PDA

View Full Version : Assassinís Creed movie screenplay has begun

dex3108BL
10-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Ubisoft started working on AC movie script. Fox and New Regency will be involved.

http://montreal.ubisoft.com/en/ubisoft-our-news/ubisoft-and-new-regency-partner-on-assassins-creed-film

tjbyrum1
10-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Good, this is good news.

I just hope it doesn't blow up.

andreja110s
10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Finally!

MRNMRSPACER
10-22-2012, 03:12 PM
yay!!hope this is good

pacmanate
10-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Now we wait 2 years :D

zerocooll21
10-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Nice!!! Can't wait to hear more details. I wonder who they are going to start with. Maybe Ezio since he's widely known? Someone new!? Ahh I'm already going nuts :p

maxerx180
10-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Well this is bad news.

zerocooll21
10-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Well this is bad news.

Why?

maxerx180
10-22-2012, 03:40 PM
They are going to have to shove over 20 hours of story in an 1 1/2 hours, its not going to work. Never did never will.

zerocooll21
10-22-2012, 03:43 PM
True, but we don't have any confirmation on which direction they will go. Could be a completely new character. I highly doubt with Ubi having such a big hand in the making of this that there will be more movies.

Plus there are clever ways in filmmaking to get points across.

AWBiggs
10-22-2012, 03:58 PM
$10 says new characters, with a few hints and nods to the existing continuity of the series...

kosmoscreed
10-22-2012, 04:30 PM
This:

while maintaining our own creative and financial flexibility ensures that Assassin’s Creed will be a high-quality film that respects the lore and fans of the video game franchise.”

makes me feel better, let's hope they don't do anything stupid like they did with the movie/game combo with Prince of Persia.

zerocooll21
10-22-2012, 04:32 PM
makes me feel better, let's hope they don't do anything stupid like they did with the movie/game combo with Prince of Persia.

Yah I have faith. Ubi's film studeio negotiated one of the sittfest contracts allowing them greater control on the movie than previous video game adaptations.

pacmanate
10-22-2012, 05:15 PM
I tell you what, if the film is not a 15 rated film this will SUCK. Same thing happened to Prince of Persia, that game is brutal but they made it a 12.

SevereAtrophy
10-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Having read this quote on Variety, it seems we have another AC game coming.

"In addition to preserving elements of the game that make up its DNA, like the design of its characters and historical elements, it hopes to tie in the release of a film with a new game launch."

Taken from: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118061053

tjbyrum1
10-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Here's what I predict:

15 minutes introduction
10 minutes someone close to the future Assassin dies
10 minutes meeting the Assassins
5 minute montage of training
10 minutes of a mission and then assassination
5 minute montage
20 minutes end of movie (including final fight scene and/or conclusion

75 minutes, or 1 hour and 15 minutes

RatonhnhakeFan
10-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Here's what I predict: stuck in development hell for years, if made at all. Happened to countless other movies based on video games. Halo, Mass Effect. Heck, even the new Tomb Raider movie doesn't seem to be progressing at all, even though Tomb Raider movie franchise is quite established already and well remembered by general public thanks to Angelina Jolie.

So yeah, Ubisoft shouldn't bother with these press releases till at least the shooting actually starts lol

WhySoSeriosKal
10-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Ubisoft started working on AC movie script. Fox and New Regency will be involved.

http://montreal.ubisoft.com/en/ubisoft-our-news/ubisoft-and-new-regency-partner-on-assassins-creed-film

Am I the only one that wants all new characters? Like the comics. A new character and story, but the same universe. I think that'd be better than another canon (the movie canon) altogether.

WSSK

WhySoSeriosKal
10-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Having read this quote on Variety, it seems we have another AC game coming.

"In addition to preserving elements of the game that make up its DNA, like the design of its characters and historical elements, it hopes to tie in the release of a film with a new game launch."

Taken from: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118061053

Good find. :)

WSSK

SpitfireSpud
10-22-2012, 07:02 PM
I say they will make it a trilogy :)

I wonder if Michael FassBender will actually play an Assassin, or if he will play the bad guy... good actor :)

With Ubisoft being directly involved, hopefully it will be a better film than PoP...

Only time will tell...

LionHeart XXII
10-22-2012, 07:21 PM
well one of the reasons they are having a hard time getting this movie going is that ubisoft wants most of the control. This is a good thing as it means that big hollywood film makers cant destroy it like prince of persia (even though i actually liked that movie)

derfy2
10-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._(film)

Just sayin'

souNdwAve89
10-22-2012, 08:02 PM
well one of the reasons they are having a hard time getting this movie going is that ubisoft wants most of the control. This is a good thing as it means that big hollywood film makers cant destroy it like prince of persia (even though i actually liked that movie)

I liked Prince of Persia too. Was it a great movie that I will buy on blu-ray? Nope, but I found it to be entertaining at least and I walked out not feeling cheated. I am excited for an Assassin's Creed movie since Ubisoft wants control of the project and it is awesome to have Fassbender involved. I still believe that the movie's story will be original and not follow the games. I think it will be similar to Prince of Persia, where they will use elements from the games instead of a movie version of the first game.

Black_Widow9
10-23-2012, 12:39 AM

Just sayin'
Best Movie EVER!!! :p

I liked Prince of Persia too. Was it a great movie that I will buy on blu-ray? Nope, but I found it to be entertaining at least and I walked out not feeling cheated. I am excited for an Assassin's Creed movie since Ubisoft wants control of the project and it is awesome to have Fassbender involved. I still believe that the movie's story will be original and not follow the games. I think it will be similar to Prince of Persia, where they will use elements from the games instead of a movie version of the first game.
I liked Prince of Persia... I know a lot of people didn't but I enjoyed it too.

zerocooll21
10-23-2012, 02:08 AM

Just sayin'

OMG Are you serious? That was a FANTASTIC movie. Granted for its time but it was a clever take none the less.

n97e
10-23-2012, 02:23 AM
Not sure how I feel about an AC movie. Knowing how most movies based on games go, I'm not gonna hold high expectations.

BATISTABUS
10-24-2012, 07:34 AM
I already posted this in another (locked) thread, but I'll re-post it here.

Please Ubisoft, I beg you. Don't try to recreate the stories from the games...they're already a self-contained cinematic experience. The Fall and The Chain comics were successful and compelling on their own, so a movie shouldn't be any exception. Just stay true to the elements of the series; hardcore fans will appreciate it and new fans would like it just the same.

Also, don't white-wash.

SevereAtrophy
10-24-2012, 07:46 AM
I already posted this in another (locked) thread, but I'll re-post it here.

Please Ubisoft, I beg you. Don't try to recreate the stories from the games...they're already a self-contained cinematic experience. The Fall and The Chain comics were successful and compelling on their own, so a movie shouldn't be any exception. Just stay true to the elements of the series; hardcore fans will appreciate it and new fans would like it just the same.

Also, don't white-wash.

Seeing as there are rumours to them making a game to go alongside the film, im guessing it won't be based on anything already released. Whether it contains familiar characters is another thing.