PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Catch Up Please?

tjbyrum1
10-16-2012, 08:58 PM
I only play the main games (AC1, 2, Bro and Rev). I do not read the comics, or play the spin-offs, or anything like that - games only.

After checking out the Assassin's Creed Initiates thread, I feel completely lost. The Initiates thing doesn't load properly for me, and I can't really do much there, so can someone explain to me what's happening outside of the video games? Like a timeline or something?

im3jia
10-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Here's the first entry in the timeline, 75010 BC: Adam & Eve

Adam & Eve turn their backs on Eden

The Templars claim that humans are descended from genetic experiments created by The First Civilization, a race of beings who ruled the planet long ago. Those Who Came Before had a long lifespan and possessed six senses instead of five. They used their advanced technology to create humans in their image, but to keep their creations subservient, they gave them a shorter lifespan and only five senses. They wielded complex machines known as Pieces of Eden to ensure obedience.According to the Templars, Eden was a false Paradise, and the progenitors of the human race, a mitochondrial Eve and a Y-Chromosomal Adam, were the first humans to revolt against Those Who Came Before, which sparked a rebellion against the First Civilization.

im3jia
10-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Then in 75000 BC: Toba Catastrophe

First Civilization annihilated

After centuries of enslavement, the humans revolted against their First Civilization masters, and war broke out. While Those Who Came Before possessed supererior technology, humans had the superior numbers. But while the two sides fought, a great catastrophe struck the Earth, putting and end to the war.It became known as the Toba Catastrophe. The First Civilization was wiped out and mankind, though scattered across the globe, became the dominant species. The few survivors of Those Who Came Before were reduced to influencing the emerging human societies as gods, before completely disappearing from the face of the Earth.

im3jia
10-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Then in 0500 BC :Foundation Of Pythagoreanism

Pythagoras establishes the religious movement of Pythagoreanism

Pythagoras was a Greek philosopher and mathematician who is most recognized for the Pythagorean theorem. Through his research, he encountered a strange man who was believed to be a member of Those Who Came Before.In the early part of the sixteen century, Leonardo Da Vinci, inspired by his exposure to the Apple of Eden, researched the life of Pythagoras. He was then able to locate the legendary Temple of Pythagoras in Rome.

im3jia
10-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Then, from 0465 BC through 041 BC, it talks about how and why the assassination targets were killed, the ones represented by thier Assassin's under Monteriggioni.

Then, in 1000 BC: Pope Sylvester II

Templar scientist branded a heretic

Sylvester II was elected as Pope in 999. In addition to being the first French Pope, he was a prolific intellectual, a firm believer in science, and a Templar leader. His connections to other men of science and his desire to eliminate corruption within the church, brought him many enemies. Rumours began to spread that Sylvester was a sorcerer who associated with the Devil. He was ultimately branded a heretic.

im3jia
10-16-2012, 09:22 PM
In 1099: Siege of Jerusalem- The First Crusade led to the Siege of Jerusalem in the summer of 1099 In 1128: Bernard De Clairvaux- A French abbot reforms the Templar OrderIn 1191: Siege of Masyaf- A Templar assault stopped by skilled Assassin's tacticsAlso in 1191: Death of Robert De Sable- Robert de Sable was the Grand Master of the Knights TemplarStill in 1191: Altaïr, Leader Of The Brotherhood- Altaïr ibn-la'ahad became the new leader of the Assassins after defeating the treacherous Al MualimIn 1227: Death Of Genghis Khan- The Mongol Warlord Genghis Khan slayed by Mongolian Assassin Qulan GalIn 1314: Death of Jacques De Molay- Last publicly recognized Grand Master of the TemplarsIn 1476: Auditore Execution- Conspiracy against the Auditore familyAlso in 1476: Leonardo Da Vinci- The beginning of a long friendship and collaboration between Ezio Auditore and the world renowned geniusIn 1488: NICCOLÒ MACHIAVELLI- Induction into the Assassin BrotherhoodIn 1500: Siege of Monteriggioni- A stronghold of the Brotherhood falls into the hands of the BorgiasAlso in 1500: Nicolaus Copernicus- A Renaissance astronomer transforms the conception of the worldIn 1503: Ezio, Leader of The Brotherhood- Ezio's accomplishments lead him to the top of the Assassin's hierarchyAlso in 1503: Death Of Rodrigo Borgia- Grand Master of the Templars and Pope eliminated by his own sonIn 1507: Siege of Viana- Cesare Borgia's attempt to recover his power and influenceAlso in 1507: Death of Cesare Borgia- Borgia's reign coming to an endIn 1511: Ezio in Constantinople- Ezio encounters the Byzantine TemplarsIn 1512: Masyaf Revelation- Masyaf keys discovered by EzioIn 1525: Shao Jun Encounters Ezio- Assassin searching for Ezio’s helpIn 1687: Isaac Newton- Publication of Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia MathematicaIn 1688: Glorious Revolution- King James II overthrown changed the portrait of the British Parliament and the CrownIn 1776: United States Declaration of Independence- Signed by the representatives of the thirteen coloniesIn 1779: George Washington- George Washington and Connor riding togetherIn 1789: French Revolution- Ancien régime crumblingIn 1881: Death of Czar Alexander II - Killed by the Assassins of Narodnaya VolyaIn 1901: Queen Victoria- Victorian Era witnessed the expansion of the British EmpireIn 1908: Tunguska Explosion- Inexplicable phenomenon occuring in SiberiaIn 1914: Franz Ferdinand- Assassination sparks First World WarIn 1917: Russian Revolution- The end of the Tsarist regimeIn 1937: Abstergo Industries- The new public face of the Templar OrderIn 1980: Animus Project- Major invention designed to explore and manipulate genetic memoryIn 2000: Daniel Cross - Subject 4- Subject 4 kills the Mentor of the AssassinsAlso in 2000: Great Purge- Assassin forces decimatedIn 2012: Death Of Subject 16- His death leaves important clues for the next Assassin to occupy his secure cellAlso in 2012: Desmond Miles - Subject 17- Kidnapped by Abstergo Industries Desmond Miles experiences the Animus for the first timeStill in 2012: Desmond in a coma- Animus exposure and the death of his friend plunged him in a comaComing in 2012: Satellite Launch- The Eye-Abstergo scheduled to be launched on December 21, 2012

