PDA

View Full Version : ACIII The Complete Official Guide Preview(Might be Spoiler)

catkiller97
10-22-2012, 05:53 AM
In the second pic u see Desmond coming out of the Van :cool:

anik_lc
10-22-2012, 05:59 AM
In the second pic u see Desmond coming out of the Van It could be from previous titles. And where are these from?

zainzombie
10-22-2012, 06:08 AM
I dont think it is a spoiler. Looks interesting but I cant even read the headlines.

AWBiggs
10-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Looks like a Prima strategy guide?

FinalJ1
10-22-2012, 07:01 AM
It is the prima, it's the crafting section.

xXRyzonXx
10-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Interesting, I highly doubt I need a guide, i prefer playing the games without.. finding my own way trough is more fun than having a "preset" one. ;)

FinalJ1
10-22-2012, 07:16 AM
Interesting, I highly doubt I need a guide, i prefer playing the games without.. finding my own way trough is more fun than having a "preset" one. ;)

I buy the collectors book to have they in my library.

xXRyzonXx
10-22-2012, 07:21 AM
I buy the collectors book to have they in my library.

You should call it Altair's library ;)

FinalJ1
10-22-2012, 07:55 AM

I have a ton of collector books and guide books, but Altair's library it is not.

iSoTryHard
10-22-2012, 09:46 AM

if you think about it altairs libary didnt have any books in it

SevereAtrophy
10-22-2012, 09:54 AM
The second pic is titled "ZEITSTRAHL" or roughly translated from German, "Timeline". So I'm guessing that page and it's pictures are just what has come before AC3.

HisSpiritLives
10-22-2012, 12:45 PM
I dont use guides.

lonewarrior30
10-22-2012, 12:51 PM
thank god I know german :D

pacmanate
10-22-2012, 12:57 PM
I dont see why people buy guides, we have the internet, it is free.

lonewarrior30
10-22-2012, 01:03 PM
I dont see why people buy guides, we have the internet, it is free.

well you have to pay for the provider...

xXRazvanXx
10-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Is something els to be with the controller in your hand is front of the TV/monitor and the book beside you,and the felling of the book you holding not to mention the fresh spell of it.
And if i have a guide to...let`s say AC3 i will definitely used it AFTER i enjoyed the game and do what i know i can,then the guide can come and find the other things i missed or didn`t know about them.

SlowBlo
10-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Is something els to be with the controller in your hand is front of the TV/monitor and the book beside you,and the felling of the book you holding not to mention the fresh spell of it.
And if i have a guide to...let`s say AC3 i will definitely used it AFTER i enjoyed the game and do what i know i can,then the guide can come and find the other things i missed or didn`t know about them.

I usually do this for other games that I don't care about learning all the ins-and-outs. AC is just one of those games where I like to discover all the secrets on my own.

You know how long it took me to find those accursed flags in AC1....yeah....I didn't sleep for a while.

berserker134
10-22-2012, 01:49 PM
woo i will already pre ordered it from GS i will need it a little bit.

robytex06
10-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Could someone zoom them?

Sickull
10-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Who is that before Altair it's to small to read.

im3jia
10-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey FinalJ1, this is off topic (I think) but in the Editions thread, someone went to GameStop and the employee said there is a code included with the gameguide, is that true?

AnthonyA85
10-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Looks like i missed the preview pics, ****...

I always get game guides, since they also give you background info on a lot of things, as well as info on things you might not discover by yourself while playing blind.

I'll be ordering my copy when i order the game next month.

Only 8 days 'til console release, but i'll still have to wait until Dec 25th. Smeg!

twenty_glyphs
10-22-2012, 08:38 PM
I don't get guides for every game, but I have gotten them for each Assassin's Creed game since AC2. I've gotten many strategy guides over the years, and the Piggyback guides are the best I have ever seen -- especially the AC ones. Their walkthroughs are always great and spoil as little as possible of the story while you're going through the game. The arrows showing ideal main and optional paths through levels are also great in the AC guides. The story synopsis and speculation section has always been a great bonus in the guides. On top of that, the layout and artwork in the Piggyback guides have been fantastic. I still go back and enjoy just looking through the guides sometimes.

Sure I could just wait until the information is available online, but during the first week or two of the game being out the guide is still the best source of info. For huge games like the AC games, it's really nice to have that guide early on to document so much of the game to help me get more out of it in the early days. Combine that with the great quality product that the Piggyback guides have been, and I'll continue buying the AC guides for the foreseeable future.

FinalJ1
10-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Hey FinalJ1, this is off topic (I think) but in the Editions thread, someone went to GameStop and the employee said there is a code included with the gameguide, is that true?

That is a lie. No code will be given out for a guide. If you could give me the link to the post please.