PDA

View Full Version : Things That Will Piss You Off (No Spoilers, Just Speculation)

tjbyrum1
10-21-2012, 11:16 PM
We've seen the characters and some events in the game, and I'm sure we can all agree we know what probably happens in the game.

What are some things that you think will happen that's just going to straight piss you off? Again this is JUST speculation, nothing more. None of us know anything about the storyline deaths.

I don't know much about Achilles, Connor's mentor, but this guy just screams out "Love me, then kill me off". He just looks like the kind of character we'll all get to know and love, and then he'll probably die off somewhere. He looks very likeable, and I'm sure he'll be a great character... and it's going to make me so mad if he dies.

The Mohawk village Chieftain (I assume that's his status) that visits Connor's Homestead often looks like a favorable character as well. Like Achilles, he just seems like he's going to be one of those likeable characters we get sort of attached to and then... I'm pretty sure he'll die off sometime or another.

Among other things are the (2nd?) burning of Connor's Mohawk village as well as Connor's probable death (though it seems unlikely).

PS: I'm just talking about storyline wise, like the characters and events. NOT the features.

DinoSteve1
10-21-2012, 11:19 PM
From what I seen of Assassin's Creed 3 so far it all looks pretty good, but no matter what they say about Lucy i will be pissed off as I liked her character.

shanethebouncer
10-21-2012, 11:21 PM
I'd be mad if they didn't resurrect Lucy then kill her off again.

On a serious note the only thing that might concern me is single player replay value.

DinoSteve1
10-21-2012, 11:25 PM
I wonder how they are going to end it, if they want to carry on with other Assassin's Creed games they can't have that conclusive of an ending.

tjbyrum1
On a serious note the only thing that might concern me is single player replay value.

Although the SP replay value wasn't really too high for past AC, I still had an urge to replay them. Seeing as AC3 has a lot more stuff to do in it, it ought to be even more replay value.

Rogue Agent 035
Among other things are the (2nd?) burning of Connor's Mohawk village as well as Connor's probable death (though it seems unlikely).

My personal feeling an speculation is that by end Connor will have met his fate, maybe not in the fashion Ezio did, but his story along with Desmonds will tie up by the end of AC3. I truly hope I'm wrong, but given the amount of interviews I've read here lately, I just have that gut feeling that Connor is a 1 title hero, then by AC4 we're off to another hero an locale.

Assassin_M
10-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Someone making a thread called "Things that will piss you off"

lbrosfilm
10-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Although the SP replay value wasn't really too high for past AC, I still had an urge to replay them. Seeing as AC3 has a lot more stuff to do in it, it ought to be even more replay value.

I put about 85-90 hours into ACB alone, 60 of which were after I had finished all of the missions....

shanethebouncer
10-21-2012, 11:31 PM
I hope that Connors ships is available after the story is complete. If that's the case then between that and the frontier the replay should be substantially higher than previous games. And petting domestic animals of course.

Layytez
10-21-2012, 11:33 PM
If Desmond saves the world there is no damage to earth and no feeling of suspense.

lbrosfilm
10-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Something that would piss me off is if the sequences when
[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

your young Connor (sequences 1, 2, 3 and 4 presumably) last too long; as cool as playing through a whole character's life is, I want to be an Assassin. Hopefully the first 4 sequences are shorter and fun as well, but I assume sequence 5 is Assassin training.

tjbyrum1
10-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Something that would piss me off is if the sequences when
[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

your young Connor (sequences 1, 2, 3 and 4 presumably) last too long; as cool as playing through a whole character's life is, I want to be an Assassin. Hopefully the first 4 sequences are shorter and fun as well, but I assume sequence 5 is Assassin training.

Going with what you said, I've been wondering how committed Connor is to the Brotherhood.

I don't know, I just don't see any good relations between Connor and the Guild, other than the fact he dons an Assassin robe and a Hidden Blade. He just seems to be like "Okay, I'll train with this Assassins, but I don't care about them". He seems more focused on the salvation of his tribe and their future than the Assassins.

kudos17
10-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Going with what you said, I've been wondering how committed Connor is to the Brotherhood.

I don't know, I just don't see any good relations between Connor and the Guild, other than the fact he dons an Assassin robe and a Hidden Blade. He just seems to be like "Okay, I'll train with this Assassins, but I don't care about them". He seems more focused on the salvation of his tribe and their future than the Assassins.

I think it's more a means to an end. He's trying to save everyone and bring justice to those who deserve it, and the Assassins are a way to do that. He probably believes in the cause, but I feel like there's a sort of disconnect between him and the Assassins. After all, a lot of their organization was focused in Europe and the East at that point, not the Americas. He probably doesn't have too much contact with a large brotherhood other than the one he creates in the colonies and Achilles.

DinoSteve1
10-22-2012, 12:14 AM
I'd love to know how Connor fits in with Desmond's family tree.

JordanPollard
10-22-2012, 12:29 AM
That you cant dye your clothes

lbrosfilm
10-22-2012, 12:57 AM

I was wondering about that too, that was one thing that annoyed me about Ezio; he only became an Assassin to get revenge, it wasn't his job like Altair's. He just happened to have been born into the Order...

In the opening cutscene for Sequence 6 that we saw from that gameplay from September, Connor told Achilles that [SPOILERS] 'I made a promise to my people' even though Achilles, the obviously more experianced Assassin, that it was dangerous. Connor seems not to give to much of a crap about the Brotherhood, but I could be wrong (hopefully)...

