PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft needs to get it sorted...

OlliAnders
10-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Basically this is a rant about all the "special edition" Ubisoft bring out for the Assassins Creed series. I have played through all the games, and since i have loved every minute of them i have wanted to experience the game in its fullest, so i have been buying the special editions of the games starting with AC2 . I have found that with brotherhood, i paid around 70 for the "codex edition" and got EVERY piece of extra content and an amazing looking storage box for all the components (you dont get a figurine with this but that doesn't bother the gameplay.) I then noticed that with revelations that when i purchased the "animus edition" i got a huge encylopaedia of assassins creed and all the extra content EXCEPT for the one multiplayer character which was found in one of the "special editions", and seen as my favourite character is the jester i really wanted it so i ended up having to fork out for 2 games, which i wasn't happy about because i thought, as with the codex edition, that EVERYTHING available would be in this package. Then we have AC3, and i find as im searching through all the contents of the various editions that not only does the ultimate "freedom edition" have a figurine and an exclusive single player mission "mayan temple" but there is also a "join or die" edition that includes a very cool looking collectors medallion. So this means that i will probably end up buying both because even though im not too bothered about extra material objects like the figurine, the medallion is too cool not to buy. But then i find yet another problem, there is another "special edition" for AC3 that boasts a third exclusive single player mission which means because i love doing all the extra missions etc im going to probably buy that aswell, which means that for one game, me and others like me who have loved doing all the extra content of the AC series will have to fork out a massive 200.00 just to get all the little extra thing. So ubisoft here's my question... why the hell don't you either make ONE "ultimate" edition with every single piece of extra AC goodness and then do a special edition with just the extra DLC stuff, OR alternatively just make the DLC stuff purchasable online because quite frankly thinking about it all my mates have said they aren't buying the ridiculously prices special editions and this time they're just getting the basic 35 one because it's clear that Ubisoft as a company are just exploiting the franchise and trying to squeeze as much money out of us that they can purely because we love the game, and it's not on.

tre289
10-17-2012, 06:04 AM
It seems to me like you are literally complaining that you have enough money to buy 3 copies of the same game. THREE! And are actually saying that you are going to buy them.

A person with common sense would wait for whichever pre-order, or package content they didn't get with their original purchase, to be released on Xboxlive or PsN. Which they most likely will.

Also... variety is the spice of life. if you want what comes with Join or Die edition, you purchase that one, if you want what comes with the other one you purchase that one. If you can't handle making the decision to purchase only one, then that's your fault. Kind of beeing greedy here. Also a good thing to note that different stores also have their own pre-order incentives exclusively to attempt to entice for more sales at that specific retailer.

What's funny though.. is that In Canada.. There is no Join or Die edition, or any of the actual fancy crap that UK is getting for pre-orders. The North American Colelctors Edition is significantly more lame, and I am not buying Assassins creed III as the limited/collectors edition, as I have done for every past Assassins creed title. $120 of my dollars are not worth the steel case, a statue, a flag, and a stupid belt buckle. However, I would have glady thrown $120 at a Join or Die edition and everything that comes with.

It is actually also funny that you are complaining about HAVING to spend nerly $200 for a game because you are buying it three times... Telling Ubi to make one Ultimate edition. I can guarantee if Ubi went ahead and combined everything into an Ultimate edition, the price would end up around the same a what you are complaining about.

Buy one game, wait for DLC to drop.

OlliAnders
10-17-2012, 07:27 AM
I didn't say i could afford the 200 at all and ubisoft used to combine all the extras into 1 ultimate package and then started to make more and more different versions spreading the bonus features across 3 or 4 different versions of the game, and i don't stand alone in this, i know many people that love the game so much that they want to experience it in it's fullest, and i don't see how that is being greedy, wanting to play the game in it's entirety instead of wondering what that mission was all about that came with the edition i didn't buy. As for DLC coming on PSN i don't trust PSN with my card details after it got hacked and by the time all of it is released for sale online the game is dead and i've stopped playing. It just doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't make a box set with all the extra stuff in and then charge like 100, because the only reason that it would cost me 200 is because i would have 3 game disks, which on their own as the standard edition cost around 35 each, so with 2 of these reomved it would cost 130 but that still includes the cost of all the packaging for the 3 box sets and id end up with 2 of the george washington books. So it would actually make sense to make one ultimate box set as it would make customers like me happier, save the company money in excess packaging and would also be more environmentally friendly.

Free_Hidings
10-17-2012, 08:12 AM
I didn't say i could afford the 200 at all and ubisoft used to combine all the extras into 1 ultimate package and then started to make more and more different versions spreading the bonus features across 3 or 4 different versions of the game, and i don't stand alone in this, i know many people that love the game so much that they want to experience it in it's fullest, and i don't see how that is being greedy, wanting to play the game in it's entirety instead of wondering what that mission was all about that came with the edition i didn't buy. As for DLC coming on PSN i don't trust PSN with my card details after it got hacked and by the time all of it is released for sale online the game is dead and i've stopped playing. It just doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't make a box set with all the extra stuff in and then charge like 100, because the only reason that it would cost me 200 is because i would have 3 game disks, which on their own as the standard edition cost around 35 each, so with 2 of these reomved it would cost 130 but that still includes the cost of all the packaging for the 3 box sets and id end up with 2 of the george washington books. So it would actually make sense to make one ultimate box set as it would make customers like me happier, save the company money in excess packaging and would also be more environmentally friendly.

wat

Sorry, I didn't read much of what you wrote, the lack of paragraphs put me off.

I can see where you're coming from. I personally don't care at all for the gimmicky real life collecters stuff. I want as much in game content as I can get, and that's it. I also see the appeal in having the unique MP characters.

Usually they are available via DLC after a bit, as are the unique bonus missions. If I were you I would just go for whichever edition has the most in game content available. If you have to go without a MP character... That's unfortunate, but it's really not a big deal.

DinoSteve1
10-17-2012, 10:35 AM
I wish we had a package with all the dlc instead of all that other crap.

IWGCJoeCool
10-17-2012, 12:20 PM
personally, all the different extras from the different retailers is a little offputting, and to be honest, no interest in the various nick-knacks. my plan is to get the basic 59.99 game, and the DLC on day-1. if it's anything like other studios and games, the retailer exclusive content will be available to everyone down the road. i'm just done (again) with AC2, and found that the game adapted well to the M12 and M13 Memories, even though i had already played through M14 completion.

JC

BBALive
10-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Just buy the Join or Die edition and then get the 2 other DLC missions when they are inevitably released on PSN/XBL/Steam. Simple.

SevereAtrophy
10-17-2012, 01:25 PM
You need to ask this question to all games publishers not just Ubisoft. They are all guilty of doing it, same as the different pre-order bonuses you can get from various retailers.

It is a sign of the times, its just the way it is, just get them on PSN when they are released, and if you don't like giving them your card details buy a PSN wallet Top-up card from your local retailer.
Its all fairly simple. and you wont be paying out on multiple editions of the game.