PDA

View Full Version : Canoeing?

Sick_one12
10-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Since we only got one screenshot of Connor canoeing in ACIII back in march and never heard or saw anything about it again(as far as I know)

Is it possibly that they removed that feature or is just so minor that they thought they dont have to mention it again?:D

Does anyone know anything about that?:)

NewBlade200
10-21-2012, 12:23 AM
It's very minor. They probably just copy pasted it from AC2

tre289
10-21-2012, 03:50 AM

Considering Ezio never used a canoe, I assume it will be a little bit differently designed animation wise.

BBALive
10-21-2012, 04:39 AM

Canoeing isn't that same as using a Gondola. We've already seen a screenshot of it anyway.

Evenesque
10-21-2012, 04:41 AM

Considering he's sitting in the canoe, no.

Calvarok
10-21-2012, 04:52 AM
I'm assuming he meant the mechanic and controls were copy-pasted. As for the canoe, I forgot about it and I hope it's not cut!!!

B_Crispino
10-21-2012, 05:08 AM
its probably there... canoeing is a native cultural characteristic, i believe

Evenesque
10-21-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm assuming he meant the mechanic and controls were copy-pasted. As for the canoe, I forgot about it and I hope it's not cut!!!

Again, he's sitting in the canoe. The mechanics inherently change from canoe to gondola.

Why? Because gondolas were steered by a punt pole, because the ground was always within reach and the boat had no rudder. Canoes don't use those, they use paddles, because the riverbed isn't always shallow enough, there was no reason to turn corners in rivers, and that's not what Native Americans used. That's why he's sitting.

Unless it's on rails, the controls would almost have to be different in order for that to work at all.

DylanJosh9
10-21-2012, 08:08 AM
OP does have a point though. So many trailers and "making of" videos have been released and we've never seen the Canoe after that very early screenshot

HisSpiritLives
10-21-2012, 09:27 AM
OP does have a point though. So many trailers and "making of" videos have been released and we've never seen the Canoe after that very early screenshot

Because it is almost same as in past AC titles.

lukaszep
10-21-2012, 10:53 AM
I guess it's because it's not a ground breaking new feature for the franchise, they haven't taken time to show it off.
I doubt it's been cut (unless they came into some game play problems with it in Beta, but that seems unlikely). If it was already implemented well enough for them to take a screenshot of it, I think it's safe to say it's still in the game.

Ielgon
10-21-2012, 11:50 AM
I seriously hope they just didn't show it because it's not a groundbreaking feature, I loved that screenshot and I love the idea that we can quickly travel the frontier across the rivers like that. I'm scared they took it out now that you guys mention it though, we've seen some huge waterfalls and maybe they felt it just didn't work if you could drop off of those and lose your canoe and/or die and restart somewhere else (if there are a lot of those big waterfalls that is).

pacmanate
10-21-2012, 11:52 AM
No reason why it should be taken out. So its probably in there.

projectpat06
10-30-2012, 05:00 AM
Can anyone who has the game confirm that canoeing is in the game? If not, I guess I will find out in the morning

jmk1999
10-30-2012, 05:08 AM
you're probably not gonna get much feedback right now. anyone that has it is probably not gonna be hanging out on the forum just yet. regardless, i'm not sure it's that big of an issue is it? it's not gonna make you change your mind about buying it i hope.

btw, i haven't played it yet... but i'm fairly certain there's no three 6 mafia in Liberation... you know, in case you're curious. :cool:

C3G Jester
10-30-2012, 05:33 AM
I dont care much for canoe or gondolas. I just swim lol. Its eaier to just jump in/dive then swim no matter how far. The Revelation between the HQ and the huge map is a water which I swim all the time. LOVE SWIMMING FTW

projectpat06
10-30-2012, 05:36 AM
you're probably not gonna get much feedback right now. anyone that has it is probably not gonna be hanging out on the forum just yet. regardless, i'm not sure it's that big of an issue is it? it's not gonna make you change your mind about buying it i hope.

btw, i haven't played it yet... but i'm fairly certain there's no three 6 mafia in Liberation... you know, in case you're curious. :cool:

hahaha, it was just a nickname given to me by my pledge brothers and it stuck. But not it's def not a game breaker. I'm picking the game up first thing in the morning as soon as target opens up.

jmk1999
10-30-2012, 05:37 AM
hmm... interesting. i just got bored of swimming... especially in places like venice where i couldn't make a jump after discovering i ran out of rooftops... and got stuck swimming through a canal. :nonchalance: don't get me wrong, i love the option though... particularly since the option is NOT being able to swim or instant death because water = death... but you know... swimming for fun? not so much. i think if there was an option to explore and dive deeper, i might enjoy it more.

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 07:07 AM
It took me ages to remember Ezio using the Gondola's I was wondering what you people were all talking about, and to the OP, yes it will probably be there:)

projectpat06
11-01-2012, 01:10 AM
anyone come across a canoe yet?

MT4K
11-01-2012, 01:12 AM
anyone come across a canoe yet?

Gabe confirmed that they aren't there :(.

AllThatJuice
11-01-2012, 01:29 AM
tbh I dont really see any point in canoeing...im sure itd be quick just to run or travel by horse...in AC2 its kinda worked because it helped you get to places faster