PDA

View Full Version : The reason Desmond re-enters the animus? - NO SPOILERS

Sarari
10-19-2012, 03:52 AM
If I am correct, Desmond, Shaun, Rebecca, and his William travel to New York. If so, I THINK I may know the reason why he re-enters the animus.

It's a very short and simple theory; he needs Connor to access the vault. I'm guessing that Connor used the vault to hide a POE that he found. What do you guys think the reason he re-enters the animus?

tjbyrum1
10-19-2012, 04:00 AM
Because Ubisoft knows its the strongest point of marketing the AC video games.

Layytez
10-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Connor may have accidentally come across the temple and then discovered it's importance. I'm guessing Connor put some precautions to prevent just anyone getting inside.

rileypoole1234
10-19-2012, 04:12 AM
You realise that they're at the Grand Temple right? Not a vault. What Desmond is doing is saving the world. We don't know how yet obviously. I think it's because he doesn't know how to get into the Grand Temple, but Connor did.

Layytez
10-19-2012, 04:17 AM
The Grand Temple kinda loses it's mystery, importance and wow factor if someone else has already been in there don't you think ?

FinalJ1
10-19-2012, 05:09 AM
A temple is in one of the most developed areas of the USA. I'm so excited to see how it has stayed hidden from just random people.

LoyalACFan
10-19-2012, 05:11 AM
The Grand Temple kinda loses it's mystery, importance and wow factor if someone else has already been in there don't you think ?

Not really. Did Ezio visiting the Colosseum vault diminish its significance to Desmond?

Anyway, I'm guessing the reason he needs to visit Connor is because he doesn't know what he's supposed to do in the vault. Yeah, seems like Jupiter should have mentioned that, but hey, ACR wasn't even thought of until the AC3 story was already pretty much done.

Jexx21
10-19-2012, 05:26 AM
Uhh.. no. Desmond knows what to do in the vault: Take Jupiters words into his hands (his glowing arm), and then activate something in the Grand Temple with it. Like Voice Recognition conveyed through touch.

xXRazvanXx
10-19-2012, 06:43 AM
I`m curious how they know that Connor is "the guy" to look at his the memories.If you remeber in AC2,Lucy finds a memory match between Desmond and Clay (subject 16).

Evenesque
10-19-2012, 08:52 AM

How else would it have been built?

You ever built a room without going inside it?

Sajn12
10-19-2012, 09:36 AM
I think they'll enter the Temple without any problems. But, inside... there will be some more... revelations? I think that bacause there were leaked achievements and 2nd of them was named "Desmond's destiny" or something like that... Desmond will learn something about what he needs to do... And Connor would be a help for it. Finding answers in past :P

Steww-
10-19-2012, 11:29 AM
I think it will have something to do with the Apple that Connor will no doubt come in contact with (we know Washington has one).

While they will be able to set up inside a cave (the screenshot of the team), I have a feeling they will need 2 PoEs (or some similar challenge) to open a final door.

Jamiedwi
10-19-2012, 11:35 AM
I think, seeing as they go to Brazil (according to hacked history and a few interviews), a skyscraper (achievements) that they need to find out a few things that Connor hid in order to enter the vault and thats why they go into the animus. Also the OWCB/ the apple may be helping them and tell them who last entered the vault.

HisSpiritLives
10-19-2012, 12:19 PM
I cant wait to see how Connor comes in touch with POE.

Layytez
10-19-2012, 12:29 PM
You don't seem to understand what I meant. It being "Grand". If many people have been in and out of it it doesn't feel as special to me.

DarkSolitude-X
10-19-2012, 01:07 PM
You don't seem to understand what I meant. It being "Grand". If many people have been in and out of it it doesn't feel as special to me.

Grand is aslo used for "Big"

SpitfireSpud
10-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Does anyone know how many more POEs we will see? In Revelations we had 2 Apples, Altairs & Ezios. Desmond and the others have Ezios. Will they ever get Altairs? or will Conor?

Also, is there a significance between the 2 Apples? I mean the Apples that Ezio and Altair possessed?

