PDA

View Full Version : Will Assassins creed 3 have this level of tree climbing?

dadskababs
10-20-2012, 02:54 PM
I recently checked out this video and was astonished by the tree climbing at 14:27. If anyome could tell me if the real game will have this amount of detail in the navigation.
Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucBYXX5wK1I

Thank you for any replies.

Ielgon
10-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Well this is their "target" gameplay. Basically this video is what they wanted the game to be like. In the end I think they surpassed it, so yes this kind of navigation will be in (I'm not sure about the "flat" climb though, haven't seen Connor do that in recent footage yet). The difference is that from what we've seen the branches and trees in the final build are farther apart, so most of the time you won't be stepping/running across different branches but rather walking along and jumping between them. Most of the ideas of the moves are in though (like the branch "swing" and the longer jump aswell as the monkey bar hang climb thing).

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 03:06 PM
I dont think there are vaulting moves over branches like in the target, however they could do it for next gen :D

rupok2
10-20-2012, 03:12 PM
It seems like its better to you cause its a cinematic. The actual animations in the game are better but the graphics are not thats why you consider it on a higher level. Unfortunately the graphics will probably not be as good as the cinematic due to consoles and current gen.

Dan Pen 97
10-20-2012, 03:25 PM
It seems like its better to you cause its a cinematic. The actual animations in the game are better but the graphics are not thats why you consider it on a higher level. Unfortunately the graphics will probably not be as good as the cinematic due to consoles and current gen.

So will that be the only problem then?

rileypoole1234
10-20-2012, 03:37 PM

I think the graphics now look better than that video's. Connor looks way less detailed in that.

To answer your question, I think it won't be exactly the same, but extremely close to that.

dadskababs
10-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Thank you for the replies. I thought I noticed a similarity between the reveal trailer and that bit of tree climbing. For me, that would be ideal but I guess we will have to wait.
There is always a possibility though :D

Soulid_Snake
10-20-2012, 04:42 PM
The camera movement when tracking the player is pretty amazing, in the pre-production footage(14:29)!

Ielgon
10-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Thank you for the replies. I thought I noticed a similarity between the reveal trailer and that bit of tree climbing. For me, that would be ideal but I guess we will have to wait.
There is always a possibility though :D

That would be because the reveal trailer has parts from this that have been cut/modified. Some of the parts are exactly the same except for the camera angle and how Connor looks.

Sarari
10-21-2012, 12:15 AM
I always dreamed of smooth & fluent parkour like that in future games, but I didn't expect it to come so soon :D

Unfortunately though, this isn't how the game is gonna look. All the moves in that video are gonna be featured in the game, except i think for the part when he bounces off a branch like a trampoline to grab onto the other branch. Plus, they aren't going to be as fluent as that.

HisSpiritLives
10-21-2012, 09:32 AM
I pretty much like climbing in final version.

JarodRussel2012
10-21-2012, 11:42 AM
It would be extremely disappointing if the final gameplay doesn't live up to the gameplay of a pre-production test video, because I absolutely love it.