I hope there are some assassinations in ACIII where you can get in, kill only your target silently, and escape without anyone ever seeing you as well. (like the Banker's assassination in ACB)

FinalJ1
10-22-2012, 12:59 AM
The wont be able to mount the deer I killed head on the wall of my house.

DinoSteve1
10-22-2012, 01:05 AM
I was wondering about that too, that was one thing that annoyed me about Ezio; he only became an Assassin to get revenge, it wasn't his job like Altair's. He just happened to have been born into the Order...

In the opening cutscene for Sequence 6 that we saw from that gameplay from September, Connor told Achilles that [SPOILERS] 'I made a promise to my people' even though Achilles, the obviously more experianced Assassin, that it was dangerous. Connor seems not to give to much of a crap about the Brotherhood, but I could be wrong (hopefully)...

I hope there are some assassinations in ACIII where you can get in, kill only your target silently, and escape without anyone ever seeing you as well. (like the Banker's assassination in ACB)

I'd say at the start yes Ezio did want revenge, but by the end of AC2 he truly does believe in what the Assassins do, I'd also say that its a while Altair was born into the Assassins and was raised with its tenets, he never really believed in the Assassins dogma and just viewed it as just a job until he ****s up at the start of AC1.

tjbyrum1
10-22-2012, 01:22 AM
In ACII Ezio was young and reckless, wanting nothing but revenge. But remember once he had the opportunity to kill the Pope, he refused, spared his life, and stated it would not bring his family back. To me that symbolizes Ezio's 'turning point' when he finally decided revenge was no longer what he was after. After the Auditore-Conspiracy was complete, I think Ezio became fully acquainted with the Guild and its members, especially since he helped overthrow Templar control in Rome as well as Constantinople on his own efforts.

Connor just doesn't feel this way, but let's hope we're wrong.

Sick_one12
10-22-2012, 01:26 AM
I have a strong feeling that Desmond is going to die at the end of ACIII....and that would piss me the hell off:p
I dont mind a bitter sweet ending in which for example William,Rebecca,Shaun die...just please dont kill of the main protagonist after 5 games & years:mad:

DinoSteve1
10-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Hasn't ubi stated that this is Desmond's last game.

tjbyrum1
10-22-2012, 01:30 AM
I hope Shaun dies.

Rebecca is fine, but if she dies it'll be okay too.

yoshiyukily
10-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Getting back into the multiplayer after almost a year-long hiatus and the frustration that will follow. Or if it's not enough to hook me again, I'll be disappointed.

tjbyrum1
10-22-2012, 01:55 AM
Hold on guys, some of you are talking about features, I ain't talking about that, just the characters and events in the storyline.

FinalJ1
10-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Hold on guys, some of you are talking about features, I ain't talking about that, just the characters and events in the storyline.

Ok no features just character. Then Ben Franklin better be portrayed as the biggest pimp in US history.

kriegerdesgottes
10-22-2012, 02:19 AM
Lucy staying dead and not referencing her at all anymore will anger me. I'm also ok with Shaun dieing. He annoys me anyway. If they don't give us a little more information about how Desmond is related to Altair, Ezio, Connor (which parents). If Desmond dies.

FinalJ1
10-22-2012, 02:54 AM
Lucy staying dead and not referencing her at all anymore will anger me. I'm also ok with Shaun dieing. He annoys me anyway. If they don't give us a little more information about how Desmond is related to Altair, Ezio, Connor (which parents). If Desmond dies.
It was confirmed the Lucy issue would be touch upon.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/718077-A-note-about-Lucy-Spoilers/page7?highlight=Lucy

Rogue Agent 035
10-22-2012, 03:00 AM

According to One of the Mission Designers at the recent E8 show in australia, he mentioned that Lucy will be mentioned but only briefly I believe to finally close a door that's been open fer awhile, as for the connection between the ancestors, I agree, I wanna know that as well.

Evenesque
10-22-2012, 03:05 AM
If Connors' default outfit isn't allowed to be dyed different colors. Yes, it's a feature, but if I have to run around in a white coat outfit in the middle of Boston, New York, and the Frontier in the middle of summer, then it's going to negatively affect the story in my opinion. People should notice that ****.

What will piss me off the most, however, is if there's tree pop-in. I can't play Skyrim because of that. I ****ing hate it when trees just appear out of nowhere and/or hitch the game when they render.

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
10-22-2012, 03:09 AM
I know that if Desmond doesn't have the hood he does in my Profile pic, I'm gonna be Pissed.

JCearlyyears
10-22-2012, 03:12 AM
I don't think he does. Another screen shot shows him with a red stripe where the zipper is on the hood.

FinalJ1
10-22-2012, 03:22 AM
I don't think he does. Another screen shot shows him with a red stripe where the zipper is on the hood.
I hope he is because he is the most complex man red these links.

http://www.swarthmore.edu/SocSci/bdorsey1/41docs/51-fra.html
http://myfivebest.com/the-dirty-secrets-of-benjamin-franklin/

Aphex_Tim
10-22-2012, 08:04 AM
I have a strong feeling that Desmond is going to die at the end of ACIII....and that would piss me the hell off:p
I dont mind a bitter sweet ending in which for example William,Rebecca,Shaun die...just please dont kill of the main protagonist after 5 games & years:mad:

Hell, i'd be pissed if any of 'em died.
I'd much rather just see a happy end where they save the world, then proceed to eat shawarma in New York.
Probably ain't gonna happen though.

Black_Widow9
10-22-2012, 11:30 PM
This topic really isn't constructive and the title is inappropriate. :/