PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III (Xbox 360) in 3D?

Nax5
10-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering whether or not the Xbox 360 version of AC III would support 3D? I haven't been able to find any information on it. I have been kind of assuming so, since 3D is on the box of the PS3 version, like Revelations, which ended up supporting 3D for the 360 version. Just wondering if anyone has heard the word on this. Thanks!

xXRyzonXx
10-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Why would you want to play in 3D? 3D is a horrible gimmick....

DinoSteve1
10-17-2012, 04:38 PM

This +100

Nax5
10-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Thank you for answering my question. You are so helpful.

If your eyes bug out when you view 3D, that is an incredible misfortune. After playing games like Killzone 3 in 3D, I would never play it any other way.

InfectedNation
10-17-2012, 04:41 PM
The 3D was good in a dark room with a good quality TV.

And although I can't recall the source, I'm almost certain I've seen the Trioviz (sp?) logo at the end of one of the trailers. Which is good because I still have my 3D glasses :)

EDIT: Oh and welcome to the forums!

pacmanate
10-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Think it might be, Revelations was so I don't see a reason for them to take it out.

Mr_Shade
10-17-2012, 06:07 PM

If your eyes bug out when you view 3D, that is an incredible misfortune. After playing games like Killzone 3 in 3D, I would never play it any other way.
indeed some games look great in 3D :)

Think it might be, Revelations was so I don't see a reason for them to take it out.
There's no information as of yet about it - which is odd, I know - however as you say, Revelations did have it..

3D worked very well in Revelations, so if it's in AC3 - it should work just as well ;)

Those who don't like 3D - it's optional, so no need to worry ;)

Slayer_WTF
10-17-2012, 06:14 PM

This.

Mr_Shade
10-17-2012, 06:19 PM
tbh - having played a lot of games in 3D - it does add to the experience..

My gaming was done on a 3D HDTV though.. can't say about the Trioviz system though [never had the glasses!]

I used a LG - Passive 3D TV - and it was very easy on the eyes and preformed great ;)

pacmanate
10-17-2012, 08:33 PM
My Grandad, my 80 year old grandad bought an LG 42 inch HD TV with those glasses and things and 3D games look AMAZING on it. My HD TV is pretty outdated now and his TV is amazing. He also bought an iPhone 4. Also... 3D is optional anyway, if this guy wants to know about it, give him answers, not "3D is a gimmick". His question wasn't if it was a gimmick or not.

Will_Lucky
10-17-2012, 08:36 PM

Well, Sony dropped support for the format 2 months ago. Microsoft have never been interested. And well consumers in general have never really been interested hence why Sony announced future releases wouldn't support it. And considering how much of a step up AC3 is graphically it seems very unlikely.

FinalJ1
10-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Well, Sony dropped support for the format 2 months ago. Microsoft have never been interested. And well consumers in general have never really been interested hence why Sony announced future releases wouldn't support it. And considering how much of a step up AC3 is graphically it seems very unlikely.
Yep it's a gimmick the fell flat I think.

Aphex_Tim
10-17-2012, 09:02 PM

You got a source for this? It kinda worries me since i really enjoyed playing Revelations in 3D and was looking forward to playing AC3 in 3D as well.

Not just AC by the way. Uncharted 3 was beautiful in 3D, it would be a shame if Sony really dropped it.

FinalJ1
10-17-2012, 09:24 PM
You got a source for this? It kinda worries me since i really enjoyed playing Revelations in 3D and was looking forward to playing AC3 in 3D as well.

Not just AC by the way. Uncharted 3 was beautiful in 3D, it would be a shame if Sony really dropped it.

Here is one of many articles about it.
http://www.worldtvpc.com/blog/sony-drop-3d-interests-due-to-lack-of-interest/

Mr_Shade
10-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Sony lowering interest in the format - rather than it being a major selling point for it's hardware, does not mean games which support 3D will stop being made...

'Drop' in the article refers to moving slightly away from the format - not stopping completely.

The choice to use 3D in games - is down to the game developer - since both the PS3 and Xbox 360 are very capable of doing it, so they do not need any further addtional software.

FinalJ1
10-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Sony lowering interest in the format - rather than it being a major selling point for it's hardware, does not mean games which support 3D will stop being made...

'Drop' in the article refers to moving slightly away from the format - not stopping completely.

The choice to use 3D in games - is down to the game developer - since both the PS3 and Xbox 360 are very capable of doing it, so they do not need any further addtional software.

Good point