Em-Man
10-16-2012, 09:25 PM
While Those Who Came Before possessed supererior technology, humans had the superior numbers.
It was never clear to me why the humans exceeded superior numbers. It's pretty unbelievable considering the fact that the first civilization had long lifespans and possessed advanced technology (which suggest that they've been around for a very, very long time before humans was created).

The only way this would make sense is if earth simply is a colony and not their home planet. That would explain their lack of numbers.

im3jia
10-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Need to back and add the "break" symbols :/

sticks165
10-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Need to back and add the "break" symbols :/

you should edit your first post instead of double posting.

tre289
10-16-2012, 09:57 PM
you should edit your first post instead of double posting.

I honestly prefer his several posts as oppposed to one post the size of 4. They contributed alot of information.

sticks165
10-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I honestly prefer his several posts as oppposed to one post the size of 4. They contributed alot of information.

yeah but its against forum rules to double post.

tre289
10-16-2012, 10:02 PM
yeah but its against forum rules to double post.

Atleast his posts answered everything the OP wanted to know.

HisSpiritLives
10-16-2012, 10:51 PM
You didnt miss much because you didnt read comics,at the ned it is all about main games about that other things i personaly dont care much since story cant even compete.

tjbyrum1
10-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Okay.

chrislill97
10-17-2012, 07:55 PM
It was never clear to me why the humans exceeded superior numbers. It's pretty unbelievable considering the fact that the first civilization had long lifespans and possessed advanced technology (which suggest that they've been around for a very, very long time before humans was created).

The only way this would make sense is if earth simply is a colony and not their home planet. That would explain their lack of numbers.

It might be because species with a long lifespan usually reproduce slower than a species with a shorter lifespan
(sorry for bad english,i am from norway)

shinyFezzan
10-17-2012, 10:49 PM
People get assinated by these people called assassins.

Locopells
10-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Thank you Shaun... :-)

IWGCJoeCool
10-18-2012, 01:13 PM
thanx to the poster who took the time to outline the history. this game series has done an excellent job of blending a fiction into the accepted true times, events, and figures. it deserves the amount of discussion and speculation it gets. it has to be good for people to get so immersed that they know when things are either on, or off, canon.

JC

Locopells
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
They have done a spectacular amount of work on the AC universe, I must say.

Chariflame
10-18-2012, 01:49 PM

I see it this way; humans were like cattle to them. Workers. Only a small amount of Those Who Came Before were required to keep control of them. It would of only been in retrospect after the rebellion that they realised their fault, and by then it would of been too late.

To the OP, I would recommend looking at all the info on http://acinitiates.com, which is an official site keeping track of both an overall timeline for the series and is keeping track of the modern events. Supplement with info from the AC Wiki, and you're all set. I'd just have a quick read over Daniel Cross, if nothing else. He's the main character of the comics and will be in ACIII.