Just always wondered if Desmond would get hold of the 2 of them... or does he need all 6.

SevereAtrophy
10-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Well after the big "Desmond Reveal" today, we know he has got all the training he needs from Altair and Ezio, but there is something he needs from Connor to access the Temple.

LoyalACFan
10-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know how many more POEs we will see? In Revelations we had 2 Apples, Altairs & Ezios. Desmond and the others have Ezios. Will they ever get Altairs? or will Conor?

Also, is there a significance between the 2 Apples? I mean the Apples that Ezio and Altair possessed?

Just always wondered if Desmond would get hold of the 2 of them... or does he need all 6.

Altair's Apple is out of the picture. Abstergo eventually got their hands on it used it in a failed satellite experiment. It was either destroyed in the explosion, lost in space, or blasted back into the atmosphere to land who knows where.

DeSabellis
10-19-2012, 08:03 PM
I think it's good that none of us can really provide a theory that convinces everyone. It makes me that much more excited to see the actual reason.

Don't forget Desmond's arm is blue now... maybe something to do with his apparent transformation?

tjbyrum1
10-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Don't forget Desmond's arm is blue now... maybe something to do with his apparent transformation?

What? Blue? What did I miss?

naran6142
10-19-2012, 08:40 PM
What? Blue? What did I miss?

At the end of ACR his arm is glowing

Krayus Korianis
10-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Well after the big "Desmond Reveal" today, we know he has got all the training he needs from Altair and Ezio, but there is something he needs from Connor to access the Temple.

Wrong, it was another Apple that they had gotten for that. (Not the one that Ezio came in contact with and then left for Desmond). Alta´r's Apple of Eden was locked away in the vault beneath Masyaf Castle. Everyone believed it was moved to Cyprus but it wasn't.

El Templo Grande (The Big/Grand Temple)

tjbyrum1
10-19-2012, 09:40 PM
At the end of ACR his arm is glowing

Hmmm... that's strange, I'll go look into that.

naran6142
10-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Hmmm... that's strange, I'll go look into that.

Well you can only see it for a second, only noticed after i had heard about it first :p

SevereAtrophy
10-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Wrong, it was another Apple that they had gotten for that. (Not the one that Ezio came in contact with and then left for Desmond). Alta´r's Apple of Eden was locked away in the vault beneath Masyaf Castle. Everyone believed it was moved to Cyprus but it wasnt.

Did you even see the trailer? BIll himself says Desmond has the received the skills he needs from Altair and Ezio but needs to reenter the animus to obtain something from his next ancestors memories. That is what I am on about not the apple, I never mentioned it.

Locopells
10-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Still wondering exactly what it is that Connor knows...

Legendz54
10-20-2012, 10:24 AM
I wonder how Connor gets caught up with all the TWCB stuff during his struggle for freedom? Maybe he will learn from Achilles of a grand temple that the templars want to find and Connor gets in the temple first.

Locopells
10-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm assuming it's something like that.

zainzombie
10-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Maybe just before entering the grand temple, Templars stop them, we get a fight sequence, Assassins are outnumbered by the templars and their weapons and are forced to give away the apple. One team takes the apple and the other team is ordered to kill the assassins but Assassins fight back and kill the remaining templars somehow and survive but are now without an apple which is needed to get access to the grand temple and are forced to revisit Connor's memories for another one.

Legendz54
10-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe just before entering the grand temple, Templars stop them, we get a fight sequence, Assassins are outnumbered by the templars and their weapons and are forced to give away the apple. One team takes the apple and the other team is ordered to kill the assassins but Assassins fight back and kill the remaining templars somehow and survive but are now without an apple which is needed to get access to the grand temple and are forced to revisit Connor's memories for another one.

The templars need the apple that Desmond and team have to activate their satellite launch to control the world, So maybe they do lose it in a fight with Danial and Abstergo goons, But then infiltrate their HQ and get it back just in the nick of time before they launch it into space. Then Desmond Later returning to the temple to learn his fate. This is merely speculation though.

Off topic: The time is nearing for me to go Dark..