wait for my pre-order, which took almost a week after release to get. Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of pre-ordering? Never again will I pre-order a game.

That is an extremely odd thing to do, that usually only happens with Special editions, where there are limited stocks for each store.
Im not sure what its like in other countries, but in the UK for normal editions of games there should always be enough stock to fulfill every pre-order made at that store on day 1.

CalgaryJay
10-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Ya I don't know what to tell ya, just how it shook out. Needless to say I wasn't impressed, and I pretty much made an *** of myself expressing that to the guy behind the counter haha. Now I'm just too paranoid to do it anymore.

...that and I've kinda learned its not really necessary where I live anyway. Apparently I don't live in an overly huge gaming community, as it seems every A++ title to come out has like a hundred copies sitting on the shelf when I go in to get one on release day, even if its already 5pm after work.

SevereAtrophy
10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Ya I don't know what to tell ya, just how it shook out. Needless to say I wasn't impressed, and I pretty much made an *** of myself expressing that to the guy behind the counter haha. Now I'm just too paranoid to do it anymore.

...that and I've kinda learned its not really necessary where I live anyway. Apparently I don't live in an overly huge gaming community, as it seems every A++ title to come out has like a hundred copies sitting on the shelf when I go in to get one on release day, even if its already 5pm after work.

I don't blame you, think I would be a bit paranoid if that happened to me too.

BeCk41
10-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Never have regrets when pre ordering AC games, NEVER!

^ this

I pre-ordered on the PC for the Deluxe Edition mostly because you get all the DLC stuff (and I mean all of it) for 5 bucks extra, so to me it's worth it. I'm not too excited about waiting until November to play it when I see all my console friends online playing AC3 before pc release date.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sad/sad0004.gif

JACKofA11TradeZ
10-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Shoot I traded in 7 games just to pay off this game I'm in too deep to go back now, plus two words "Midnight" "Launch" the real reason I preordered.

ProdiGurl
10-25-2012, 10:59 PM
I hope Amazon don't forget to deliver it. I will waiting for my postman next week and if he has it I will throw chocolate him and cry.

I usually order all my games thru Amazon, but I figured if I'm paying full price, there's no sense waiting for it by mail when I can grab it at a local store, so I went & preordered it this morning at the new GameStop that went up by my house. I might just wait till later in the afternoon on release day & hang out online to see how people are liking it first before I go pick it up lol

ProdiGurl
10-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Shoot I traded in 7 games just to pay off this game I'm in too deep to go back now, plus two words "Midnight" "Launch" the real reason I preordered.

7 games??? What did you let go? I just hope it's worth it - this will be my first pre order & full price I've paid. I feel like I'm buying a house or something speaking of going in too deep LOL
:D

>> I pre-ordered on the PC for the Deluxe Edition mostly because you get all the DLC stuff (and I mean all of it) for 5 bucks extra, so to me it's worth it. I'm not too excited about waiting until November to play it when I see all my console friends online playing AC3 before pc release date.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sad/sad0004.gif<<
@ Beckwrecks - I love PC if only I had a PC that could handle new games.... but console's R great. I don't have to keep worrying about new OS's when a PC dies on me (which happened last year & forced me to have to use my previous PC) or it's time to get a new one bcuz I keep all my games & replay them . ESP. AC2-ACR.
I

shinyFezzan
10-25-2012, 11:23 PM
I would pre-order, your going to buy it any way but this time you get some more stuff.

CSKarasu
10-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but is the only reason you joined this forum so you could spam that single opinion of yours or do you actually have something of interest to contribute?

Aren't you spamming the single opinion that you love the game? I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are.

Also I don't want to pull the forum vet card but take a look at the join date.

LightRey
10-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Aren't you spamming the single opinion that you love the game? I am entitled to my opinion as much as you are.

Yes, and how many of those 104 posts have you made in the last 6 months?

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 11:34 PM

not really, no he does not spend every single post crapping on every single thread about how much he likes the game..

