PDA

View Full Version : Will Assassin's Creed 3 offer bonuses to players whom have played past AC games?

xDARTHxVADER
10-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Has it been confirmed that AC3 will entail a reward for players who have played past AC games, similar to Tom Clancy Future Soldier, Gears of War 3 etc?

roostersrule2
10-22-2012, 07:53 AM
If you've played other Ubisoft games you can get Uplay points to buy extra stuff for AC3, but I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean.

kidhero99
10-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Has it been confirmed that AC3 will entail a reward for players who have played past AC games, similar to Tom Clancy Future Soldier, Gears of War 3 etc?
I highly doubt it, as the previous games didn't unlock a bonus for having a save file of the game which preceded it. But if you have a Vita and get Liberation you'll unlock a few things for AC:L by pairing the vita up with ACIII.

Evenesque
10-22-2012, 08:41 AM
The bonuses for the AC series are the fact that you understand Desmonds plot before the current game, and therefore get the references. That's about it.

xXRyzonXx
10-22-2012, 08:43 AM
The bonuses for the AC series are the fact that you understand Desmonds plot before the current game, and therefore get the references. That's about it.

I think thats a great reward in itself, pluss if you've played the previous games, you get the feeling of having played a great series of games.

Free_Hidings
10-22-2012, 09:11 AM
In ACR I think you got the Courtesan as a MP character if you played Brotherhood? I could be mistaken. Something similar might be in AC3

True_Assassin92
10-22-2012, 11:25 AM
I think he means something like a sort of discount. I've asked this too. Loyal fans should get a discount on future dlc for example. :)

pb0yd1
10-22-2012, 11:29 AM
My reward was 4 great games , whith a community off...98% great people , even the kids(cod) :).

Ielgon
10-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Didn't some of our money carry over from AC2 to ACB and then from ACB to ACR? I remember something along those lines. But since that was Ezio I doubt Connor will get his money! XD

What people are saying is right though: The games and story themselves are the rewards. If that isn't enough and you skipped some of the rewards from other games then you will have some points left on Uplay you could use to unlock the bonuses early (ACB Ezio skin anyone? XD).

deskp
10-22-2012, 11:40 AM
In ACR I think you got the Courtesan as a MP character if you played Brotherhood? I could be mistaken. Something similar might be in AC3
I think this was a thing aswell

Toa TAK
10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
I think thats a great reward in itself, pluss if you've played the previous games, you get the feeling of having played a great series of games.

Yes, the fact you don't need the hand holding like the new players do when they jump into III.

xXRyzonXx
10-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Yes, the fact you don't need the hand holding like the new players do when they jump into III.

Yeah, not to mention a lot of us will probably be pretty good at AC3 the first day, unlike people who aren't used to the games or who hasn't researched AC3 to the amount us forum members have.

im3jia
10-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Maybe only in the multiplayer part. When I played online for the first time in ACR, I got a message like "welcome back," and I got avatars and titles.*

*Now, it could have been because I played in the beta, so there is that to consider...

pacmanate
10-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah, not to mention a lot of us will probably be pretty good at AC3 the first day, unlike people who aren't used to the games or who hasn't researched AC3 to the amount us forum members have.

New players will SUCK. We are the Elite!

FinalJ1
10-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Well it was rumored to us at GameStop by the higher ups that there was rewards. But I haven't heard anything confirmed by ubi yet so...