PDA

View Full Version : AnvilNext Engine and Questions

tjbyrum1
10-20-2012, 12:57 AM
1. Is the musket going to be like a heavy weapon (carry around, but cannot sheath)?
2. Can you reload the musket?
3. Are there random encounters? If so, what kind do we know of?
4. How many large-scale battles will there be?
5. Can you shoot guns while on a horse?

One thing I'd like to do is pick up a musket on one of the large-scale battle missions and act like I'm a colonial and fight the Redcoats. Do you think this is possible? Like, being one of the soliders in the battle?

tjbyrum1
10-20-2012, 01:24 AM
Bumped cause I edited it.

Mrnilsman
10-20-2012, 09:26 AM
These are very specific questions.
I guess nobody will be able to answer them until the game comes
Nevertheless good questions ;)

Locopells
10-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes, No Yes, Pass, Possibily.

NOLA_Assassin
10-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Yes, No Yes, Pass, Possibily.

Actually I think we have seen Connor walk around with a musket on his back.

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 02:45 PM
1. Is the musket going to be like a heavy weapon (carry around, but cannot sheath)?

One thing I'd like to do is pick up a musket on one of the large-scale battle missions and act like I'm a colonial and fight the Redcoats. Do you think this is possible? Like, being one of the soliders in the battle?

1. Yes you can sheath it
2. You probably can reload the musket seeing as you can reload pistols
3. Random encounters? If you mean random guards in the Frontier then yes
4. No one knows how many large scale battles there are... how would anyone know this...
5. Yes

BBALive
10-20-2012, 04:35 PM

1. Yes, you can sheathe it. I believe the muskets you pick up while you're out and about will act like heavy weapons from previous games, but the muskets you purchase and keep at your hideout can be sheathed. They replace the bow in the latter scenario.
2. Yes, most likely. It would be stupid to allow you to have a musket in your arsenal but then take away the ability to reload it.
3. Elaborate. If you consider bumping into an animal or an enemy convoy 'random', then yes. Or are you referring to the system in RDR where random NPCs will ask you to help them? I don't know about that.
4. Nobody here can tell you the answer that.
5. Probably, no evidence to back it up though.

tjbyrum1
10-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the answers, but to clear up confusions:

On number 3, the random encounters, I was referring to how ACR was and how RDR was. Just periodical random non-essential NPC's you can choose to help with a small task. Save a woman from guards, retrieve a wagon, untie a hostage, etc. it's like side-missions, but they start anytime, anywhere, with a number of possibilities.

On number 4, the battles, I just assumed someone here would know cause I didn't know if the developers said anything about it, or maybe the achievements hinted to the number of battles, etc.

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 04:46 PM
1. Yes, you can sheathe it. I believe the muskets you pick up while you're out and about will act like heavy weapons from previous games, but the muskets you purchase and keep at your hideout can be sheathed. They replace the bow in the latter scenario.
2. Yes, most likely. It would be stupid to allow you to have a musket in your arsenal but then take away the ability to reload it.
3. Elaborate. If you consider bumping into an animal or an enemy convoy 'random', then yes. Or are you referring to the system in RDR where random NPCs will ask you to help them? I don't know about that.
4. Nobody here can tell you the answer that.
5. Probably, no evidence to back it up though.

You could reload and shoot the hidden pistol and crossbow on horseback. The mechanics would be the same.

Slayer_WTF
10-20-2012, 04:47 PM

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

:)

adarwinter
10-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the answers, but to clear up confusions:

On number 3, the random encounters, I was referring to how ACR was and how RDR was. Just periodical random non-essential NPC's you can choose to help with a small task. Save a woman from guards, retrieve a wagon, untie a hostage, etc. it's like side-missions, but they start anytime, anywhere, with a number of possibilities.

i hope to know this as well. i keep crossing my fingers but i dont think UBI said anything about such things in AC3 so it's either a "No" or "no one in the community can answer this".
i truely hope for systemic side missions that can happen anywhere randomly and provide extra excuses for fights and action beyond the main quest.

tjbyrum1
10-20-2012, 06:07 PM
I think it'd be cool to find random encounters of colonials battling British.

BBALive
10-20-2012, 06:41 PM
I think it'd be cool to find random encounters of colonials battling British.

It would be quite cool to come across a small skirmish between Patriots and Redcoats where you can directly influence the outcome of the battle by killing people on either side.

Evenesque
10-20-2012, 06:55 PM
All I know is Connor can climb while holding a musket. I can't remember where I saw this, and I can't find it, but I know it happened.

AssassinGame1
10-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I have made a thread about this once...