PDA

View Full Version : I could use a little input.

zoltarDO
10-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Hey everyone, just signed up for the forums and have been checking out videos and reading reviews about AC3 for the past couple days. I come from years of the MMORPG genre after playing WoW, Rift, GW2, LOTRO and SWTOR and just feel like I am losing interest in that style of game. While I do love multiplayer/ PvP action, I feel like the grind has finally gotten to me and I am looking for enjoyment in a different style of game. I am not sure if AC3 will provide that, but I would love to hear what everyone thinks, especially if you have played those games before. Maybe a comparison view would be helpful.

Also, I am sure this has been answered somewhere on these forums, but, do you think I need to purchase AC 1,2 and the other versions before I get AC3? It seems like a lot to jam into one month for the pc version release date. I know myself and as soon as it comes out, I will jump right on it :) I would appreciate any input..Thanks!

x-Lyyr-x
10-22-2012, 03:14 AM
If you dont play the first games you should watch the story walkthrough of all the 4 previous ganes. The storyline in Assassins Creed is epic in such proportions that it send holywood crying home in shame. A wonderful combination of history and 2012 science fiction. My recommendation, is to get the story input before AC3, you will enjoy it so much more!

I can provide you with a link to the best storyline playlist i found on youtube, where you can watch the entire saga from AC to Revelations.

In any case, welcome aboard fellow gamer!

zoltarDO
10-22-2012, 03:23 AM
If you dont play the first games you should watch the story walkthrough of all the 4 previous ganes. The storyline in Assassins Creed is epic in such proportions that it send holywood crying home in shame. A wonderful combination of history and 2012 science fiction. My recommendation, is to get the story input before AC3, you will enjoy it so much more!

I can provide you with a link to the best storyline playlist i found on youtube, where you can watch the entire saga from AC to Revelations.

In any case, welcome aboard fellow gamer!

Thanks for the reply and kind welcome. I would love a link. I was contemplating picking up maybe the latest version to play at least to learn some mechanics and to give me something to do until AC3 comes out but wasn't sure which of the last couple versions would be a good representation of what to expect. I would prefer something with multiplayer capability.

x-Lyyr-x
10-22-2012, 03:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB688ABA294DE0A3B

That is my favorite playlist so far.m Everything is there (story related, all cutscenes, dialogues, scenes both within and outside the animus) in chronological order so you can watch it as a movie of sorts :)

The whole thing ends where AC3 is going to pick up.
Enjoy!

AntiChrist7
10-22-2012, 09:16 AM
you're just a few days late, cause last week there was a AC-sale on gamersgate, where you could pick up all 4 games for not even €50

Anykeyer
10-23-2012, 08:57 AM
I dont think watching it on YT is a good idea. You have to play it. And do it it order, cause later games make almost no sense without knowledge from earlier chapters.
And in terms of gameplay AC definitelly resembles MMO games. It even does include some grind elements (like collecting feathers or restoring all shops or controlling all cities in a mini-game), all of them can be safely avoided.

Dizlol
10-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Definitly play AC2 ACB and ACR, give AC1 a try, but if you think the gameplay gets stale, don't give up on the franchise and try AC2!

There is a nice sale going on on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14728?snr=1_41_4__42

AntiChrist7
10-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Definitly play AC2 ACB and ACR, give AC1 a try, but if you think the gameplay gets stale, don't give up on the franchise and try AC2!

There is a nice sale going on on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14728?snr=1_41_4__42

**** you beat me to it :p

at the OP: you can save yourself money by not buying the dlc for Assassins creed revelations. 2 of them are MP (that are not very popular and in a month everybody will be playing AC3 MP), and the lost archive is something you can definetly watch on yt. So thats €30 for the 4 main games, a bargain