PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 on Xbox 360 and PS3 was 'almost a miracle'

im3jia
10-17-2012, 07:55 PM
"Assassin's Creed 3 was 'almost a miracle' after Ubisoft realised that to make the game using the current Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3 the developers would have to almost start from scratch.

"Talking to T3, Marc-Antoine Lussier, Technical Director on Assassin's Creed 3 explained that if it wasn't for the revolutionary AnvilNext engine which runs the game, the title may not have even made it onto the current generation of consoles."

Read the article for more :D

http://www.t3.com/news/assassins-creed-3-on-xbox-360-and-ps3-was-almost-a-miracle

DinoSteve1
10-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah right, they wouldn't put AC3 on consoles.

They would ship hardly any copies then.

MadJC1986
10-17-2012, 08:04 PM
This just means that i would have been released for the next generation of consoles...

DinoSteve1
10-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Indeed if there was no AC3 on console there would be no AC3 till next gen.

FinalJ1
10-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Indeed if there was no AC3 on console there would be no AC3 till next gen.

Which might have killed the series.

DinoSteve1
10-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Unlikely, alot of people are getting tired of the yearly Assassin's Creed games.

FinalJ1
10-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Unlikely, alot of people are getting tired of the yearly Assassin's Creed games.

Next gen systems are looking at 2yrs plus away, that's a long wait.

F4H bandicoot
10-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Next gen systems are looking at 2yrs plus away, that's a long wait.
Most people seem to believe they are little over a year away. (I bloody well hope that they are as well)

True_Assassin92
10-17-2012, 08:25 PM
If this would have happened, the series would have been ruined. The game needed to end before the end of this year or else everything has been for nothing. So it would not make sense to not make a game for current gen consoles.

Will_Lucky
10-17-2012, 08:26 PM
I am little worried about the Anvilnext engine to be honest, I'm just hoping it works with few problems at release after the shambles of engines like Creation and Frostbite 2. Skyrim didn't work too well on either console initially god it took 5 months to patch the PS3 version to a point it wasn't a complete shambles and owning the PS3 version sure wasn't fun. Then you have Frostbite 2, compare BF3 on the PC and Consoles and its a world of difference. Obviously an engine that is fit for the next-gen and not this one.

I hope Ubisoft have done a solid job getting this to work on the current generation, but I'm still worried because of the past two games. I've heard some good things though about the performance on the PS3 version at least so hopefully my concerns are unfounded.

LoyalACFan
10-17-2012, 08:55 PM

Did you forget the 2012 plot? If there was no AC3 this year, they would have forced out ANOTHER Altair or Ezio game to halfheartedly address the 2012 ending, turning even more people off of the series.

TheAquila
10-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Well, I suppose this means we can look forward to all the even cooler stuff that will happen on next-gen Assassin's Creed games!

LoyalACFan
10-18-2012, 03:26 AM
I am little worried about the Anvilnext engine to be honest, I'm just hoping it works with few problems at release after the shambles of engines like Creation and Frostbite 2. Skyrim didn't work too well on either console initially god it took 5 months to patch the PS3 version to a point it wasn't a complete shambles and owning the PS3 version sure wasn't fun. Then you have Frostbite 2, compare BF3 on the PC and Consoles and its a world of difference. Obviously an engine that is fit for the next-gen and not this one.

I hope Ubisoft have done a solid job getting this to work on the current generation, but I'm still worried because of the past two games. I've heard some good things though about the performance on the PS3 version at least so hopefully my concerns are unfounded.

I wouldn't worry about it. Skyrim's main PS3 issues stemmed from oversized save files (or so I've heard) and AC3 won't be anywhere near as obnoxiously huge as Skyrim was. Besides, Ubi is obviously developing primarily for consoles, hence the infamous PC delays, whereas Skyrim was pretty much a PC game first and foremost.

Jexx21
10-18-2012, 04:21 AM
Nope, Bethesda games aren't really PC games foremost. The UI is obviously designed for consoles, The only benefit is that the engine is easily moddable, and that's why it's considered a "PC" game.

GreatBeyonder
10-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Everything is more easily moddable on PC...

Locopells
10-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Well, I suppose this means we can look forward to all the even cooler stuff that will happen on next-gen Assassin's Creed games!

Yeah - if AnvilNext is this good now...

Everything is more easily moddable on PC...

Ohhhhhhhh yeah...

Wreaver
10-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Why would it have been for noting?

Locopells
10-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Why would what have been for nothing?

RatonhnhakeFan
10-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Which might have killed the series.
Other franchises are on much years-long breaks and they don't die lol. In fact, this franchise is long overdue for a break

BBALive
10-18-2012, 07:13 PM

The Creation Engine is an upgraded Gamebryo, which was a horrible engine, meaning that the flaws of Gamebryo were still present with Creation. Similarly, AnvilNext is just an upgraded version of the original Anvil engine, which was used for all of the other AC games, which, in general, were not very buggy at all, minus the occasional graphical bug. On top of that, AC games have always performed fine on the PS3 before, so I don't see why it would be any different now.

Frostbite 2 is a completely different story, and it isn't the engines fault that the PC version looks miles better than the console version, it's due to the difference in hardware. Add in DirectX 11 features, and native 1080p, and there you go.

Evenesque
10-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Uni has great quality control judging by past releases. The original ac didn't have any bugs that i can remember on ps3 and that was the engines first retail iteration. AnvilNext is just a retooled Anvil engine so even though it offers the npc graphical difference, its been tested for ages. They said just the deformable snow took them 2 years to get where they wanted it, they've spent longer on the engine as a whole by any means. Whereas my faith in Bethesda was completely shattered with skyrims reskinned failure of the gamebryo engine, ac doesn't worry me at all. Its in capable hands with cubit, and has been ever since the franchise was born.

Evenesque
10-18-2012, 07:40 PM
My kindle wont let me edit posts for some reason. The franchise is in capable hands with Ubisoft*