CSKarasu
10-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Yes, and how many of those 104 posts have you made in the last 6 months?

And that negates my comments at all how? anyway I'm dropping it because this is starting to derail someones thread and I'm not the type of forum member to spam to get threads locked down.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 11:42 PM
And that negates my comments at all how? anyway I'm dropping it because this is starting to derail someones thread and I'm not the type of forum member to spam to get threads locked down.
Finally..

BlackRose1809
10-26-2012, 04:41 AM
Let me see... I get pre order all the time. Mostly for the extra stuff and the game of course. I always play the DLCs last when I'm leveled up to the end.

The last time I saw a game with two disks was in the early to mid nineties when some games had too much content that it had to be in more than two discs. (Final Fantasy VII)

DarkDreamer95
10-26-2012, 06:28 AM
What edition are you getting?
For ACR I had no choice but to get the special edition, but I just found out I can get the Join or Die/Freedom Edition :/ Are they even worth it? Freedom Edition's too expensive, no way I'm buying that, but what about Join or Die?

JACKofA11TradeZ
10-26-2012, 02:04 PM
7 games??? What did you let go? I just hope it's worth it - this will be my first pre order & full price I've paid. I feel like I'm buying a house or something speaking of going in too deep LOL
:D

>> I pre-ordered on the PC for the Deluxe Edition mostly because you get all the DLC stuff (and I mean all of it) for 5 bucks extra, so to me it's worth it. I'm not too excited about waiting until November to play it when I see all my console friends online playing AC3 before pc release date.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sad/sad0004.gif<<
@ Beckwrecks - I love PC if only I had a PC that could handle new games.... but console's R great. I don't have to keep worrying about new OS's when a PC dies on me (which happened last year & forced me to have to use my previous PC) or it's time to get a new one bcuz I keep all my games & replay them . ESP. AC2-ACR.
I
I traded in games I haven't touched since I got them, I can't even remember names.

FinalJ1
10-26-2012, 02:20 PM
I traded in games I haven't touched since I got them, I can't even remember names.
That sounds smart, those games you traded in got you your game, and someone may have want one of the games you traded in.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qoMp8IW2mTk/T3cD1yE-irI/AAAAAAAAFIY/Pasfyg35jCw/s640/great+job.jpg

ProdiGurl
10-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Let me see... I get pre order all the time. Mostly for the extra stuff and the game of course. I always play the DLCs last when I'm leveled up to the end.

The last time I saw a game with two disks was in the early to mid nineties when some games had too much content that it had to be in more than two discs. (Final Fantasy VII)

Back in the earlier PC gaming days when Sierra gaming co. was king, I had 'Phantasmagoria' - it took 7 disks and I had to get my PC heavily upgraded to play it and still got slow frame rates LOL
Those were the days......

@ DarkDreamer: >>What edition are you getting? <<
I just got the generic GameStop edition w/ the extra SP Mayan ruin mission & sawtooth sword... I couldn't afford anything more even if wanted it.
I understand why games aren't cheap, but dang - I think $60 is steep esp. in our crap economy

xXRyzonXx
10-27-2012, 11:56 AM
What edition are you getting?
For ACR I had no choice but to get the special edition, but I just found out I can get the Join or Die/Freedom Edition :/ Are they even worth it? Freedom Edition's too expensive, no way I'm buying that, but what about Join or Die?

I'm pretty sure its far too late to order any of those, I ordered my freedom edition back in march.

ProdiGurl
10-27-2012, 11:59 AM

I might crossbow myself for asking this, but is it the Ezio trilogy you dislike & you liked the first AC only? Just curious

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 12:02 PM
I might crossbow myself for asking this, but is it the Ezio trilogy you dislike & you liked the first AC only? Just curious
Ignore him..

He only knows Irrational argument, petty insults and attention begging..

ProdiGurl
10-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Ignore him..

He only knows Irrational argument, petty insults and attention begging..

K. I've been out of the loop for a long time & don't know everyone yet. I was ready to defend Ezio's honor lol