PDA

View Full Version : I'm Having A Serious Problem...

Asilee
10-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm playing the first Assassin's Creed on PC (bought it through Steam) the game keeps freezing. I'll lock on a target, it'll freeze, I'll jump down from some where high, it would freeze..etc. This only happens when I'm locking on something, jumping down or going into battle. Anyone have any clues as to why this is happening? I've tried everything that I possibly could. It's never done this before. I played AC on this very same PC 3 years ago with no problems. What's the problem now?

Krayus Korianis
10-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Steam's probably having a problem with the game on your current PC... Specs? Anything that can help would help us help you.

HSCOnyxAssassin
10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm playing the first Assassin's Creed on PC (bought it through Steam) the game keeps freezing. I'll lock on a target, it'll freeze, I'll jump down from some where high, it would freeze..etc. This only happens when I'm locking on something, jumping down or going into battle. Anyone have any clues as to why this is happening? I've tried everything that I possibly could. It's never done this before. I played AC on this very same PC 3 years ago with no problems. What's the problem now?

That sucks to hear man. Ubisupport told me my PC was 'TOO NEW" to run AC1. I also got it on steam. I played for 3 days(about an hour a day) with no problems. All of a sudden on the 4th day the game loads with only audio, no video. Ubisupport couldn't figure the problem out and everytime i tried to send them my digix and msinfo32 my msinfo 32 would be corrupted. I have an alienware m17x running radeon ati video card. So this was all in April this year. I kept in contact with ubisupport and finally 5 months later in Sep. they tell me that my computer is just too new to run AC1 so I'm basically SOL. They DID give me 30% off of a pc download but I had already pre-ordered AC3 and none of their other titles interest me.

Jexx21
10-19-2012, 08:53 PM
OP's issue is because Assassin's Creed tries to contact UbiSoft servers whenever you do certain actions do that they can know what players are doing. Either disconnect the internet or block some specific IPs with your firewall.

More info is found on the PC forums.